Heart of Midlothian

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maybe I feel better for the day it is today. 

Maybe because the sun is shining and its warmer just as it was then.

Does it really matter,  so long as there is and always is Heart of Midlothian FC.

Does it matter which league,  which players,  which manager,  which owner.

So long as we have Tynecastle and one another we have something others really do long for.

The season saw taunts from virtually every single team. Why? 

Take it as a complement. 

Its because you matter,  we matter,  Heart of Midlothian matters.

No set of fans has gathered as one,  and as regularly in time of need and distress. 

That is envied, to the point no mercy was ever likely to fall our way. They don't have what I do, what you do, what we have together. 

Covid will hang around for some time,  there will be changes to our lives,  there will be changes to our football. 

Even the league we play in.

What never changes and never will is our enduring love and passion for Heart of Midlothian. 

Don't ever let the envy, the bitterness and aggression wear you down and engulf you.

Stay safe,  stay strong of body and mind.

We will see each other soon enough,  we will find our way through the latest tunnel,  we will succeed. 

We are Heart of Midlothian 

HHGH

gashauskis9

:yas:

:rudiyas:

:robboyas:

Thank you SG.  One of the best posts I’ve ever seen on here. Absolutely spot on, agree with every word.  I see all the scrutiny and piss taking at our demotion as a huge huge compliment.  When it finally clicks, they’ll all find out 👍

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Does it really matter,  so long as there is and always is Heart of Midlothian FC.

So long as we have Tynecastle and one another we have something others really do long for.

Take it as a complement. 

No set of fans has gathered as one,  and as regularly in time of need and distress. 

That is envied, to the point no mercy was ever likely to fall our way. They don't have what I do, what you do, what we have together. 

Covid will hang around for some time,  there will be changes to our lives,  there will be changes to our football. 

What never changes and never will is our enduring love and passion for Heart of Midlothian. 

Don't ever let the envy, the bitterness and aggression wear you down and engulf you.

We will see each other soon enough,  we will find our way through the latest tunnel,  we will succeed. 

HHGH

Love it! Great post.

Batistuta87

Spot on. I kept going to the games the last time we were in the Championship and I still got the same buzz walking along to Tynecastle every single time. I intend to continue going this time too. I love Hearts and will support them forever more. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Nice one, Gio. One small issue I have however is when you say "Does it matter which league..." and "there will be changes to our football, even the league we play in."

You talk as if we should accept our fate of being expelled from the Premiership. It's a defeatist attitude. We need to fight it. Let's not act as if it were a fait accompli and that we should give up the fight just because we have each other.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rudiyas:

:fth:

Great post, Sir Gio. 

Every word true and you articulate the sentiment perfectly. 

Have a beer.

I might have 2 Jonno.

10pm tonight 422 Sky. It will remind me forever why we never give up or let any other influence how I adore this football club 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Nice one, Gio. One small issue I have however is when you say "Does it matter which league..." and "there will be changes to our football, even the league we play in."

You talk as if we should accept our fate of being expelled from the Premiership. It's a defeatist attitude. We need to fight it. Let's not act as if it were a fait accompli and that we should give up the fight just because we have each other.

We will fight it.

Of course. 

But when all is said and done, we never change who we are 

gashauskis9
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

This should be part of our season ticket renewal campaign. 

Absolutely 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We will fight it.

Of course. 

But when all is said and done, we never change who we are 

Agreed. :thumb:

I said in answer to another question that we could do with a mega thread on the new era / revival.

This can be it. 

Rick James

Superb Sir Gio.

The berating and taunting from other clubs only further galvanises my unbreakable bond with Heart of Midlothian.

Through all of this, we've seen an ugly side of football. A side that has even tested my love for the beautiful game. But nothing can test my love for this football club. The people I've met, the places I've been, the celebrations and heartache we've endured together.

I love HMFC. :sob: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

Superb Sir Gio.

The berating and taunting from other clubs only further galvanises my unbreakable bond with Heart of Midlothian.

Through all of this, we've seen an ugly side of football. A side that has even tested my love for the beautiful game. But nothing can test my love for this football club. The people I've met, the places I've been, the celebrations and heartache we've endured together.

I love HMFC. :sob: 

Likewise I thought I was done. 

Waking up today,  it's that day,  how could I let anyone deny us that. Whether that may be of of SPFL mismanagement and of course our own. 

There will be better days ahead of us 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Take it as a complement. 

HHGH

Great post SG and truly spoken from the heart. This post will be shared by many and loved by all. Our support truly  is the greatest.

This post is will further galvanise our support and when we eventually emerge from our dark tunnel then can can safely say, there will always be a Heart Of Midlothian! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Great post SG and truly spoken from the heart. This post will be shared by many and loved by all. Our support truly  is the greatest.

This post is will further galvanise our support and when we eventually emerge from our dark tunnel then can can safely say, there will always be a Heart Of Midlothian! 

You keep Mr Dean's going 

👍

14 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You keep Mr Dean's going 

👍

I’m trying SG, I’m truly trying 🇱🇻

Heart of Darkness
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Take it as a complement. 

HHGH

Nice one Sir Gio!! 👏👏👏👏👏

BelgeJambo

Glorious

Every time I walk up to Tynecastle, I enter another world for a few hours and that has never changed for me and I don’t  think it ever will.

Win, Lose or Draw, Tynecastle is Tynecastle

HHGH

12 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Glorious

Every time I walk up to Tynecastle, I enter another world for a few hours and that has never changed for me and I don’t  think it ever will.

Win, Lose or Draw, Tynecastle is Tynecastle

HHGH

I think this is what every Hearts supporter feels and thank you for putting it into words, I have been supporting this wonderful club since a boy and the feeling you describe is still with me as a 63 yo man, it’s like coming home when you walk down Gorgie, especially on match day.

Also well done SG , I’m welling up with pride and emotion after reading your OP.

HHGH , always Hearts.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think more than ever we need to try and be positive about our future,  hard in the circumstances I'm sure for most of us,  be it at home work or in sport. 

If we do stick together @BelgeJambo sums up those 3 hours really well. 

Hope,  joy, despair,  frustration, I guess all clubs have it, we seem to vacuum as one when we enter those stands

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Perspective?!?... It'll never catch on!

In all seriousness top posting.

SwindonJambo

I’ve done a good bit of European Travel in my life plus a couple of trips to the States. I love walking around all the sights in big cities like Paris, Berlin and Rome, New York & Boston. However none of them put a spring in my step close to Exiting  Haymarket Station and turning right down Dalry Road and Gorgie Road to Tynecastle for a Hearts game. Last time I did it, in February, there was a wild storm, we were shite and bottom of the league and the game was dire. Even in those circumstances I STILL get more of a buzz out of said walk to any of the others.

I’m from the West, previously had no Hearts background at all and didn’t visit Tynie until 1985, when I was 18. I was bowled over by the place immediately and have been a fan ever since. I’ve been an FoH member since the start. I will still follow the club if we end up in the Edinburgh Sunday pub league. 

We will survive whatever the corrupt powers that be throw at us. And thrive. Because it’s what we do. 

HHGH and screw all those who seek to sink us.

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I’ve done a good bit of European Travel in my life plus a couple of trips to the States. I love walking around all the sights in big cities like Paris, Berlin and Rome, New York & Boston. However none of them put a spring in my step close to Exiting  Haymarket Station and turning right down Dalry Road and Gorgie Road to Tynecastle for a Hearts game. Last time I did it, in February, there was a wild storm, we were shite and bottom of the league and the game was dire. Even in those circumstances I STILL get more of a buzz out of said walk to any of the others.

I’m from the West, previously had no Hearts background at all and didn’t visit Tynie until 1985, when I was 18. I was bowled over by the place immediately and have been a fan ever since. I’ve been an FoH member since the start. I will still follow the club if we end up in the Edinburgh Sunday pub league. 

We will survive whatever the corrupt powers that be throw at us. And thrive. Because it’s what we do. 

Great post mate. A few beers in the sun this aftetnoon and you've made me a wee bit emotional. HHGH.   FTH. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Its a hook eh  :)

japanjambo
18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Take it as a complement. 

HHGH

This...in spades. Today...Tomorrow...Forever. :cheer1:

On 16/05/2020 at 11:38, Sir Gio said:

Take it as a complement. 

HHGH

Brilliant , and yes we are the famous Heart of Midlothian even the name itself is glorious and the badge is second to none . When we all walk through the gates at tynecastle we all get the same feeling of pride and win lose or draw we know we will be back with the same passion ..............always Hearts

CARDIFFBOY
18 hours ago, One five said:

Brilliant , and yes we are the famous Heart of Midlothian even the name itself is glorious and the badge is second to none . When we all walk through the gates at tynecastle we all get the same feeling of pride and win lose or draw we know we will be back with the same passion ..............always Hearts

From an outsider looking in the overwhelming tide of passion and love that Hearts fans have for their Club is truly amazing and it's this more than anything that stands out. When you have such belief and a spirit of togetherness you can overcome anything. Fantastic support and I cannot wait to visit Tynecastle. No idle talk. HHGH. 

Hearts1975
On 16/05/2020 at 22:38, Sir Gio said:

Take it as a complement. 

HHGH

Great post SG 👏👏👏

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Remember this well everyone. 

Stand proud, stand strong,  whatever road we head along,  we can overcome 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't let the media,  social or mainstream get you down. 

Siege mentality 

As much as I love the post, it is the attitude such as the post that is the reason people don't like us and have made fun of us. 

We aren't really any different from any other club outside the OF. Yes the fans have dug deep especially in the last decade but i'm sure every other club feels the same about their own.

**** every other club, we just need to focus on getting back up asap.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 18:14, One five said:

My feeling exactly and thanks to Sir Gio for the OP. I have been following Hearts since my Heriot Watt student days in 1950 and believe me it has been a real pleasure for 95% of that time. In the words of our song....we may go down but we aye come back up and I have experienced that a few times.

SwindonJambo

Historically as a support, we’ve always been galvanised in times of adversity and the current situation is just another to add to the list. Someone said earlier on Off the Ball that 600 new pledgers have signed up to FoH this week. The mystery benefactors are continuing to be benefactors. Our Finances are rigid and there’s no chance of a meltdown so any journos are Ill informed rival fans who think there is are talking out of their Sheriff Badges.

Weebroon98
On 17/05/2020 at 13:38, SwindonJambo said:

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👏👏👏👏

highlandjambo3
On 18/05/2020 at 12:39, CARDIFFBOY said:

From an outsider looking in the overwhelming tide of passion and love that Hearts fans have for their Club is truly amazing and it's this more than anything that stands out. When you have such belief and a spirit of togetherness you can overcome anything. Fantastic support and I cannot wait to visit Tynecastle. No idle talk. HHGH. 

You should plan your first trip when we face the vermin.....will blow you away.

Ex member of the SaS
On 16/05/2020 at 11:38, Sir Gio said:

Take it as a complement. 

HHGH

Total waste of time posting this without a FTH somewhere in it.😉