Adopted German sides

Jeff

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Or not as it seems. I seemed to remember a friendly against a German team when we were skint? 

I remember talk of it. Did it actually happen?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick James

• Tazio

• Midloth_Iain

• The Internet

Mine has been Nuremberg for many years - on business in the area about 6 times a year ( reckon I have stayed in Nuremberg over 100 nights in the past 10-15 years )

They have  had a few fantastic maroon tops over the years - a fantastic Adidas one recently 

This season they are poor in Bundesliga 2

Rick James
26 minutes ago, 12XU said:

Mine has been Nuremberg for many years - on business in the area about 6 times a year ( reckon I have stayed in Nuremberg over 100 nights in the past 10-15 years )

They have  had a few fantastic maroon tops over the years - a fantastic Adidas one recently 

This season they are poor in Bundesliga 2

Massive soft spot for them too. Got a few of their shirts. They have a fairly unique link with Schalke which means its perfectly acceptable to buy and wear their shirts. Der Club. :) 

Rick James
On 23/05/2020 at 17:51, Anything2 said:

It makes sense that they would be record viewers with those games being the only show in town and all the regular match going fans (60,000 plus for some German teams) all stuck at home. But longer term, if the casual fans get bored of it they may have a problem. Of course it may be different if your team or teams in your league are involved but I just can't get into these games and I've watched plenty German games in the past. 

A lot of the Ultras from the clubs are refusing to tune in. There's a lot of uproar in Germany regarding this. They see this as a negative move in which the Bundesliga is becoming more corporate. As far as they're concerned, if it's not played in front of fans, it's not football.

11 minutes ago, Locky said:

A lot of the Ultras from the clubs are refusing to tune in. There's a lot of uproar in Germany regarding this. They see this as a negative move in which the Bundesliga is becoming more corporate. As far as they're concerned, if it's not played in front of fans, it's not football.

Think I agree with them. Even the away games in the league Cup when the stadium only has one stand have a sense of atmosphere and purpose. 

Diadora Van Basten
On 23/05/2020 at 18:14, Tazio said:

Bayern really are relentless when they hit top gear. 
Also I’ve always enjoyed watching Thomas Muller, he doesn’t seem to have a position and just wanders around the place causing chaos. And he’s also a top quality wind up merchant. 

Sounds like Rudi

The Internet

Ludicrous finish from kimmich. Could be title over but dortmund have looked dangerous. 

annushorribilis III

That's a sweet, sweet finish by Kimmich. bit harsh to blame the keeper I thought. 

copa-mundial

Been a real good game this. Dortmund been the better side for me, yet find themselves a goal down, albeit a beauty by Kimmich 

The Internet

Yeah he's at full stretch so difficult to get a solid hand to it. Just a piece of real quality from kimmich. 

Van Wilder

Are they playing the crowd audio through the stadium or is it just through the TV?

Sooperstar
2 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

Are they playing the crowd audio through the stadium or is it just through the TV?

No crowd audio on my tv.

Van Wilder

I’m watching it on a stream, Fox Sports 1.

Makes the game seem a lot more normal. 

Rick James

Good strong save from Neuer. Genuinely thought Dortmund had a shout with that penalty claim a short while ago.

ritchies75

Cheering on Werder Bremen for no other reason than they were 4 points from safety  when the league resumed 

Maroon with a view

VFL Wolfsburg just picked up the 4-1 win tonight and was an enjoyable game. It's like a different sport compared to the neck cranking kick and rush stuff I'm usually subjected to. 

How about Braunau FC from Braunau am in?😂😂

No doubt a favourite with Royal Rangers fans...

A Boy Named Crow

German football is immense, not just because of teams like Bayern etc, the whole set up is brilliant.  You can bevy in the stands, if memory serves, your match ticket also gets you on the train, the teams actually respect their fans too. 

My brothers and I used to go over to watch Eintracht once or twice a season. One time, at the end of the season, the club announced at half time that they were giving the ultras €10k, for banners or whatever, just because!

The more I see of how sport is done around the world,  the more backwards the Scottish set up becomes. 

On 23/05/2020 at 18:14, Tazio said:

Bayern really are relentless when they hit top gear. 
Also I’ve always enjoyed watching Thomas Muller, he doesn’t seem to have a position and just wanders around the place causing chaos. And he’s also a top quality wind up merchant. 

the raumdeuter position is accredited to him. it means "space investigator" in german apparently.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/03/31/thomas-muller-the-first-and-possible-last-ramdeuter/

2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

German football is immense, not just because of teams like Bayern etc, the whole set up is brilliant.  You can bevy in the stands, if memory serves, your match ticket also gets you on the train, the teams actually respect their fans too. 

My brothers and I used to go over to watch Eintracht once or twice a season. One time, at the end of the season, the club announced at half time that they were giving the ultras €10k, for banners or whatever, just because!

The more I see of how sport is done around the world,  the more backwards the Scottish set up becomes. 

match day experience is class. Went to see Hertha. pop up BBQs and beer gardens in streets leading up to the stadium. selling schnitzels, sausages and pork chops etc. Plenty beer, no hanging around was bought out by a waitress to the big long bench tables everyone was sitting at. Helped it was a roasting hot day. Chants etc on the go. Ticket gets you an unlimited day ticket type thing for all the trains etc. 4 huge trains lined up after game to take fans back to city. Despites 1000s it was so efficient and no hanging about.

Only thing thats weird in germany is fixtures are given by weekend. They can be changeable anytime from Fri night til mon night depending on tv etc can be moved up to a few weeks before game.

Got stung in hamburg when they shifted from the saturday to the monday night 2 weeks before we travelled.

Rick James
3 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

One thing you'll notice a lot in German football (not right now of course) is that at full time, the players go over to the ultras to get their feelings regardless of the result. Of course if its a good result the players will feel the gratitude and enjoy these moments with the fans but if it's a bad result, they're expected to line up and stand for a few moments taking the pelters they deserve from fans. 

Absolutely love the German fan experience.

Pasquale for King
On 23/05/2020 at 17:55, Smithee said:

Wolfsburg went out their way to help us when we were on our bare arse

Good point, it was a great game too.

Rick James

Hoping this game could be a corker. Hertha lead early on again Leipzig, but knowing them, coupled with Hertha's current form, there will be more goals to come.

Rick James
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Big night for Fortuna, time to destroy those Schalke diddies..

Called a 0-0 draw before it and I'm yet to be convinced otherwise.

Although you'd be forgiven for thinking Schalke were the side in the relegation dogfight.

Rick James
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

At last Fortuna’s good play brings a win. 

Happy for Uwe Rosler. Always seems like a good guy.

• 5 months later...