SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Chris McLaughlin suggesting we are relegated with the acceptance of the "best deal" we can get, since Budge is pragmatic. Writing on the wall he suggests, usually close to the truth I'm afraid.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

From the snippets I have heard from a pretty good source, reconstruction is the favoured approach by most of the clubs, especially those in the lower leagues. There are those further up the food chain though that don’t want that.

Celtic

Sevco
Kilmarnock

Motherwell

St Mirren

Accies

St Johnstone

Livingston

Ross County

Hibs

For various reasons, would be my guess.

(basically the entire top flight!)

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

GorgieRules22

Regardless of what all the other clubs think it’s going to be voted on from a board of delegated members. If they decide to relegate us that’s when the fight starts.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Chris McLaughlin suggesting we are relegated with the acceptance of the "best deal" we can get, since Budge is pragmatic. Writing on the wall he suggests, usually close to the truth I'm afraid.

:laugh:

GorgieRules22

When was this said ?

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Regardless of what all the other clubs think it’s going to be voted on from a board of delegated members. If they decide to relegate us that’s when the fight starts.

You would hope so.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Will be annoyed if we accept relegation for a handful of shrapnel, just to act in the best interests of a bunch of clubs who would see us dead and buried for a few thousand pounds in their coffers. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

If true that would be a pretty appalling decision from the SFA and even more astounding from Budge. 

While I think it’s entirely likely that if the remaining fixtures go ahead we would still finish bottom, I don’t see how you could relegate is without completing the games. 

We’re 4 points behind Hamilton with 8 to play, one of which is against them. It would hardly be the great escape for us to stay up. 

As much as I’ve been critical of Budge, I don’t think she’d be daft enough to roll over and accept relegation in these circumstances. 

David McCaig
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair Stendel got more points vs Ross County, St J and Hamilton than Levein. He also got double the number of wins Levein did, but in fewer games and managed to get a draw against Aberdeen. Levein did beat St Mirren though so there's that. It's just the way things have gone for us that Hamilton decided to beat Rangers just when we were about to get off the bottom of the table.

Did he?

Levein 1 point v Ross County - 1 game

Stendel 1 point v Ross County - 1 game

Levein 1 point v Hamilton - 1 game

Stendel 1 point v Hamilton - 2 games

Levein 0 points v St J - 1 game

Stendel 1 point v St J - 2 games

Levein 1 point v St M - 1 game

Stendel 0 points v St M - 1 games

GorgieRules22

If Budge accepts it then she can get herself as far away from Hearts as possible. I very much doubt she will after coming out on Saturday so I’m intrigued to see we’re this nonsense was thought up ?

David McCaig

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52190783

They slipped this pearl into BBC News section last night around 8

On reading that article its clear that Chris McLaughlin is no more informed than the rest of us. For goodness sake finishing the season by assuming every game is a 1-1 draw or predicting results via a super computer!!!!

He also makes no mention of the far tighter situations in the lower divisions.

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

If Budge accepts it then she can get herself as far away from Hearts as possible. I very much doubt she will after coming out on Saturday so I’m intrigued to see we’re this nonsense was thought up ?

Exactly I would expect to fight to the very end.

If that means taking out injunctions which are detrimental to Scottish football as a whole so be it!!

David McCaig

The only way of achieving 11-1 support for any proposal in the SPFL, is to award Celtic the title and scrap relegation.

27 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It might be 2 phases though.

The board may decide to finish the season and award places as they stand.

But then reconstruction could then be on the agenda. 

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Exactly I would expect to fight to the very end.

If that means taking out injunctions which are detrimental to Scottish football as a whole so be it!!

+1

GorgieRules22
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

You wouldn’t announce one with announcing the other then ? Why would you want to cause so much frustratio

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

In which case our legal fight starts and continues until such point as our SPL status is confirmed, or the 38th game is completed.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You wouldn’t announce one with announcing the other then ? Why would you want to cause so much frustratio

It would be naive in the extreme to expect one disastrous outcome in the belief that an unconfirmed remedy was in the offing.

Any solution to the end of this season, also has to give a watertight proposal for 2020/2021.

I am still of the belief that null and void is the fairest outcome. 

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

It would be naive in the extreme to expect one disastrous outcome in the belief that an unconfirmed remedy was in the offing.

Any solution to the end of this season, also has to give a watertight proposal for 2020/2021.

I am still of the belief that null and void is the fairest outcome. 

Well that won’t happen.....our game up here is run by Peter Lawell.

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I’m sure it will be on the agenda but I think the bigger clubs will throw it out just to get their 2 old firm games as usual per season. Short sightedness yes, realism I think will win over. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Well that won’t happen.....our game up here is run by Peter Lawell.

True, but if he wants our vote, he knows what we want.

Personally, I am only interested in Hearts and couldn't give a toss who wins the League.

8 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Agree

But others have said SPFL board can decide on season ending. But can't decide on Reconstruction.

It should all be done together but doesn't need to be. 

GorgieRules22

True, but if he wants our vote, he knows what we want.

Personally, I am only interested in Hearts and couldn't give a toss who wins the League.

I think every Hearts supporter feels that way.

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

I think every Hearts supporter feels that way.

Not so. There are posts on this very thread (and others) saying that they think it would be deserved if we were relegated. 

BerraBelieveit

I couldn't see us ever being relegated at the start of all of this as it just blows the whole integrity of the game up here out of water.

Now, I'm not fussed at all whatever the option as the relegation option has support to fit other clubs personal agenda.  

If the league is to be finished - we will stay up, I have every confidence and have done so from the start.

If the league is restructured and we stay in the division - can sort that squad out in the summer & give Stendel a proper pre-season to get everything he wants - style, personnel etc.

If we get relegated - wipe the whole thing clean from top to bottom and start again - fans will still turn out & we will get many great away days out that we missed last time around - Ayr, Greenock, Arbroath, Dunfermline etc. No one will take days out at the football for granted again so we will take a big away support as ever & I'd imagine the same would apply for home games.

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Not so. There are posts on this very thread (and others) saying that they think it would be deserved if we were relegated. 

****ing idiots then aren’t they.

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, BerraBelieveit said:

I couldn't see us ever being relegated at the start of all of this as it just blows the whole integrity of the game up here out of water.

Now, I'm not fussed at all whatever the option as the relegation option has support to fit other clubs personal agenda.  

If the league is to be finished - we will stay up, I have every confidence and have done so from the start.

If the league is restructured and we stay in the division - can sort that squad out in the summer & give Stendel a proper pre-season to get everything he wants - style, personnel etc.

If we get relegated - wipe the whole thing clean from top to bottom and start again - fans will still turn out & we will get many great away days out that we missed last time around - Ayr, Greenock, Arbroath, Dunfermline etc. No one will take days out at the football for granted again so we will take a big away support as ever & I'd imagine the same would apply for home games.

You seem to miss the part we’re it will damage our club massively financially. Time to pull your head out the sand on that front.....relegation would be a disaster.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

****ing idiots then aren’t they.

In my opinion, yes.

ford donald
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

There are bigots everywhere.

“Ann Budge will do everything she can to protect her club and will not go down without a fight. She is also a pragmatist and if the writing is one the wall, she will get the best deal she can and get on with it. 

With the caveat that things are changing day to day, I'm afraid, for Hearts fans the writing is very much on the wall.”

If this scenario was to play out, and I don’t actually believe it will, at least not without reconstruction, then I would expect Hearts and Hearts supporters to bear a grudge against those involved forever more. It annoys me the way the players don’t appreciate how the fans feel towards St Mirren for example. They should be made aware of how the supporters feel about historical grudges and rivalries as soon as they step through the doors. It’s never acceptable to lose to Hibs and St Mirren for starters.

5 minutes ago, ford donald said:

There are bigots everywhere.

Not sure I follow, mate.

If we were relegated in this manner, would we have time to fight it in the courts etc when we'd likely only have a finite amount of months before another campaign kicks off? What would we do if we are sent down but haven't reached a decision going through the legal channels?

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Jee said:

If we were relegated in this manner, would we have time to fight it in the courts etc when we'd likely only have a finite amount of months before another campaign kicks off? What would we do if we are sent down but haven't reached a decision going through the legal channels?

That's why you seek an injunction..

2 minutes ago, Jee said:

I think we would be able to impose and interdict pending the results of the court proceedings.

David McCaig
Just now, Jee said:

What does that do like?

In essence could freeze the whole SPFL until the situation is resolved.  I would imagine that we wouldn't be the only club pursuing a legal solution.

15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

“Ann Budge will do everything she can to protect her club and will not go down without a fight. She is also a pragmatist and if the writing is one the wall, she will get the best deal she can and get on with it. 

With the caveat that things are changing day to day, I'm afraid, for Hearts fans the writing is very much on the wall.”

If this scenario was to play out, and I don’t actually believe it will, at least not without reconstruction, then I would expect Hearts and Hearts supporters to bear a grudge against those involved forever more. It annoys me the way the players don’t appreciate how the fans feel towards St Mirren for example. They should be made aware of how the supporters feel about historical grudges and rivalries as soon as they step through the doors. It’s never acceptable to lose to Hibs and St Mirren for starters.

Agree with every word , I think we should boycott every away game & pack Tynecastle to the rafters for every home game.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You would hope so.

Will be annoyed if we accept relegation for a handful of shrapnel, just to act in the best interests of a bunch of clubs who would see us dead and buried for a few thousand pounds in their coffers. 

Exactly. The rush to get this sorted is to do with clubs desperate for the final payments, so they don’t go into admin. Why should we be the sacrificed for these shitty wee clubs that bring nothing to the league. 

In essence could freeze the whole SPFL until the situation is resolved.  I would imagine that we wouldn't be the only club pursuing a legal solution.

Unless our palms are greased, which is being alluded to there with Chris McLaughlin. I see.

:levein_interesting:

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Journalists/ papers like drama.

Nothing written in last weeks speculating has been helpful.

Yup, no one knows what is going to happen, and the ones who will make the decision are playing for time hoping a solution will pop up or the virus will be gone quickly so they can finish the season. No one wants to make the first move so its a mexican stand off.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Jee said:

Unless our palms are greased, which is being alluded to there with Chris McLaughlin. I see.

:levein_interesting:

Does the SPFL even have £3M  to cover our losses from prize money, TV money and ticket revenue?

Relegation = two less home matches and zero category A games.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Exactly. The rush to get this sorted is to do with clubs desperate for the final payments, so they don’t go into admin. Why should we be the sacrificed for these shitty wee clubs that bring nothing to the league. 

Posts like this are nonsense. For starters they bring an opposition to play against.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Posts like this are nonsense. For starters they bring an opposition to play against.

If Kelty Hearts were in the Premier League they'd bring a bigger travelling support than Hamilton.

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, no one knows what is going to happen, and the ones who will make the decision are playing for time hoping a solution will pop up or the virus will be gone quickly so they can finish the season. No one wants to make the first move so its a mexican stand off.

I agree although I don’t think they are playing for time, just seeing how the situation develops and hope for a clearer picture by the end of April. 

At some point, decisions will need to be made however. 

18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How is it. My point is that clubs with no real support and turnover are desperate for the league to finish, so they can get a few hundred grand to survive. And they’ll be happy to screw us over to do so. To be honest what you’ve just said is nonsense. So what if they bring an opposition? Any club in the entire set up can do that. That points irrelevant. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )