SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Captain Canada
26 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Keith Jackson says his ‘source’ from Hampden has said there will be no executive decision. I’ll leave the link but on my phone so I can’t copy the whole story. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-dealt-further-blow-spfl-22191688?2 

Oh well. If the very existence of member clubs being under threat and the financial health of the game as a whole aren't a big enough emergency, let the SPFL choose a different path and see how things go for them. 

I hope after this we refuse to deal with any 'journalists' who have just kept having a go without looking at what's actually happening. And that includes lifetime bans from Tynecastle. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I told you my predictions about reconstruction happening and I believe it will. There’s been a decent shift in our favour and the indicative vote is expected to be nearer 30 member clubs voting for reconstruction. I won’t post anything further other than.....

......the next big story to emerge will be the fallout at Hibs between Leanne Dempster and Ron the Con. One favours reconstruction, the other doesn’t and it’s causing a major rift between the two. 

A journalist is about to do a piece on this very soon. The tide is again turning again in our favour.

Keep that champagne on ice. It’s going to taste even better now. 
🍾🍾🍾🍾

I had a hunch that was afoot, after afew posters mentioning about it.  I didn't want to detract from anything else by claiming it might happen.

Anyway here's hoping.

🙌

3 hours ago, tightrope said:

When it comes down to it, we can hold our heads up high. Regardless of the outcome, we will never be h* bs, we will always be able to hold our heads high knowing that we have the moral, ethical and footballing high ground. FFS they are scum. Tossers to a man. To all the Hearts men and women, regardless of race colour or creed, I love you all. We are Hearts. FTH Gorgie rules. ****ing mutants the lot of them. I love you all. 😘

@tightrope  You should post more often.  I love your work.  :thumb:

38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Reading that a few things I would observe.

First that they say that they wont carry an executive decision to save Hearts. Thats a bit cute, as the executive decision if it was enacted would not be to save Hearts but to save the SPFL from a potentially damaging legal action which could cost clubs a lot of money, put the start of the season at risk and caused damage to whatever reputation the SPFL has left.

Secondly, it once more comes from a "source." I think its always telling when it does not have an official name to it. It means if the SPFL made an executive decision they and the Daily Record could if someone was to challenge them on the fact SPFL said no to it in the report that it was only a source, nothing official.

Thirdly, if I was the SPFL, I would want this to go through as an official vote rather than an executive decision. Executive decision is the last option on the table and if clubs thought that was going to be what happens if they vote no they will carry on voting no knowing that they can do it as a protest vote as it will be forced through. At the moment you want them to believe that they are the ones who have to make the decision and face up to the consequences.

Absolutely. If clubs don't want to save themselves from

i) not getting their Sky money in August

ii) a probable delay to the start of the season with full salaries but no income, and

iii) being on the end of a punitive damages claim which if lost might put them out of business

then all they need to do is vote no. 

The executive are not going to bail you out. 

Edited by stuart500

gashauskis9
47 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Keith Jackson says his ‘source’ from Hampden has said there will be no executive decision. I’ll leave the link but on my phone so I can’t copy the whole story. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-dealt-further-blow-spfl-22191688?2 

Keith Jackson starts every Hearts headline with “Hearts dealt further blow”.  Getting bored of the orange ****.  

2 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Vote would fail, but Doncaster would push that through.  Too much at stake in terms of his own head to allow 2 clubs to dictate the future for the other 40.

Especially when the two clubs in question are run by people with malignant personalities.

Let’s hope today (Monday) sees some positive news for Hearts fans everywhere especially Ann Budge!

2 hours ago, Soapy Soutar said:

If recon does happen one way or another lets not take our eye of the ball and forget all the feelings of injustice,hate and betrayal.

If this goes through its not because clubs suddenly feel for us and realise it was unfair,it will be because budge and our legal time have backed them into a corner.

I still will want blood,teams to burn,and tynecastle to have a poisonous atmosphere every game we play.

What so many have tried to do to us and said about us should never be forgotten.

It's tough to argue with any of that, especially when the vermin and Ross County come for a visit.

6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

But of course Ann has already confirmed we are going to court having consulted with our lawyers so we have not been told we have no chance.

Anyway my point was more aimed at MacGregor mouthing off that we had zero prospects of success So his QC told him. This is patently incorrect.

Partick and now us have advice that we have a case. That being the case opposition lawyers might say we will not definitely lose but that there is clear risk to the SPFL of losing.

From the quote in The Sun article I’m not convinced he has sought his own QC advice. It reads more to me like he has saw the original QC advice that was given to the SPFL. I can’t see why he would instruct his QC advice, for what purpose? He’s full of shite alright, but it’s shite that’s been fed to him from the SPFL.

"I would go with the QC advice I have seen which shows me that, unfair as it is, it was the only practical solution when you couldn't finish the leagues”.

"You never know with legal action but I've seen the evidence that gives me more than a degree of certainty.

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well we got another week of this infront of us then 

Was reading your old posts and you did call it that ND would not use his executive powers earlier on. Legal action then tomorrow? Hope so. Let’s get this show on the road. 

Edited by Goodfella

6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Mmmm. Your opinion (and experience?) of the law and lawyers differs from mine.

And given your outlook I’m sure all your opinions and experience will have been positive ones.

2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Indeed.  You just have to look at their posting history.  Joined KB on 26th Dec last year obviously to gloat after Hibs won the derby.  Then their first post is on the St.Mirren match day thread just before the league ended trying to rip the piss.  What a weirdo!😂

Seems really obvious and easy, doesn’t it? Reckon it should be just about the easiest role on the planet being a football forum moderator. 

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Fawlty Towers taken off TV but still plenty vermin on our screens tonight.

The rat traps have snagged a couple.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

She will jump ship soon and end up in another part of Scotland’s capital city. 

The Water of Leith?

Hungry hippo

I see the latest SPFL leak (as usual via Keith Jackson) a bit differently from posters who've commented on it so far.

Looks to me like it's putting the ball firmly in the court of the Premiership teams. Stating that the board will not save the day by using the powers takes away the comfort blanket from the likes of Ross County. The responsibility is with the clubs.

The message being that if this ends up in court it is the no voters that have put everyone there.

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do wonder if the SPFL has cut a deal with the championship clubs to provide them with more money this coming season, which suspect the Championship were using their position as blocking reconstruction to get.

Maybe that Premiership clubs will not apply for James Anderson money and therefore lower leagues share is increased?

36 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

The rat traps have snagged a couple.

Good. Keep taking a hardline against these ****ers and I’ll donate a fiver for each of the years since I stopped subscribing (which was because these ***** were all over the place).  

If this whole shitshow has shown one thing, it’s that these ****ers should get no leeway. 

52 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Maybe that Premiership clubs will not apply for James Anderson money and therefore lower leagues share is increased?

Can't see how that would work, they are capped at £50k each.

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah until egm 

Are you saying no legal action until the AGM or just pointing out the timescale if reconstruction is to be agreed by the clubs?

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

Are you saying no legal action until the AGM or just pointing out the timescale if reconstruction is to be agreed by the clubs?

An EGM is at much.shorter notice than an AGM.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, kila said:

So the way this pans out, it could be Hibs voting to pass this meaning their fans end up boycotting the semi final?

Hibs fans boycotting their own team because they didn't vote to send us down would be the final proof, as if any more is needed, that an element of that support is much more bothered about us than their own team.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

Can't see how that would work, they are capped at £50k each.

I think a club can donate to another to help them with testing. Probably not. 

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

She will jump ship soon and end up in another part of Scotland’s capital city. 

No thanks I don't want her anywhere near Tynecastle. 

.net now coming (sort of) to the realisation that Exectutive Powers do exist. However they arent quite grasping it yet. Some are saying if the SPFL went against the vote and used them they would be mad. As it would be breaking the rules...

GorgieRules22
22 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

.net now coming (sort of) to the realisation that Exectutive Powers do exist. However they arent quite grasping it yet. Some are saying if the SPFL went against the vote and used them they would be mad. As it would be breaking the rules...

I had a little look on that earlier, not the brightest bunch are they 🤪

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

SJ doesn't believe we have been played and at the moment, I am happy to go along with what he says. As a minimum, it helps me sleep easier.

Wish I could sleep, a bit of the D Day today fingers crossed for some good news either on vote or court !!  Les Gary is live on Plz soccer at 4pm so might get some insight after the indicative farce of a vote is issued. 

10am for the votes to be in for the fake vote. Doomed to fail as they will want to see how big a brown envelope they can get...

IveSeenTheLight
18 hours ago, milky_26 said:

look at the picture in the tweet, they have as an example st mirren in 10th winning the cup (and EL place) and aberdeen in 3rd getting a conference place then a playoff from 4th to 7th

Aye, fair enough.

So if a top 7 team win (let’s say Celtic going by recent years), then 3rd gets the EL1 spot and remains a play off between 4th and 7th.

Looks good to me then

15 minutes ago, Derek From Stenhouse said:

10am for the votes to be in for the fake vote. Doomed to fail as they will want to see how big a brown envelope they can get...

Probably. 

I was confident. Not so much now.

Bring. On. The. Court.

queensferryjambo
10 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I told you my predictions about reconstruction happening and I believe it will. There’s been a decent shift in our favour and the indicative vote is expected to be nearer 30 member clubs voting for reconstruction. I won’t post anything further other than.....

......the next big story to emerge will be the fallout at Hibs between Leanne Dempster and Ron the Con. One favours reconstruction, the other doesn’t and it’s causing a major rift between the two. 

A journalist is about to do a piece on this very soon. The tide is again turning again in our favour.

Keep that champagne on ice. It’s going to taste even better now. 
🍾🍾🍾🍾

I get the feeling Ron the Con thinks if we go down and he keeps the green franchise of Edinburgh everyone in Edinburgh including Hearts fans will flock to see Hibs?

1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

I get the feeling Ron the Con thinks if we go down and he keeps the green franchise of Edinburgh everyone in Edinburgh including Hearts fans will flock to see Hibs?

Me too,     think he naively sees this as a real opportunity to grow Hibs at the expense of Hearts and see a good return on his 'investment'.    To be fair LD probably knows this is fantasy but is struggling to get it into his head judging by done if the comments on here. 

Tommy Brown

From this mornings Herald

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18516680.spfl-reconstruction-vote-everything-need-know/

Clubs have until 10am this morning to submit their ballots (stop me if you think you’ve heard this one before) and then the results will be published.

It’s important to stress that this is only an indicative vote, meaning that clubs are simply giving an impression of how they would vote should a formal resolution be put forward.

In order for the vote to be successful, there are a number of thresholds that must be met.

In the Premiership, 11 of the 12 clubs must vote in favour.

Between the top two divisions, 17 must back the proposal and overall, 32 of the 42 SPFL members need to support the proposal.

Edited by Tommy Brown

The Real Maroonblood

One paper this morning.

SPFL “We won’t bend the rules to save Hearts.”

Ffs they’ve already done that to eject us.

Scumbags.

Tommy Brown

Also from my link above:-

In the Premiership, an expanded league would not only dilute the prize money on offer to its participants but would also increase the probability of relegation for clubs in the bottom half of the table. It is understood that a minimum of two teams would be relegated each season under the proposed format, which will likely lead to clubs that believe they will be there or thereabouts next season to reject it, and only two top-flight teams need to knock back the proposal for it to fail.

This has been clouded over a bit and rarely mentioned.

IMO opinion it should be as before, 1 automatic + 1 play-off

SectionDJambo
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Excellent points made about the stability and security that clubs require to have the time and patience to bring up young players to the required standard to give them a chance to succeed, and also support their local communities by employment and social initiatives.

This fascination that clubs and the media have with not having “meaningless games” is creating a cut throat environment which is doing Scottish football more harm than good. A club, generally, cannot risk having a poor season anymore, knowing that they may not get the chance to then recover to do better the next season, without major upheaval and the heartbreak of making non playing employees redundant.  

Life is completely different to the days of the old 18 team leagues. Job security was much greater then. There was less financial pressure on people. Less fashionable Scottish clubs did quite well playing in European competitions.

How long since we qualified for an international tournament? How long since any Scottish club made a serious dent in European competition?

Not suggesting returning to an 18 team league, but some kind of increase must be better than the senseless model that is currently degrading our football, and making rival fans wish failure on clubs, rather than just a lack of success.

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

One paper this morning.

SPFL “We won’t bend the rules to save Hearts.”

Ffs they’ve already done that to eject us.

Scumbags.

This type of mindset is just shit its not about saving Hearts its about doing the right thing and doing something a bit more interesting with the league ( personally hoped things had changed even more ).Not one single team should be punished for Coronavirus.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )