SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ok, it is 1.30pm BST. Where are our lawyers and what are they doing? Get the papers served NOW!

Common sense would tell you to get confirmation of the result which was only released in the media less then an hour ago..please note under an hour ago..it would also tell you to wait for the confirmation and statement from the SPFL then release your club statement.

It will not matter a jot except in the emotional minds on here whether it is today or tomorrow the documents are filed

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I said over weekend spfl weren't going to use executive powers if you have a look back 

You also suggested that we would be challenging the relegation? Do you think we will or are we just looking for compensation now? 

David Black

There should be a statement this afternoon from AB saying we are lodging legal docs, no later than tomorrow. This statement should have been prepared in advance of this indicative vote as the outcome was fairly well known. There can be no excuse for delaying this now and it should be stated in the statement that we, as a club. have gone along with every single move by Doncaster, which is now clearly time wasting tactics . There is nothing else that can be done, even Doncaster said that. Personally I am not disappointed by this vote as I have wanted this to go to court for a very long time, that way no one can hide as all the underhand goings on will now be exposed under oath. On a separate note, has the EEN ever actually had an article speaking up on our behalf. 

Edited by David Black
remove

Now that all other avenues are closed, we are left with no choice but to proceed with a legal challenge. The club has tried throughout these last few months to avoid this course of action but we must now do the right thing by our supporters, our employees, our players and our sponsors, all of whom have been unwavering in their commitment and support.  We can hold our heads up high as we have acted at all times with integrity, common sense and with the best interests of Scottish football at heart.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, colinzeal said:

You also suggested that we would be challenging the relegation? Do you think we will or are we just looking for compensation now? 

I'm 100% certain there will be legal action 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

804450A1-2763-46FB-88E2-AF27E2225806.jpeg

Thank ****

Let's hope its worth waiting for. 

Midloth_Iain

The SPFL Board has today announced that any reconstruction proposals for season 2020/21 will not proceed to a vote due to a lack of support from other member clubs.

To say we are disappointed, yet sadly not surprised, at this outcome is, of course, an understatement. We have, from the outset, worked tirelessly with fellow clubs and the SPFL Board to try to find a solution that would right the most obvious wrongs that have been caused in Scottish football by decisions taken as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Hearts, along with many others, have stated repeatedly that no club should be disproportionately disadvantaged because of this crisis. This was the final opportunity for kinship to prevail and for Scottish football to stand together in an emergency. It is an unfortunate condemnation of Scottish football that this was not possible.

We thank those who were open minded, pragmatic and willing to come together to try and reach a fair outcome for all. Sadly, there were too few of us.

Now that all other avenues are closed, we are left with no choice but to proceed with a legal challenge. The club has tried throughout these last few months to avoid this course of action but we must now do the right thing by our supporters, our employees, our players and our sponsors, all of whom have been unwavering in their commitment and support.  We can hold our heads up high as we have acted at all times with integrity, common sense and with the best interests of Scottish football at heart.

We have stated from the beginning that the unjust and unfair treatment of Hearts, Partick Thistle, Stranraer and indeed other clubs cannot be allowed to go unchallenged.  While many weeks have been wasted in trying to find a solution, we must now formally challenge this outcome.

The club can confirm that the necessary steps have been taken to begin this legal challenge.  Given that this is now an active legal matter, the club will be offering no further comment at this time.

To our amazing fans we say that we cannot, and will not, sit idly by and watch the decisions made in the past few months further damage Heart of Midlothian Football Club. Thank you for fighting for us, now allow us to do the same for you.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Common sense would tell you to get confirmation of the result which was only released in the media less then an hour ago..please note under an hour ago..it would also tell you to wait for the confirmation and statement from the SPFL then release your club statement.

It will not matter a jot except in the emotional minds on here whether it is today or tomorrow the documents are filed

Go and condescend elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Check my posts over weekend a posted exactly that 

Sorry must be getting you mixed up with others re Optimism

bigsuperslim1874
8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yes 

I don’t get why we won’t go for the throats legally to get relegation deemed illegal and just settle for suing for lost money?? PTCBAL said the same. Why are we not attempting getting the reconstruction deemed illegal???

Big Slim Stylee
5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ok, it is 1.30pm BST. Where are our lawyers and what are they doing? Get the papers served NOW!

Yes, yes and yes. Although maybe JA is in the background going “Don’t press the nuclear button. Financially you’re secure so think about the bigger picture.”

Personally? **** that. Sue the *****.

8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

we don't know that yet do we?

Yes we do.  There was simply never going to be enough votes to change anything.  It wasn’t even relatively close man. 

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can someone please explain why we are not going for reinstatement?

It makes no legal sense whatsoever 

Arguably we need to argue it to make a case for compensation - as if the vote to expel us was not unlawful we would just be due the normal parachute payment.

Nobody knows what we will or will not be going for. Best to hang fire until Hearts make a statement. 

Perhaps the strangest part of all this sorry business, is Dundee's changed vote, what exactly have they gained from doing that?

League reconstruction was always a bit of a long shot, the decision that should quite rightly have been challenged was the one taken back in April, to give the SPFL board executive power to end the season early. It is pretty obvious that we could have played the 19/20 season to a conclusion, even if it was behind closed doors.

Aussie Jambo

TanGlitteringCrab-size_restricted.gifHow they dare come at us thinking we’ll take it? Like **** we will. Get into this shower of shite SPFL ****s!

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, kila said:

Unbelievable.

I do not care how many clubs go bust. **** the lot of them (other than the 16).

Let's go for the full whack.

And **** the cup semi. No chance at all.

**** the 16 (apart from us and a few others) don't forget of that 16 most of  those ***** voted to end the league to stiff us, Partick and Stranraer so they could benefit. 

ming the merciless
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Arguing with a Tim about this and he/it is claiming the season can be ended after 75% of games are played if agreed by the board. I'm checking the rules but cant see this. Is this right or are they just adding shite to justify their dodgy title?

Ask him if he's got the new Celtic watch yet. The one that stops just before 9.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yes we have. You’re talking utter shite. Doncaster wanted to delay things and would have been in contact with member clubs. Things have been delayed so we’ve been played. You denying the obvious in an aggressive way doesn’t change that. 

You think that is aggressive ?..god what a joke if you think that..grow up.

Remember this

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ann-budge-i-will-take-legal-action-if-hearts-are-relegated-itd-be-restriction-trade-2868046

Hearts chief Ann Budge has warned that she will have no option but to follow through on her threat of legal action if the Tynecastle club is left languishing in the Championship when the new season finally kicks off.

That would throw Scottish football into even greater turmoil and could derail the resumption of competitive action, but the retired businesswoman insists she would make a stand if something is not done to mitigate a decision she maintains is “unfair” and “wrong”.

7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

27 games......how can this make us competitive when trying to attract players ?

We have been shafted to a level I didn’t think was possible.

This is the most preposterous thing of all in the whole debacle. I think Hearts could run away with the Championship title next season if all things were equal. But keeping Stendel and being able to afford the wages of a squad he'd choose to put together will be nearly impossible with only 27 matches most of which will be in empty grounds. Of course Ann Budge might be able to squeeze £1 million or so compensation out of The SPL which would improve the situation. 

Decent statement. Happy we are taking legal action. Hopefully it’s for reinstatement but if not I’ll assume it’s because legal advice was against it and support the club. 

Love how the URL of the statement is  in part 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8.

If it had been 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-BOOM, it would have been perfect.

19 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We ahve nothing to lose now we must go to court. We the fans will once again pay for it.

I want those ****ing ***** dead

I never thought I would  say this but  we should rejoice in the death of every single one of those 26 clubs and do everything in our power to bring it about!

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm 100% certain there will be legal action 

Cheers. As long as it is to challenge the unfair demotion and not just for compensation then I am happy.

This isn’t playing out the same way anywhere else in Europe! 

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Perhaps the strangest part of all this sorry business, is Dundee's changed vote, what exactly have they gained from doing that?

Time will tell on that.

ToadKiller Dog

Proud of our club , we must stick together now .

The incoming media  flack will be beyond what we have faced so far. 

Let's get the spfl books open 

The Mighty Thor

Good statement and now its time to get some arses collapsing. 

This is going to hurt some clubs a lot. 

:smugger:

Just now, willie wallace said:

That it is a lot of clubs who don't seem to be bothered about a court case.

I wonder what kind of assurances they have been given.

Fully expect if Budge pushes the nuclear button the TV / radio / paper media and every tin pot chairman will be given full reign to spout off about the injustices created by Hearts, that Hearts will destroy communities etc. Completely forgetting that they same chairmen caused this situation.

Hate to say it by I think reconstruction is now dead. Doncaster and the rest of them had a quick look at Belgium and France and have now shut their eyes, put their fingers in their ears and are now shouting blah, blah, blah to ignore the noise.

This is now about screwing the SPFL for every single penny possible.

Has it been mentioned what the uptakes been for Mr Anderson's money?

Clyde asking fans for money today, what does the Doncaster and the SPFL do if Inverness, Partick, Falkirk or Stranraer or someone else go out of business in the next couple of months..

Ann Budge needs to get a statement out asap to at least tell us Hearts fans what she is doing next. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )