SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

I said i only had sympathy for partick and stranraer in an earler post. I forgot about how much Falkirk have been shafted also. Good on Gary Deans having a go at the faceless mutants that run the spfl. 

35 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

You clearly haven’t been following this closely. Gary Deans was one of the biggest critics of Easters decision. He was also very complimentary of Budges plans and one of the only other Chairman who stuck up for us last time.

He was a credit to himself, credit to his club and showed he could see the bigger picture.

I'm sorry I rather thought they were one of the clubs that voted for handing the league to sellic and expelling us. guess I wasn't watching...

7 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

I'm sorry I rather thought they were one of the clubs that voted for handing the league to sellic and expelling us. guess I wasn't watching...

Guess I wasn't  - apologies to Gary, soz

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-reluctantly-accept-spfl-vote-outcome-coronavirus-impact-scottish-football-should-have-been-handled-better-2539816

In a statement the Bairns said: "Falkirk FC voted against the resolution put forward last week by the SPFL board to end the current season. After days of uncertainty filled with rumour and speculation, we now know that Dundee FC have voted in favour of the resolution. We are disappointed at the result but reluctantly accept the outcome.

25 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

Guess I wasn't  - apologies to Gary, soz

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-reluctantly-accept-spfl-vote-outcome-coronavirus-impact-scottish-football-should-have-been-handled-better-2539816

In a statement the Bairns said: "Falkirk FC voted against the resolution put forward last week by the SPFL board to end the current season. After days of uncertainty filled with rumour and speculation, we now know that Dundee FC have voted in favour of the resolution. We are disappointed at the result but reluctantly accept the outcome.

😂😂😂 don’t worry mate, I struggle to remember also! Should be easy, there wasn’t many ‘good guys’.... plenty of ‘whanks’ though!

4 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Apparently, according to Ewan Murray, questions had to be emailed in ahead of the SFA/spfl showdown. How spineless can that lot get? They only answer pre-screened questions. Ffs. 

same when donkey does a BBC interview.... cosy fireside chat

1 hour ago, Deid Heid said:

I think it’s important that we don’t turn on each other, particularly the teams that genuinely seem to see the bigger picture. I think the SPFL board use the tribalism of clubs to divide and conquer so we need to appreciate the good guys that are out there.

You don’t need to apologise, if the decent clubs stick together one day we might all get change.

👍😀👍

Read comments from Duffy and McInnaly desperate to end the season now. What does that even achieve, the pause is the right thing for part time teams, furlough your players for a month or two and return to action in a few months to complete the season. Who gives a damn whether the new season starts in July or September, noise again is from just greedy twats who have everything to gain from season being null and voided.

Imagine the noise if Celtic were in Rangers position right now, league would be shut down and title awarded already.

36 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

same when donkey does a BBC interview.... cosy fireside chat

Pathetic isn’t it? £400k per year. Afraid of answering some questions. Coward. 

18 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Perhaps the Sportsound "Lap Dog" that is Richard Gordon will be licking the balls of the donkey this Saturday afternoon. The BBC and SFA/SPFL/JRG have a good couple of days to find a set of set of 3 completely impotent questions to ask and pass it off as incisive interrogation of the man responsible for the smooth running of our National Sport.

Should be a right riveting show.

39 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

he is a sickening disgrace. Only Trump is a bigger turd. Throughout our battles in court etc he never once was interviewed by anyone other than his appointed ringpiece Dick Gordon. He refused to be interviewed by the likes of English or Stewart. He’s a disgrace and a feeble corrupt coward. £400k to shamefully hide and bend over to take Celtics length 24/7

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, washniklaw said:

You clearly haven’t been following this closely. Gary Deans was one of the biggest critics of Easters decision. He was also very complimentary of Budges plans and one of the only other Chairman who stuck up for us last time.

He was a credit to himself, credit to his club and showed he could see the bigger picture.

This. GD has been consistent with his position throughout and is definitely on the same page as us 

52 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Read comments from Duffy and McInnaly desperate to end the season now. What does that even achieve, the pause is the right thing for part time teams, furlough your players for a month or two and return to action in a few months to complete the season. Who gives a damn whether the new season starts in July or September, noise again is from just greedy twats who have everything to gain from season being null and voided.

Imagine the noise if Celtic were in Rangers position right now, league would be shut down and title awarded already.

Haven't read their comments yet and full reasons but in a way it's an acceptance proper professional football in Scotland is no more than 20 odd clubs.

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Heard a few clubs are pushing for null and void, wouldn't put it past them to be honest.

Which clubs? How many of them?  Where are you hearing these rumours?

My pals talk a complete load of shite in WhatsApp groups as well, but I don't come online and report it on Kickback. 

If you're going to drop that kind of statement, you should back it up with some sort of source. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

There are only about 10 games left (just 7 in the Premiership) before we hit the "played 75% of games mark" that apparently is the point at which it's now OK to promote and relegate teams and award titles (according to most of Scottish football in March last year anyhow). Even if we pause all football now for 3-4 months, we'd be able to finish those 10 games at minimum.

The likes of Celtic will want null and void but given how against it they were last time they'll look ridiculous. Doesn't seem to matter to them these days mind you. The SPFL board didn't consider null and void for a second and in fact Doncaster went to great lengths to explain why. So while you wouldn't put anything past the SPFL, null and void going from not even on the table to the preferred option is pretty far-fetched.

The leagues will finish but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a general pause. With a vaccine now the games will be able to be finished, even just to the 75% mark. We need to make sure we don't slip up and are top after 20 games or whatever.

The Future's Maroon

just watched some comments from that twat Lawell on this. Wow, the rage in me is fecking strong “this has effected.our club more than any” really got my goat up, my Facebook account is probably about to be harassed from the unwashed (even managed a dig a The Rangers) and I don’t care....I am off work till Monday, so will give me something to do!

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

There are only about 10 games left (just 7 in the Premiership) before we hit the "played 75% of games mark" that apparently is the point at which it's now OK to promote and relegate teams and award titles (according to most of Scottish football in March last year anyhow). Even if we pause all football now for 3-4 months, we'd be able to finish those 10 games at minimum.

The likes of Celtic will want null and void but given how against it they were last time they'll look ridiculous. Doesn't seem to matter to them these days mind you. The SPFL board didn't consider null and void for a second and in fact Doncaster went to great lengths to explain why. So while you wouldn't put anything past the SPFL, null and void going from not even on the table to the preferred option is pretty far-fetched.

The leagues will finish but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a general pause. With a vaccine now the games will be able to be finished, even just to the 75% mark. We need to make sure we don't slip up and are top after 20 games or whatever.

Championship could play 18 games. Play each other home and away

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Championship could play 18 games. Play each other home and away

Probably the likeliest outcome now for three lower leagues. Premier 33 games. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Probably the likeliest outcome now for three lower leagues. Premier 33 games. 

Do you reckon. Next couple of weeks likely to be the worst figures of the pandemic then start to drop. If we play the next couple of weekends we should finish the season from there. 

Ex member of the SaS

So the last time Doncaster said they only take instructions from the clubs as they are the league, yet now they dump those same clubs without consultation and he doesn't see the hypocrisy?

Time for a clear out and a new system where those in charge have to be voted in every 4 years or so. Any board member not full filling his duty should be removed and another voted in his place. This job for life Doncaster has should never have been allowed.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Do you reckon. Next couple of weeks likely to be the worst figures of the pandemic then start to drop. If we play the next couple of weekends we should finish the season from there. 

Totally agree. We have already played through what was hopefully the peak of infections a few days ago.

LarrysRightFoot

Is it today that Championship clubs will need to do Covid tests? Sure I read somewhere they had to do be done 2 days before a game? 

Whilst I hope nobody has it that’s unrealistic and i wonder what the numbers and impact of the numbers will be.

Edit: I’m guessing we won’t find out numbers until tomorrow though?

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Every time there is a crisis inside the game here if any sort, those that are in executive positions in both organisations head for cover. It’s increasingly clear that Lawell and Celtic take all the decisions.  High time the compliant fools that are in charge of the clubs realised this and collectively did something about it.

26 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Is it today that Championship clubs will need to do Covid tests? Sure I read somewhere they had to do be done 2 days before a game? 

Whilst I hope nobody has it that’s unrealistic and i wonder what the numbers and impact of the numbers will be.

Edit: I’m guessing we won’t find out numbers until tomorrow though?

The Edinburgh club are due to travel to Alloa on league business this Saturday. “We should have testers here within the next 24 hours. Results usually have to be in two days before a game,” manager Robbie Neilson told the Evening News

Edited by HMFC01

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, HMFC01 said:

The Edinburgh club are due to travel to Alloa on league business this Saturday. “We should have testers here within the next 24 hours. Results usually have to be in two days before a game,” manager Robbie Neilson told the Evening News

So we should find out today. Between the weather and Covid a few games might off.

5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

So we should find out today. Between the weather and Covid a few games might off.

Yeah, two days, must be today.   Our pitch surely will be OK.    We are not Livingston.   Our drainage is top notch 🤞

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah, two days, must be today.   Our pitch surely will be OK.    We are not Livingston.   Our drainage is top notch 🤞

The game is at alloa

16 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

The game is at alloa

😀👍.    Another away game :facepalm:    Alloa got top notch drainage, hopefully better than Livingston.   😇 

Crikey, I just looked at our fixtures for the 23rd-26th, Raith games back to back.   Home then away.    Least we get to have the first say on tactics, which should be attack.   Raith probably defensive. 

Edited by HMFC01

19 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Outlook is awful.  Yellow and amber.

I think 75% of games is a uefa stipulation on the season being completed for entry into their competitions I might be wrong.

Null and Void would end several teams so even if Doncaster put it on the table it would get laughed out of the building. It would probably be his last act aswell if he did propose it as people might finally see him for what he is. 

I get the feeling that something will happen soon regarding a vote of no confidence in Doncaster. Lower league teams, Us, Rangers, Killie and St Mirren would be against and probably even Hibs now after Monday's debacle. 

He is on a shooglie peg

Hearts still need to make sure we are top if the bell tolls at 75% of the games. 

Edited by Rods

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think 75% of games is a uefa stipulation on the season being completed for entry into their competitions I might be wrong.

Null and Void would end several teams so even if Doncaster put it on the table it would get laughed out of the building. It would probably be his last act aswell if he did propose it as people might finally see him for what he is. 

I get the feeling that something will happen soon regarding a vote of no confidence in Doncaster. Lower league teams, Us, Rangers, Killie and St Mirren would be against and probably even Hibs now after Monday's debacle. 

He is on a shooglie peg

Hearts still need to make sure we are top if the bell tolls at 75% of the games. 

I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty sure that 75% thing is a myth and there is no such rule. I could be wrong also.

No longer active
15 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I don't know for a fact but I'm pretty sure that 75% thing is a myth and there is no such rule. I could be wrong also.

A strange season and it will have to be a myth this 75% thing - we are already only scheduled to play a 75% season Fixtures so to reduce it by even one game would be less than 75%

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I would agree. The 75% seems an arbitrary number. It is conceivable that our league could achieve 75% (or indeed 100%) but League 1 may not. How would that work with promotion and relegation....... ?

1 minute ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I would agree. The 75% seems an arbitrary number. It is conceivable that our league could achieve 75% (or indeed 100%) but League 1 may not. How would that work with promotion and relegation....... ?

Yep... there was no rule. That's why we had the 'vote'.

18 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

I said i only had sympathy for partick and stranraer in an earler post. I forgot about how much Falkirk have been shafted also. Good on Gary Deans having a go at the faceless mutants that run the spfl. 

East Fife = guid ****s too

41 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I'm pretty sure SPFL rules said that if 75% of season has passed, they MAY etc etc

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, George Cowie said:

A strange season and it will have to be a myth this 75% thing - we are already only scheduled to play a 75% season Fixtures so to reduce it by even one game would be less than 75%

We are due to play 28 fixtures this year. 75% is 21 games.

I see that the arse Mulranney has put himself up for election as FIFA   Vice president. Reps from Ireland  and Wales are him competition. 

17 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

We are due to play 28 fixtures this year. 75% is 21 games.

That should be 27 games, each of the 9 opnenents 3 times.

28 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm pretty sure SPFL rules said that if 75% of season has passed, they MAY etc etc

The SPFL rules didn't mention partially completed seasons at all.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Pretty sure they did mate

The rules didn't mention it. However in their advice to clubs prior to the VOTE the SPFL stated that almost every club had played more than 75% of games, so that was a justification for ending the league as it stood (PPG), awarding titles and demoting teams.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Pretty sure they did mate

I don't think they did  Smithee, that's why it went to vote. Think it was also part of our defence that we couldn't be 'relegated' because, as per spfl rules, the season had not been completed and there was no mechanism for it to be cut-short. Hence, relegation can only be enforced once the season was completed.

It's also why dungcaster has asked clubs to vote (recently) on giving the spfl 'executive powers' (aye, I know, right!?).. to allow them to make a call on how to end a campaign if similar circumstances occur.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

they change them to suit anyway. Rule is ‘Celtic’ 

that’s the only one they care about

How much did it cost for the holiday to Dubai?  Their core support is anti establishment, but happy to take Government cash.  What a scummy club from top to bottom.

https://talksport.com/football/817350/celtic-furlough-under-18s-parkhead-mistake-dubai/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=talksportfacebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1610623433

Smart move by Robbie to get this message out there ;

Covid tests no financial strain for Championship clubs - Robbie Neilson

Last updated on17 minutes ago17 minutes ago.From the sectionHearts

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )