SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Your post on the previous page would suggest otherwise.

It doesn’t suggest that in any way. You stated with some certainty that no clubs have taken up the loan offer. I’m merely asking is this a fact as I’ve not read that anywhere. You seem to be going round the houses for what was a straightforward query, if you don’t know just say. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

No mind given from the SPFL over this actually being contracted by Hibs players, staff etc, just what their protocol said and the bare minimum they could get away with (while not upsetting Celtic)

Pretty much the first line in the spfl handbook. You're right.

...'chebs oot!' 🤣🤣🤣 not heard that in a long time!

south morocco
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Have all the championship clubs actually agreed to weekly testing?

I don’t know but what would be the the alternatives if they don’t?

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Is that a fact ? I don’t know but I’d be surprised if no club took up that offer. Maybe that’s why they are complaining.  

Forgive me Daz, I read that as you didnt know it was loans to SPFL clubs. Not that any have not taken up the offer.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Forgive me Daz, I read that as you didnt know it was loans to SPFL clubs. Not that any have not taken up the offer.

No probs. 👍

I’m just thinking maybe some desperate clubs have applied but not had their money hence the moaning. Otherwise they don’t have anything to moan about. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, I said this the other night. Can you imagine 1 or 2 hubz players contracting this disease?... the spfl would be completely f**ked. 

What were they thinking? What if a player died because he caught it from a smeltic player after them denying further requested tests? Pretty sure we'd be looking at prosecutions.

This point has not been highlighted enough in the media. It could yet prove catastrophic... and for what? To save shellick losing a few other players due to self-isolating.

You keep thinking that the spfl/sfa can't get any more incompetent... then they do something like this. Absolute embarassment.

Yip, agree 100%. 

To even say don't worry about the cup fixture if there are cases we'll accommodate that clearly indicates putting completion of fixtures over the health of the players. 

It's another example of them being completely out of sync with the NHS and government prioritising health of staff  over business, or in this case a sport. 

Really short term vision, again as well. 

The consequences could be severe. 

They even threatened hibs 🙄😂

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Away from the (valid) conspiracy here, but no less relevant, is that their attitude is basically not dissimilar from that endemic across the country, both corporate and general public/individual.

No one is treating this as a virus.  I'm tired hearing myself say it - the rules aren't there for us to dance around as if we're grounded cos we didn't tidy oor rooms but our wee burd's said if we sneak oot the windae she'll get her chebs oot.  They're in place to protect us all because there's a bloody virus which is killing lots of people and each and every one of us could be carrying it at any time and we wouldn't even know.

Celtic and SPFL hiding behind protocol or whatever game they're playing is the same as these bellends who say "well strictly I could have a party cos I've registered all my mates as work colleagues" and all that shite.  Or these whole families in the supermarket "cos they're allowed to do that - it's only recommended you don't".

No mind given from the SPFL over this actually being contracted by Hibs players, staff etc, just what their protocol said and the bare minimum they could get away with (while not upsetting Celtic)

We have got to where we are because the so called experts really do not appear to know what they are doing while at the same time are treating the public like primary school children with their continual threats and chastising. Yes, there will always be idiots looking to just ignore whatever advice or rules there are, but the rest of us are able to risk assess, know what the issues are, and know what not to do and are frankly a bit fed up of being lectured to. The issue with Celtic and the football authorities is that they are not behaving like the vast majority of people and, as you say, are dancing around the rules with no consideration for others. By behaving like this they are more likely to make our leaders even more unnecessarially dictatorial leaving the rest of us normals facing the consequences. It is like the whole class being punished because of the behaviour of the few. It is time for the member clubs to call out Celtic, the SFA and the SPFL otherwise we are all going to get dragged under the bus.  

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I hope Hearts point the finger at those clubs signing players and bumping their gums about finances due to Covid.

I hope we just sit back and watch the Premiership teams fighting for scraps from the SG. Focus on ourselves and let them all self-combust.

As a Kirkie Rob Roy supporter I applaud the three-week suspension of lower and non-league.

We've had three weekends of weather-related call-offs up to now. So we'll go into February on a 6-week unbeaten run.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Loan to SPFL clubs. Grant's to championship clubs and below.

Loans upto an amount of £1.6M.

Just to clarify, it's a loan to Premiership clubs. Championship, League 1 and League 2 are SPFL clubs too!

Just now, FarmerTweedy said:

Just to clarify, it's a loan to Premiership clubs. Championship, League 1 and League 2 are SPFL clubs too!

Piss off🤣

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

No probs. 👍

I’m just thinking maybe some desperate clubs have applied but not had their money hence the moaning. Otherwise they don’t have anything to moan about. 

That’s how I’ve interpreted it. They can only moan if they’ve applied for a loan and not received it. From that Record article, interest rates seems to be one of the stumbling blocks with getting money from the SG. 15% would seem fair to me in the current low interest rate environment!

Edited by Zico
Typo

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Have all the championship clubs actually agreed to weekly testing?

Surly they have no choice......of course they can express their concerns but, if testing is a requirement then it will not be an option for them to refuse, if they can’t afford to do this I don’t know the alternative......

Mothballing  to the end of the season/teams that cannot complete to forfeit all remaining games by 3 points/all teams that can continue demanding a “return“ of points taken by any team who cannot fulfil the remainder of the season.....call the league? null and void.....FFS.....complete cluster.

10 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Surly they have no choice......of course they can express their concerns but, if testing is a requirement then it will not be an option for them to refuse, if they can’t afford to do this I don’t know the alternative......

Mothballing  to the end of the season/teams that cannot complete to forfeit all remaining games by 3 points/all teams that can continue demanding a “return“ of points taken by any team who cannot fulfil the remainder of the season.....call the league? null and void.....FFS.....complete cluster.

Thankfully we have Neil Doncaster at the helm. What could go wrong?

As previously stated, surely the Championship clubs MUST adhere to the testing regime? They had £50K from Mr Anderson and £500K from the SG, all free gratis.

I know weather will be a factor but in terms of 'calling the season' or suchlike, a glance at the fixtures will see us having played every other team twice by the end of February, assuming Dunfermline at home can be played by then. I assume, I know it is dangerous and foolhardy to do so, playing each other home and away will be seen as fair and adequate if the season needs to end early?

Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

As previously stated, surely the Championship clubs MUST adhere to the testing regime? They had £50K from Mr Anderson and £500K from the SG, all free gratis.

I know weather will be a factor but in terms of 'calling the season' or suchlike, a glance at the fixtures will see us having played every other team twice by the end of February, assuming Dunfermline at home can be played by then. I assume, I know it is dangerous and foolhardy to do so, playing each other home and away will be seen as fair and adequate if the season needs to end early?

Any thoughts?

You would think, wouldn't you? Remember, it's the spfl we're dealing with here.

The same spfl that shut down the 2 lower leagues (shortly after celtics misgivings)

The same spfl that shut down our training (shortly after celtics misgivings)

The same spfl that has bent over backwards to award, back, help, protect, stand up for.... celtic

Neil Dongcaster
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Heard a few clubs are pushing for null and void, wouldn't put it past them to be honest.

Who?

It's going to kick off.... this is from Falkirk's website:

Dear Supporter

Some of you will recall that on Boxing Day I recorded an interview with Falkirk TV expressing concern at the allocation of Scottish Government funding designed to support all of Scotland’s senior clubs address the financial impact of the pandemic.  Now, barely a fortnight later, I feel it right to communicate with you to express my disappointment yet again with the decisions made by our sport’s governing bodies to suspend Scotland’s League One and League Two.  We’ve held off making our thoughts public for a few days awaiting further clarifications from the SPFL at a meeting scheduled for today (Wednesday).  Unfortunately that meeting did not provide any clearer understanding of the justification for the decision.

By way of background, on Monday morning we received a communication from the SFA and SPFL notifying us of their decision to suspend all Scottish football below Championship level.  This decision came with no prior consultation with our Club and we have been forced to rapidly assess the impact that the suspension of fixtures and training will have on all our staff here at Falkirk.  We continue to work through the implications of this decision and will take the action that we believe is in the best interests of our people, supporters, and club.  We will have more to say on this at the Club’s General Meeting of shareholders which is due to take place on Thursday evening.

Our staff have worked incredibly hard to ensure we comply with the varied and numerous pandemic directives and protocols from Scottish Government, the SFA and the SPFL.  Quite frankly, our staff and supporters deserve greater respect from Scottish football’s decision makers who threaten their livelihoods and our club with decisions which we believe are ill-thought through and poorly communicated.

We all recognise the wide-ranging and serious impact that the pandemic has had on every aspect of society and of course we commend and support the efforts of the Scottish Government to safeguard life and to protect the NHS.  Football has been granted unique concessions which reflect its importance to our national consciousness and we are all aware of recent failures which have brought these concessions into focus.

Unfortunately, only some clubs (namely those in League One and Two and those outside the SPFL) have been made to carry the can for those failings, whilst those in the upper reaches of the league pyramid have been allowed to continue on top of having been rewarded disproportionately with Scottish Government funding.

The health crisis results in everyone – us included – having to make difficult decisions and that includes those in charge of our game, but some decisions, such as those to stop us playing and training while allowing other part-time clubs to continue are baffling.  We will be accused of looking at this with the benefit of hindsight, but there were many medical and scientific professionals predicting a second wave of the virus last summer, and yet again Scottish football has proven itself unable to deal with undoubtedly difficult circumstances.

The unfairness, inconsistency, and double standards on display is there for everyone to see. It is heartening to see other clubs express similar disappointment, but I know such expressions will ultimately fail to sway the decisions that are imposed on us and others.  To not even be consulted is entirely unacceptable.

Many of you will feel you have heard this record before, but the continued inability of our sport’s most senior decision makers to take decisions that seek to safeguard the future of all of Scotland’s clubs continues to baffle but not surprise.  We have called for change and we are ready to play a leading role in the much-needed reform that our national game requires.  Change is required and urgently.

Gary Deans

Edited by Rogue Daddy

The daily positive covid numbers steadily increased to around 1,400 through Oct and Nov, the tiers then came in and suppressed the virus slightly.  No football was stopped !
The new variant along with winter and Xmas mixing saw nos spike in December to 2,000. Not an increase at levels in south of England. Tougher measures across U.K. were announced and Scotland has faired better (lower base - slightly stricter regime - population density - less of new variant)
The current week has seen an early drop, which is encouraging. 
The plan would be that we live with the virus till enough are protected. 
We have to learn to live with this and follow the rules eradication has been a pipe dream. 
Football shouldn’t be at risk (does it spread the R number - can the government  bail them out further £ - does anyone over 50 play) as long as the virus doesn’t run out of control and the politicians don’t seek to score political points or Celtic seek to close the league for their own gain ... but given last years precidence they have run out of time. 

32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Heard a few clubs are pushing for null and void, wouldn't put it past them to be honest.

As Partick said in their statement the clubs had to commit to playing the fixtures at the start of the season so they'll just need to deal with it.

Falkirk bang on the cash again. They've been shafted twice during this crisis and I hope our club will be offering them support.

25 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Falkirk bang on the cash again. They've been shafted twice during this crisis and I hope our club will be offering them support.

The notion behind support is noble, however I hope Hearts keep their head below the parapet! 

Falkirk are just echoing what we were saying all summer regarding the blatant disregard shown to "certain" clubs by the SPFL and to a lesser extent SFA.

We just know that no matter how loud Falkirk shout nothing is going to change!...You sometimes just get fed up hearing the language of diplomacy and wish that things were called out a bit more hard hitting!

The SFA and SPFL have been rotten and corrupt to the core for years, COVID has just exposed that fact out and brought it out to the surface.   

The anger expressed by Falkirk and others will get the same treatment and response by the SPFL/SFA as shown to others on previous occasions.....

Apparently, according to Ewan Murray, questions had to be emailed in ahead of the SFA/spfl showdown. How spineless can that lot get? They only answer pre-screened questions. Ffs. 

10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Apparently, according to Ewan Murray, questions had to be emailed in ahead of the SFA/spfl showdown. How spineless can that lot get? They only answer pre-screened questions. Ffs. 

If enough clubs want governance change they can force it... maybe this time we'll see it happen now a lot of other clubs are getting shafted.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

If enough clubs want governance change they can force it... maybe this time we'll see it happen now a lot of other clubs are getting shafted.

We can only hope. It’s blatantly required... how long can they continue to get away with their pathetic, bias, governance? It’s surely coming to a head. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

We can only hope. It’s blatantly required... how long can they continue to get away with their pathetic, bias, governance? It’s surely coming to a head. 

They are banking on disgruntled clubs being unable to get their act together. 

Will be interesting to see what happens if Kilmarnock and St Mirren lose their appeal.

What a shambles.

willie wallace

Livi manager worried that they will be affected  by the stopping of leagues 1 and  2 as they will be unable to be able to put any players out on loan.😧😧

4 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Livi manager worried that they will be affected  by the stopping of leagues 1 and  2 as they will be unable to be able to put any players out on loan.😧😧

Wonder how that'll impact wage bills

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pre-submitted questions! :rofl:

The mutant Doncaster is not only scared of Tom English, he's now scared of Gary Deans!

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Pre-submitted questions! :rofl:

The mutant Doncaster is not only scared of Tom English, he's now scared of Gary Deans!

Scared, incompetent, corrupt cowards. 

21 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Well done Livi for being the only club to have their own Covid machine in house

They have been pretty good so far at keeping things at bay and they get results the same day with little delay

'It's about the size of an espresso machine' - Martindale on Livingston's in-house testing - BBC Sport

Eh Ross County and Killie both have one 

‘Falkirk’s Gary Deans’ gets tore right into Doncaster and his cohorts on the SPFL board.

Absolutely fantastic statement from him.

Bravo Gary, bravo.

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's going to kick off.... this is from Falkirk's website:

Dear Supporter

Some of you will recall that on Boxing Day I recorded an interview with Falkirk TV expressing concern at the allocation of Scottish Government funding designed to support all of Scotland’s senior clubs address the financial impact of the pandemic.  Now, barely a fortnight later, I feel it right to communicate with you to express my disappointment yet again with the decisions made by our sport’s governing bodies to suspend Scotland’s League One and League Two.  We’ve held off making our thoughts public for a few days awaiting further clarifications from the SPFL at a meeting scheduled for today (Wednesday).  Unfortunately that meeting did not provide any clearer understanding of the justification for the decision.

By way of background, on Monday morning we received a communication from the SFA and SPFL notifying us of their decision to suspend all Scottish football below Championship level.  This decision came with no prior consultation with our Club and we have been forced to rapidly assess the impact that the suspension of fixtures and training will have on all our staff here at Falkirk.  We continue to work through the implications of this decision and will take the action that we believe is in the best interests of our people, supporters, and club.  We will have more to say on this at the Club’s General Meeting of shareholders which is due to take place on Thursday evening.

Our staff have worked incredibly hard to ensure we comply with the varied and numerous pandemic directives and protocols from Scottish Government, the SFA and the SPFL.  Quite frankly, our staff and supporters deserve greater respect from Scottish football’s decision makers who threaten their livelihoods and our club with decisions which we believe are ill-thought through and poorly communicated.

We all recognise the wide-ranging and serious impact that the pandemic has had on every aspect of society and of course we commend and support the efforts of the Scottish Government to safeguard life and to protect the NHS.  Football has been granted unique concessions which reflect its importance to our national consciousness and we are all aware of recent failures which have brought these concessions into focus.

Unfortunately, only some clubs (namely those in League One and Two and those outside the SPFL) have been made to carry the can for those failings, whilst those in the upper reaches of the league pyramid have been allowed to continue on top of having been rewarded disproportionately with Scottish Government funding.

The health crisis results in everyone – us included – having to make difficult decisions and that includes those in charge of our game, but some decisions, such as those to stop us playing and training while allowing other part-time clubs to continue are baffling.  We will be accused of looking at this with the benefit of hindsight, but there were many medical and scientific professionals predicting a second wave of the virus last summer, and yet again Scottish football has proven itself unable to deal with undoubtedly difficult circumstances.

The unfairness, inconsistency, and double standards on display is there for everyone to see. It is heartening to see other clubs express similar disappointment, but I know such expressions will ultimately fail to sway the decisions that are imposed on us and others.  To not even be consulted is entirely unacceptable.

Many of you will feel you have heard this record before, but the continued inability of our sport’s most senior decision makers to take decisions that seek to safeguard the future of all of Scotland’s clubs continues to baffle but not surprise.  We have called for change and we are ready to play a leading role in the much-needed reform that our national game requires.  Change is required and urgently.

Gary Deans

Glad you spotted that Gary. If only they'd noticed that last season when they decided to expel us from the top flight at Easter. To only now realise the SPFL are ***** beggars belief and they remain on the never top be forgiven list. Also the clubs in our division will ultimately decide our fate for next year... it will be null and voided and we shall be shafted once more by these *****. *******! In the hope that some of us go to the wee shitey grounds next season. **** Gary and the SPFL

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ha ha ha these clubs should be named. 

The financial implications to clubs would be castrophic. If they think it makes a difference to Hearts it wont as we will be invited into the top league due to clubs going bust. 

6 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

Glad you spotted that Gary. If only they'd noticed that last season when they decided to expel us from the top flight at Easter. To only now realise the SPFL are ***** beggars belief and they remain on the never top be forgiven list. Also the clubs in our division will ultimately decide our fate for next year... it will be null and voided and we shall be shafted once more by these *****. *******! In the hope that some of us go to the wee shitey grounds next season. **** Gary and the SPFL

Falkirk voted with us last season and were critical of the decisions at the time.

Apart from the few who were onside its horse and stable door time. No shame in sfa, spfl. They should be digging their own graves but who else has the balls to stand up this time?

ToadKiller Dog

So todays big meeting did nothing but once again show the nonsense that is scottish football .

Plus we got the half hearted sort of  apology as expected from Lawwell .

Calls for real change will fall on deaf ears .

1 hour ago, Deid Heid said:

You clearly haven’t been following this closely. Gary Deans was one of the biggest critics of Easters decision. He was also very complimentary of Budges plans and one of the only other Chairman who stuck up for us last time.

He was a credit to himself, credit to his club and showed he could see the bigger picture.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Time for insurrection. Storm Doncasters gairden. 

Will even sacrifice my Twitter account 

My horns and facepaints are ready. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )