SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It just annoys me more and more, this mantra from these clowns who do have the full backing and control of the media to weaponise their agenda, Yes Football is struggling to survive as is equally all industries, but football is a special case!  It’s a special case because it already has £££££millions pumped into it.  It not the fault of the SG or the taxpayer that they over spent on wages, agent fees, blazers, bribes and whatever else that does not keep the money within the game.  I do expect Football to argue their case, but not by using the media to threaten democracy.  Just in case Doncaster even Trump is being evicted from the Whitehouse. Pay attention!

If Scottish Rugby had their TV deal and a sponsorship for 1 season, we could turn into the All Blacks, starting at grass roots.  Scottish football can’t even get goal posts in parks.

Pubs, restaurants, hairdressers and all sports excluding football are the priority; they are shut in case anybody has looked out the Hampden 6th floor window.  Pubs don’t pay their bar staff £15k per week and rely on sponsorship nor TV deals watching other people drink.  We can all kick a ball but we pay up front to watch their product.  A hairdresser paying 110% on wages compared to income, won’t last long and does not deserve a government hand-out either.  A few clubs going bust is sad, but thousands of Pubs, restaurants & hairdressers is a catastrophe!

You're absolutely right. And I don't think any 'normal' person in the UK would disagree.

However, this latest outburst from dungaster/lawwell (which doesn't surprise any of us)... for me at least, spells panic. Definitely not panic for Scottish football or any of it's clubs outside the usual 2 (...or even 1 these days), but panic nevertheless from the oirish club.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

18 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Correct.

I'm getting angry about it again.

An opportunity for real vision and change was lost.

They chose to shite from a great height on a few clubs, now the trumpets realise it's them in the shite they are now all concerned about the greater good, ect blah blah.

A brief summary

The Utd Qc " oot the game"

"take your medicine"

"squealing like a pig "

bus fares saved

that Findlay arse got all his structures mixed up, didn't even know what ****in vote it was.

Lies about sky money

Dundee- the lost and changed votes

St mirren having a right  giggle about it all with daft wee tweets.

That Docasters smirk

Lawells' " rousing" speech.See the source image

and **** Aberdeen, hibs and Rangers too.

That smart arse QC with his "oot ra gemme" line really, really ****ing ripped my knitting. What a sad ***** of a bloke, and highly ****ing unprofessional. 

Pasquale for King

Doncaster looking even sillier now hardly any clubs are allowed fans down south and it’s pretty similar if not identical to the system we have up here 😆😂.

36 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It just annoys me more and more, this mantra from these clowns who do have the full backing and control of the media to weaponise their agenda, Yes Football is struggling to survive as is equally all industries, but football is a special case!  It’s a special case because it already has £££££millions pumped into it.  It not the fault of the SG or the taxpayer that they over spent on wages, agent fees, blazers, bribes and whatever else that does not keep the money within the game.  I do expect Football to argue their case, but not by using the media to threaten democracy.  Just in case Doncaster even Trump is being evicted from the Whitehouse. Pay attention!

If Scottish Rugby had their TV deal and a sponsorship for 1 season, we could turn into the All Blacks, starting at grass roots.  Scottish football can’t even get goal posts in parks.

Pubs, restaurants, hairdressers and all sports excluding football are the priority; they are shut in case anybody has looked out the Hampden 6th floor window.  Pubs don’t pay their bar staff £15k per week and rely on sponsorship nor TV deals watching other people drink.  We can all kick a ball but we pay up front to watch their product.  A hairdresser paying 110% on wages compared to income, won’t last long and does not deserve a government hand-out either.  A few clubs going bust is sad, but thousands of Pubs, restaurants & hairdressers is a catastrophe!

How many people depend on football for their livelihoods.  A fair few but, compared to hospitality and tourism it is a drop in the ocean.

19 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

That smart arse QC with his "oot ra gemme" line really, really ****ing ripped my knitting. What a sad ***** of a bloke, and highly ****ing unprofessional. 

I believe NOW the judge knew which way it was going early on  but wasn't going to have some **** grandstanding in his court (more than it giving an indication it was in the balance). 

52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Doncaster looking even sillier now hardly any clubs are allowed fans down south and it’s pretty similar if not identical to the system we have up here 😆😂.

Here's the English clubs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073284

10 in EPL but only 2,000 allowed

34 in the other leagues

19 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Correct.

I'm getting angry about it again.

An opportunity for real vision and change was lost.

They chose to shite from a great height on a few clubs, now the trumpets realise it's them in the shite they are now all concerned about the greater good, ect blah blah.

A brief summary

The Utd Qc " oot the game"

"take your medicine"

"squealing like a pig "

bus fares saved

that Findlay arse got all his structures mixed up, didn't even know what ****in vote it was.

Lies about sky money

Dundee- the lost and changed votes

St mirren having a right  giggle about it all with daft wee tweets.

That Docasters smirk

Lawells' " rousing" speech.See the source image

and **** Aberdeen, hibs and Rangers too.

100%

Only Hearts

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Here's the English clubs

34 in the other leagues

Exactly... and how much extra income is being generated with these fans? Enough to stop clubs going under? I think not.

Dungcaster wants everyone back, right now, home and away fans... which we'll be lucky to have this time next year.

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Exactly... and how much extra income is being generated with these fans? Enough to stop clubs going under? I think not.

Dungcaster wants everyone back, right now, home and away fans... which we'll be lucky to have this time next year.

Dungcaster is only interested in getting the bigot brothers back into grounds

10 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Dungcaster is only interested in getting the bigot brothers back into grounds

Absolutely. The reality is that he couldn't give a monkeys about the other clubs in Scotland. What an 'organisation' we have here in Scotland. It's pathetic.

Which is why I think shellick are panicking big time. This latest episode looks and sounds desperate.

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Here's the English clubs

34 in the other leagues

I suppose 44 isn’t bad out of 92, Liverpool did well with the testing to get into a higher tier. With Xmas coming up I can see a few of those going back down a tier unfortunately. Will be weird to see 2k in these huge stadiums. 
Can’t see many fans getting into ground in the central belt until March at the earliest. Sincerely hope that’s not going to cause them any more problems, apart from the good guys obviously. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Absolutely. The reality is that he couldn't give a monkeys about the other clubs in Scotland. What an 'organisation' we have here in Scotland. It's pathetic.

Which is why I think shellick are panicking big time. This latest episode looks and sounds desperate.

Absolutely, probably why they can’t afford to get rid of Lennon either. Unless there’s a green brigade Xmas shopping boycott hahahahaha 😜😂😆

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, probably why they can’t afford to get rid of Lennon either. Unless there’s a green brigade Xmas shopping boycott hahahahaha 😜😂😆

Yep, you're probably right there (although they may get Holt cheaper)... the green brigade 🤣🤣🤣 what a stand up , salt of the earth, decent group of individuals they really are.

• Auditors understood to be looking into deal with Sky
  • League hopes to pay clubs by end of the year

...scottish press/media all over this... oh wait. No. It's from the Guardian.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Good point

Elgin are getting 220 fans in but no income as all season ticket holders. Will be same in England.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/elgin-city/2679583/elgin-city-plans-to-host-220-fans-for-cowdenbeath-match-approved-by-moray-council/amp/

The Old Tolbooth

When I saw this thread had resurfaced, I got my hopes up thinking that a diddy parasite club had went to the wall, I wish they'd hurry up ffs, I'm getting impatient! 

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...scottish press/media all over this... oh wait. No. It's from the Guardian. This bit is interesting...

"If the auditors are unhappy with that arrangement the SPFL may have to pay £1.5m to Sky more immediately and that could affect the plans to distribute money to clubs. Johnston Carmichael, the league’s auditor, has been approached for comment regarding its position and the Sky arrangements.

Pressed on whether the audit could result in clubs having a liability to the league, the SPFL spokesman said: “A variety of issues are still being finalised and will be clarified in the accounts, which are expected to be completed by the end of the calendar year.” In the previous two years, the SPFL accounts were published at companies house by mid-November."

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, you're probably right there (although they may get Holt cheaper)... the green brigade 🤣🤣🤣 what a stand up , salt of the earth, decent group of individuals they really are.

Shocking really, keep him until the final it would be be great to put the final nail in his coffin (metaphorically speaking). 

So its going to pan out the whistleblower was correct.

Surely Doncaster and co cant have much longer to go now. They gambled on this all being gone and blamed Hearts in the short term. The stupid club chairmen ate it all up. 

I think the perfect Scenario is we win the cup on the 20th, Doncaster gets his jotters on the 21st a double celebration.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Surely Doncaster and co cant have much longer to go now. They gambled on this all being gone and blamed Hearts in the short term. The stupid club chairmen ate it all up. 

I think the perfect Scenario is we win the cup on the 20th, Doncaster gets his jotters on the 21st a double celebration.

Pretty much... I like the bit where the article questions whether the SKY ramifications were made clear to all clubs! I don't recall dungcaster asking..." Vote to curtail the league and we'll give you your SKY cash... and then we'll take it all away again because we curtailed the league and have to pay it back!" FFS. How the fcuk do they get away with this!

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

Treble celebration as popcorn teeth would be gone too 🇱🇻🇱🇻

23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

What happened to the desperate need to get everything wrapped up and over the line so that the poor, needy clubs could get some money in?

It's almost as if it had all been hastily rushed through just to grant one shower of green tramps an 8.75 in a row and allow them maximum time to prepare for their almighty assault on the Champions League (snigger).

5 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

Treble celebration as popcorn teeth would be gone too 🇱🇻🇱🇻

That would be the icing on the cake.

Sacked and lynched by the green brigade. 

Hagar the Horrible

I just hope there is a scenario where we prove they lied to the court and lied at the arbitration and we end up back in court with access to all, I hope the money from the TV is delayed so clubs who voted for it go bust in a shakespearian tragedy that they so richly deserve....The irony would be spectacular that ven a Yank could understand

45 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Just a thought - I wonder if this is why dungcaster (and shellick) are soooo desperate to get all fans back to games. They need all clubs to start generating cash so that they can then take back the SKY money (they paid out after 'The Vote') to give back to SKY for curtailing last season? 🙄

The beeb and Tom English now catching up... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55091790

Edited by Rogue Daddy

18 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

What happened to the desperate need to get everything wrapped up and over the line so that the poor, needy clubs could get some money in?

It's almost as if it had all been hastily rushed through just to grant one shower of green tramps an 8.75 in a row and allow them maximum time to prepare for their almighty assault on the Champions League (snigger).

This farce summed up, in a nutshell. 

SectionDJambo

And if they had just finished the season after a pause in playing, as England, Germany and others managed to do, they wouldn’t have had any money to pay back.

But there could have been a delay to Celtic confirming their Champions League qualification, which would have been inconvenient for them. Better to inconvenience many other clubs instead.

The corruption of thought and acceptance of it, by most of the SPFL clubs, is just astonishing.

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Like all industries football will hook on to whichever government takes the optimal economic approach for them. 

Correct , up to a point .

Doesn't stop Doncaster's stance being both arrogant and insulting . Shame that , in general , this attitude is just accepted

Where to start with today's news. 

Technicalities of the accounts hide how the payments are set up. Genius QC Rod Mackenzie the author presumably. 

The fun might start now. 

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Where to start with today's news. 

Technicalities of the accounts hide how the payments are set up. Genius QC Rod Mackenzie the author presumably. 

The fun might start now. 

I think this news could be very telling. Coupled with their arrogant rants at the SG... all is definitely not well with the SPFL/shellick. Hopefully this the start of the end for the SPFL and it’s board. 
 A rebuild from the ground up is long overdue. 

Footballfirst

I posted some info on the Covid thread in "The Shed", but it is probably worth posting it here, as it could affect Hearts.

There is an ongoing but escalating Covid outbreak on the Heriot Watt Campus. It appears to be limited to the student halls at the moment but Hearts, the academy teams and others should be extremely careful to avoid all contact with students, e.g. shared dressing rooms, conditioning or other facilities with HWU football or other sports activities.

There are currently 67 students on campus who have tested positive and a further 151 are self isolating.

https://www.hw.ac.uk/coronavirus/daily-statistics.htm

Edited by Footballfirst

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I thought you had to have brains to be a student at university.

Surely one would be adequate?

3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Surely one would be adequate?

My mistake, braincells. One brain cell would appear to be adequate nowadays. 

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

And if they had just finished the season after a pause in playing, as England, Germany and others managed to do, they wouldn’t have had any money to pay back.

But there could have been a delay to Celtic confirming their Champions League qualification, which would have been inconvenient for them. Better to inconvenience many other clubs instead.

The corruption of thought and acceptance of it, by most of the SPFL clubs, is just astonishing.

This was explicitly mentioned as one of the reasons for winding up *with a declared winner* : they couldn't void the season (the clubs were told) because they then couldn't nominate a "winner" to play in the Champs league.  So you have to wonder what powers the SPFL were looking for in the event this season should be abandoned because they were adamant no way could it be voided last year. 

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This was explicitly mentioned as one of the reasons for winding up *with a declared winner* : they couldn't void the season (the clubs were told) because they then couldn't nominate a "winner" to play in the Champs league.  So you have to wonder what powers the SPFL were looking for in the event this season should be abandoned because they were adamant no way could it be voided last year. 

And that worked out well for Celtic. Out of the whole thing, including their Consolation Cup group, before Christmas.

Sometimes life can be sweet.

6 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

When I saw this thread had resurfaced, I got my hopes up thinking that a diddy parasite club had went to the wall, I wish they'd hurry up ffs, I'm getting impatient! 

👍

6 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Just a thought - I wonder if this is why dungcaster (and shellick) are soooo desperate to get all fans back to games. They need all clubs to start generating cash so that they can then take back the SKY money (they paid out after 'The Vote') to give back to SKY for curtailing last season? 🙄

The beeb and Tom English now catching up... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55091790

How shocking that any negative news in Scottish football involving certain factions is completely ignored by guys who are supposed to be - by the very definition of their jobs - all over events and happenings within the Scottish game, and only merits the merest mention in passing once a London based outfit has the temerity to bring it up first.

Do BBC Scotland and STV actually have any interest in reporting news or are they all under orders from Doncaster and his boss?

8 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

How shocking that any negative news in Scottish football involving certain factions is completely ignored by guys who are supposed to be - by the very definition of their jobs - all over events and happenings within the Scottish game, and only merits the merest mention in passing once a London based outfit has the temerity to bring it up first.

Do BBC Scotland and STV actually have any interest in reporting news or are they all under orders from Doncaster and his boss?

As has been said countless times on this thread, there is a real story out there going right back to that original vote but the media was too happy (or forced) to focus on Bad Hearts stopping Celtic getting their pathetic title. 

Fans have been back at Scottish football. 300 at Inverness last week and Ross County have had fans in at two games.

This is Doncaster once again being worked by his puppet master Lawell, who is desperate for supporters to be allowed back in at Celtic Park, not just hundreds or 2,000. Lawell will be after a minimum of 10,000.

Celtic are cursing that it is a SNP government in Holyrood.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Fans have been back at Scottish football. 300 at Inverness last week and Ross County have had fans in at two games.

This is Doncaster once again being worked by his puppet master Lawell, who is desperate for supporters to be allowed back in at Celtic Park, not just hundreds or 2,000. Lawell will be after a minimum of 10,000.

Celtic are cursing that it is a SNP government in Holyrood.

Tbf, the tories aren't allowing 10k plus into a ground either soon, are they?

As well as being against the health and science advice it would be political suicide if there were outbreaks after. 

Doncaster is having a complete mare with this. 

IMO almost every decision since day 1 of this has been against not only fairness and sporting integrity but basic Common sense. The last part is still holding true, the whole board must be on glue if they they think big crowds are returning soon. 

He's now setting up his deck to blame covid and the government. 

He couldn't repeat how many times it was the clubs and board members who made decisions earlier, the guy, like a tory cabinet minister blames everyone but himself and takes no accountability what so ever, actually maybe he has none.... 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As well as being against the health and science advice it would be political suicide if there were outbreaks after. 

IMO almost every decision since day 1 of this has been against not only fairness and sporting integrity but basic Common sense. The last part is still holding true, the whole board must be on glue if they they think big crowds are returning soon. 

He couldn't repeat how many times it was the clubs and board members who made decisions earlier, the guy, like a tory cabinet minister blames everyone but himself and takes no accountability what so ever, actually maybe he has none.... 

No they are not.

You have no idea of the very strong links between Celtic football club and the hierarchy of Scottish Labour.

Trust me if Scottish Labour ruled Holyrood, Celtic Park would be getting fans in.

17 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Scottish Media at their very best. A real story that affects every club from top to bottom and it’s ignored. 

if these concerns are played out It will show up Doncaster and his henchmen as being completely inept and untrustworthy. It’s becoming more and more obvious that the season was curtailed only to suit Celtic.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The thing is, this time last year nobody could have predicted that something this catastrophic would happen or how it would impact to the levels we are seeing. One thing is for certain, to steer any business like the 'good ship Scottish football' through something like a global pandemic - you require leaders, planners, clear thinking, clever, moral individuals that are capable of making difficult decisions for the collective good. Does this even remotely sound like anyone on the SPFL board? No, we get immoral, corrupt, greedy unintelligent wankers... that, TBH, have made things up on the hoof for the betterment of one club. There were cracks that us normals could clearly see, but I believe these cracks are now beginning to get much wider.

Dungcaster, like you say, is having a mare, he's getting his 'story' straight, blaming everyone else and becoming - through his tone - aggressive. Sounds like someone in panic to me. He's getting backed into a corner and I, personally, don't think it will be long until he's gone. Probably, more than likely, chucked under a bus by his puppet master.

Poppcorn time is coming.

FTSPFL FTSFA FTH

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

No they are not.

You have no idea of the very strong links between Celtic football club and the hierarchy of Scottish Labour.

Trust me if Scottish Labour ruled Holyrood, Celtic Park would be getting fans in.

I can't agree on thr last part tbh. 

The only Labour mp in Scotland for example is Hearts and very pro Brittish. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The thing is, this time last year nobody could have predicted that something this catastrophic would happen or how it would impact to the levels we are seeing. One thing is for certain, to steer any business like the 'good ship Scottish football' through something like a global pandemic - you require leaders, planners, clear thinking, clever, moral individuals that are capable of making difficult decisions for the collective good. Does this even remotely sound like anyone on the SPFL board? No, we get immoral, corrupt, greedy unintelligent wankers... that, TBH, have made things up on the hoof for the betterment of one club. There were cracks that us normals could clearly see, but I believe these cracks are now beginning to get much wider.

Dungcaster, like you say, is having a mare, he's getting his 'story' straight, blaming everyone else and becoming - through his tone - aggressive. Sounds like someone in panic to me. He's getting backed into a corner and I, personally, don't think it will be long until he's gone. Probably, more than likely, chucked under a bus by his puppet master.

Poppcorn time is coming.

FTSPFL FTSFA FTH

Correct. 

You'd have thought by at least August they'd have sorted it out. 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )