SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

The Internet

No league football til October :lol:

There's tinpot shite and then there's Scottish football. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The sufficient support comment wasn't ITK... That was from the SPFL Board themselves!!

I'm sure I recall talk of 2 clubs against, executive powers, champagne etc. 

Doesn't matter now anyway. 

Gilberts Fridge

Don't write off Saughton Jambo's posts. He has said all along the vote may fail.

I agree that the SFA have been stringing us along however this is a difference between the Scottish and the Belgian / French leagues who did not indicate that there may be reconstruction.

Our legal case has been strengthened by this because it now appears that there was no justification for the vote and as such the SPFL officers have not been carrying out their responsibilities. Remember four or five of that board are club chairman and should have indicated at the very least how they felt. 

The SPFL have also made a huge defensive error by publishing a statement to all clubs that the three relegated clubs were unfairly treated.

This is going to get a whole lot messier and if you think most of Scottish football hates us now, wait until we go to court 

Court Now!

James Anderson pull your financial support.

Boycott all except our allies.

Do it now Budge. Your losing the support but pulling the legal action trigger and fighting this tooth and nail goes someway to restoring your Queen title.

Just now, David McCaig said:

That's not what I was saying.

I was saying forcing reconstruction didn't impact on 11-1 in anyway.  The 11-1 is primarily there to stop clubs trying to introduce proposals such as a return to shared gate receipts.

Yes, I know it’s primarily there, sorry.   But ultimately it’s in place to stop any vote that the old firm don’t agree with.  If the spfl make an executive decision on this when prize money will be altered then they would have no alternative to do so if an EGM is then called to change the voting structure and it’s 10-2 for it.  The spfl haven’t the guts to go against anything that will effect Celtic and Rangers long term.  Celtic would rather we go to court and get a few £m than change their structure.  

Just now, joondalupjambo said:

Patrick and Stranraer as well completely played.  We need to now fight rough via the courts.  However I suspect Doncaster will have another trick up his sleeve to delay us again, he just needs to get to releasing the fixture list I think and he might believe that the SPFL are in the clear.  We cannot fall for anything now, up and at them Ann.

Stendels agent already outed that Ann privately thinks Doncaster has been using delaying tactics.

Nothing the SPFL does or has said has been in good faith. Legal action must begin ASAP. Interdict must be sought as they will likely try and push this case back as far as possible. Force them into court ASAP and get this shambles fixed.

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

Court action could be throwing good money after bad. Much better to tie Daniel Stendel down, allow him to prepare a squad for The Championship and run away with the title next season.

We’d lose more accepting the decision than chasing ‘bad’

What an absolute shambles Scottish football is, this proves what a bunch of small time,small minded,petty,greedy,unprofessional bunch of leeches out game is riddled with...but...we all knew that when presented with a chance to do the right thing,clubs will only care about their own bottom line.

This is what happens when the whole league set up is about 1 thing only and that is how to get on board the gravy train...or at least get some of the scraps left

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The Premiership will already have kicked off by then.

Court action may stop that. Personally think she should have begun court action the day the resolution passed instead of allowing the SPFL to make a case for themselves with their reconstruction nonsense. Then perhaps we'd be a lot closer to playing football in the SPFL next season or, a very well off Championship Club. 🤷

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Don’t want to sound horrid but **** Partick and Stranraer, I only care about us now. We’ve done the “help everyone” game, time to wise up and focus purely on us. 

Having allies is never a bad thing. It will also strengthen our case (IMO) as there will be a united front to the clubs who have been wronged. 

1 minute ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I'm sure I recall talk of 2 clubs against, executive powers, champagne etc. 

Doesn't matter now anyway. 

To be fair,  think you're getting your posters confused.    Anyhow, onwards to the legal phase if this nonsense. 

1 minute ago, Hood09 said:

Get an interdict raised now before fixtures are out.  Ring fence the money

An interdict isn't required to ring fence any money if we lodge papers, as the SPFL articles of association we and the other clubs signed up to have rules around pending claims. 

I don't think we'll get an interdict, and due to lockdown I also don't think there was any prospect of legal proceedings being completed before a new season start, even if we'd went that route right away. 

Reconstruction was, and still is, the only way we'll be able to play top flight football. 

Now we go nuclear while the SPFL top flight try to play on. I'll be interested to see how some of the smaller top flight clubs manage that without the full first cash payment they're expecting in August. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Stendels agent already outed that Ann privately thinks Doncaster has been using delaying tactics.

Nothing the SPFL does or has said has been in good faith. Legal action must begin ASAP. Interdict must be sought as they will likely try and push this case back as far as possible. Force them into court ASAP and get this shambles fixed.

The shambles won’t be fixed.  We’re down bar a miracle but I agree with the rest. 

To use the words of a Championship Chairman it would appear 26 of the 42 clubs have decided to walk past their distressed colleague, do nothing, and give them a sly kick on the way past.

In addition, 26 of 42 clubs have taken a conscious decision to do harm to Partick Thistle.

Lastly, 26 of 42 clubs who will potentially be taking money from an individual who gave to help clubs in their hour of need.

Football, the beautiful game, except in Scotland.

16 out of 42 :rofl:

****ing hell. For 30 clubs nothing discernible was changing :facepalm:

Us, ICT, Falkirk, Partick, Stranraer and Edinburgh City was 6 guaranteed votes. Only ten out of the other 36 sought to do the right thing.

ITK crowd have known nothing the whole time. Genuine nonsense.

Must. Go. Legal. NOW.

Edited by The Merse

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

No league football til October :lol:

There's tinpot shite and then there's Scottish football. 

Partick Thistle no football full stop!!

A full time club in a non functioning part time league.

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

What an absolute shambles Scottish football is, this proves what a bunch of small time,small minded,petty,greedy,unprofessional bunch of leeches out game is riddled with...but...we all knew that when presented with a chance to do the right thing,clubs will only care about their own bottom line.

This is what happens when the whole league set up is about 1 thing only and that is how to get on board the gravy train...or at least get some of the scraps left

You seem surprised mate? 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Having allies is never a bad thing. It will also strengthen our case (IMO) as there will be a united front to the clubs who have been wronged. 

Having allies is totally fine. Having a joint statement and joint legal case is the wrong road for us tho, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The sufficient support comment wasn't ITK... That was from the SPFL Board themselves!!

However it may work in our favour..in court when asked why did you state this when the indicative vote showed there was serious opposition ?

joondalupjambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Do you think in some sort of perverse way Doncaster wants court action so he can push it through?

ToadKiller Dog

I trust the club and our legal team on how we have handled this ,we have given and taken part in every way to try to come to an agreement for change so nobody suffers more than most .

But the self interest from many has blocked us at every path.

We have done so with dignity way above other clubs .

The next step is court and full teeth and claws sharpened for the court room.

NaturalOrder74

Basically no further forward after another month of pissing about, we’ve absolutely explored every avenue now, surely we’ll get some good news today, I hope we go full nuclear on the lot of them, media already paint us as a bad guy anyway 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, blairdin said:

An interdict isn't required to ring fence any money if we lodge papers, as the SPFL articles of association we and the other clubs signed up to have rules around pending claims. 

I don't think we'll get an interdict, and due to lockdown I also don't think there was any prospect of legal proceedings being completed before a new season start, even if we'd went that route right away. 

Reconstruction was, and still is, the only way we'll be able to play top flight football. 

Now we go nuclear while the SPFL top flight try to play on. I'll be interested to see how some of the smaller top flight clubs manage that without the full first cash payment they're expecting in August. 

The SPFL articles says liabilities have to be settled before moneys paid to clubs, but I don't remember them saying anything about potential liabilities 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Feel sorry for falkirk as well. How the prick at raith can sleep at night is beyond me. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It won’t really matter anymore.  It will show a cluster**** of a season.  Second series - court action, will be a lot better. 

I see it as a Christmas special - although which Christmas is debatable....

hibsarepants

If there is a delay in an announcement re legals , it might be because all the aggrieved parties are collating their agreed actions. I strongly suspect Partick & Falkirk will wish to join any action - the other clubs have in effect locked them out of football till next year at best. 

From experience , the problem will legal actions is that no one believes you until you actually go to court.

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

To be fair,  think you're getting your posters confused.    Anyhow, onwards to the legal phase if this nonsense. 

Nah wasn't getting at him personally, just all the recent chat on here. But yes, onwards and hopefully upwards. 

Just waiting for the Budge statement to note how unfair this all is before deciding that it is in the best interests of everyone if we just move on now.

1 minute ago, The Merse said:

16 out of 42 :rofl:

****ing hell. For 30 clubs nothing discernible was changing :facepalm:

ITK crowd have known nothing the whole time. Genuine nonsense.

Must. Go. Legal. NOW.

But it was all changing over the weekend and for what was being heard last week?

The media started shitting themselves and didn’t want to print it because great news was coming our way.

What a load of utter shite.  And this was a lot more important than being itk about a Macedonian international signing. 

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It’s going to be a complete disaster.  

This should never have happened.. we have become a fringe show a disaster movie and the Hibbys will piss their pants when they watch this, I don’t think many Hearts fans will want to rerun the Levein/Budge era. 
Possibly one of the biggest errors in a long list by Anne.. 
The latest fiasco is yet another example of our charitable status on and off the pitch and how soft and out of touch we have become.

1 minute ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

I see it as a Christmas special - although which Christmas is debatable....

:lol: 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

Just waiting for the Budge statement to note how unfair this all is before deciding that it is in the best interests of everyone if we just move on now.

I think this is a distinct possibility. 

Just now, hibsarepants said:

If there is a delay in an announcement re legals , it might be because all the aggrieved parties are collating their agreed actions. I strongly suspect Partick & Falkirk will wish to join any action - the other clubs have in effect locked them out of football till next year at best. 

From experience , the problem will legal actions is that no one believes you until you actually go to court.

Collectively a much stronger case can be made. 

Just now, jambomjm74 said:

This should never have happened.. we have become a fringe show a disaster movie and the Hibbys will piss their pants when they watch this, I don’t think many Hearts fans will want to rerun the Levein/Budge era. 
Possibly one of the biggest errors in a long list by Anne.. 
The latest fiasco is yet another example of our charitable status on and off the pitch and how soft and out of touch we have become.

It’s not important today in the grand scheme of things but it’s a cluster****.  Who thought it would be a good idea needs their heads banged together.  

11 minutes ago, flem said:

Why does this keep getting stated. We didn't need to tick any boxes as proven by the outcomes of the Belgian and French court cases. 

We should have been in court weeks ago! 

While those cases help our arguement they are in no way the same due to scottish teams voting for it rather than having it imposed by the league

If this was a poker hand then we would now be facing a situation where a bet of at the most £500k could stand a decent chance of winning up to £8m in the pot. And even better you actually know what your opponent's hand is! It is the definition of a no brainer, the value bet of value bets.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

No games until August at the earliest. 

Like I said, not enough time.  Unless you really believe that AB will actually apply for an interdict to delay the league and that a court will grant it. She won’t, it will be compensation only. 

3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Let's not forget the risk in the Championship too though.  How many teams can genuinely start in October? Support stringent testing methods?  We've been thrown to the dogs but our fellow members,   unforgivable. 

Just now, flem said:

I think this is a distinct possibility. 

No chance.  That would end her legacy and she would be done as chairman. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Any updates from SJ or Selkirk?

Nothing to add at this stage but a did say vote would fail and I did say Doncaster and co wouldn't take an executive decision 

2 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Nah wasn't getting at him personally, just all the recent chat on here. But yes, onwards and hopefully upwards. 

👍

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I think we will instigate legal proceedings and settle for a much smaller than hoped sum of money as compensation.  

I don’t believe AB will want to pull the trigger on a dozen clubs’ existences. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Like I said, not enough time.  Unless you really believe that AB will actually apply for an interdict to delay the league and that a court will grant it. She won’t, it will be compensation only. 

Sadly, I agree with this.  

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )