SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

She can shite on my chest if she wants

Well, there's a picture I didn't want to see in my head. If I don't sleep well tonight, you will be held responsible.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

John Findlay
37 minutes ago, kila said:

So the way this pans out, it could be Hibs voting to pass this meaning their fans end up boycotting the semi final?

De ja vu 2006

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well, there's a picture I didn't want to see in my head. If I don't sleep well tonight, you will be held responsible.

Look, I'm no saying I'd enjoy it, but she'll have earnt the right, surely we can agree on that.

Nighty night!

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Plenty Hearts fans in the media. Almost all keeping quiet. I'm pretty sure Linekar would be up in arms if Leicester was relegated with 8 games to go and no other options being discussed.

Quite disappointed in them tbh, their silence over something so unfair says a lot. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

🤣

Doncaster telling Sky "I'm afraid the league start is postponed for the moment because of legal action but we're willing to give you the TV rights of the court"

And another £7m of games for free... 

So if the indicative vote is 9-3 in the Premiership and there is sufficient support elsewhere can someone propose an agenda item to the EGM to be taken immediately before the substantive vote to change the voting system so that the threshold is 75% in the Premiership?

If the upshot of all this is:

Hearts are back in the Premiership with a united fanbase and Levein gone...

Hibs are all over the place, with their fans queuing up to get season tickets refunded and Dempster offski...

The duopoly is finally broken and maybe just maybe Neil Doncaster forced to resign...

That would  be a pretty good Christmas.

33 minutes ago, Scunnered One said:

Just asking...but where is the finance coming from to pay for (what will undoubtedly be) a hugely expensive legal case with no guaranteed return?

This isn't in my eyes a shoe-in that we will win.

I obviously hope I'm wrong - but there's factors at force that the clubs have voted on that look pretty binding on paper.

I'm no sure you are being serious.   The money is relatively small compared to the potential losses for us so from a risk perspective (as you can tell from real supporters),  we're all backing it 100% as is the club.  Conversely,  the business case and risk appetite from other clubs to say no to recon and defend this in  court case,  it just doesn't stack up.     There is no business sense in clubs voting against recon and preferring to face this court,  none.   We might be seeing ego driven posturing from certain chairmen but whether it's tomorrow or needs a few more days with more time to think about the ramifications,  they're not going to take on the potential risks of a legal defence when weighing it up against the rather obvious option of recon.

Edited by Gmcjambo

Class of 75
28 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

If recon does happen one way or another lets not take our eye of the ball and forget all the feelings of injustice,hate and betrayal.

If this goes through its not because clubs suddenly feel for us and realise it was unfair,it will be because budge and our legal time have backed them into a corner.

I still will want blood,teams to burn,and tynecastle to have a poisonous atmosphere every game we play.

What so many have tried to do to us and said about us should never be forgotten.

With you on that one my friend. 👍

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I'm no sure you are being serious.   The money is relatively small compared to the potential losses for us so from a risk perspective (as you can tell from real supporters),  we're all backing it 100% as is the club.   Conversely,  the business case and risk appetite from other clubs to say no to recon and face a court case just doesn't stack up.     There is no business sense in clubs voting against recon and preferring to face this court,  none.   We might be seeing ego driven posturing from certain chairmen but whether it's tomorrow or needs a few more days with more time to think about the ramifications,  they're not going to take on the potential risks of a legal defence when weighing it up against the rather obvious option of recon.

He isn't serious, he is vermin.

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

So if the indicative vote is 9-3 in the Premiership and there is sufficient support elsewhere can someone propose an agenda item to the EGM to be taken immediately before the substantive vote to change the voting system so that the threshold is 75% in the Premiership?

Hibs are all over the place, with their fans queuing up to get season tickets refunded and Dempster offski...

The duopoly is finally broken and maybe just maybe Neil Doncaster forced to resign...

We are struggling to get 11 teams to vote for recon and you think a way of getting around this would be to get 11 teams to back a vote structure change in order to get league recon through easier? And you failed to spot the major flaw in your thinking?

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Why do you think it is 9-3. We are led to believe it is 10-2, with our neighbours and RC the two against. 

maroonsgotop
43 minutes ago, kila said:

So the way this pans out, it could be Hibs voting to pass this meaning their fans end up boycotting the semi final?

that would be the perfect Hibsing it especially if they also hand back their STs  as well 😂😂😂😂😂 👍

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I'm no sure you are being serious.   The money is relatively small compared to the potential losses for us so from a risk perspective (as you can tell from real supporters),  we're all backing it 100% as is the club.   Conversely,  the business case and risk appetite from other clubs to say no to recon and face a court case just doesn't stack up.     There is no business sense in clubs voting against recon and preferring to face this court,  none.   We might be seeing ego driven posturing from certain chairmen but whether it's tomorrow or needs a few more days with more time to think about the ramifications,  they're not going to take on the potential risks of a legal defence when weighing it up against the rather obvious option of recon.

The guy you are responding to is a sniveling, snottery  in-bred hibs supporter.  

Just now, hughesie27 said:

We are struggling to get 11 teams to vote for recon and you think a way of getting around this would be to get 11 teams to back a vote structure change in order to get league recon through easier? And you failed to spot the major flaw in your thinking?

If they'll no give us a tenner, we could ask them for two fives...

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

He isn't serious, he is vermin.

I know,   I'm being too polite I guess but no need for me to use emotion when the facts are so glaringly obvious to be fair :)

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

There's a flaw😀

maroonsgotop
41 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I was told a few months that LD was moving on from Hibs - as you say they don’t see eye to eye. 

She certainly taken a big seat in all things Hibs since Gordon came on board. 

maybe a move to Celtic

Just now, Independence said:

.....she is a Sevco fan. Not likely.

Also not sure she and wee Lenny would be too happy to see one another

Fluorescent Adolescent

Would maybe delete that one if I am honest.

Na.

Stand by it.

The Future's Maroon

Would maybe delete that one if I am honest.

Yip I would too!

No longer active
19 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

She can shite on my chest if she wants

Seriously weird ! Do you live out by the airport ?

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Fair point.

It's just for once Celtic and Rangers both want reconstruction so might be desperate enough to change the voting system so they get to play in Europe etc.

All other clubs should be up for a permanent change in the voting system.

The clubs who are against reconstruction - Hibs, Ross County and possibly Hamilton - are under huge pressure to change their minds. Voting to change the voting system allows them to vote for reconstruction safe in the knowledge it will still go through and they won't be held responsible for a multi million pound compensation claim.

OK it's not going to happen but there was a bit of logic to my thinking somewhere in there!

50 minutes ago, Scunnered One said:

That kind of screws the 11-1 vote that's required.

I honestly think that we're pissing against the wind. I'm not 100% convinced that we'll even win a court case as ND and his cohorts will have every legal base covered and I fear it will be good money ill-spent.

What a mess!!!

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 hibs as ****.. did you miss the part when just one of our benefactors recently donated 3.25million our of the good of his hearts 

🤣😂 Not any effort to hide the hibsness eh! 

ND having anything covered? 😂🤣 Do me a favour. The guy is an absolute numpty. Anyone associated with the SPFL - ditto. 

It is a mess - I’ll grant you that. A mess the SPFL singlehandedly caused by rushing through their nonsensical initial proposal.

Now we will sit back, relax and watch our club either be rightfully reinstated or take the SPFL to court causing other clubs all kinds of problems.
4BEB1BF8-6A8B-4EB2-A29D-DF96A7C0031A.gif.2d9419da0cedf7bb8acb5f3975d75a0a.gif

😁🇱🇻

Just now, George Cowie said:

Seriously weird ! Do you live out by the airport ?

You comim roond like?

Save us fi demotion n I'll give you a post code!

Sicko.

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

It’s been quoted about five times!

:biggrin:

Saughtons next t-shirt I reckon!!

Edited by TheBigO

Just now, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

Accept my apologies 

Makes no odds to me.  :) 

The Verminator
29 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

LD is a rangers fan, as for politics no chance, she has a sales/marketing background, was a friend of a friend and was at a Rangers game abroad with him and a few others a good 10 years ago.

I`m sure I read somewhere that she was actually a season ticket holder at Ibrox - anyone else remember that?

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Only ever posted what been told in this thread buddy and things have been changing on a daily basis over the last few weeks but crunch time coming now 

Yeah, from what I’m hearing the pressure is taking its toll on a few clubs. Interesting few days ahead by the sounds of things.

CF11JamTart
4 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

I`m sure I read somewhere that she was actually a season ticket holder at Ibrox - anyone else remember that?

She was on with Cosgrove and Cowan a while ago. Totally upfront about being a Rangers season ticket inthe past.

The Verminator
1 minute ago, CF11JamTart said:

She was on with Cosgrove and Cowan a while ago. Totally upfront about being a Rangers season ticket inthe past.

That`s it - knew I knew it from somewhere!

maroonsgotop
26 minutes ago, Independence said:

.....she is a Sevco fan. Not likely.

yup, didn't know that. Rangers bound then 😁

22 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Fair point.

It's just for once Celtic and Rangers both want reconstruction so might be desperate enough to change the voting system so they get to play in Europe etc.

All other clubs should be up for a permanent change in the voting system.

The clubs who are against reconstruction - Hibs, Ross County and possibly Hamilton - are under huge pressure to change their minds. Voting to change the voting system allows them to vote for reconstruction safe in the knowledge it will still go through and they won't be held responsible for a multi million pound compensation claim.

OK it's not going to happen but there was a bit of logic to my thinking somewhere in there!

Weeks ago Les Gray was on Sportsound saying with his SPFL hat on, he would want temporary reconstruction but his Hamilton board hat on, permanent.  Doncaster has written to clubs now asking if they are prepared to agree with the board that there should be a new 'permanent' restructure of 14-10-10-10.  I'd be pretty confident Hamilton are in the pro camp as long as it's one up, one down and the play offs as is.

Edit - and as we have seen, nothing is permanent.  If 36 or 40 games plus play off is really crap it can be changed.  With a huge amount of difficulty mind.

Edited by DETTY29

5 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Keith Jackson says his ‘source’ from Hampden has said there will be no executive decision. I’ll leave the link but on my phone so I can’t copy the whole story. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-dealt-further-blow-spfl-22191688?2 

let’s hope he never sets foot inside Tynecastle again. Him and his ilk have been all over us like a rash since the start of the pandemic.

Forget other clubs the Record and the Sun are our enemies. 

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Keith Jackson says his ‘source’ from Hampden has said there will be no executive decision. I’ll leave the link but on my phone so I can’t copy the whole story. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-dealt-further-blow-spfl-22191688?2 

I’m no sure why they employ that *****.

Does he actually do any reporting ?

The Verminator
9 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

I`m getting the feeling that executive powers wont be needed!!

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Reading that a few things I would observe.

First that they say that they wont carry an executive decision to save Hearts. Thats a bit cute, as the executive decision if it was enacted would not be to save Hearts but to save the SPFL from a potentially damaging legal action which could cost clubs a lot of money, put the start of the season at risk and caused damage to whatever reputation the SPFL has left.

Secondly, it once more comes from a "source." I think its always telling when it does not have an official name to it. It means if the SPFL made an executive decision they and the Daily Record could if someone was to challenge them on the fact SPFL said no to it in the report that it was only a source, nothing official.

Thirdly, if I was the SPFL, I would want this to go through as an official vote rather than an executive decision. Executive decision is the last option on the table and if clubs thought that was going to be what happens if they vote no they will carry on voting no knowing that they can do it as a protest vote as it will be forced through. At the moment you want them to believe that they are the ones who have to make the decision and face up to the consequences.

bigsuperslim1874
7 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Jackson is a tosser. WE have been dealt a further blow? What about Thistle, Stranraer, Brora and Kelty....bloody hate the media using us as the only ones in this. Succulent lamb munching orc. 🤬

No longer active
24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You comim roond like?

Save us fi demotion n I'll give you a post code!

Sicko.

It’s alright- I know your address EH12 9GF

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

He just seems like a massive bellend. Every time I get hopeful he releases another blast of negativity. 

1 hour ago, The Verminator said:

I`m getting the feeling that executive powers wont be needed!!

I hope so mate. 

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

If Jackson doesn't name his source, then it can safely be assumed the source is just a voice in his head. The man hasn't reported anything but shit for the last 10 years. He isn't a journalist, he is a *****.

6 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The way the club has been treated since March by fellow clubs, ex professionals, the media and Neil Doncaster and co is absolutely disgusting. 

The time to fight back is now.

If the club come calling for support in legal fees to fight this we have to stand up and be counted again.

What will be will be, but no Hearts fan should ever forget this, ever.

Only Hearts in future.

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What will be will be, but no Hearts fan should ever forget this, ever.

Only Hearts in future.

League reconstruction or not those that voted to damage us i’ll never give another penny and that includes Scottish cup matches.

All money that i used to spend on away matches will be donated to FOH.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts won't be suing the clubs. They will be suing the Limited company commonly known as the SPFL.

That company generates its income mainly through sponsorship and TV deals.  That would be the source of any financial award granted in Hearts favour.

Each club only holds a single share in the SPFL with a nominal value of £1. That is the extent of their individual liability should the SPFL be unable to meet its liabilities. If that was the case, then the SPFL itself would become insolvent and, in all probability, a new football league would be formed to which the clubs would join. The new league would also have to seek recognition by the SFA and UEFA.  

That should provide the appropriate amount of fiber to the SPFL in the morning!

15 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

It's hard to believe but this prick has won the best sports writer award in Scotland more than once. So it shows just how good sporting journalism is in Scotland if this is the best. Mind you there may well be a bit of cheating goes on in their world as well as the SPFL world

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )