SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, Slevinkelevra said:

Peoples jobs are at stake and that cretin is delighted, im speechless. Rotten to the core.

This

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Shanks said no

Fist of Gorgie - Album on Imgur

The Fist of Gorgie is rising from its slumber and getting ready to welcome visiting teams and supporters to our home.

4 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

We still want to beat Hibs, we will beat them again more so now 

Pay at the home gate if you want to watch Hearts away 

We will be stronger and galvanised, this is just a new beginning 

2 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Paying at the home gate still finances a club who shafted us! No away tickets, no away support at any ground belonging to those who did so. 

Footballfirst

I guess that Hearts and Partick will have held off making any statements to see what the other parties put out.

I would hope that there is enough in the written judgement that criticises the actions of the SPFL, while not deeming them unlawful per se.  I would like the two clubs to highlight those issues and wipe the smug grin off ND's pus.

Jamstomorrow
50 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Why is there no statement on the hearts website? Everyone in the country announces the outcome and nothing from the club.

Perhaps they are taking the matter under advisement before making a statement.

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: 

“I am absolutely delighted that our approach has been vindicated"

i keep reading it & each time my jaw drops. Absolutely delighted.....

It’s an absolutely disgusting turn of phrase. 

1 minute ago, Slevinkelevra said:

Peoples jobs are at stake and that cretin is delighted, im speechless. Rotten to the core.

Flipping hell, didn't even think of that. What an utter scumbag. 

john thomas
1 minute ago, Mundaydog said:

Going through that potential situation myself with the downturn in work. Don’t wish that on anyone at the club, but if thats the case then the club needs to make a very public statement laying the blame on the SPFL.

The SPFL claiming they have been vindicated just isn't true .

Ok our legal argument was found to be wrong but this would never have been dragged through the courts if they had done their job properly .

They pushed through a completely flawed resolution with no regard for some of their members . In the process of doing this they were disingenuous on a number of points .

They , apparently , managed to stay on the right side of the law whilst doing all this .

They now see fit to come out with a smug , self serving statement like they have ? All they are doing is celebrating the fact they have screwed their own members

16 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

The clubs cant and wont rush a statement out, it will be carefully thought out depending on or if any further action is to come.

You would think that we have had a fair bit of time throughtout this whole process of Arbitration to have some pre determined statements ready for whatever outcome?

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:
4 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

We still want to beat Hibs, we will beat them again more so now 

Pay at the home gate if you want to watch Hearts away 

We will be stronger and galvanised, this is just a new beginning 

Paying at the home gate still finances a club who shafted us! No away tickets, no away support at any ground belonging to those who did so. 

I totally agree but some Hearts supporters will still want to see us away from home, it's there free choice 

I hope we charge away fan's double for a seat in the Roseburn and double for pie's, bovril and to use the toilets

12 minutes ago, OBE said:

You knew before the cockroaches...:clap:

Unfortunately :( 

No compensation either.

No idea what our next move will be if any at all.

husref musemic
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Doncaster can't hide his delight. Id love to see him in gorgie soon. 

20 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeah and how many people laughed at him for that (including a minority of us). Vlad knew it from day 1.

Correct. 

Scottish cup now null and void as the season is finished. And withdraw from this year's league Cup and Scottish cup. 

I'm not sure what the basis of the arbitration committees decision was. If they were testing and applying the rules of the SFA then their decision makes sense. I dont know if they were testing the case on a Company Law/ Competition Law basis, if not then we could theoretically challenge at the CoS on those grounds.

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, husref musemic said:

Doncaster can't hide his delight. Id love to see him in gorgie soon. 

He should be hounded out of Scotland 

WorldChampions1902
6 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I'd love to wipe the smug grins off their ugly mugs by announcing we are challenging the legality of the company law decision.

Under what precedent did the Dundee vote fail? There must have been an existing precedent as the arbitration panel do not have authority to create a new one.

If there is an existing precedent then why did our legal team not know about it? Have they been negligent? 

The whole thing stinks of the decision being too hard for the panel and them taking the easy option. If the decision was made on Friday how on earth could they have given it proper consideration. Answer they couldn't and appear to have taken the cowardly route. 

I’m with you on this. There are some major questions that need answered which is why I really want to see what the club has to say. Like you suggest, there have either been serious shortcomings on our legal preparations or..........?? (And yes, I appreciate this is clutching at straws, but until I see both sides of this outcome, I am not going to get in a lather).

2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

No compensation either.

Did you really know or was it just an immaculately timed stab?

12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Where's our statement wish they would put us out our misery one way or another 

Hearing is still ongoing regarding expenses. I’d imagine we will speak after that

1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

I totally agree but some Hearts supporters will still want to see us away from home, it's there free choice 

I hope we charge away fan's double for a seat in the Roseburn and double for pie's, bovril and to use the toilets

We can’t do that.

Just make being a supporter of one of these scum clubs as uncomfortable an experience as possible when they come visiting.

1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

Why would anyone want to make a financial contribution to a club who vindictively and selfishly shafted their team? I just don’t get it! HMFC should NOT sell tickets, full stop. 

williamgerrard

Ment to ask anyone got proof that theres no promotion next season heard this story so many times 

Just now, OBE said:

Did you really know or was it just an immaculately timed stab?

I wouldn't guess on a fans forum about something that is so important to the club and me. Hope that answers the question.

jamboinglasgow

The depressing thing is that there is still 82 days till our first league game, while the Premiership clubs have 5 days. I miss Hearts actually playing.

1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

Ment to ask anyone got proof that theres no promotion next season heard this story so many times 

Complete red herring. Untrue.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, williamgerrard said:

I think that was the fear of the SPFL getting handed executive powers to curtail next season if covid spikes again. I believe the clubs voted against granting them this power though.

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

The depressing thing is that there is still 82 days till our first league game, while the Premiership clubs have 5 days. I miss Hearts actually playing.

This. 

Seems a lifetime away to get some retribution on the pitch and get some frustrations let loose. 😏

Another kick in the teeth but I've not had a jot of confidence in a positive outcome throughout this sorry mess.

We move on, wounded and hopefully ready to attack. There was an incredible amount of apathy in the stands prior to this, I believe this process has galvanised a flagging fanbase and despite this being utterly sh*t, we will come back from this.

4 minutes ago, Chris#9 said:

Hearing is still ongoing regarding expenses. I’d imagine we will speak after that

I imagine we’ll have a discussion with the legal team as to whether we’ve exhausted all the viable options. I rather suspect we have and we’ll issue a ‘disappointed but moving on’ type statement this evening

Cruickie's Moustache
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I guess that Hearts and Partick will have held off making any statements to see what the other parties put out.

I would hope that there is enough in the written judgement that criticises the actions of the SPFL, while not deeming them unlawful per se.  I would like the two clubs to highlight those issues and wipe the smug grin off ND's pus.

Disappointed but not surprised. Trying to prove prejudice in the eyes of the law was always going to be difficult.

Just thought the longer it went on the more hope we had of finding something that would have swayed the panel.

Hopefully there is something in the judgement that doesn't let the SPFL off the hook totally.

If that is the case I wholly expect Hearts & Thistle to ensure it gets into the public domain one way or another.

The fact remains that the SPFL board and the majority of fellow member clubs have been seen as being happy to dish out 'punishment' without recompense to three fellow members who did nothing wrong and were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What a horrible nasty little cabal they are.

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I think that was the fear of the SPFL getting handed executive powers to curtail next season if covid spikes again. I believe the clubs voted against granting them this power though.

I think one or two clubs at the lower end of the Premier League have been angling for this. 

8 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He should be hounded out of Scotland 

Why, the majority of the clubs and the club that runs Scotland love this guy!

queensferryjambo
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It is horrific Doncaster is so arrogant he can't even put out a diplomatic statement on this. 

It is also the tone the SPFL and SFA both have struck with us. 

We are at war with them both and will be for an extremely long time.

12 minutes ago, weehammy said:

So Budge has no responsibility for the fact that we were bottom after 30 games, having won only 4 times? She can’t be blamed for our unfair expulsion but she has a lot to answer for in other areas.

Lot of people forget that without her we wouldnt actually be here.. It doesnt excuse her from criticism but when were all smarting from a bit of bad news the first thing on here seems to be folk wanting to have a swipe at her?..  Some folk need to grow the **** up.. playing the blame game doesnt help.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This. 

Seems a lifetime away to get some retribution on the pitch and get some frustrations let loose. 😏

Yup. It will also be over 7 months (or 220 days) since our last game when we play our next league game.

2 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I wouldn't guess on a fans forum about something that is so important to the club and me. Hope that answers the question.

Glorious answer! If you didn't have already, expect a few followers on here from now on...:thumbs_up:

Governor Tarkin
32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m all for lashing out at everyone atm though. 

:jj:Good, good, let the jimmies rustle through you...

30 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d imagine the club are letting everyone have a blow out for a few hours then release a statement tea time-ish.  

Takes time to roll the required artillery into position.

30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Around 2hrs since the news broke and nothing from Hearts/Partick.

Weighing up the next move?

Weighing up the shells for the sixteen inch naval guns, hopefully.

Berra than you
Just now, Deevers said:

I think one or two clubs at the lower end of the Premier League have been angling for this. 

I don't blame them! Think the clubs voted against though so would go to another vote. And we would likely be shafted again if that was the case.

Leveins Battalion

There is so much that has gone wrong this season,an absoloute clusterf%$k

From our woefull signings,keeping Levein for far far too long.

To not having a manager between October and November!!

To the Covid crisis.

Think we could do with a break in the championship and cleanse this club from top to bottom!!

9 minutes ago, R08813 said:

I'm not sure what the basis of the arbitration committees decision was. If they were testing and applying the rules of the SFA then their decision makes sense. I dont know if they were testing the case on a Company Law/ Competition Law basis, if not then we could theoretically challenge at the CoS on those grounds.

That was the point I was making on an ealrier post. Unless it is made public what their guidelines were it is just speculation as to how they arrived at their decision.

12 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

No compensation either.

Can you point me to the bit where it says no compensation I have missed that bit?

Not a penny more from me to the SPFL/SFA.

Cancelled my Sky subscription,

will not attend Scottish Cup semis or finals,

will not attend League Cup semis or finals,

will not attend Scotland International matches,

until this corrupt, totalitarian regime is ended.

34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Next steps for us will be job losses I'd say 

We could potentially cease to exist 

Not unexpected. Hate the way Scottish football is run. SPFL and SFA needs to merge. Another thought can we not try and move to the diddy leagues in England?

Edited by Gorillajam

Malinga the Swinga

I read that Mr MacLennan wants to draw a line under this and that we should all come together and unite for the sake of Scottish football.

To Mr MacLennan, I respond by saying, 'I will never forget, nor forgive, what you and your board have done to Hearts, Partick and Stranraer. While I can only act in a small way against people like yourself and your employer, Mr Lawell, my denial of providing any funding to each and every club excepting those three named above, will not be for just a few weeks or even a season, it will be for my lifetime. If sufficient others also act in a similar way, then perhaps, just perhaps, I and they will see the death of some of these clubs before too long. I will also encourage my kids to bear this grudge and if I cannot get them to attend games involving Hearts at Tynecastle, then I will encourage them to take an interest in other sports or football in another country. 

Unfortunately, this extends to Scottish international football. I will no longer attend or watch my national teams participation in international football. You, Mr Doncaster, Mr Lawell, every member of your board and every CEO of their clubs have destroyed my interest in Scottish football, outwith Hearts.

Finally Mr MacLennan, you will never succeed in your ultimate aim of destroying Hearts. I and thousands of others will simply not allow you to do this and we will back our Foundation and club in a way that you and your cohorts cannot understand. I look forward to Hearts and Partick returning to the top flight where I can assure you that a warm welcome awaits.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup. It will also be over 7 months (or 220 days) since our last game when we play our next league game.

What's that got to do with anything.

queensferryjambo
Just now, Deso1972 said:

Lot of people forget that without her we wouldnt actually be here.. It doesnt excuse her from criticism but when were all smarting from a bit of bad news the first thing on here seems to be folk wanting to have a swipe at her?..  Some folk need to grow the **** up.. playing the blame game doesnt help.

Agreed.

Ann Budge is due criticism for sticking with Levein and leaving us in this position to be a soft target for the SPFL.

However she has done more good for the club and no matter what I am glad she had the courage to not roll over and take it from the SPFL and stand up and fight them.

Fans would have been angrier if she hadn't taken them on.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

There is so much that has gone wrong this season,an absoloute clusterf%$k

From our woefull signings,keeping Levein for far far too long.

To not having a manager between October and November!!

To the Covid crisis.

Think we could do with a break in the championship and cleanse this club from top to bottom!!

We’ve got 3 transfer windows to make ourselves a proper premier league club again. Hopefully the strike rate of good signings vs shite signings improves a bit

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )