Heart of Midlothian

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Total waste of time posting this without a FTH somewhere in it.😉

:fth:

Haringshairband
On 16/05/2020 at 11:38, Sir Gio said:

Maybe I feel better for the day it is today. 

Maybe because the sun is shining and its warmer just as it was then.

Does it really matter,  so long as there is and always is Heart of Midlothian FC.

Does it matter which league,  which players,  which manager,  which owner.

So long as we have Tynecastle and one another we have something others really do long for.

The season saw taunts from virtually every single team. Why? 

Take it as a complement. 

Its because you matter,  we matter,  Heart of Midlothian matters.

No set of fans has gathered as one,  and as regularly in time of need and distress. 

That is envied, to the point no mercy was ever likely to fall our way. They don't have what I do, what you do, what we have together. 

Covid will hang around for some time,  there will be changes to our lives,  there will be changes to our football. 

Even the league we play in.

What never changes and never will is our enduring love and passion for Heart of Midlothian. 

Don't ever let the envy, the bitterness and aggression wear you down and engulf you.

Stay safe,  stay strong of body and mind.

We will see each other soon enough,  we will find our way through the latest tunnel,  we will succeed. 

We are Heart of Midlothian 

HHGH

I needed this tonight after a few beers I was ready to throw the towel in with Scottish football. Glad the thread was bumped.

I love Hearts.

My dad told me as a wee boy in the early 1970's that I loved Hearts and he was right.

I was born and brought up in a 100% Hearts supporting family.

What a lucky f****r.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Get that post printed and put up in the home dressing room SG

I would....

....if I was allowed out of the hoose!!!!!

gashauskis9
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I would....

....if I was allowed out of the hoose!!!!!

Special dispensation 

22 hours ago, Simmo said:

My feeling exactly and thanks to Sir Gio for the OP. I have been following Hearts since my Heriot Watt student days in 1950 and believe me it has been a real pleasure for 95% of that time. In the words of our song....we may go down but we aye come back up and I have experienced that a few times.

My dad used to sit and tell me stories about the great players of the fifties , yes we have had some poor experiences as you said mate but also some great,    

Heart of Midlothian for ever 👍

• 4 weeks later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't get angry folks. 

We support Heart of Midlothian. 

They don't. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't get angry folks. 

We support Heart of Midlothian. 

They don't. 

:yas: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:yas: 

Amazing the support again today and over the past few months. 

Not going to roll over are we

• 1 month later...
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thought I would be self indulgent and give it a bump. 

Dust ourselves down. 

I'd rather be watching Hearts than any other,  no matter what League we are in. 

God bless Friday night Sportscene eh

On 17/05/2020 at 13:38, SwindonJambo said:

I’ve done a good bit of European Travel in my life plus a couple of trips to the States. I love walking around all the sights in big cities like Paris, Berlin and Rome, New York & Boston. However none of them put a spring in my step close to Exiting  Haymarket Station and turning right down Dalry Road and Gorgie Road to Tynecastle for a Hearts game. Last time I did it, in February, there was a wild storm, we were shite and bottom of the league and the game was dire. Even in those circumstances I STILL get more of a buzz out of said walk to any of the others.

I’m from the West, previously had no Hearts background at all and didn’t visit Tynie until 1985, when I was 18. I was bowled over by the place immediately and have been a fan ever since. I’ve been an FoH member since the start. I will still follow the club if we end up in the Edinburgh Sunday pub league. 

We will survive whatever the corrupt powers that be throw at us. And thrive. Because it’s what we do. 

HHGH and screw all those who seek to sink us.

Well said SwindonJambo, seems there are gonna be quite a few of us travelling from south of the border next season, all this adversity just makes the bond with the Club stronger and makes the will to succeed and kick every other teams ass all the stronger. I also want to feel that buzz of walking down Gorgie Road and I hope and pray that fans will be allowed back soon. I am hoping the locals and long term Hearts fans welcome the newbies and understand that our hearts have been touched by the total injustice of the Clubs treatment. Best way to answer all of this is to do our best to ensure Hearts fans fill Tynecastle to support the boys in maroon and lift them to ensure a speedy return to where they belong.  HHGH and Hearts, only Hearts.    Terry.

I'm looking forward to hearing how and when the SFA are putting the boot in.  I expect there is a delay while they check on the correct approach with the SPFL, Celtic and Rangers.

Don't feel constrained in any way SFA.  Do your worst.  You are a complete irrelevance to us.  I now take great pride that your national side has been such a shambolic failure for decades.  I hope that continues as long as you and your pals are in existence.

On 16/05/2020 at 11:38, Sir Gio said:

Maybe I feel better for the day it is today. 

Maybe because the sun is shining and its warmer just as it was then.

Does it really matter,  so long as there is and always is Heart of Midlothian FC.

Does it matter which league,  which players,  which manager,  which owner.

So long as we have Tynecastle and one another we have something others really do long for.

The season saw taunts from virtually every single team. Why? 

Take it as a complement. 

Its because you matter,  we matter,  Heart of Midlothian matters.

No set of fans has gathered as one,  and as regularly in time of need and distress. 

That is envied, to the point no mercy was ever likely to fall our way. They don't have what I do, what you do, what we have together. 

Covid will hang around for some time,  there will be changes to our lives,  there will be changes to our football. 

Even the league we play in.

What never changes and never will is our enduring love and passion for Heart of Midlothian. 

Don't ever let the envy, the bitterness and aggression wear you down and engulf you.

Stay safe,  stay strong of body and mind.

We will see each other soon enough,  we will find our way through the latest tunnel,  we will succeed. 

We are Heart of Midlothian 

HHGH

I salute you SG , great post.