SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

"If the First Minister refuses to allow football fans all over Scotland to watch their beloved teams in carefully-regulated, limited numbers, complete with track and trace, she will have to explain to them the clinical difference between Scottish fans and English fans."

Perhaps the PM could explain that clinical difference ?

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

The bit missed from liewell/Doncaster is the allowance of fans into games in England is tier dependant. Up to 4000 in lowest tier and up to 2000 in second tier. None in highest tier. Iirc in Scotland the two lowest tiers can have fans so some differences but still similar

I think that's a great point!

Will anyone ask Doncaster this though?

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Tom English might as he has a brain.

But he will be accused of having an agenda against these turds.

I hope he does. Not least to hear the response.

35 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

They were too busy with their other scheming, during the summer, to give a thought to the possibility of Covid knocking out spectators attending for the entire season.

They could have reconstructed the league divisions, with clubs mothballing if they thought it best for their circumstances. The rest could have made up a couple of bigger divisions, with less games so more time to deal with postponements due to testing issues.

Did the Premiership clubs really think that they were going to have a normal season, with full grounds for the visits of the bigoted duo? Equally, did the Championship clubs really think that Hearts fans would be coming to fill their grounds?

Their spite and determination to hurt 3 clubs, and show nothing but self interest, blinded them to the possibility of what is coming to them.

We hardly see Doncaster these days. What he doing to justify his inflated salary for being a secretary?

As for Petrie and Dempster’s JRG 😂

Agree 100 percent. Even the sight of Doncaster and the Raith Chairman on the  BBC documentary on Monday restored my anger to quite unhealthy levels. ONLY HEARTS.

4 minutes ago, Boris said:

I hope he does. Not least to hear the response.

I know people like English. But when it really matters he's as much of the problem as everyone else covering the game here. Else he would be ostracized

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think there was a strong belief fans would be back in some way by October, hence why the old firm got pushed back as late as possible. 

In March / April yes, but surely tae **** by the time August came around it was clear there would be no large gatherings anytime soon. 

Thick as pig shit. 

They had the chance to make structural schange and plan for a worse case back in March time. 

They refused, clubs all looked after themselves and very few thought medium or longer term. 

As you say all hopes where pinned on big crowds returning, now that hope is gone they have no plan b so are flailing about desperately and will start to blame other folk. 

Utter shitehawks. 

Glamorgan Jambo

Doncaster et al have been belligerent and confrontational since the start of this crisis. Their attitude coupled with the lack of leadership shown over the early issues relating to Aberdeen and Celtic would result, IMO, in the SG having very little confidence in them. This is why Scottish football is on a pretty short leash these days. Which is a shame.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

In March / April yes, but surely tae **** by the time August came around it was clear there would be no large gatherings anytime soon. 

Thick as pig shit. 

They had the chance to make structural schange and plan for a worse case back in March time. 

They refused, clubs all looked after themselves and very few thought medium or longer term. 

As you say all hopes where pinned on big crowds returning, now that hope is gone they have no plan b so are flailing about desperately and will start to blame other folk. 

Utter shitehawks. 

You are forgetting ND is a very able man

27 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Perhaps the PM could explain that clinical difference ?

Two words : Green Brigade.

A bunch of clowns that have incurred the wrath of UEFA numerous (a dozen ?) times and who Celtic have been proven to be incapable of controlling even in Parkhead. 

The idea that Scottish football fans won't get pissed up, ignore social distancing in the  toilets & at the food kiosks is just laughable. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Doncaster must have something in his contract whereby he has to say something. 

He's not coming across very well. Is it his failure if fans don't get back in? 

It's his failure and the members failure to have planned for a worse cause scenerio. 

When they were all stamping on ours and Patrick's throats to get the sky money they never considered the pandemic lasting as long as it has. 

If clubs go bust it really is on them, short sighted doesn't do it justice. 

Media folk even had the audicity to criticise us as we dealt with the pandemic and forced demotion. Tits. 

No one cared about Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and the Highland clubs all being denied opportunity and in fact voted to make certain clubs worse off. 

Now that some might go bust they are whining like pigs. 

**** them all. 

Hibs spent money on transfer fees while advocating wage reductions. 

Rangers spent about £5m on transfers, Celtic the same. 

Dundee voted to promote their rivals and not have a chance at a play off. 

**** them all. 

Feel sorry for the clubs that voted for change and admin staff, but half of these clubs need to play at senior or junior level anyway, starting with that fudd's club who wanted to save bus fares and a packed lunch. ****ing idiot. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

A bunch of clowns that have incurred the wrath of UEFA numerous (a dozen ?) times and who Celtic have been proven to be incapable of controlling even in Parkhead. 

The idea that Scottish football fans won't get pissed up, ignore social distancing in the  toilets & at the food kiosks is just laughable. 

It's almost a question of stunted evolution

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wait! Is this the same Stenhousemuir twat who said at the start of the season they had budgeted for no fans and could just about survive?

Oh well. Chortle.

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

SPFL clubs could go bust in January, warns Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy, as the Scottish government is again urged to offer financial help. 

gutted for them , NOT .

totally against govt money being used to bail out clubs/chairmen 

Are the lower league clubs crying wolf just a little too often? As of now no club has filed for administration nor have the media really been suggesting club a, b or c is at the door of admin. 

Holyrood_Hearts
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's his failure and the members failure to have planned for a worse cause scenerio. 

When they were all stamping on ours and Patrick's throats to get the sky money they never considered the pandemic lasting as long as it has. 

If clubs go bust it really is on them, short sighted doesn't do it justice. 

Media folk even had the audicity to criticise us as we dealt with the pandemic and forced demotion. Tits. 

No one cared about Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer and the Highland clubs all being denied opportunity and in fact voted to make certain clubs worse off. 

Now that some might go bust they are whining like pigs. 

**** them all. 

Hibs spent money on transfer fees while advocating wage reductions. 

Rangers spent about £5m on transfers, Celtic the same. 

Dundee voted to promote their rivals and not have a chance at a play off. 

**** them all. 

Feel sorry for the clubs that voted for change and admin staff, but half of these clubs need to play at senior or junior level anyway, starting with that fudd's club who wanted to save bus fares and a packed lunch. ****ing idiot. 

Well said 👏🏻👏🏻

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That is why no Hearts fan should entertain these utter shitehawks when it comes to their PPV.

They can all go down the shitter as far as I'm concerned. 

Feck them all. Only Hearts.

Correct.

I'm getting angry about it again.

An opportunity for real vision and change was lost.

They chose to shite from a great height on a few clubs, now the trumpets realise it's them in the shite they are now all concerned about the greater good, ect blah blah.

A brief summary

The Utd Qc " oot the game"

"take your medicine"

"squealing like a pig "

bus fares saved

that Findlay arse got all his structures mixed up, didn't even know what ****in vote it was.

Lies about sky money

Dundee- the lost and changed votes

St mirren having a right  giggle about it all with daft wee tweets.

That Docasters smirk

Lawells' " rousing" speech.See the source image

and **** Aberdeen, hibs and Rangers too.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

They were too busy with their other scheming, during the summer, to give a thought to the possibility of Covid knocking out spectators attending for the entire season.

They could have reconstructed the league divisions, with clubs mothballing if they thought it best for their circumstances. The rest could have made up a couple of bigger divisions, with less games so more time to deal with postponements due to testing issues.

Did the Premiership clubs really think that they were going to have a normal season, with full grounds for the visits of the bigoted duo? Equally, did the Championship clubs really think that Hearts fans would be coming to fill their grounds?

Their spite and determination to hurt 3 clubs, and show nothing but self interest, blinded them to the possibility of what is coming to them.

We hardly see Doncaster these days. What he doing to justify his inflated salary for being a secretary?

As for Petrie and Dempster’s JRG 😂

Exactly. I could hardly hear the tv for laughing about the clubs going bust but 😆😂🤞🙏

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Correct.

I'm getting angry about it again.

An opportunity for real vision and change was lost.

They chose to shite from a great height on a few clubs, now the trumpets realise it's them in the shite they are now all concerned about the greater good, ect blah blah.

A brief summary

The Utd Qc " oot the game"

"take your medicine"

"squealing like a pig "

bus fares saved

that Findlay arse got all his structures mixed up, didn't even know what ****in vote it was.

Lies about sky money

Dundee- the lost and changed votes

St mirren having a right  giggle about it all with daft wee tweets.

That Docasters smirk

Lawells' " rousing" speech.See the source image

and **** Aberdeen, hibs and Rangers too.

100 percent this.

Also Alloa and their stupid “boycotting” jibes. Part one of payback was last night and the next instalment is coming soon.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Did the Premiership clubs really think that they were going to have a normal season, with full grounds for the visits of the bigoted duo?

Equally, did the Championship clubs really think that Hearts fans would be coming to fill their grounds?

1.  After October, absolutely, they thought they'd miss at worst 1 visit from one of the arse cheeks.

2. Yes, imo they firmly believed we'd roll up in our thousands and save them from a covid induced financial armageddon.

36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Are the lower league clubs crying wolf just a little too often? As of now no club has filed for administration nor have the media really been suggesting club a, b or c is at the door of admin. 

Attempts at emotional blackmail.

Knowing there's nowhere else to turn

38 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That is why no Hearts fan should entertain these utter shitehawks when it comes to their PPV.

They can all go down the shitter as far as I'm concerned. 

Feck them all. Only Hearts.

Absolutely.

There are some who will tell you that time heals all.

Never forget. That's why I would never again put a single penny into their coffers. as such PPV is a definite no go, no other replica kits, positively nothing that would go towards the SFA, SPFL or anything associated with the Glesga gangsters.

The sight of Donkey and the Raith bloke on the documentary the other night just brought it all back again.

SFA / SPFL = Depressing.  

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Attempts at emotional blackmail.

Knowing there's nowhere else to turn

I agree but how cringeworthy is it. Personally I hope the twat's correct and they start to go under early in the new year. 

21 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

100 percent this.

Also Alloa and their stupid “boycotting” jibes. Part one of payback was last night and the next instalment is coming soon.

Hopefully Alloa are one of first to go.

I followed Mulraney for a while.  His comments on Sportsound that football was being perjudiced against by the SG on political grounds was a political stunt, by him.

He despised the SG long before covid.

The only thing he likes about Scotland is the jollies his vice-presidency of the SFA provides him.

Alloa go bust before he takes over SFA, then his credentials are at risk.

Also, if I recall, someone on here has done work for him and communicated what a nasty piece of work he is.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not saying you are wrong but not what I was referring to .

Doncaster's arrogant assumption that , because it is being done in England , they must be right and we must be wrong .

Not being political

6 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Doncaster's arrogant assumption that , because it is being done in England , they must be right and we must be wrong .

Not being political

What's being done in England isn't so different to Scotland. 

Will be a lot more moaning in England after their new tiers are announced.

6 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Not being political

I understand the point and I'm not having a dig at you or any Scottish approach to Covid (given I don't live in Scotland). This comes down to the fact Scottish football fans can't be trusted to do the right thing. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I understand the point and I'm not having a dig at you or any Scottish approach to Covid (given I don't live in Scotland). This comes down to the fact Scottish football fans can't be trusted to do the right thing. 

It's the same pattern of England going a bit more open. 

Well Scotland's infections are generally a lot lower than England so we're doing okay. But the general approach is similar. There won't be many grounds allowed to have fans in England. Most grounds are within high infection rates. 

Scotland might be too cautious on fans but they are looking at travel etc too. 

What a pube Doncaster is.

hope he’s right and the death knell is approaching.  Thinking he can bully the FM 🤣🤣🤣. All he will do is piss her off. 
What an absolute ringpiece he is

3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think there was a strong belief fans would be back in some way by October, hence why the old firm got pushed back as late as possible. 

Ssshhhhh - you can't say that, Nookie.

Everyone knows it was the totally random, not-at-all pochled computer that came up with those fixtures.

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Everyone knows it was the totally random, not-at-all pochled computer that came up with those fixtures.

Of course 🤫

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

What a pube Doncaster is.

hope he’s right and the death knell is approaching.  Thinking he can bully the FM 🤣🤣🤣. All he will do is piss her off. 
What an absolute ringpiece he is

I wouldn’t be surprised if Douglas Ross is the one working Doncaster. He was suspected of coaching an SFA official for a tirade, on the radio, a while ago. He certainly has the political will to try to stir things up for Sturgeon and he’ll have a direct line to the SPFL hierarchy.

Thing is, Sturgeon usually reacts very badly to criticism and just digs her heels in. The SPFL also have previous for trying to blame the SG for something the SPFL, not the SG, did, namely the pause in our training. The SG will know that Doncaster and his cabal are slithery customers.

As Sturgeon says why can she allow special rules for football over say the hospitality industry? Pubs and restaurants are struggling and many will never reopen so should they not get grants as well as they are part of the fabric of society. It's wonderfully ironic that acting out of self interest actually made little difference as an empty ground is the same in every league and they sure have acquired an enemy in Partick and us who will play the long game to get back at them.

Dungcasters all over the place. Demanding this and that.  Sturgeon will be well aware that the fans he really wants back are absolute reptiles that can’t be trusted to wash their very own hands. There’s zero chance ibrox or parkhead are getting anyone back this season. Zero. And he’s kidding himself on if she’s allowing them to visit any away grounds. They will be last on her list and rightly so. 
the likes of Hamilton, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County, st Mirren etc will just have to take their medicine as they won’t get their old firm boaby this season that’s for sure.

only Hearts

16 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

SPFL clubs could go bust in January, warns Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy, as the Scottish government is again urged to offer financial help. 

gutted for them , NOT .

totally against govt money being used to bail out clubs/chairmen 

I'm sick of this idle speculation which merely serves to build my hopes up.

I want to see blood. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, john thomas said:

Not being political

Decent point that. 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

January is usually a gloomy month. A big festival of clubs who voted to hurt other clubs going bust would be lovely.

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's the same pattern of England going a bit more open. 

Well Scotland's infections are generally a lot lower than England so we're doing okay. But the general approach is similar. There won't be many grounds allowed to have fans in England. Most grounds are within high infection rates. 

Scotland might be too cautious on fans but they are looking at travel etc too. 

I'm sure I read that before England went into lockdown only Southampton and Brighton would qualify for 4,000 in the top league 

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, Boof said:

Good god Boof, thats a word I've not used in many a year. Might confuse the Geordie Mrs Saunders with it at 5 in the morning, that'll teach her.

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Dungcasters all over the place. Demanding this and that.  Sturgeon will be well aware that the fans he really wants back are absolute reptiles that can’t be trusted to wash their very own hands. There’s zero chance ibrox or parkhead are getting anyone back this season. Zero. And he’s kidding himself on if she’s allowing them to visit any away grounds. They will be last on her list and rightly so. 
the likes of Hamilton, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County, st Mirren etc will just have to take their medicine as they won’t get their old firm boaby this season that’s for sure.

only Hearts

Liked that,  well put 👌🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

34 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Good god Boof, thats a word I've not used in many a year. Might confuse the Geordie Mrs Saunders with it at 5 in the morning, that'll teach her.

Once you're done you should try the new word

From a couple of days ago (apologies if already posted)... but you’ve got love Ewan Murray. 
Showing up The Rag and their bias for all its worth. 

99694A18-2DC8-488E-B1BA-C06D3FFAABA8.jpeg

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

What's being done in England isn't so different to Scotland. 

Will be a lot more moaning in England after their new tiers are announced.

Unless I'm missing something surely we're discussing Doncaster moaning about SG taking a different tack from Westminster ?

I was complaining about the arrogant assumption that Westminster is right and SG is wrong

20 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Unless I'm missing something surely we're discussing Doncaster moaning about SG taking a different tack from Westminster ?

I was complaining about the arrogant assumption that Westminster is right and SG is wrong

Like all industries football will hook on to whichever government takes the optimal economic approach for them. 

As expected most football clubs in England are not getting fans in as most core areas are in Tier 3. 

London and Liverpool can get some fans in though bigger clubs might be more trouble than worth..

12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

only Hearts

can't be trusted to wash full stop.

no way is the FM going to bail out an industry which has some clubs throwing money at transfer fees

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As expected most football clubs in England are not getting fans in as most core areas are in Tier 3. 

London and Liverpool can get some fans in though bigger clubs might be more trouble than worth..

Maybe some will give priority to key workers. Not going to make them money but good PR etc

Hagar the Horrible

It just annoys me more and more, this mantra from these clowns who do have the full backing and control of the media to weaponise their agenda, Yes Football is struggling to survive as is equally all industries, but football is a special case!  It’s a special case because it already has £££££millions pumped into it.  It not the fault of the SG or the taxpayer that they over spent on wages, agent fees, blazers, bribes and whatever else that does not keep the money within the game.  I do expect Football to argue their case, but not by using the media to threaten democracy.  Just in case Doncaster even Trump is being evicted from the Whitehouse. Pay attention!

If Scottish Rugby had their TV deal and a sponsorship for 1 season, we could turn into the All Blacks, starting at grass roots.  Scottish football can’t even get goal posts in parks.

Pubs, restaurants, hairdressers and all sports excluding football are the priority; they are shut in case anybody has looked out the Hampden 6th floor window.  Pubs don’t pay their bar staff £15k per week and rely on sponsorship nor TV deals watching other people drink.  We can all kick a ball but we pay up front to watch their product.  A hairdresser paying 110% on wages compared to income, won’t last long and does not deserve a government hand-out either.  A few clubs going bust is sad, but thousands of Pubs, restaurants & hairdressers is a catastrophe!

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )