SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

We knew it was going to end this way. 
I have a feeling there’s been an illegality somewhere along the line and we are taking our time to check it out before hitting the nuclear button.  

I’d be surprised if we aren’t done now. As unfair as the whole thing is I think we’ll take our slap on the wrist and concentrate on getting back to the premiership. I could be wrong and await our statement with interest but I feel today was the end of it. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 minute ago, communist said:

What does sky have to do with it? Genuine question, not being sarky. 

Mentioned to them reason I'm pulling out, least I made a statement

42 minutes ago, David Black said:

I would hope that part of the statement is that the board of directors are standing down. They are ultimately to blame. This is the exact time for them to go and let us rebuild off the field as well as on.

Run along now, sonny.

3 minutes ago, RangersFanInPeace said:

Apologies if people don't want to here from a Rangers fan but we have a few contributors from elsewhere on our forum and I enjoy reading from other perspectives.

From a selfish point of view I'm glad some other clubs are becoming aware of the corruption within our game. It is however sad to see so many Hearts fans saying they are done with Scottish Football and won't be attending away games. This is a common theme amongst Rangers supporters and whilst I understand the sentiment I hate to see it and makes me worry about the future of our game. 

Well done for at least challenging the ridiculous decision to relegate you and good luck for the season. I'm sure you will be back soon stronger than ever. 

Sorry but your team is one of the major reasons there is corruption in Scottish football.

3 minutes ago, communist said:

What does sky have to do with it? Genuine question, not being sarky. 

Giving money to Sky is giving money to the SPFL.

7 minutes ago, assessor said:

That's me cancelling all Sky I have including broadband... Stuff all of Scottish football. ONLY HEARTS

Don't use 3 they are pish!

1 minute ago, RangersFanInPeace said:

Apologies if people don't want to here from a Rangers fan but we have a few contributors from elsewhere on our forum and I enjoy reading from other perspectives.

From a selfish point of view I'm glad some other clubs are becoming aware of the corruption within our game. It is however sad to see so many Hearts fans saying they are done with Scottish Football and won't be attending away games. This is a common theme amongst Rangers supporters and whilst I understand the sentiment I hate to see it and makes me worry about the future of our game. 

Well done for at least challenging the ridiculous decision to relegate you and good luck for the season. I'm sure you will be back soon stronger than ever. 

We should all be worrying about the future of the game in Scotland, but sadly very many can’t see beyond 6” in front of their nose. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Absolute nonsense! We desperately need Budge’s financial clout along with the backing of her pal Anderson at this desperate time!

Once we are back in the Premiership and the Club is stabilised that is the time for her to stand down

Agree ! We need Mrs Budge and her backers to see is through these next couple of years at least 

Stendelsarmy
5 minutes ago, RangersFanInPeace said:

Was obvious the game up here is ****ed when a majority of teams turned down a free independent investigation of what happened with the ending the season debacle

40 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5719233/dutch-knvb-compensation-court-of-arbitration/amp/

Dutch league teams received compensation for not going to COS after relegation. 

that’s why I can’t understand there was no compensation offered to us and thistle

Maybe we should go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport although it could be risky and costly.

2 minutes ago, Steve said:

I think we should be displaying our thoughts on massive banners round the stadium (a bit like what the tims do in their embarrassing plight against poppies)

Increase the public hatred for Dungcaster and the SPFL

The Celtic banners are the ultimate cringe. 'Tories not welcome (except our tory donor chairman). Will we invest in some Palestine flags to go with our cringey banners

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

I totally understand and respect your position. I just do not like playing cards when the deck Is stacked against me. If we want a different result, we need to change some fundamentals. The continued drop off of the fan base in Scotland will, I suppose eventually lead to some slow change. Probably too late.

That is why we need to investigate the possibility of joining the English pyramid set up. (Separate thread). It has two advantages.

1. We play in a league system that would allow Hearts to fulfil their true potential (given time).

2. The act of jumping will force reconstruction of the Scottish game and governance structure.

This will never happen. We either play within the Scottish football structure or no-where. I prefer the former. 

Rick Sanchez

So no smoking gun? 

Doncaster giving Nelms the deciding vote whilst talking about friendlies with big hitters? 

We should now be planning for the championship 100%, but we should also be taking it to the CoS or Switzerland for compensation.

Why not? It's not going to be a distraction any longer. Let Neilson and JJ prepare the squad for the championship and take these scumbags as far as we can go.

Would love to take Doncaster to Switzerland and cost him his new ethics job. **** him.

Robbo-Jambo

Surprised that there has been no official statement from us yet. 

Wonder if there is going to be one last sting in the tail over this whole shambles. 😏

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, 4171 said:

Like all of you absolutely gutted about todays outcome ..myself and plenty of other Thistle fans will not be giving another penny to the clubs who have ****ed us over..hopefully we draw you or Stranraer in a cup so i can get an away day..

Thistle will get my season ticket money and other donationsfrom now on...my son plays junior football so I'll be trecking all over west lothian with him.

All the best lads ..once went on the Hearts Glasgow supporters bus to Prague..great guys and agreat trip..

🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪🇱🇻🇧🇪

Cheers, I will definitely get through for one of your games next season when it’s allowed. Good luck next season. I would like to see us loan yourselves and the others that backed us some players,  if they’re good enough to help you get back up of course. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

We will be playing the semi final and the final if we get there. The choice to go or abstain is a personal one. I’ll be going if fans are permitted.

Which end though?

9 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

We knew it was going to end this way. 
I have a feeling there’s been an illegality somewhere along the line and we are taking our time to check it out before hitting the nuclear button.  

Fingers crossed.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So no smoking gun? 

Doncaster giving Nelms the deciding vote whilst talking about friendlies with big hitters? 

We should now be planning for the championship 100%, but we should also be taking it to the CoS or Switzerland for compensation.

Why not? It's not going to be a distraction any longer. Let Neilson and JJ prepare the squad for the championship and take these scumbags as far as we can go.

Would love to take Doncaster to Switzerland and cost him his new ethics job. **** him.

Definitely.

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So no smoking gun? 

Ethics and Doncaster in the same sentence :rofl: 

Edited by Clark Griswold

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

I’ll try hard to grow up although it’s a bit late for me in my 7th decade. I don’t , and won’t, forget her positive contribution. But the only way to exorcise and not repeat the absolute catastrophe of the last couple of years is to have a searching and reasoned analysis of how it happened. Not today or even this week, but definitely before she and we move on. I’m pretty confident she realises that herself.

Now that is a reasoned balanced post that I agree with. Once things settle down we have to get our house in order from top to bottom. Not just say kick everyone out and start again

Shanks said no
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In what way should she take him on?

I would like her statement to make absolutely everyone aware that she is disgusted by his comments.

Along the lines of "I am disgusted that the Chief Executive of the SPFL should be in any way delighted that under his management three of the oldest clubs in the country have been so woefully mistreated. To display delight when his inaction and lack of basic administrative skill, let alone his ineptitude as a chief executive are now resulting in me having to lose xxx staff who have worked tirelessly for Hearts shocks me. A man who is paid more than xxx of the lower league clubs receive from the SPFL. A man who has the most ridiculous haircut I have ever seen. However in the interests of reconciliation I would like to invite him to Tynecastle when supporters are allowed to return, when I will offer his arse to be kicked up and down McLeod Street by any supporter who wishes to partake."

Just now, Turkishcap said:

Fingers crossed.

Hope our button, if we have one, is bigger than Trump’s.

I have a feeling this is the end of the road now. If there is some legality then we should absolutely chase this through. Sure the club will do why they feel is best in consultation with our legal team.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So

I’m liking your thinking. 

🤔

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I have to disagree with your thoughts on the outcome and comparing it to losing a derby.

This is not a defeat by one club but the majority of the clubs in our football leagues and the processes that govern our game.

I think there will be a lot of seethe around between us and many of the clubs that voted us down for a long time to come and that can't be good for the game.

At a time of crisis within the world we should be only too glad to try and help others instead of sticking the knife in and twisting it because make no mistake that's what this outcome is.

They are queuing up to gloat now and get their tuppence worth in about how bad we are for daring to challenge them.

Make no mistake every game we play next season will be like the Dundee game that cost us the league as they will all be desperate to stick the knife in even further.

The one thing that the SFA/SPFL have done is made sure that their rules and articles etc, etc make them watertight and virtually untouchable via their own processes.

I just hope at some point they slip up and someone is able to crucify them in a proper court of law.

Agree 100%.

The fact that this organisation can curtail the season, hand out titles, hand out relegation, remove playoffs and  rip up the Lower league agreements with no recourse should be concerning to all. 

Also, The fact that teams won't vote something in place to stop this happening again is more concerning, clubs waiting to see where they are before voting is absolutely reeking. 

Basically any member can be shat on and anything changed as long as the majority rules it OK to do so. 

The voting process can be influenced as well, apparently, that's also OK. 

It's a complete shit show 

The lack of a statement from the club yet is VERY interesting

We are certainly looking at something closely IMO

Anyway, apologies if I raised hopes at any time - legally speaking I was certain we had a shout at this

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So no smoking gun? 

Not just the friendlies for Nelms, what about the big pay check from Celtic TV for Strachan who despite now working for Celtic TV seems to have more time on his hands to help Dundee free of charge?

Just now, Jammy T said:

Anyway, apologies if I raised hopes at any time - legally speaking I was certain we had a shout at this

You only called it As you seen it. I found your posts very interesting.  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Jammy T said:

I think we've been stitched up. Let's see what happens next. I suspect we're not done.

6 minutes ago, JimKongUno said:

The Celtic banners are the ultimate cringe. 'Tories not welcome (except our tory donor chairman). Will we invest in some Palestine flags to go with our cringey banners

The poster isn't suggesting Celtic banners or Palestinian flags. 

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I would like her statement to make absolutely everyone aware that she is disgusted by his comments.

Along the lines of "I am disgusted that the Chief Executive of the SPFL should be in any way delighted that under his management three of the oldest clubs in the country have been so woefully mistreated. To display delight when his inaction and lack of basic administrative skill, let alone his ineptitude as a chief executive are now resulting in me having to lose xxx staff who have worked tirelessly for Hearts shocks me. A man who is paid more than xxx of the lower league clubs receive from the SPFL. A man who has the most ridiculous haircut I have ever seen. However in the interests of reconciliation I would like to invite him to Tynecastle when supporters are allowed to return, when I will offer his arse to be kicked up and down McLeod Street by any supporter who wishes to partake."

😂😂😂😂😂-😂

13 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

Bet we get Rovers at Starks park on Friday October 16th....

Would be great if we are allowed to the game but with no sales, Ann Budge hands all the away tickets back to Rovers about 20mins before kickoff...

Be great to see the cameras pan from an empty away stand to that pr*ck of a Rovers chairman..

And then a camera cuts to all the rammed full hospitality suites back at Tynie, where our club is making a fortune from the game being on TV.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

No need to apologise....unless you were on the panel that is!?? 😠 🤣

RangersFanInPeace
13 minutes ago, jackal said:

Sorry but your team is one of the major reasons there is corruption in Scottish football.

Pre 2012 we probably had too much influence and the Old Firm certainly had a power block. 

Currently we have zero influence and very few friends in the game. Whilst it was bad having 2 clubs running the show it's even worse now with just the one. 

No idea how it would work but ideas like a draft system I like. Ultimately we need to get back to rivalry without hatred however we are currently a million miles away from that

Edited by RangersFanInPeace

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, weehammy said:

I’ll try hard to grow up although it’s a bit late for me in my 7th decade. I don’t , and won’t, forget her positive contribution. But the only way to exorcise and not repeat the absolute catastrophe of the last couple of years is to have a searching and reasoned analysis of how it happened. Not today or even this week, but definitely before she and we move on. I’m pretty confident she realises that herself.

The bigger picture is that no teams should have been relegated through a vote. 

We have our issues, but how Scottish football has treated 3 members and the lower league teams  is a separate issue and is a disgrace. 

No clubs should have been treated the way we have. 

David Black
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Absolute nonsense! We desperately need Budge’s financial clout along with the backing of her pal Anderson at this desperate time!

Once we are back in the Premiership and the Club is stabilised that is the time for her to stand down

So your saying that Anderson only donates his money because AB is at the club. If she wasn't , he wouldn't. I thought he was an out and out Hearts man and if that's the case he'll back us no matter who is in charge. So we are just like the SPFL, things just go on and on and on and nothing changes for the better. I appreciate everything AB has done, but she must be held to account like the other board members for this mess.  

Rick Sanchez

We need to get as much exposure on this as possible and that will be in Switzerland. We keep hearing about Holland and Belgium but you can guarantee they don't know much about this.

I find not being awarded compensation astounding tbh. Fairly sure it's happened/happening abroad. So we should be pushing for it, similar to them.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

🧐😄

3 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

I totally understand and respect your position. I just do not like playing cards when the deck Is stacked against me. If we want a different result, we need to change some fundamentals. The continued drop off of the fan base in Scotland will, I suppose eventually lead to some slow change. Probably too late.

That is why we need to investigate the possibility of joining the English pyramid set up. (Separate thread). It has two advantages.

1. We play in a league system that would allow Hearts to fulfil their true potential (given time).

2. The act of jumping will force reconstruction of the Scottish game and governance structure.

The way to change things is to fight them at their own game and the only way to do that is to challenge the Old Firm on the football park.

The majority of the 42 clubs have shown over the years that they will not change in their support of all things Old Firm even when faced with an epidemic

You might actually want to check your assumptions on the drop off of the fan base.  I have attached a link which is one year out of date but that is due to the current season's figures not being available due to the season ending early. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473238

Us being accepted into the English System at this point in time is an absurd idea if for no other reason than Covid 19. No harm in investigating the possibilty.

I very much doubt they would want any team from Scotland entering their leagues.

In the unlikely event that we were actually accepted then I think the other clubs along with the SFA and SPFL would just be saying good riddance.

We won't be deducted points, it's not listed as a punishment. It's a fine and/or expulsion. 

Anyone now directing their ire at Ann can gtf in my book. She did what we asked her to do and fought this all the way and I hope there is a way we can continue to fight it. Yes mistakes were made and she owned upto them, who here has never made a mistake? Move on.

All the hate, anger should be directed at the SPFL/SFA & the meek clubs who simply didn't have the guts to stand up to them. We did and I'm proud we didn't roll over. I'm all for boycotting cups, away games (cept a select few, you know who) Scotland games. I will only part with my cash if I know all of it is going to the club I love.

Never let them forget, never stop defending our club for fighting for what was right.

Don't give up, double down instead.

Only Hearts until the day I leave this Earth.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Has the SFA made a statement yet ?obviously SPFL have and are both delighted and vindicated.

2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

And then a camera cuts to all the rammed full hospitality suites back at Tynie, where our club is making a fortune from the game being on TV.

Now that would be joyous 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree 100%.

The fact that this organisation can curtail the season, hand out titles, hand out relegation, remove playoffs and  rip up the Lower league agreements with no recourse should be concerning to all. 

Also, The fact that teams won't vote something in place to stop this happening again is more concerning, clubs waiting to see where they are before voting is absolutely reeking. 

Basically any member can be shat on and anything changed as long as the majority rules it OK to do so. 

The voting process can be influenced as well, apparently, that's also OK. 

It's a complete shit show 

👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, RangersFanInPeace said:

Pre 2012 we probably had too much influence and the Old Firm certainly had a power block. 

Currently we have zero influence and very few friends in the game. Whilst it was bad having 2 clubs running the show it's even worse now with just the one. 

No idea how it would work but ideas like a draft system I like. Ultimately we need to get back to rivalry without atred however we are currently a million miles away from that

Tbh Having 2 clubs or 1 running the show make no difference to any other club other than the 1 that has been humped out the cartel. 

You wouldn't have noticed before because you were on the other side of the fence. 

All you are doing is now noticing what every other fan has been on about for 30 years. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

17 minutes ago, Threebs said:

We should all be worrying about the future of the game in Scotland, but sadly very many can’t see beyond 6” in front of their nose. 

Youv'e got a big nose mate.

3 minutes ago, RangersFanInPeace said:

No idea how it would work but ideas like a draft system I like. Ultimately we need to get back to rivalry without hatred however we are currently a million miles away from that

You have a “gentleman’s agreement” for your directors to swap places on the board. We have an 11-1 voting system that benefits both of you. You both have too much influence on the governing bodies and the media. Away and gies peace.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

So your saying that Anderson only donates his money because AB is at the club. If she wasn't , he wouldn't. I thought he was an out and out Hearts man and if that's the case he'll back us no matter who is in charge. So we are just like the SPFL, things just go on and on and on and nothing changes for the better. I appreciate everything AB has done, but she must be held to account like the other board members for this mess.  

Very few people on here are interested in holding Budge to account I’m afraid. They’ll throw in little sops like ‘yes, she made mistakes on the football side’ but generally they think that bottom of the league and a badly under-costed main stand = a good job.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )