To join - The English Leagues

rudiatemyhamster

rudiatemyhamster

Might be worth a punt.  

Start at the bottom of the Pyramid and smash our way up the leagues.  Feel good factor and a media frenzy around the club for years.

Always loved watching football and the atmosphere at Tynie.

I say bring it on and let’s leave the bull poop behind 👍😍😊😷

Edited by rudiatemyhamster

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Fox

• Unknown user

• Libertarian

• JJ93

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

Its been bordering on it for a few weeks now and now finally with a 'lets join the English League' thread, this place has finally become Ranjurz Meeja.

Unknown user

There's no way it would get the support needed from their member clubs, why would it? And who wants to lose a decade at best getting to a decent level while we play rushden & diamonds every week. 

It's not happening, and I'm very happy with that.

Nut. 

I want us to fight the Scottish football cartel and shake thing a little. Would rather shake things a lot but not got enough to do that. 

Jambo_Lambo

Retain inclusion in the Scottish Cup and I’m on board with this 100%.

No doubt many challenges to bring it to fruition but they’re surely worth exploring!

Starting in the lower leagues would be an interesting part of the journey. Frankly, the majority of supports that travel to Tynie are absolutely pish anyway, so who cares about playing small English club initially if the potential end game is playing against clubs like Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds Utd etc etc on a weekly basis?

The odd Away day down south would be absolutely class too! 

Ibrahim Tall

Why? We’re Scottish not English. May aswell apply for the Spanish league, the weather will be better and Mallorca or Malaga are nicer away games than Grimsby or  Scunthorpe.

Ainsley Harriott

I would be up for this. League one in England is better than our joke of a top flight. It would be great to call  Scottish football's bluff and do this.

Who would our local derby be against now....Whitley Bay? Great idea! 3 thousand jambos heading down to our first ever cross border derby to stand in an uncovered stadium behind the goals. Be like going back in time. Can also see Bournemouth away on a Tuesday night could be a logistical nightmare as we climb the leagues with our new billion dollar cartel owners from Mexico. Reckon I’d need a half day off work for this one at least. 

I get that all of us are pissed off but to think for one minute we’d leave the Scottish league behind to join another country is pie in the sky. The day that happens then I’ll be taking up another hobby. It a no from me! 

Horatio Caine

I wish people would stop speculating about this.  NO WAY that is going to happen.  

Ibrahim Tall
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I would be up for this. League one in England is better than our joke of a top flight. It would be great to call  Scottish football's bluff and do this.

Aye, league 1 is thrilling like. Hovels like Fleetwood town and 8 hour trips to Gillingham away, can’t wait!

Don’t believe Sky’s hype.

We’d likely also have to play through about 5 divisions of even worse shite to get to that particular highlight.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

3fingersreid
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Who would our local derby be against now....Whitley Bay? Great idea! 3 thousand jambos heading down to our first ever cross border derby to stand in an uncovered stadium behind the goals. Be like going back in time. Can also see Bournemouth away on a Tuesday night could be a logistical nightmare as we climb the leagues with our new billion dollar cartel owners from Mexico. Reckon I’d need a half day off work for this one at least. 

I get that all of us are pissed off but to think for one minute we’d leave the Scottish league behind to join another country is pie in the sky. The day that happens then I’ll be taking up another hobby. It a no from me! 

Cross border derby , standing in an uncovered stadium behind the goals and going back in time ???? 

you’ve just described my feeling of going to easter road for the first time in the early 1970’s 😂😂

Rick James

Nah. We're a Scottish club, and I want to see us hit the heights of the Scottish game.

Walking away would be rolling over and letting these ****s win. We are Heart of Midlothian, and we roll over for no ****.

15 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Why? We’re Scottish not English. May aswell apply for the Spanish league, the weather will be better and Mallorca or Malaga are nicer away games than Grimsby or  Scunthorpe.

Because we are in a union with Spain...

56 minutes ago, rudiatemyhamster said:

Might be worth a punt.  

Start at the bottom of the Pyramid and smash our way up the leagues.  Feel good factor and a media frenzy around the club for years.

Always loved watching football and the atmosphere at Tynie.

I say bring it on and let’s leave the bull poop behind 👍😍😊😷

No. 

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Cross border derby , standing in an uncovered stadium behind the goals and going back in time ???? 

you’ve just described my feeling of going to easter road for the first time in the early 1970’s 😂😂

The good old days my friend.  The Dunbar end could get mental at times and you took your life in your hands if you went to the roofless toilets at halftime. Wasn’t much to separate us from them iirc 

Ibrahim Tall
Just now, JJ93 said:

🥱

We’re not in football union with England either. It’s called the English Football League for a reason.

3 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Thhhaaa yooonyun!!! 

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It shows the level of anger and disillusionment that folk have that this is even being discussed.  The problem that I think most folk have with the present set up here is the fact that there seems to be no way of forcing change. We currently have one club extending a completely undue influence over both the governing bodies. And in the case of the SPFL and a governing board that is stacked with obvious nodding donkeys crowned with a complete incompetent as CEO.  I wish someone could tell us how we can get any real change that will indelibly change the game for the better. The game here is little more than a laughing stock just now. Real change is needed.

3fingersreid
10 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The good old days my friend.  The Dunbar end could get mental at times and you took your life in your hands if you went to the roofless toilets at halftime. Wasn’t much to separate us from them iirc 

Aye it was interesting 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Its been bordering on it for a few weeks now and now finally with a 'lets join the English League' thread, this place has finally become Ranjurz Meeja.

😂😂 that tickled me. Some of the suggestions firing around here just now are mental. 

12 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It shows the level of anger and disillusionment that folk have that this is even being discussed.  The problem that I think most folk have with the present set up here is the fact that there seems to be no way of forcing change. We currently have one club extending a completely undue influence over both the governing bodies. And in the case of the SPFL and a governing board that is stacked with obvious nodding donkeys crowned with a complete incompetent as CEO.  I wish someone could tell us how we can get any real change that will indelibly change the game for the better. The game here is little more than a laughing stock just now. Real change is needed.

Scottish football has been a laughing stock for decades now and all the way up to the national team. There’s a reason the nation hasn’t been at a national

finals in over 20 years. I used to support Scotland but I couldn’t give a hoot about them now.

Major change will never happen D. We had the chance to change things and all clubs voted against it. You’ve got one of two clubs calling the shots and it depends on which erse cheek gets their own man Into governance. It’s jobs for the boys with a large dollop of nepotism thrown in. Sprinkle it with nodding dogs of the lickspittle variety and you can see why are game is fudged. 

Still as long as smeltic get their 10 in a row and their 5 Bach to back trebles then it’s all fair and for the good of the game. The erse cheeks are their golden egg and we will be feeding of scraps for the rest of time....and we won’t be doing it from the top table when things resume. 

Change won’t happen anytime soon imho

49 minutes ago, Jambo_Lambo said:
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Scottish football has been a laughing stock for decades now and all the way up to the national team. There’s a reason the nation hasn’t been at a national

finals in over 20 years. I used to support Scotland but I couldn’t give a hoot about them now.

Major change will never happen D. We had the chance to change things and all clubs voted against it. You’ve got one of two clubs calling the shots and it depends on which erse cheek gets their own man Into governance. It’s jobs for the boys with a large dollop of nepotism thrown in. Sprinkle it with nodding dogs of the lickspittle variety and you can see why are game is fudged. 

Still as long as smeltic get their 10 in a row and their 5 Bach to back trebles then it’s all fair and for the good of the game. The erse cheeks are their golden egg and we will be feeding of scraps for the rest of time....and we won’t be doing it from the top table when things resume. 

Change won’t happen anytime soon imho

The only option is to try and change things. 

Starting with a court case against the SPFL. 

manaliveits105
58 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

A Friday night in Whitley Bay with the bus loads of Geordie burds is awesome though

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Aye, league 1 is thrilling like. Hovels like Fleetwood town and 8 hour trips to Gillingham away, can’t wait!

Don’t believe Sky’s hype.

We’d likely also have to play through about 5 divisions of even worse shite to get to that particular highlight.

No worse than our league Dingwall on a wednesday night or a trip to the beauty spot of Motherwell. At least those leagues arent run to revolve around the best interests of one larger club. 

been here before
54 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The main toilet I remember at Easter Road in those days is the torrential river of piss that cascaded down parallel to the path that led up to the top of the terracing after going through the turnstyles.

37 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

😂😂 that tickled me. Some of the suggestions firing around here just now are mental. 

This thread is fast becoming a microcosm of JKB recently. We're only about 15 posts in and we've had 'lets join the English league', 'walking away' and 'the journey'.

Staunch.

28 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The only option is to try and change things. 

Starting with a court case against the SPFL. 

That’s the way forward for me.

jambopilms

Christ on a bike. Beyond stupid and it makes me cringe that folk keep saying this is an actual option. Why don't we join the Spanish league then every away day is in a sunny place? 

Why didn't Anti Niemi get more games for Scotland? 

Idiots.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

More chance of us joining the Northern Irish League. 

Not such a bad thought?

Champions League football every season:whistling:

LeylandJambo

Would be interesting to see what the Scottish Media said if it was to get out that we were making enquiries about joining the English league's.

I could guarantee they wouldn't be as favourable as it would be with the uglies.

Would love it. I'm completely disillusioned with Scottish football and don't give a flying fkuc for  tradition and history. 

Wouldn’t be against it but it’s not going to happen unless there is a catastrophic meltdown in British football with 30-40 clubs going to the wall north and south of the border 

Ah single Scottish club will never join the English league. 

I have always fancied a UK wide league. However, unless the impending recession causes vast amounts of clubs to fold in all countries, this ain't ever going to be considered. 

So we’ve mocked Celtic and Rangers about their “we want to play in England” patter for years.

Now we’re going to start the same patter.

Rick Sanchez

If there was ever a time for it...

Apply to the English leagues, hand in our notice to the spfl, article 12 the lot of them and tell them they're free to leave, play the young lads for a couple of seasons in preparation.

It'll never happen but it would be fantastic. I'd never watch another Scottish game in my life. The anger I get in the pit of my stomach when I think about the charlatans that run our game, from the SPFL to the chairman of other clubs, is on another level. Arseholes.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

The main toilet I remember at Easter Road in those days is the torrential river of piss that cascaded down parallel to the path that led up to the top of the terracing after going through the turnstyles.

This thread is fast becoming a microcosm of JKB recently. We're only about 15 posts in and we've had 'lets join the English league', 'walking away' and 'the journey'.

Staunch.

I was in hospitality at ER with a customer, he had it at both grounds.  Hibs were playing Rangers who had been given part of the old main stand. We were going down at half time and had to pass an iron gate.  Sticking through the bars were literally Bluenose nobs pissing onto to the passageway.  Suit smelt for 2nd half and got some funny looks on bus going home.

Ffs :lol: can just see an extraordinary vote rubber stamped to let Hearts join the English Leagues because of all the advantages us joining would give to them like, and . 

Drunken Duncan

Not for me. Never going to happen. Scottish football is in turmoil at the moment the last thing it needs is a big club jumping ship.

The Gorgie

We can't compete with Celtic or Rangers so lets join the English league and work our way up to be spanked every week from the like of man city and Chelsea. Sounds a laugh. That's being optimistic, we would probably never reach the championship.

Prince Buaben

Shite idea. Dicking about the english lower leagues for years till we get near the Football league. 

Eberyone moaning about Scottish Football because English football is the shinging beacon of transparency and fairness right enough.

The corrupt shambles that is Scottush Football has just shafted ys for no reason from a great height.

They have had opprtunities to reverse that decision but just laughed at us.

There is talk that the EFL div 2 might split into North/South divisions so a bit of reshuffling may go on IF that happens.

Might not have to join that far down as folk think.

Teams way down their pyramid get crowds on par with Hamilton, Ross C, Alloa, St.Mirren etc.

Wont happen, but not the worst idea in world.

We are not wanted in Scotland.

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

So we’ve mocked Celtic and Rangers about their “we want to play in England” patter for years.

Now we’re going to start the same patter.

For vastly different reasons though.