SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

14 team league means less money for the current 12 team though hence why i can't see the majority voting for it. 

If you still have teams playing each other 3-4 times how so? Pus you'd be adding one more derby if Caley come up, which means bigger crowds for Ross County. Hearts getting relegated with D Utd coming up would lose clubs far more money.

And remember it trickles down with other teams getting promoted or not relegated down the leagues. 

If money's the main concern, finishing as is and just relegating Hearts wold be the least popular option I'd imagine. It doesn't;t add up in terms of sporting integrity either as Hamilton escape a play-off and Dundee, Ayr and Caley lose a chance of promotion, not to mention Hearts have played some rivals, eg St Mirren, more times away than at home, which is also fundamentally unfair.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m not sure any team is that popular in Scotland out with its own support. 

Rangers are quiet as they’ve woken up to the fact Celtic being declared winners means 10 in a row will always be tainted. Celtic will start to make noises to finish this season. 

The only fair solution for all is to erase this season from the football calendar. 

Are we less popular, I just imagine we are. Certainly took dogs abuse from all angles for a long while now, the other similar sized teams don't seem to get that grief, or am I being paranoid?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Are we less popular, I just imagine we are. Certainly took dogs abuse from all angles for a long while now, the other similar sized teams don't seem to get that grief, or am I being paranoid?

We're seen as a bit of a tall poppy, especially by the many Aberdeen fans in the media who see themselves as the main challengers to the OF. Plus we're big enough that people are interested in reading about us - good or bad - but not Old Firm big, meaning the media doesn't;t feel the need to "balance" their coverage of us with similarly negative coverage of Hibs - as they do wth Rangers and Celtic.

Edited by ToqueJambo

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re going to have to spell that out to me. Bear in mind the travelling support of Inverness and Dundee Utd v Hearts. 

The teams get prize money from the league.  The prize money will be less per team if we have more teams in the league.  Thats the main blocker for a change imo.  

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, RonnieG said:

The teams get prize money from the league.  The prize money will be less per team if we have more teams in the league.  Thats the main blocker for a change imo.  

Prize money is a whole other issue. They may not know what they'll have to give. Restarting cash flow, ie tickets, merch etc, will be the main priority of every club.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Prize money is a whole other issue. They may not know what they'll have to give. Restarting cash flow, ie tickets, merch etc, will be the main priority of every club.

Its the main reason why most clubs will not go for reconstruction. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Edinburgh derbies may count in for TV companies, but 4  Glasgow derbies maybe not going to be there with reconstruction, is another thought on that line

I was thinking more in the minds of those with votes, the spfl chairmen. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Its the main reason why most clubs will not go for reconstruction. 

In normal times maybe. League reconstruction would bring more money through tickets etc, which is what they'll urgently need. Relegating Hearts and replacing them with D Utd would cut that revenue significantly and makes the league less attractive to TV companies. There's also the question of what to do with the playoffs and last European position.

Voiding the league completely doesn't seem to be an option, so league reconstruction is the obvious solution - both for sporting integrity and financially for all clubs in the SPFL, not just the top league. I think people forget it's not just about the Premiership.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, RonnieG said:

A highland derby

The loss of 4 Edinburgh derbies (probably)

The loss of gate receipts from Hearts away support.

An extra club benefitting from old firm gate receipts after the split.

saving Inverness from administration.

What many here are not saying is that few people will be in the fortunate position to be able to buy their season ticket outright in the current climate. In this scenario, many will purchase on credit cards. Doing so will only benefit clubs when games are paid as in my understanding credit card companies release money game by game. So selling season tickets won’t actually bring in as much cash as some think.

45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is the key point no-one seems to be addressing. If you relegate and promote one team only you are effectively implementing league reconstruction and switching to a one-up, one-down model mid season with no vote. As Hamilton have someone on the SPFL board, I would have thought that's a massive conflict of interest.

If we get relegated fine, but they need to sort out the play-offs by draw, coin toss or whatever. Let's see Hamilton vote for that. Likewise you can't sort out the last European position until the Scottish Cup is done.

The first thing Ann should be asking if it's us down and Utd up is what is happening with the playoff position. 

Hamilton must be made to play off against the 2nd team in the Championship . 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The first thing Ann should be asking if it's us down and Utd up is what is happening with the playoff position. 

And before that happens Dundee and Ayr need to play for the right to play Caley to decide who plays Hamilton.

This thread began with “no chance we will be relegated “, meandered into the usual intellectually challenged windbags spouting about Coronavirus , and now recent posts are adamant we are being relegated.

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

How can we justify ignoring the 3rd and 4th teams in the Championship too who are entitled to a play off spot? This will be a big issue in England too if they just called the league.

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

This thread began with “no chance we will be relegated “, meandered into the usual intellectually challenged windbags spouting about Coronavirus , and now recent posts are adamant we are being relegated.

There’s no chance we’ll be relegated without another ball kicked. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

There’s no chance we’ll be relegated without another ball kicked. 

My thoughts as well , with the one caveat being I wouldn't rule out the clowns running the game up here and the majority of Chairmen up here giving it a good try . 

Just now, ramrod said:

My thoughts as well , with the one caveat being I wouldn't rule out the clowns running the game up here and the majority of Chairmen up here giving it a good try . 

I doubt they would tbh. You never know though, but I genuinely don’t see it. 

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What’s your take on it?

30 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

Surely if there’s 14 rather than 12 then the top league will get a bigger share of the pot. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surely if there’s 14 rather than 12 then the top league will get a bigger share of the pot. 

I thought the McLeish report suggests only 10 teams in the top two divisions. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Make it up as they go along.

Spl,, sfa folks  hate all things hearts weegie p....s      🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️ftsfa !!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Spl,, sfa folks  hate all things hearts weegie p....s      🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️ftsfa !!!!!!!

They accommodated the club enough with the fixture list last season when they didn’t have to.  They also allowed the club to play a couple of games at Murrayfield.  I don’t think there’s any hate or anything against Hearts from the SPL and SFA.  We’ve had a the rub of the green in fact over the years so let’s not jump the gun with paranoia. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

They accommodated the club enough with the fixture list last season when they didn’t have to.  They also allowed the club to play a couple of games at Murrayfield.  I don’t think there’s any hate or anything against Hearts from the SPL and SFA.  We’ve had a the rub of the green in fact over the years so let’s not jump the gun with paranoia. 

Absolute bollocks tbh. The player the game at murrayfield so 105,000 people weren’t in Glasgow on the same day, and let’s not get started on blatant refereeing bias..

nothing justifies relegation with 8 games to go, nothing. Anyone who rolls over and accepts it is an arsehole.

eyesandears
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Well said. Some of the lazy comment on here about the SPFL and SFA is painful. We are a member of both organisations. Ann was on the Board of the SPFL but only lasted a year as she didn't add any value in any of the other Premiership clubs eyes. I'm not supporting that view or otherwise because I am sure she is lobbying hard behind the scenes to protect our interests all be it from outside the tent. There is a huge amount at stake if we go down through legitimate reasons or through some potentially artificial conclusion to the season.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Don’t forget your contributions. Both meandering and adamant. 👍

3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Well said. Some of the lazy comment on here about the SPFL and SFA is painful. We are a member of both organisations. Ann was on the Board of the SPFL but only lasted a year as she didn't add any value in any of the other Premiership clubs eyes. I'm not supporting that view or otherwise because I am sure she is lobbying hard behind the scenes to protect our interests all be it from outside the tent. There is a huge amount at stake if we go down through legitimate reasons or through some potentially artificial conclusion to the season.

No she wanted change and they are too inbred. 

eyesandears
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

No she wanted change and they are too inbred. 

What changes did she propose?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Absolute bollocks tbh. The player the game at murrayfield so 105,000 people weren’t in Glasgow on the same day, and let’s not get started on blatant refereeing bias..

nothing justifies relegation with 8 games to go, nothing. Anyone who rolls over and accepts it is an arsehole.

He's talking about the four league games we played there. Although that might have been the season before, I can't even remember!

Edited by Stupid Sexy Flanders

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Im talking about Murrayfield during the league season, then getting another game at Murrayfield when Tynie wasn’t ready, avoiding punishment calling the game off day before the Partick game having had loads of away matches to begin with at request.

Second part I completely agree with and not sure what it’s got to do with my post.  I was just pointing there’s no hate or agenda against the club from SFA or SPL. 

24 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

You know all the inner workings to say Ann didn't add any value?

I don't know what happened. I can't say for certain they didn't like being challenged or someone not in the usual mould. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, if it comes to a top team league vote re calling it as it is then I’d imagine both us and Hamilton will scupper the 11-1 requirement to let it pass. Hibs would also want to avoid giving up on their remaining chance of Euro football next season. 

I don’t think Rangers would vote for it either to be honest, their fans would be revolting, even more than normal.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Im talking about Murrayfield during the league season, then getting another game at Murrayfield when Tynie wasn’t ready, avoiding punishment calling the game off day before the Partick game having had loads of away matches to begin with at request.

Second part I completely agree with and not sure what it’s got to do with my post.  I was just pointing there’s no hate or agenda against the club from SFA or SPL. 

We didn’t call the game off against Partick it was played was it not 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔? You had me doubting myself there, we got a safety certificate the morning of the game, Partick put out a statement.

Edited by Pasquale for King

eyesandears
25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You know all the inner workings to say Ann didn't add any value?

I don't know what happened. I can't say for certain they didn't like being challenged or someone not in the usual mould. 

Or a token female to meet quotas for a year?

Hectormasson
42 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Just the fact that they bend regular for the weegie big 2,  and have no time for any other clubs, history tells us this .....

14 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Just the fact that they bend regular for the weegie big 2,  and have no time for any other clubs, history tells us this .....

yeah that’s all true tbf 👍

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We didn’t call the game off against Partick it was played was it not 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔? You had me doubting myself there, we got a safety certificate the morning of the game, Partick put out a statement.

Yeah, you’re spot on.  I remember loads of shit about it mind you.  Was on holiday at the time (ironically remembering that the day this years has been cancelled 🤬) 👍 we got a lot a leeway though is the point, there’s definitely no vendetta against the club at board level.  

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

What’s your take on it?

If the authorities decide the season is over Now, then by rights we would have won the leagues in 1966 and 1986. The main problem for Hearts is that the governing body is made up of a bunch of old farts and desk jockeys who are more interested in their own wee world. For them clubs like Forfar and Peterhead are just as important as Hearts. So don’t expect any favours from them.

‘We didn’t get punished for postponing the Partick game’

’We didn’t postpone the Partick game’

’Oh yeah, you’re right, we didn’t postpone the Partick game but we got a lot of leeway, that’s my point’

:wtf:

Back to the Shed I go. The level of ‘debate’ seems to be of a somewhat higher quality there.

Edited by The Roller

Geoff Kilpatrick

Surprising how many would bend over and touch their toes on this thread. There is no rhyme nor reason to relegate HMFC and any attempt should be fought tooth and nail.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yeah, you’re spot on.  I remember loads of shit about it mind you.  Was on holiday at the time (ironically remembering that the day this years has been cancelled 🤬) 👍 we got a lot a leeway though is the point, there’s definitely no vendetta against the club at board level.  

Yeah we did.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Surprising how many would bend over and touch their toes on this thread. There is no rhyme nor reason to relegate HMFC and any attempt should be fought tooth and nail.

Absolutely. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Probably people just reflecting the fact that we are wank and we’re probably going down

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Probably people just reflecting the fact that we are wank and we’re probably going down

That would be a ****ing stupid stance to take. Like a really petulant and self-destructive tantrum. :rofl: 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Cool.

37 minutes ago, The Roller said:

‘We didn’t get punished for postponing the Partick game’

’We didn’t postpone the Partick game’

’Oh yeah, you’re right, we didn’t postpone the Partick game but we got a lot of leeway, that’s my point’

:wtf:

Back to the Shed I go. The level of ‘debate’ seems to be of a somewhat higher quality there.

calm yourself down eh.  We got away with an extremely late decision to play the game when Partick already complained.  Away you pop then.  If there was any hate from the league they would have punished the club or called the game off meaning even more fixture congestion. 

Edited by Last Laff

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )