SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

adambraejambo
8 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If they're in the shit halfway through this season then how on earth are they going to pay back another 1 million of debt?

Scottish football is heading for a huge crash. 

Shame. 

Clubs pleading poverty just now. Get a 1m plus loan from the Gov and some go out and bring In new players. That's all well and good if you can guarantee that come the start of next season we will be back to normal but I think it be a year plus from now before we will be back to full capacity . Nobody seems to be budgeting that Covid may stick around next season. 

6 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So KIllie are the first to confirm they need the loan,  I cant see how the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Hamilton won’t go down this route, which will keep them all alive and hopefully in a weak state for years to come, so when we bounce back we will be stronger by default and bank balance.

If Bowie thinks this emergency loan is essential then there are a lot of clubs in a worse state than they are, so is everybody else keeping up a false front?

Well I would check Motherwell's statement today before you mention them in that list

Motherwell post £346,000 profit for year ending May 2020 - BBC Sport

That does not include Turnbull's fee of over £2million from Celtic

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Are we pleading poverty?

Did we vote to support a ruling body that has openly criticised government assistance at a time when there are thousands of more deserving cases?

Are we acting like bitches?

No hypocrisy on Gorgie Road (on this occasion 😁)

Most definitely this 👆

9 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

So, all the self preservation and self interest is in the Premiership, lower leagues don’t have any of that, just give more power to this fat cockroach. Absolute scum

He is right in a way, but Scottish football needs less decision making power with the clubs, not more. The only vote the clubs should have is who to elect as SPFL & SFA CEO. Ultimately, if we're planning to pay the CEO more than most clubs can afford to pay their players then that person needs to be making decisions. Not being merely an administrator. 

Clubs can then elect the league CEO based on what they promise to deliver, and they then retain that position on actually delivering the success they promise. Our current system isn't succeeding on any level and there is a real need to change it to reduce club involvement. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

more from Ayrshire.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55727558

Obese ******* thought Hearts fans would subsidise his pie budget only to be sent away disappointed. 

To think Rado Scotland gave that ***** air time to put boot into us and now he is treated as some sort of sage who should be listened to. 

****ing fat **** of a disgrace. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

He is right in a way, but Scottish football needs less decision making power with the clubs, not more. The only vote the clubs should have is who to elect as SPFL & SFA CEO. Ultimately, if we're planning to pay the CEO more than most clubs can afford to pay their players then that person needs to be making decisions. Not being merely an administrator. 

Clubs can then elect the league CEO based on what they promise to deliver, and they then retain that position on actually delivering the success they promise. Our current system isn't succeeding on any level and there is a real need to change it to reduce club involvement. 

Sums up exactly what is required.

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Couldn't have put it better myself. Genuinely, couldn't have.

👍

Though would say all the behind the scenes lobbying and persusion betrays this notion that Doncaster is merely an administrator.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, OTT said:

100%

Alternatively pay for administrators, save  a bit cash. 

The thing that should be done is that rules and outcomes should be set before the event.

That is logical, fair and simple. The clubs voted against this tho even after last seasons debacle. 

The Self interest and opportunism by clubs is clear. Even in England, certain clubs  have taken advantage of the covid situation to consolidate power. 

It ****ing reeks Tbh, to the point of me being scunnered. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

44 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

So, all the self preservation and self interest is in the Premiership, lower leagues don’t have any of that, just give more power to this fat cockroach. Absolute scum

He is almost right except that it’s 2 clubs (1 really) that hold too much power, not the SPL. 

Guest ToqueJambo
27 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Obese ******* thought Hearts fans would subsidise his pie budget only to be sent away disappointed. 

To think Rado Scotland gave that ***** air time to put boot into us and now he is treated as some sort of sage who should be listened to. 

Exactly, could have backed reconstruction and pushed to still play play-offs when they were discussing how to end the season last year, which would have increased Ayr's chances of promotion either last season or this one. Instead, he voted out of pure self-interest. 

Interested to know what he did in his 16 years at Ayr to try to change the set-up in Scotland.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Are we pleading poverty?

Did we vote to support a ruling body that has openly criticised government assistance at a time when there are thousands of more deserving cases?

Are we acting like bitches?

No hypocrisy on Gorgie Road (on this occasion 😁)

Still haven't received compensation despite taking the biggest financial hit of anyone. Have we even received the parachute payment?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Football is being dealt with differently. This funding is part of the £55m of emergency support announced by Scottish Government. That included £20m of funding to take the form of loans to Premiership clubs.

There is a bit of throwing bricks in glass houses about criticising clubs for taking Government loans while also signing players. Hearts have accepted a £500k grant from Government from the same £55m announcement and then signed a player, with plans to sign more.

They can take the loans and sign players. They just shouldn't plead poverty at the same time. As someone else said, we're not doing that. We immediately said we were using the money to keep playing via testing.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Well I would check Motherwell's statement today before you mention them in that list

Motherwell post £346,000 profit for year ending May 2020 - BBC Sport

That does not include Turnbull's fee of over £2million from Celtic

Sounds like decent financial management. 

Could be that the transfer fee comes in staged payments also.

As reported at the time, £750k was turned down and £1.5m was accepted. Both figures may also be nonsense.

The sale of striker James Scott to Hull City helped raise £1m in transfer fees as revenue rose by £400,000 to £4.95m.

"The work that has been done to establish the club's model and strategy in recent years has been successful, but we have to do more."

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Motherwell clearly do not have Ann Budge running the show.

We made a a £473,000 profit last year despite all the carry on.

Bazzas right boot

Motherwell sold their best players to off set the covid finial hit, fair doos to them. 

But, as a result the are second bottom v 3rd top last year. 

Risky game. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Motherwell sold their best players to off set the covid finial hit, fair doos to them. 

But, as a result the are second bottom v 3rd top last year. 

Risky game. 

And without being mean, they had a crop of very good young players. Which has happened before at other clubs. 

Those coming after might be good but not good enough yet. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Motherwell clearly do not have Ann Budge running the show.

:wtfvlad:

Obviously not. 

What a stupid, irrelevant comment to make in order to engineer a way to have a dig at our owner. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And without being mean, they had a crop of very good young players. Which has happened before at other clubs. 

Those coming after might be good but not good enough yet. 

They also, like every club have this full season to financially report as well, which imo will be more telling of the covid affect. 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We made a a £473,000 profit last year despite all the carry on.

Pound for pound that is embarrassing.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not considering that includes no big player sales like Motherwell. Any profit in our game is good going. And bringing in millions in no strings benefactor income is far from embarrassing. I'm sure it's easy to do that and that's why all teams are attracting that kind of income, oh wait....

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not considering that includes no big player sales like Motherwell. Any profit in our game is good going. And bringing in millions in no strings benefactor income is far from embarrassing. I'm sure it's easy to do that and that's why all teams are attracting that kind of income, oh wait....

I agree profit is good, but all these endless players coming in and none of them are worth shit on the sellable market.

been here before
24 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

But then you've contributed **** all to it so why would you worry?

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why? Many bigger clubs made a loss, smaller clubs made a profit etc. As long as the club is solvent and making money what does it matter. The problems have been on the pitch let’s not blow sunshine out of Motherwell’s arse to make out the issues are off the pitch as well. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

People biting at i8 again. :vrface:

He is on my ignore list but people keep quoting him.   Bugger!

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The best bit of his interview last night was trying to make out Somerset park was some sort of footballing Mecca that is wonderful when it's full.**** knows when he found that out it's not been full since 1949 .it needed bulldozed years ago .it's truly a pit

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree profit is good, but all these endless players coming in and none of them are worth shit on the sellable market.

Hickey ?

Stop slavering pish again 

PortonianJambo
8 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nah it's fine for an SFA executive to spread fear and panic amongst lower league teams and then walk away unscathed.

I phoned the SFA offices yesterday and today.No answer.Have also emailed them today,no answer yet.Obviously not important enough to them to answer, or deaf ear syndrome.or maybe their fax machine / email system has not been working the last few days

Edited by PortonianJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Apart from getting very good fees for Lafferty, Sow and Hickey, plus apparently half-decent fees for some others like Washington, Uche, Clare, Mulraney and Isma. if we'd been a bit smarter or luckier we could easily have brought in good fees for Johnson, Paterson and Walker. Souttar too probably would have been away for a decent fee if he hadn't got injured.

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

That's all well and good if you can guarantee that come the start of next season we will be back to normal but I think it be a year plus from now before we will be back to full capacity . Nobody seems to be budgeting that Covid may stick around next season. 

That's a very good and very real point. 

Things aren't going back to normal quickly. 

Younger folk aren't going to see the vaccine before late summer and its 12 weeks between doses. That takes you up to October/November. 

Limited crowds in this calendar year? On top of people perhaps not renewing season tickets as readily?

Clubs are going to have to be budgeting smart. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

All because 'Lenny' lied about St Johnstone. I can't stand those *******s.

Ah so we're a "top" club again now are we? Unlike when we had to stop training.

ToadKiller Dog
46 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The excuse they need to shut things down ,reading the full story ,the jrg want the full dimensions of the refs and the players changing spaces ,amongst other demands  .

Why now ,surley this was looked at back in the summer .

Has celtics paws allover this latest announcement. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think they just want to show the Scottish Government that all is well. 

I’m no fan of the JRG, but this could be a means for them to make sure that no club can be responsible for giving a reason for the SG to suggest a pause in playing. Maybe just asking them all to make sure that everything is working as it should be, should any checks by either government, or mischief making press, occur.

Lennon has shown a willingness to throw Scottish football under a bus to save Celtic’s 10 in a row skins, by highlighting the national team celebrations and, it seems falsely, describing other club’s Covid protocols as inadequate. He’s a poisonous ratbag who can’t be trusted  to take losing their Holy Grail with good grace.

He’ll have mates in the Scottish press who would happily back him up. It’s best to make sure no club can give credence to his unhinged rant.

If Celtic are to play at Hamilton or St. Johnstone again this season (or any team playing Celtic) remeasure your dressing room and say 'x' number allowed in at any moment in time.

If your squad is bigger than that, we recommend 'y' no. of players at any one time to shower, deep clean, then next lot go in and so on.

For team talks, multiple changing, mask tape out the number of places required under the concourse or wherever.

If we get Celtic at home in the cup don't offer them anything apart from the car park to change and have team talks.

If it's peeing down they can use front row of main stand for showering.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Ann will get Dr Levein to do it 😆🤣

The wheels for null and void are truly in motion for Celtic now. The events of the past two/three weeks have shown that. Celtic have shown their hand big time. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Wait, so according to that Sky article, the JRG doesn't seem to have already checked the protocols of the clubs, after months of playing now? What exactly do they do? It doesn't seem like they bothered to inspect the clubs to check protocols were sound, and they wonder why the gov doesn't trust them.

"Among a lengthy list of information requested, clubs are being asked to send the JRG plans of the home, away and referee's changing rooms for match days.That includes the dimensions of each room, the position of each changing station, the position and size of screens and dividers, the position of doors and the position of ventilating windows. Clubs have also been asked to provide the dimensions of other rooms used by players and coaches - including meeting spaces - and for stadiums using showers, clubs need to include the dimensions of the shower room, the position of shower heads, the position of drains and the position of doors and windows."

Surely all of this should have been submitted to the JRG in a COVID Safety Plan of some sort?

Edited by ToqueJambo

12 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The wheels for null and void are truly in motion for Celtic now. The events of the past two/three weeks have shown that. Celtic have shown their hand big time. 

I'm resisting going all in with the Celtic conspiracy theory stuff but I won't be surprised if a lot of this has been calculated   

Snidey, snidey club. 

18 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm resisting going all in with the Celtic conspiracy theory stuff but I won't be surprised if a lot of this has been calculated   

Snidey, snidey club. 

Yeah it’s gone beyond tin foil hat stuff. Since Celtic lost to Rangers in the old firm start of Jan they’ve travelled to Dubai during a pandemic, picked a fight with the government and Scottish football over it, openly flaunted themselves breaking covid rules by the pool and at the bar, Kennedy openly admitting to breaking the rules whilst away, letting Duffy break the bubble to travel home, Julien catching covid even tho he was injured, claiming to have been effected by covid more than any club and that’s no even mentioning Lennon’s presser, Scott Browns comments either. Then you add in tonight’s decision by the JRG to start investigating clubs for their changing rooms on the request of Celtic and that Celtic run the SFA/SPFL you start to get a clear picture of what’s going on. 

Torque is right, why was this not inspected preseason, with regular checks throughout the season?

And why was there no need to investigate celtics trip to Dubai but there is here, based on a Lennon lie. 

In fact, when is the investigation into Lennon’s accusations?

Gordon Ramsay
8 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Should these things not have been checked about 5 months ago? 

Make no mistake, Celtic are in full flow now. They will try every trick in the book to somehow stop this season. 

FWIW I don't think it'll happen and Rangers will probably have it wrapped up late March/April. We can only hope Lennon is still in the dugout to see it. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Should these things not have been checked about 5 months ago? 

Make no mistake, Celtic are in full flow now. They will try every trick in the book to somehow stop this season. 

FWIW I don't think it'll happen and Rangers will probably have it wrapped up late March/April. We can only hope Lennon is still in the dugout to see it. 

This has Celtics mucky fingers all over it. I have absolutely no trust what so ever in either the SFA and SPFL in anything like this. They are fully in Celtics back pocket.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )