Mafia Kill the Goons part IX

Rudi Skacel

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

First poster when the new day starts is always suspicious to me. Goons hanging around desperate for results.

I’m always around at result time. Good or bad.

You were only a couple of minutes behind me yourself.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yvonnejambo

• Dawnrazor

• Rudi Skacel

• Geoff Kilpatrick

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

yeah but that doesn’t count 🙄

vote Geoff

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

But I'm up and ready for work (in my study) with time difference! :laugh:

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, Groot said:

yeah but that doesn’t count 🙄

vote Geoff

Rattled your cage goonmaster?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Ok, any reason?

No!!! Don't I have to vote for someone?

My reasoning for having Ian on my goon list is his post about dawnrazor and being guided by goons. This may well be the case but it also sounds like something that a goon would say to try lead people onto someone. Prince has been too quiet and something about Bunny is striking me as off.

Rudi Skacel
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

vote Geoff

Dawnrazor, just for future reference, we dont normally allow votes when the post has been edited. However as its your first game and its quite abit to take in, just this once it can remain. If you make an arse of your vote in future just post again. Easier 👍

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You're wanting to vote for the people you think are bad guys. Anyone who is giving off bad vibes maybe because something they have said etc. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Fair enough. I am actually going to assume you are a mason with that PM chat despite Boof's denials so I won't vote for you in retaliation. However, I'm a townie so it is wasted.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Shapes said:

My reasoning for having Ian on my goon list is his post about dawnrazor and being guided by goons. This may well be the case but it also sounds like something that a goon would say to try lead people onto someone. Prince has been too quiet and something about Bunny is striking me as off.

I think that would be one of the ballsiest goon plays ever to have a newbie say that, particularly playing off against Boof. I think it was a genuine rush and Dawnrazor is actually good at face value, based on Boof being taken out by the goons.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think that would be one of the ballsiest goon plays ever to have a newbie say that, particularly playing off against Boof. I think it was a genuine rush and Dawnrazor is actually good at face value, based on Boof being taken out by the goons.

That's my thought too hence the vote for Ian for suggesting it. A deflection perhaps.

Edited by Shapes

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Im shite at this😭😭😭😭😭

All good. You can change votes with an unvote <person> and then vote <person>

I think in my first game I was a townie and I hadn't a scooby either! :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Im shite at this😭😭😭😭😭

Honestly if you had seen my first couple of games. I was all over the place (yes nothing has changed)

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Shapes said:

Honestly if you had seen my first couple of games. I was all over the place (yes nothing has changed)

You were a bloody pest in those games. I remember being a goon in one and we couldn't fathom whether to take you out or not!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

One of the best things about these games is the accusations flying around left, right and centre 😂

Oh and Dawnrazor, it'll all make sense eventually 👍 you can take your time to vote to give yourself more time to read people, but just don't do what I did and leave it so late that you don't reach the minimum post count and your voting rights get taken away! 

Geoff Kilpatrick

unvote Groot

vote Yvonne

Trying to stir up my undoubtedly shite goon list.

yvonnejambo
49 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

WTF? Obviously not the cop as you would know I was good if you were.

Day 2 Goon list

Yvonne

Groot

Ian

Taking Dunks off it for now given I jinxed everyone else on Day 1.

No I’m not the cop and how do you know the cop checked you out? 

yvonnejambo
1 minute ago, yvonnejambo said:

Ok just checked player list and I’m above you so if I was the cop I would have checked you out, but I’m not so there is no reason to trust you yet

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I don't. If you used BS, you would have investigated me. Then I wouldn't be on your list.

I actually only realised after I said I'd use BS that I was at the bottom of the player list so not even sure how that would work with nobody below me to investigate :lol: Just out of interest would you just investigate the person above you?

Not the cop anyway so doesn't actually matter tbf! 

25 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

On the 6th page at the start of day two. Brilliant. Keep it coming! 

Wooo

I agree - my work here is done :D

Wooo

2 minutes ago, Simo said:

I actually only realised after I said I'd use BS that I was at the bottom of the player list so not even sure how that would work with nobody below me to investigate :lol: Just out of interest would you just investigate the person above you?

Not the cop anyway so doesn't actually matter tbf! 

Personally if I was bottom of the player list I'd investigate the player at the top. But others might do it differently!

Second game in a row with a poor start and both involved Boof! Get that bar open man.

Couple of things nagging me from earlier, although some have been picked up. Away for another look.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
7 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Personally if I was bottom of the player list I'd investigate the player at the top. But others might do it differently!

Yep, top for me too 👍

2 hours ago, Shapes said:

unvote sheldon

vote smack

2 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I've quoted myself in a panic as I try to make the deadline. Nobody jumping to save me must speak volumes.

Vote Smack

let's make things interesting

So right before night, Shapes put smack into the lead. Sheldon lumped on, but just too late to count. Didn't matter in the end.

Explanations please?

Bunny Munro

Jeez. One day and a night and this place is catty as hell.

I'll stick a vote in tomorrow, interesting first day.

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

So right before night, Shapes put smack into the lead. Sheldon lumped on, but just too late to count. Didn't matter in the end.

Explanations please?

Given my explanation. Missed Smack unvoting Boof so thought he was throwing Boof under the bus and didn't want to risk losing someone I had a feeling wasn't a goon so chucked him in the tie, but then turned out I killed him because I can't count/I skim read

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I’m intrigued with this. Did Dawnrazor get advice from more experienced goons and try to frame Boof and cover up an earlier mistake? 

That’s probably one of the most intriguing first days we’ve had.

Or it was a rookie mistake that you are now highlighting now that we know Boof was good? Are you trying to stitch up Dawnrazor?

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Explanations please?

Mine was partly tit for tat, but as I explained what he was up to was very suspicious. I see what he was trying to do but in my panic to post 3 times and vote, I had to bring someone into the tie with me to save myself and he seemed like a reasonable choice.

I missed the unvote as this was all going on

Goon list for now:

Shapes

Sheldon

iant

Anyone got a post count? Got some lurkers too. Groot being one.

Unvote Geoff

**** me, miss the opening night, have a busy day at work and get screwed by the servers on here and I’m a lurker

if anybody knows anything I’m not the lurking type deliberately 

4 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Given my explanation. Missed Smack unvoting Boof so thought he was throwing Boof under the bus and didn't want to risk losing someone I had a feeling wasn't a goon so chucked him in the tie, but then turned out I killed him because I can't count/I skim read

1 minute ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Mine was partly tit for tat, but as I explained what he was up to was very suspicious. I see what he was trying to do but in my panic to post 3 times and vote, I had to bring someone into the tie with me to save myself and he seemed like a reasonable choice.

I missed the unvote as this was all going on

Apologies - you both posted at the same time as me :D

Sounds plausible Shapes and perhaps you were specifically saving Boof. But that does seem a tad risky in terms of outing yourself to the goons. Your name stays on the list for now.

Why were you so desperate to save yourself Sheldon? No need if you are townie - sacrifice yourself for the greater good and all that. That said, nobody else looked like even attempting to save you .... apart from ..... Shapes! You too will stay on the list for now.

Will consider voting intentions in the morning.

14 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Sounds plausible Shapes and perhaps you were specifically saving Boof. But that does seem a tad risky in terms of outing yourself to the goons. Your name stays on the list for now.

Why were you so desperate to save yourself Sheldon? No need if you are townie - sacrifice yourself for the greater good and all that. That said, nobody else looked like even attempting to save you .... apart from ..... Shapes! You too will stay on the list for now.

Wasn't even a specific saving thing, more being cautious as had a feeling he wasn't a goon and the last time someone was chucked under the bus late on, it was the cop. (Boof - you're a pain in the bloody arse!)  Turns out I chucked someone under the bus but at least they weren't roled I suppose. 

Now I’m on 3 goon lists :lol:. Quite a few people seem desperate to to turn the heat on me. On the plus side, I’m expendable so at least you guys aren’t killing off a roled player if you press ahead with this.

My own goon list:

Dawnrazor

Shapes

Geoff

Dawnrazors post about PMs was dodgy, even for a newbie, his second post regarding Boof could have been an attempt to frame him.

Shapes, put Smack out in front late on.

Geoff, desperate to put attention on me.

vote Shapes

Be interesting to see who else goes with the easy pile on because of my mistake, which I think is clear to see was genuine.

@iantjambo I'm intrigued as to why you're still peddling the dawnrazor thing. Everyone gets a PM and he could simply have meant he asked Rudi. Seems a very goonly thing to do trying to deflect attention onto a newbie because of something they have said in their first game.

1 minute ago, Shapes said:

Be interesting to see who else goes with the easy pile on because of my mistake, which I think is clear to see was genuine.

@iantjambo I'm intrigued as to why you're still peddling the dawnrazor thing. Everyone gets a PM and he could simply have meant he asked Rudi. Seems a very goonly thing to do trying to deflect attention onto a newbie because of something they have said in their first game.

Because, new player or not, it was suspicious. I could be completely wrong but you can’t say it isn’t worth mentioning. My thought behind it was that he was in a pm group with other people and clumsily (first game error) mentioned that he had asked people in pm (you’re right, it could just have been Rudi he asked). Realising his mistake, some more experienced goons could have got him to do some damage control and frame Boof, after all why mention pms on the thread for a second time after he had been called on it the first time he did it. Surely he would’ve learned that lesson earlier.

Vlad Magic

Just getting an early post in for my 5.

Will digest the nights events later after brew and dog walk.

Will put a Goon list up as well.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
7 hours ago, Dunks said:

I didn't fancy being lynched on night 1. I could have sacrificed myself but what if I had brought a goon into the tie with me and things had gone in the town's favour? In my eyes it was worth a shot.

Smack unvoted me when there wasnt a last ditch attempt to save me. Would goons let one of their own be killed so easily on the first night?

at least we didn't lose the cop or doc

vlads accusations of boof trying to save me are loooking suspicious. it is as if he is being guided by an experienced player to distract from his goonliness 

Vlad Magic
43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

at least we didn't lose the cop or doc

vlads accusations of boof trying to save me are loooking suspicious. it is as if he is being guided by an experienced player to distract from his goonliness 

Im holding my hands up and saying I got that one wrong.

It did look very suspicious at the time though.

Im a little lost now as I was convinced he was bad.

Going to read it all back and have a rethink.

8 hours ago, Groot said:

if anybody knows anything I’m not the lurking type deliberately 

I don't recall seeing you in other games - were you someone else before Groot?

8 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I don't recall seeing you in other games - were you someone else before Groot?

He was Malky McFrench in a previous life :D

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

He was Malky McFrench in a previous life :D

Well that does explain a lot!

Vote Groot :D

9 hours ago, Dunks said:

Or it was a rookie mistake that you are now highlighting now that we know Boof was good? Are you trying to stitch up Dawnrazor?

Eh?........Me?..........Why?