SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

I can't believe that Ann hasn't issued a statement yet. I thought she would have had one prepared for either outcome and released it with in minutes of the news breaking.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I wonder if our indicative vote was accompanied by court papers.

That would give the SPFL meeting a little more to discuss and report rather than just announce the vote result which you will recall last time was 10 mins before the deadline

Something else going on here..../

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nothing to add at this stage but a did say vote would fail and I did say Doncaster and co wouldn't take an executive decision 

Stop making things up. 

It's tedious and no one is in the mood for it. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Werner Herzog

Court it is then.

Really depressing news that only 16 clubs were in favour of righting a wrong. In SPFL terms, 16 clubs have my backing (ticket sales, donations etc), the other 26 can go to hell. 

Just now, flem said:

I think this is a distinct possibility. 

I've got that fear in the back of my mind, but her position is untenable if that becomes the case. The fans are absolutely united in wanting this to go further, it would be seriously embarrassing for her to try and backtrack now. 

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just waiting for the Budge statement to note how unfair this all is before deciding that it is in the best interests of everyone if we just move on now.

She better shut the door on the way out then.

hibsarepants
Just now, jr ewing said:

Collectively a much stronger case can be made. 

Yes , I am suspecting a joint action with Hearts leading its quite a compelling case - DO NO HARM - well you just did you clowns.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Like I said, not enough time.  Unless you really believe that AB will actually apply for an interdict to delay the league and that a court will grant it. She won’t, it will be compensation only. 

Everything will be ready to go. 

3 minutes ago, hibsarepants said:

If there is a delay in an announcement re legals , it might be because all the aggrieved parties are collating their agreed actions. I strongly suspect Partick & Falkirk will wish to join any action - the other clubs have in effect locked them out of football till next year at best. 

From experience , the problem will legal actions is that no one believes you until you actually go to court.

It's a pain but a necessary one :) I will say Falkirk and Partick have a right to get involved.

The Mercer Takeover

Budge has to be really careful here.

Hearts have been well and truly shafted and as the 3rd biggest club in the country, this is not acceptable.

The problem now is, if she just rolls over and accepts this, going for compensation, she will alienate what looks the the vast majority of supporters. Many of whom have not actually forgiven her, for us being in this place in the first place.

We now have to go down the legal route to screw then all and for reconstruction. If she doesn't, in my opinion, she should leave this club immediately.....

The second the vote came through as a no a statement should have come out of Tynecastle about court case not silence 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

While those cases help our arguement they are in no way the same due to scottish teams voting for it rather than having it imposed by the league

The Belgian teams voted for it.

Edit: Not sure if it’s relevant anyway - one of our main arguments will be that it’s a restriction of trade. Doesn’t really matter who made the decision. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

brunoatemyhamster
9 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Court action could be throwing good money after bad. Much better to tie Daniel Stendel down, allow him to prepare a squad for The Championship and run away with the title next season.

With what? 

The money from the Championships lucrative new TV deal? 

Bumpers crowds? 

The parachute payment? 

Ex member of the SaS

Just got in to read the news. Have been saying for a long time now we have been getting strung along and delay after delay makes it harder to go to court. Why have we not got a statement saying court action has started? The SPFL statement says they will start to arrange a fixture list. Once this is down we will find it hard to get it reversed. We need to serve the papers BEFORE they gerrymander a fixture list that they will have started if not  already drawn up. We cannot wait a minute longer. I am seriously disappointed that Ann has not already got things moving. The SPFL ,Doncaster etal have been pulling our chain long enough.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

You(source) surely didn't know it was going to fail by that many?

Doncaster's played Hearts here.

Total rubbish..drama queen alert

1 minute ago, belly said:

I can't believe that Ann hasn't issued a statement yet. I thought she would have had one prepared for either outcome and released it with in minutes of the news breaking.

I would be happy if we went silent now and the first noise was papers being served. Better to say nothing in this situation. 

8 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Honestly why this determination to think the owner has been 'done over' ?..done over by Doncaster !!!

A woman who has made and ran a business over £40 million or so in value and you and others seem to think she has been strung along

Try using your brains (and others too) and think..just because you don't like it the process of going through a procedure it had to be followed just in case we reached this point.

Only someone who just reacts emotionally rather than logically would not understand this

We are now at the end of the last stage and so we move on to the final stage of legal action

We all know there has been advice to our club and other clubs... there will have been legal advice to the SPFL as well....now it will boil down to just how good the advice has been and under what basis any action is to taken under.

Some will prob blame her if we lose the action even though she can only use the law as it is written and interpreted (oh and she will not be the one putting the arguments to the court)...We all know that is nothing to do with the case but just another way for those who amazingly seem to have her being to blame for all of this.

Care to explain why Doncaster had said there is sufficient support for this latest debacle when only 16 teams voted for it?

Bottom line is he duped Anne into believing that was the case because of her goody goody nature.

Duped by Levein( Hearts lose)

Duped by her Brother ( Hearts lose)

Duped by Doncaster it all depends on what happens next if Hearts lose or not.

I also think the ITK guys were following Anne who was being duped. They need to be hounding their informants to get Budge to start proceedings.

It looks like it will only be for compensation though were it could have been restructure if we had went to court first.

Boyces beard

Guys lets not get on the backs of the guys who most likely believed they where passing on information in good faith. It might not have turned out to be correct but i don't for a minute believe they where trying to deceive us. This injustice has brought us back together as a fan base and we will all be hurting right now...... So we go to court and regardless of how things pan out we look after Hearts and only Hearts from now on. We boycott away grounds and fill Tynecastle (when we are allowed to do so), we make coming to Tynecastle as unpleasant as possible for away fans as well as their players and coaching staff. Hopefully we are granted a large compensation fee which results in teams struggling financially. This will be down to said teams voting out of self interest rather than voting for what was the right thing to do during a global pandemic.

To throw three clubs under the bus during these unprecedented times is immoral and absolutely disgusting behaviour from the SPFL

HHGH

FTH

Only 16 in favour? I'm done with Scottish football. It can go and fling ***** at itself. Corrupt, self-serving arseholes.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Shock.

That you’ve decided to post at this point in time? - absolutely not.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I wonder if our indicative vote was accompanied by court papers.

That would give the SPFL meeting a little more to discuss and report rather than just announce the vote result which you will recall last time was 10 mins before the deadline

Something else going on here..../

They’ve released a statement confirming it’s all over completely.  They got abuse for that before, they also had to conclude the 27 game season sham we will now be a part of.

No doubt there will be a couple of posters later declaring this is all but over and Doncaster is on borrowed time (thought resignation would be today with so much pressure from loads of clubs who wanted this to happen, not 16 clubs for **** sake) and he will be taken down with the rest of Scottish football now when in reality nobody knows and it’s all utter bullshit. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I was expecting 10-2 in premiership but wasn't as sure about lower leagues 

Would not even fancy us to come straight back up with Budge running the show. Her 5 year plan has destroyed us. I called this 4 years ago. Shame on all you who have her poster on your wall. 

fabienleclerq
Just now, gashauskis9 said:

That you’ve decided to post at this point in time? - absolutely not.

Exactly my thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

If this was a poker hand then we would now be facing a situation where a bet of at the most £500k could stand a decent chance of winning up to £8m in the pot. And even better you actually know what your opponent's hand is! It is the definition of a no brainer, the value bet of value bets.

100% this. 

For me this isn't just about our current situation, its a chance to finally drag these shysters into court and utterly humiliate them for their bias to certain clubs and how they've created a hand to mouth existence for every club in Scotland bar two. Obviously, this wouldn't be relevant to our case but nailing them to the ****ing floor would be fantastic justice for the way they've 'led' Scottish football for the last 20+ years. 

Montgomery Brewster
1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

Guys lets not get on the backs of the guys who most likely believed they where passing on information in good faith. It might not have turned out to be correct but i don't for a minute believe they where trying to deceive us. This injustice has brought us back together as a fan base and we will all be hurting right now...... So we go to court and regardless of how things pan out we look after Hearts and only Hearts from now on. We boycott away grounds and fill Tynecastle (when we are allowed to do so), we make coming to Tynecastle as unpleasant as possible for away fans as well as their players and coaching staff. Hopefully we are granted a large compensation fee which results in teams struggling financially. This will be down to said teams voting out of self interest rather than voting for what was the right thing to do during a global pandemic.

To throw three clubs under the bus during these unprecedented times is immoral and absolutely disgusting behaviour from the SPFL

HHGH

FTH

Well said 👏🏻

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Just got in to read the news. Have been saying for a long time now we have been getting strung along and delay after delay makes it harder to go to court. Why have we not got a statement saying court action has started? The SPFL statement says they will start to arrange a fixture list. Once this is down we will find it hard to get it reversed. We need to serve the papers BEFORE they gerrymander a fixture list that they will have started if not  already drawn up. We cannot wait a minute longer. I am seriously disappointed that Ann has not already got things moving. The SPFL ,Doncaster etal have been pulling our chain long enough.

why does it make it harder ?..answer it doesn't except in the drama queens minds..I do hope though you are not our legal minds working on the case as not knowing the law would be a bit of an issue.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

To use the words of a Championship Chairman it would appear 26 of the 42 clubs have decided to walk past their distressed colleague, do nothing, and give them a sly kick on the way past.

In addition, 26 of 42 clubs have taken a conscious decision to do harm to Partick Thistle.

Lastly, 26 of 42 clubs who will potentially be taking money from an individual who gave to help clubs in their hour of need.

Football, the beautiful game, except in Scotland.

Quite. There are times when I despair, and this is sadly no more than a reflection of the society we live in. Scum will be scum, they are always right and are aggressive in going for what they want. Reason does not come into it. If any of the 26 clubs who voted against this would like to justify their position in the context of the unnamed Championship Chairman's comments and the Partick statement I would be very interested in listening. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Everything will be ready to go. 

Could be months until a court decision. We don’t have months. 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Only 16 in favour? I'm done with Scottish football. It can go and fling ***** at itself. Corrupt, self-serving arseholes.

You’re only so raging because you’ve been given a false sense of hope by chancers on here like many of us.  

I'm hoping Ann was just letting the process go to it's natural end before bringing out the big stick

Let's have these ****ers in court now.

If she doesn't she's finished IMO. 

Anne thinks she knows best, she doesn’t and this proves it. 
Legal action should have commenced at the very point we were expelled/relegated instead we were given a false promise and swallowed it hook line and sinker ... anyone remember the promise that Craig was going to turn things around. 
And then to add to this, we’ve given up our previously anonymous benefactor. Grants to help clubs and social, aye I’d trust the chairman to do the right thing here. 
Hearts currently live in a different world to the real one, naive soft and clueless 

Gorgie_Rules

Season ticket will be purchased soon as we announce the court action.

If Budge fails to take this to court she can be added to the list of shysters that need to leave Scottish football

loveofthegame
8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just waiting for the Budge statement to note how unfair this all is before deciding that it is in the best interests of everyone if we just move on now.

IF this happens, I'm out while she remains in charge. FOH money pulled and ST won't be renewed (been holding off). I feel that strongly about it.

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Posted other day that Mrs Budge had suspected Doncaster was playing her 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Would not even fancy us to come straight back up with Budge running the show. Her 5 year plan has destroyed us. I called this 4 years ago. Shame on all you who have her poster on your wall. 

I’d like a picture of you so I can cover up Ann’s poster. 

11 minutes ago, Phage said:

Court Now!

James Anderson pull your financial support.

Boycott all except our allies.

Do it now Budge. Your losing the support but pulling the legal action trigger and fighting this tooth and nail goes someway to restoring your Queen title.

We have little to no allies anymore.....

AB has clearly stated that while she wouldn't have led reconstruction she would have supported a no detrimental solution.

When she was on the SPFL board she said that too many members and clubs vote for self interest instead of looking at the wider picture.  She got voted off tout de suite.

2 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

HHGH

FTH

Well said.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Doncaster resigning yet?  I thought the money given to the clubs below was making them think twice about their vote too?  All pure and utter guesswork.  It’s a sad day, made worse by posters guessing.  

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Could be months until a court decision. We don’t have months. 

Could be days. Who knows?

7 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Let's not forget the risk in the Championship too though.  How many teams can genuinely start in October? Support stringent testing methods?  We've been thrown to the dogs but our fellow members,   unforgivable. 

And the possibility of no promotion.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Gone from "sufficient support" not a week ago to proceed with a vote, to a majority saying get ****ed?

Either he's lied. Or the other chairman have lied to him, went behind his back and collectively agreed to vote against.

I dont think there's a thing in that league he's unaware of.

Of course he’s played us. He was stalling for time and he’s gained time. 16 clubs says it all. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It was clearly nowhere near 10-2. Stop making things up. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )