Adopted German sides

Jeff

Prince Buaben
Just now, TheBigO said:

What are the games on? Need Sky Sports or something?

Bt Sport

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick James

• Tazio

• Midloth_Iain

• The Internet

29 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Bt Sport

Hm. Think I have my dad's login!

Not watched a game outwith Scottish football for years!!

Jingle Bells
42 minutes ago, Locky said:

Quite right. Would've been horrible to experience that.

I remember being genuinely astounded when I found out they have never won a league title or German cup. They were champions in 1930 and 1931 of Germany, but it was a very different format and structure.

There's still hope yet Locky.
The last I heard they were having a new purpose built football stadium or planning to.

Thankfully we live in better times now, I think just about.

If anything ,1860 have the distinquishment of having even worse owners than us. over the  years.
They are the Munich city team whilst Bayern tend to be viewed as  the Bavarian " national side" 
They have a huge latent support, if they could ever get their act together, a bit like Hearts.

I like my trips to Munich,  hence the interest.
cleardot.gif

Hopefully it is a good watch, but after lasting 5mins watching 'behind closed doors' games in CL/EL watching football in an empty stadium on tv is dire.

Right now, with being starved of football of any kind i'll give it a go.

3 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Bt Sport

What channel? I can't see anything listed.

Forget that, think I'm good.

Edited by graygo

The Internet

Watching the dortmund game, is quite weird. I've watched games played 'behind closed doors' before but there was usually at least a handful of people present for those, this is proper empty :lol:

Seymour M Hersh

I hadn't realised that Dortmund actually had terracing and not the "safe stand-in" stuff like the mhanks. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

It might be closed doors but no shortage of good hefty challenges in the Fortuna game. The lack of sound from the crowd makes you realise how firmly players hit the ball when passing. Or at least compared to Scottish ones. 

This is difficult to watch.

A sobering reminder of the importance of fans. This might work for finishing the league but a whole campaign like this would be unwatchable.

The Internet
1 minute ago, kila said:

A sobering reminder of the importance of fans. This might work for finishing the league but a whole campaign like this would be unwatchable.

A whole season like this isn't viable or even part of the plans for any league I don't think? It's just to get to the end of the season. 

underwaterwoodwelder

Dortmund for me.

Im watching them beat Schalke 1 nil at the moment on Bein HD 1 live....

Football is back whoop whoop 🙌 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

A whole season like this isn't viable or even part of the plans for any league I don't think? It's just to get to the end of the season. 

I thought they were doing behind closed doors to kick off next season too until fans can get back in grounds?

The Internet

Dortmund have been good. Obviously  doesn't feel as exciting without fans but don't think it's affected the quality of the game too much. Though dortmund are a good watch at the worst of times anyway. 

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Did the schalke keeper win a contest to play in this game? 

He is absolute garbage. Nowhere near the last two goals - I didn't see the 1st one.

Could do a job ? 😃

annushorribilis III

Just to say, I'd rather watch crowd-less Bundesliga games than Dundee v Motherwell any day. 

3 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

He is absolute garbage. Nowhere near the last two goals - I didn't see the 1st one.

Could do a job ? 😃

Did Levein recommend him?

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Did the schalke keeper win a contest to play in this game? 

The keeper on the bench isn't brilliant either... 

All of those games and I end up watching the one with no goals so far. Fortuna have hit the woodwork 3 tines but can’t get the damn thing in the net. It’s all very familiar feeling. 

annushorribilis III

Started shouting at the laptop as I lost sound for the last 15 minutes .

Wife - I thought you said there was no atmosphere cos no crowds ?

Me - **** off. 

Also , what were Dortmund doing at the end (still no audio, bitch !) applauding the ball boys ? 😄

Jambof3tornado
56 minutes ago, benny said:

Switched off.Good enough game but football is boring without fans.

It is nothing without fans. I watched the first half of the Borussia D v Schalke game and it was rubbish, really really rubbish. Worse than watching a training session.

Schalke are absolutely horseshite, they got ripped to feckin shreds and gave up after about an hour in. Only Sane at Centerhalf and McKimmie in Midfield got pass marks for Schalke. 

Dortmund were different gravy, Brandt and Guerreiro were outstanding, big laddie up front Haaland too.

3 hours ago, kila said:

If this works for finishing the leagues then fair enough 

but if this was to be the future of football for a couple of years then

the game is finished it’s a realisation how serious things are

Tokyo Drifter
On 15/05/2020 at 10:39, davemclaren said:

My adopted side ( Hannover 96 ) are in the second Bundesliga unfortunately. 

Best crest. Used to follow Hertha a bit till my German pal who's a Werder Bremen fan said they had a very right-wing support. Quite like Bremen but they play in a Hibs top basically so don't like to talk about it. 

5 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hadn't realised that Dortmund actually had terracing and not the "safe stand-in" stuff like the mhanks. 

Yeah, they can put the seats in for CL/National games, but otherwise its the barriers for standing. Works pretty well. Well, they at least kept me upright when I went in hammered 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Dortmund=Timothy

Behave yourself :rofl:

Dortmund = Dortmund. Any green leanings are manufactured/promoted by Celtic to give the impression (Timpression?) that they are somehow on a par with Europe's elite. 

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Your team is shite mate.

Only chose them because of the Hearts connection. 😞

ToadKiller Dog

What today's games shows to me anyway , is that football needs supporters in the stadium or it just looks like a training exercise. 

Schalke were poor (the german side I follow because of friends connection ) they try to play a similar game style that Stendel wants us to play and like us dont have the players .

The Redbull side play that style also but usually much better at it .

The Internet

I'm pretty sure we all knew football is better with fans in the stadium but it's not really an option at this point. I like watching football and would rather watch football without fans than not at all. Not sure what folk were expecting :lol:

5 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'm pretty sure we all knew football is better with fans in the stadium but it's not really an option at this point. I like watching football and would rather watch football without fans than not at all. Not sure what folk were expecting :lol:

I was hoping one of the benches would do the thunderclap or something. ;)

Hamburg concede an equaliser with the last kick of the ball to draw 2-2 at Fürth. It’s almost as if they didn’t want to go back up.