SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

This has been the plan since the week building up to the shut down. It’s the main reason why Budge went public about the legal pursuit and why we started making our own noises about it. If said many times that I sat with an agent at the Bayern game at ibrox due to him being up to talk to clubs about 3 of his players if there was a shut down. The first thing he said to me when I met him was “you boys are down”. He spoke openly about how everyone is talking privately about the league being ended and called as it stands. We had numerous “journalists” talked about the SFA having the preference of calling the league as it stood, I shared a link on here if Hugh McDonald saying he had spoken to someone in the SFA who had said they’ll call the league as it stood. I still think this Is what will ultimately happen. 

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

i thought the spfl meeting that was supposed to be yesterday was postponed until wednesday next week? so it is either

a- total BS

b- lawell throwing his weight about dictating

To relegate Hearts based on current league position should take into account the games played in the quarter against top six teams. To ignore this and simply relegate us as it stands surely questions sporting integrity.

So the Daily Rectum are up to the usual Bull pap? Just doing the bidding of the two clubs that keep the Glasgow pamphlet alive.

Stendelsarmy

The Daily Record are part of Celtic's PR machine so I wouldn't read too much into this.

If they relegate us with the season incomplete I truly believe we should withdraw from Scottish football as the game would be well and truly broken and corrupt. I'm sure Rangers would consider doing the same.

It wouldn't just be Hearts taking the SPFL to court, it would be the teams playing for promotion play-offs.

If they relegate us with the fixtures incomplete, by that logic they must also relegate the second bottom team and promote the second top right down the leagues.

There are so many holes in their alleged plan that lawyers will rip them a new arsehole in court.

Edited by frankblack

26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

This has been the plan since the week building up to the shut down. It’s the main reason why Budge went public about the legal pursuit and why we started making our own noises about it. If said many times that I sat with an agent at the Bayern game at ibrox due to him being up to talk to clubs about 3 of his players if there was a shut down. The first thing he said to me when I met him was “you boys are down”. He spoke openly about how everyone is talking privately about the league being ended and called as it stands. We had numerous “journalists” talked about the SFA having the preference of calling the league as it stood, I shared a link on here if Hugh McDonald saying he had spoken to someone in the SFA who had said they’ll call the league as it stood. I still think this Is what will ultimately happen. 

If the Scottish authorities relegate us I genuinely hope the clubs voting for this die. I will never forgive them. 

11 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think Rangers will be quite happy that Celtic are awarded the title under these circumstances. There will always be an asterisk against it which Rangers and their fans will be able to point to as a tainted title.

It gives them something to cling to which they know they wouldn’t have had if the season was finished.

The relegation issue is much more serious and not a easy one to push through unchallenged. Easy get out is a temporary league reconstruction, which may fall into line, conveniently,  with a restricted next season.

If Scotland are awarded a 2nd CL place they can't really deny Celtic an * title when again unlikely (virtually impossible)  Motherwell and Aberdeen could catch them for that CL place.

Doesn't help us though as that would be an as stands position.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
13 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

The Daily Record are part of Celtic's PR machine so I wouldn't read too much into this.

If they relegate us with the season incomplete I truly believe we should withdraw from Scottish football as the game would be well and truly broken and corrupt. I'm sure Rangers would consider doing the same.

Rangers can go and **** themselves, they won't be affected by it in the slightest, Celtic would have won the league anyway. As mentioned, it's teams like Partick Thistle who'll really lose out along with us. 

Play the league and finish it even if it takes until October.

Begin the new season and nobody plays in champions league or eufa cup play league games on these nights,

only thing is guess who would not be happy without their champions league money so we cant have this as a solution

to think that buffoon is paid more wages than 6 nurses makes you cringe. 

grumpyespana

Everything the beaks have done its always to the advantage of the big Glasgow two, what has annoyed me the papers have jumped on our back and its a disgrace with the sh@t that the are churning out, you would think they would be all over what is happening at the Rangers just now I cannie believe that they have said nothing since the virus hit the news strange do you not think personally there is something going down there that they are not wanting to broadcast lol.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If Scotland are awarded a 2nd CL place they can't really deny Celtic an * title when again unlikely (virtually impossible)  Motherwell and Aberdeen could catch them for that CL place.

Doesn't help us though as that would be an as stands position.

Can see there being no European club football with crowds at any rate until a vaccine is created and tested. This is expected to take about a year from now.

15 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

If the Scottish authorities relegate us I genuinely hope the clubs voting for this die. I will never forgive them. 

Yep. No problem admitting that myself. 

Surely closed door games can be completed with same day testing of all players, staff and officials. This could include any broadcaster or pundits. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Surely closed door games can be completed with same day testing of all players, staff and officials. This could include any broadcaster or pundits. 

What if the players test positive?

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

What if the players test positive?

Well they don't play in the game. Duh!

They * could * play only as many games as it takes to resolve titles and promotion / relegation issues …

(I appreciate that could be * all * games)

Well they don't play in the game. Duh!

but if they test positive after the game, then that is two teams out for at least 2 weeks

Just now, milky_26 said:

but if they test positive after the game, then that is two teams out for at least 2 weeks

How are they going test positive after the game if every player and official is tested negative before kick off? Is the grass also dangerous?

37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Simple you say. Playing again in June.

Jesus wept. What planet are you on ?

Sorry to be so blunt but get real mate.

yep, even if they said we could get playing by the end of june the players would need a mini pre season of say 4 weeks, so that takes us to the end of july. then what happens if a player or coach tests positive after a match? that is two weeks that two teams can not play

We all know that the Media/SPFL with some gentle persuading from Lawell and his cohorts at clubs such as St Mirren are desperate to find a way to award Celtic the title irrespective of whether another ball is kicked in the current season.

The problem they have is that so long as it is mathematically possible for another club ie Rangers to overtake them no matter how unlikely then there is uncertainty about doing this.

The same argument can be applied to the bottom end of the league which obvioulsy affects us. It applies to all the other division as well.

That is why I still think they will attempt to play the remainder of the games at some point later in the year prior to the start of next season assuming there wll be one.

The only option I can dream up that might suit most parties would be if they awarded the leagues to the clubs at the top as it stands and relegated the clubs at the bottom but them immediately after that had a league reconstruction which would mean on paper we are relegated but then are back in the SPFL next season along with the two promoted clubs from the Championship.

11 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think Rangers will be quite happy that Celtic are awarded the title under these circumstances. There will always be an asterisk against it which Rangers and their fans will be able to point to as a tainted title.

It gives them something to cling to which they know they wouldn’t have had if the season was finished.

The relegation issue is much more serious and not a easy one to push through unchallenged. Easy get out is a temporary league reconstruction, which may fall into line, conveniently,  with a restricted next season.

Suits them both. The SPFL are their bitches. No one but us likes us. Can deffo see them at least trying it on

How are they going test positive after the game if every player and official is tested negative before kick off? Is the grass also dangerous?

in the time between the test happening and the results coming in. also how long does it take to get the results and who is going to perform these tests? remember the frontline nhs staff are struggling to get tested just now. but you are advocating testing what 30-50 from each club. 

one final thing what about medical cover at the games, i doubt that there would be ambulances/medical staff available for a sporting event

Stendelsarmy
19 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Rangers can go and **** themselves, they won't be affected by it in the slightest, Celtic would have won the league anyway. As mentioned, it's teams like Partick Thistle who'll really lose out along with us. 

Nonsense. Awarding a title to a team just because they were more than likely going to win it is a shambles as much as relegating a team who looked like they would finish bottom. It's the sporting integrity principle. Games a bogey without it.

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Where are they going to get the testing kits from they haven't got enough to test the NHS staff ffs.

I wonder if they will end up formulating an average weighted points combining this season and the previous 12 months to effectively "sim" the remaining 20% of the season?  I think this is what will happen, which spells disaster for us.  We have been the worst team across all counts for some time now - think very little sympathy will be shown.

Edited by Uche

39 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Withdraw from Scottish football and then do what? Sell Tynecastle to Tesco and call it a day?

Nookie Bear
48 minutes ago, dave1964 said:

To relegate Hearts based on current league position should take into account the games played in the quarter against top six teams. To ignore this and simply relegate us as it stands surely questions sporting integrity.

Not sure that helps us 😁

GorgieRules22

As a support and a fairly large one at that in Scotland we would need to make a stand. It would be the straw that breaks the camels back as far as decisions going against us over the years and enough would be enough in my opinion.

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

in the time between the test happening and the results coming in. also how long does it take to get the results and who is going to perform these tests? remember the frontline nhs staff are struggling to get tested just now. but you are advocating testing what 30-50 from each club. 

one final thing what about medical cover at the games, i doubt that there would be ambulances/medical staff available for a sporting event

The govt has just bought 3.5m fingerprick testing kits. The SFPL or clubs can surely get in 100 kits per fixture. Better that than Hearts being relegated now, no? The clubs will just have to organise their own medical response, possibly stagger kick off times if the same personnel need to cover each game. 

4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The good thing for us is that uefa want the season finished. If they crack on and declare the standings just now as final against what they’ve been recommended to do we’ll have a field day in court.

The latest, though non of it is confirmed suggests decisions from UEFA will be made mid May.

Scotland will follow UEFA. 

ESPN journalist said yesterday a crucial factor is Rangers are still in Europa League. So Scotland will follow UEFA. 

So nothing soon. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Stendelsarmy
13 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Withdraw from Scottish football and then do what? Sell Tynecastle to Tesco and call it a day?

Honestly, I'm not sure. If it happens across Europe then there are going to be a lot of disillusioned fans. It could the catalyst towards some sort of European breakaway league

Dirty Deeds

To me, there are 4 option:

1. Restart and finish in June (unlikely due to prolonged lockdown)

2. Finish now, declare leaders as champions and reorganise the leagues to prevent relegation but allow promotion (possible but messy as further reorg needed to return the status quo at the end of the new season).

3. Finish now, leaders are champions, others relegated and promoted on current standings.  (possible but legal challenges from relegated clubs and play-off contenders)

4. Void the season and restart afresh next season as if nothing has changed (unlikely,  we're near the end ffs. Liverpool / Celtic etc outraged).

I think it's option 3 and we're relegated. 

Ex member of the SaS

Should we get relegated due to poor results over a season then fine. It's the way the league works. To relegate with games left would be an in justice, and would cause untold unrest as they would have to use this formula for all leagues.

As it stands:

Top of the Championship, Dundee and Ayr are 4 point and 5 points respectively for a promotion spot

Bottom of the Championship, Partick are 2 points with a game in hand from second bottom.

So at least three teams ( 4 counting Hearts ) with a reason to complain if they are calling the league done.

Then you have the problem of second bottom of the premiership, Hamilton are only 2 points away from the play off spot, this only compounds the problem of do they play these games or do they relegate the bottom two and promote the top two?

It's such a a can of worms, that the easiest solution would be give the title to Celtic and increase the league to 14 or 16 for one season and see how it goes.

Just now, Victorian said:

Testing players before games.   :rofl:

Yeah,   get in line nurses.   Fitbaw players first.

If it gives a reliable result within 1 hr then what is your problem hen?

Just now, Dirty Deeds said:

To me, there are 4 option:

1. Restart and finish in June (unlikely due to prolonged lockdown)

2. Finish now, declare leaders as champions and reorganise the leagues to prevent relegation but allow promotion (possible but messy as further reorg needed to return the status quo at the end of the new season).

3. Finish now, leaders are champions, others relegated and promoted on current standings.  (possible but legal challenges from relegated clubs and play-off contenders)

4. Void the season and restart afresh next season as if nothing has changed (unlikely,  we're near the end ffs. Liverpool / Celtic etc outraged).

I think it's option 3 and we're relegated. 

So are Hamilton, Queen of the South, Forfar and Brechin relegated? 

Inverness, Falkirk, Edinburgh City promoted? 

Brora or Kelty promoted? 

Just now, JackLadd said:

If it gives a reliable result within 1 hr then what is your problem hen?

Think I'll just stick with giving the testing to the NHS bit.     

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Stendelsarmy said:

Honestly, I'm not sure. If it happens across Europe then there are going to be a lot of disillusioned fans. It could the catalyst towards some sort of European breakaway league

All the unfairly relegated teams in one league. 😄

Dirty Deeds
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So are Hamilton, Queen of the South, Forfar and Brechin relegated? 

Inverness, Falkirk, Edinburgh City promoted? 

Brora or Kelty promoted? 

My point is that it's a mess whatever they do.

Stendelsarmy
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

All the unfairly relegated teams in one league. 😄

Lol I'll admit I've not thought this through, really all I mean is I'd be done with football in this country if they were to declare the season over with positions as they stand being considered final. 

The only viable option is a null and void season. 

2 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

My point is that it's a mess whatever they do.

Yes. 

You wrote a good summary. 

It will certainly be a mess with legal action. And maybe Reconstruction is just too hard for the clubs. 

14 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The govt has just bought 3.5m fingerprick testing kits. The SFPL or clubs can surely get in 100 kits per fixture. Better that than Hearts being relegated now, no? The clubs will just have to organise their own medical response, possibly stagger kick off times if the same personnel need to cover each game. 

I don’t think putting on the remaining Scottish football fixtures will be seen as a good use of resources. Someone gets injured during the game, they require medical treatment. We are trying to minimise the strain on the health services right now. It wouldn’t be looked upon very kindly by the government and most of the public.

Football is such a low priority, it will be well down the list when it comes to making resources like testing kits available. Finishing the football season would require some medical resources to be be made available. It’s not a good use of tester kits or medical staff’s time.

Dirty Deeds

If the season gets voided,  can I be the one who gets to tell Neil Lennon?

Edited by Dirty Deeds

Void the league, no position is final, Rangers could still win league, a few teams could get euro place, all teams up to Hibs could be relegated/play-off place.

Void the season, renegotiate sponsorship deals, as the european competitions are null and void then same teams who entered this season voided competition enter next seasons.

Stendelsarmy
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Void the league, no position is final, Rangers could still win league, a few teams could get euro place, all teams up to Hibs could be relegated/play-off place.

Void the season, renegotiate sponsorship deals, as the european competitions are null and void then same teams who entered this season voided competition enter next seasons.

The only option👍

NaturalOrder74

I think we should just award trophies and relegation based on a simulation, they should just do that every year going forward that’s how much merit the competition will have going forward if they just award trophies to who would have probably won it what a load of rubbish 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )