SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

10 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

UEFA have already said nations could lose european places if they dont play leagues to a finish so there is no way the sfa, or celtic for that matter, would allow this to happen.

Only 8 leagues games to play and 2 more rounds of the cup.

I'd imagine the league will start up again in june, play sat-wed-sat and the league is over by end of june. July off and start again in August. Simple!

You’re as bad a UEFA. There won’t be any football played in this country until August at the earliest. And even then it’ll be behind closed doors for the first 2 months of resumption. 

Play the season out. Take a short winter break. Resume mid February and switch to summer football

Given what UEFA have said in their letter, there is no chance of the season being ‘called’ or null and voided. That would jeopardise the forthcoming 2 champions league places and Celtic and Rangers won’t tolerate anything that even has a slim chance of excluding them from Europe 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

36 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The govt has just bought 3.5m fingerprick testing kits. The SFPL or clubs can surely get in 100 kits per fixture. Better that than Hearts being relegated now, no? The clubs will just have to organise their own medical response, possibly stagger kick off times if the same personnel need to cover each game. 

arent those the anitbody testing kits? so they would only be of use to determine if someone had previously had it rather than if they currently had it

Just now, milky_26 said:

arent those the anitbody testing kits? so they would only be of use to determine if someone had previously had it rather than if they currently had it

Don't ruin the big plan dude.

RobbofordGHC

Promote Dundee Utd. Hamilton, Hearts, Inverness and Dundee play off for the 1 remaining place. Do the same down through the leagues.

Just now, RobbofordGHC said:

Promote Dundee Utd. Hamilton, Hearts, Inverness and Dundee play off for the 1 remaining place. Do the same down through the leagues.

Just one problem - they can't play any football for several months.

11 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

UEFA have already said nations could lose european places if they dont play leagues to a finish so there is no way the sfa, or celtic for that matter, would allow this to happen.

I'd imagine the league will start up again in june, play sat-wed-sat and the league is over by end of june. July off and start again in August. Simple!

UEFA have no control over Covid 19.

They can make all the demands they like but if governments say we can't play football then tough. 

2 hours ago, Werner Herzog said:

Weirdly, I'd prefer getting relegated this way than playing out the season & it happening on the pitch.

If that happens, so be it. It would be grotesquely unfair, but also a huge motivational tool for the coming years. 

That's not weird. I'd be surprised if anyone would choose the other way.

2 facts for everyone. There will be no more games played to finish the season. Hearts will not get relegated.

Finish the season whenever that may be and adjust new season to different restart months..

June-July:squeeze in remaining league games and cup.

Aug-Sep as above drop league cup or make it

Knockout comp from the start 

Oct-Nov play out remaining games. Start new season in Jan 2021 Scottish cup and 22 game league season (everyone plays twice) or introduce summer football play new season March-December 

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

2 facts for everyone. There will be no more games played to finish the season. Hearts will not get relegated.

These seem like the most sensible posts

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

The govt has just bought 3.5m fingerprick testing kits. The SFPL or clubs can surely get in 100 kits per fixture. Better that than Hearts being relegated now, no? The clubs will just have to organise their own medical response, possibly stagger kick off times if the same personnel need to cover each game. 

Football really isn't that important at the moment. 

Football, theatre, live concerts and other major events will be rightly be cancelled until this virus is no longer a danger to the public. 

UEFA  will just have to lump it. 

11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

My thoughts too.

7 minutes ago, Jee said:

That article is a pail of hens pish.

Fact.

:greggy:

Hens don't pish, so not sure how that affects your statement..

Belgium has a complicated play off system but after 80% of the regular season games Cercle Brugge were 9 points adrift.  5 games later they are 3rd bottom, 3 points clear of bottom.

Ram anyone saying Hearts are shite and would be relegated anyway.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Relegating Hearts would also effectively take automatic promotion off the agenda for other Championship clubs next season as well, so they may well not be in favour eg. Dundee don't get to compete in play offs this season and know that play offs are the best they can hope for next season as well.

Yeah fair point, if they get to vote on one hand they have the producer of two full houses next season but less chance of coming up. 

David McCaig
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah fair point, if they get to vote on one hand they have the producer of two full houses next season but less chance of coming up. 

If we were relegated based on a whole SPFL vote, I'm not sure I'd be in that much of a hurry to deliver that full house for them!!

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Relegating Hearts would also effectively take automatic promotion off the agenda for other Championship clubs next season as well, so they may well not be in favour eg. Dundee don't get to compete in play offs this season and know that play offs are the best they can hope for next season as well.

That’s a bit confident, considering how powderpuff our squad is, how unlikely it is that DS would stay and how hated our players are right now anyway. 

Smoked-Glass

Heard an idea that we could do away with the league Cup and remove replays for Scottish Cup so as to ease fixture congestion. 

David McCaig
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

That’s a bit confident, considering how powderpuff our squad is, how unlikely it is that DS would stay and how hated our players are right now anyway. 

I know we've been awful but the standard in the Championship is truly woeful.  Anything less than a 90 point season would be a poor effort.

For goodness sake its a semi part-time league and no Rangers or Hibs next season.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Heard an idea that we could do away with the league Cup and remove replays for Scottish Cup so as to ease fixture congestion. 

That also means removing income!!

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

If we were relegated based on a whole SPFL vote, I'm not sure I'd be in that much of a hurry to deliver that full house for them!!

Me neither.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Said that a while ago. Personally I would remove international football until the beginning of 2021 as well. 

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Simple you say. Playing again in June.

Jesus wept. What planet are you on ?

Sorry to be so blunt but get real mate.

The lockdown is expected to be relaxed in may so not beyond the realms of possibility. 

Playing the games behind closed doors would be another way to get the season finished. So it's not a rediculous suggestion to think the season could be completed by the end of june. 

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The lockdown is expected to be relaxed in may so not beyond the realms of possibility. 

Playing the games behind closed doors would be another way to get the season finished. So it's not a rediculous suggestion to think the season could be completed by the end of june. 

8 games in June + time for players to get back to match fitness... Utter pie in the sky!!!

tokyowalnut
12 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

No chance, in my opinion. Games behind closed doors can't happen because of the emergency services being needed elsewhere!! Football will right at the bottom of the list of priorities when it comes to emergency services, rightly so. 

Football has to take a back seat and be patient.

Apart from the social aspect of going to the games, I can't say I'm missing football that much.

Where have you read that the lockdown will be relaxed in May? The situation changes day to day.

Edited by tokyowalnut

annushorribilis III
14 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-ready-declare-celtic-champions-21810379

It’s understood several smaller nations are ready to throw the problem straight back at UEFA by demanding interest free loans to cover their costs until football emerges from the coronavirus pandemic. However, that is not a stance the SPFL are willing to adopt as they forge on with plans to call the season as soon as their legal advice allows, handing Celtic the title and relegating Hearts.

AB, please get the Gofundme page for the clubs legal fees started. 

24 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It’s sheer fantasy.

You’ll get there eventually as the weeks pass.

annushorribilis III
12 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Got a link ? 

Is the talk of a 14 team league next season a genuine option or just wishful thinking by some on here?

Are fans of other clubs or other national leagues discussing it also?

1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

I agree 👍

Just now, Anderson5 said:

Is the talk of a 14 team league next season a genuine option or just wishful thinking by some on here?

Are fans of other clubs or other national leagues discussing it also?

I don’t think there’s any chance the clubs will vote through a quick fire league reconstruction.  It wouldn’t benefit enough Prem clubs. 

Central Belt 1874
44 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Who and where is it being said the lockdown will be relaxed in May?

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I don’t think there’s any chance the clubs will vote through a quick fire league reconstruction.  It wouldn’t benefit enough Prem clubs. 

Surely that would mean we get relegated then because they ain’t going to null and void it.

Sportsound basically saying that the over whelming feeling coming from the chairmans

of the clubs is to call the season as it stands. 

Id imagine this is why Budge has decided to appear on sportsound. I imagine she’ll be ramping up our noise around legal action if we are relegated. 

Edited by busby1985

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Surely that would mean we get relegated then because they ain’t going to null and void it.

I think they will void relegation this season. 

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Said that a while ago. Personally I would remove international football until the beginning of 2021 as well. 

Good idea.  Delay the Nations League. 

Also get some unaffected club games played on these international weekends at the same time. 

The playoffs will already be moved to 2021.   

Remove the winter break too. 

Add in a couple of extra mid week rounds as well. 

Having thought about it, I'd accept relegation in that we go down, providing that the SPFL cover all our losses and lost revenue while we are down there. Seems fair. 

I think we fans have done enough to keep our club in business, but should we get relegated, and this naturally leads to legal action by us, then I'd be happy to contribute to a fighting fund for court expenses. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Having thought about it, I'd accept relegation in that we go down, providing that the SPFL cover all our losses and lost revenue while we are down there. Seems fair. 

That will form part of the legal proceedings.    Either to prevent the decision to relegate.    If that can't be done then pursue damages.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Testing players before games aye?

giphy.gif

They can do it at the drive through at Macdonalds 😜

Bazzas right boot

Folk thinking football will be played in June need to get a grip. 

Even if the pandemic is retreating (which in many countries it won't), players contracts are a massive issue. 

Players health another, 1 player gets it then that's that team and the last team they played out the window. 

Players insurance. 

Local authorities and governments won't be prioritising football. 

Wimbledon cancelled, Edinburgh Festival cancel, Olympics cancelled... 

Even the European finals have been cancelled, if they can't be played how can domestic leagues? 

Fantasy stuff by the footballing powers. 

Football authorities looking clueless in thier attempts to apeases sponsorship and TV companies. 

Absolute shit show by them tbh in the context of a collapsing economy and rising death toll they  look detached from all reality. 

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's what will happen Paulp. It may be mid -late June because the players will need a pre -season first, but, yes, I agree, it will start again and finish before the new season is scheduled to start. The idea that the country can sustain an indefinite lockdown is for the birds. Scientists don't understand the devastation that will be caused to jobs, businesses and the economy. The country has to get back, as far as possible, to normal and the people will not obey, never mind support, a prolonged lockdown. We should be able to squeeze a couple of Hampden appearances in before August too👍

👍 for your optimism Enzo but personally think there’s not a chance that football will start in late May or early June. It’s way down the priority list that government will have for lifting restrictions. Schools for instance would be a higher priority - can you see schools back next month?  

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Folk thinking football will be played in June need to get a grip. 

Even if the pandemic is retreating (which in many countries it won't), players contracts are a massive issue. 

Players health another, 1 player gets it then that's that team and the last team they played out the window. 

Players insurance. 

Local authorities and governments won't be prioritising football. 

Wimbledon cancelled, Edinburgh Festival cancel, Olympics cancelled... 

Even the European finals have been cancelled, if they can't be played how can domestic leagues? 

Fantasy stuff by the footballing powers. 

Football authorities looking clueless in thier attempts to apeases sponsorship and TV companies. 

Absolute shit show by them tbh in the context of a collapsing economy and rising death toll they  look detached from all reality. 

Agreed. Elite level football making a bit of a shop front of itself. I wonder if we will see a backlash from the people who fund the entire system?

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The pig that ate the green cheese when it flew to the moon.

The pig got arrested for breaking social isolation lockdown as it passed the Space Station.

15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The lockdown is expected to be relaxed in May ? Who told you that ? 

If you believe that then you are deluded.

This lockdown will go on for a long time yet, in fact it may even be made tighter.

I really don't mean to be rude, but I think you must have your head in the clouds. 

I think lockdown will be relaxed in May as well and we'll see some businesses re-open.

Edited by Taffin

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The pig got arrested for breaking social isolation lockdown as it passed the Space Station.

Which just proves the wisdom of the old saying: "This little piggy stayed at home..."

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )