• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yvonnejambo

• Dawnrazor

• Rudi Skacel

• Geoff Kilpatrick

I vote iantjambo.........don't know what for but everyone else is voting for folk!

9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

@Dawnrazor you are voting for which player you want killed.

The most votes at the deadline gets whacked

👍 do we want to kill as .any as possible or the assassin or what? Excuse my ignorance 😥

1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

Afternoon...

If i was the doc i would use BS

49 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:what:

:lol: 

jambosean75

back to my first guess

vote boof

being to quiet, must be trying to hide his goonlyness 

33 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

👍 do we want to kill as .any as possible or the assassin or what? Excuse my ignorance 😥

depends what role you are. If you’re a goon then you want to try and kill townspeople and assassin.

If you’re a townsperson you want to find and kill goons or the assassin.

If you’re Assassin, you want find and kill all other roled players (cop, doc, masons and goons).

Just keep an eye on what’s happening on the thread this game. It’ll become clearer as we go.

IF YOU’RE ROLED THEN DON’T REVEAL IT ON THE MAIN THREAD.

Edited by iantjambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

depends what role you are. If you’re a goon then you want to try and kill townspeople and assassin.

If you’re a townsperson you want to find and kill goons or the assassin.

If you’re Assassin, you want find and kill all other roled players (cop, doc, masons and goons).

Just keep an eye on what’s happening on the thread this game. It’ll become clearer as we go.

IF YOU’RE ROLED THEN DON’T REVEAL IT ON THE MAIN THREAD.

I remember a game where Boof got everyone to say "I'm a goon" which all non goons could do by the rules. Can't remember who was modding but that was overruled! :laugh:

jambosean75

during the last game boof ran I was a goon and was getting accused of being the assassin

asked the following

do the rules allow me to say "I am the assassin" to prove i'm not the assassin

I think I tried getting away with something similar - in fact tried to encourage everyone to say "I am a goon" then the goons would have been modkilled :lol:  Would've led to a very short game and I didn't last long thereafter!

So I'm going to have to say No, you can't but feel free to hint, bluff, suggest, obfuscate...

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I remember a game where Boof got everyone to say "I'm a goon" which all non goons could do by the rules. Can't remember who was modding but that was overruled! :laugh:

Sounds like a Boof plan :rofl:

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ideally we'd lynch goons each day. Most votes at end of day = lynch.

Unfortunately they have a habit of either not posting much and kinda blending into the background and remaining forgotten about, or they post relatively frequently to try and blend in to the active goon-hunters.

First day is pretty much pot luck if we hit a goon. If one becomes under threat the others have to make a conscious decision whether to try and save him - and thus become associated with them, whenever we discover their goonliness - or sacrifice them. If saving they'll try to do so as subtly as they can. If sacrificing they might even vote for them, but less likely on day 1 when often someone gets lynched with just a handful of votes...sometimes only 2 when it goes to a tiebreak.

Cop and Doc are our most important town roles so hopefully they'll be blending into the background (which might make them appear goonly to my highly suspicious nature - catch-22!!) so that folk don't vote for them. If the Cop uses BS (declares that on night 1 he'll investigate the player below them on the player-list) then the masons will find out 2 things. (1) the status of the investigatee and (2) the ID of the Cop. Knowing the Cop can help the masons to vote appropriately to protect him if he ever comes under threat from misguided townies or goons. As long as that doesn't happen on day 1 (cough - nobody mention previous game, please!)

The masons - pretty much explained above but can become a relatively town-helpful group once they know who the cop is and can, later on, publish trust lists of known good folk. That comes later on, though - the only folk they can trust for now are their fellow masons and to make that known now would be folly in the extreme as the goons would have a roled player to whack at night.

The assassin - I'm usually pretty neutral about. They ARE in to win it for themself (in this game). As long as sufficient roled townies stay alive, though, they should be findable and lynchable eventually.

So it's up to yourself, but I like to get rid of goons first then assassin. Have I voted for any yet? Not a clue!!! That's the frustrating part of the game that keeps me hooked...hoping that, one day, I'll be able to spot one!

Sorry for the delay - internet went bosoms skywards for a wee while then I went and made some lunch.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Sorry folks. Busy day at work so not had a chance to read the thread this morning.

Hoping for a sharp finish so I can have a look back and spot a goon 👍

Edited by Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Had to drag myself out of bed. 

I'm going to vote sheldon since he was last to post

46 minutes ago, Boof said:

Unfortunately they have a habit of either not posting much and kinda blending into the background and remaining forgotten about, or they post relatively frequently to try and blend in to the active goon-hunters.

First day is pretty much pot luck if we hit a goon. If one becomes under threat the others have to make a conscious decision whether to try and save him - and thus become associated with them, whenever we discover their goonliness - or sacrifice them. If saving they'll try to do so as subtly as they can. If sacrificing they might even vote for them, but less likely on day 1 when often someone gets lynched with just a handful of votes...sometimes only 2 when it goes to a tiebreak.

Cop and Doc are our most important town roles so hopefully they'll be blending into the background (which might make them appear goonly to my highly suspicious nature - catch-22!!) so that folk don't vote for them. If the Cop uses BS (declares that on night 1 he'll investigate the player below them on the player-list) then the masons will find out 2 things. (1) the status of the investigatee and (2) the ID of the Cop. Knowing the Cop can help the masons to vote appropriately to protect him if he ever comes under threat from misguided townies or goons. As long as that doesn't happen on day 1 (cough - nobody mention previous game, please!)

The masons - pretty much explained above but can become a relatively town-helpful group once they know who the cop is and can, later on, publish trust lists of known good folk. That comes later on, though - the only folk they can trust for now are their fellow masons and to make that known now would be folly in the extreme as the goons would have a roled player to whack at night.

The assassin - I'm usually pretty neutral about. They ARE in to win it for themself (in this game). As long as sufficient roled townies stay alive, though, they should be findable and lynchable eventually.

So it's up to yourself, but I like to get rid of goons first then assassin. Have I voted for any yet? Not a clue!!! That's the frustrating part of the game that keeps me hooked...hoping that, one day, I'll be able to spot one!

Sorry for the delay - internet went bosoms skywards for a wee while then I went and made some lunch.

Hey, I was a goon last game and I was very vocal.

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Hey, I was a goon last game and I was very vocal.

2nd half of 2nd paragraph of my post...that raised my suspicions about you. Not enough to vote for you at that time as I - completely erroneously :facepalm: - found others dodgier.

54 minutes ago, Boof said:

So trust nobody and suspect everyone :D

56 minutes ago, Boof said:

Cheers Boof, that's better info than you've been giving me in the PM's👍

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

So trust nobody and suspect everyone :D

Pretty much like real life then!

On the BS thing, what is the point in not using BS? 

The good guys all say we'd use BS if we could. The bad guys all say they'd use BS as they want to sound like good guys. So why say it? Under what circumstances would the Cop not use BS on day 1?

Question open to all, but I expect 300 words from Boof :D 

6 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Under what circumstances would the Cop not use BS on day 1?

Someone playing Cop for the first time?

Newbies?

It just gives the masons closer to 100% confirmation that the person they think is likely to be the cop actually IS the cop.

That's how I'd see it since day 1 throws up little else in the way of handy information.

9 minutes ago, Dunks said:

On the BS thing, what is the point in not using BS? 

The good guys all say we'd use BS if we could. The bad guys all say they'd use BS as they want to sound like good guys. So why say it? Under what circumstances would the Cop not use BS on day 1?

Question open to all, but I expect 300 words from Boof :D 

I'm confused about be able to investigate the person below you in the list if you're one of the cops, how do you do the "investigation"??

Cheers for the summary Boof - Pleasantly surprised I had it down but helpful for a newbie anyway so won't vote you day 1 now ;)

Bunny Munro
7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm confused about be able to investigate the person below you in the list if you're one of the cops, how do you do the "investigation"??

Whoever is running the game (in this case Rudi) will ask the cop who they want to investigate at 'night'.

'Night' happens when someone is killed. Either by a deadline passing, or by someone being lynched.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Bunny Munro
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

Newbies?

It just gives the masons closer to 100% confirmation that the person they think is likely to be the cop actually IS the cop.

That's how I'd see it since day 1 throws up little else in the way of handy information.

BS is a problem if you hit a goon on night one as it give the goons a pretty good idea who the cop is. .

It's probably still worth it, but that's the major drawback.

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

Whoever is running he game (in this case Rudi) will ask the cop who they want to investigate at 'night'.

'Night' happens when someone is killed. Either by a deadline passing, or by someone being lynched.

Ok...........so Rudi investigates who the cops name?

8 minutes ago, Boof said:

Newbies?

the one issue could be if they investigate a goon using BS then the goons have a 1/3 chance of guessing the cop

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

That's the night time activity after deadline.

Cop investigates someone by sending their name in a PM to Rudi. Rudi will reply to the Cop with 'PlayerX is a townie'.

Rudi also lets masons know that PlayerX is a townie.

Doc lets Rudi know in a PM which player he wishes to protect from a goon-whack. Very difficult to get it right but some folk are pretty good at it.

Goons PM Rudi with the name of the person they'd like to remove from the game. On a good night they'd choose the person whom the Doc has protected.

Assassin PMs Rudi with the person they'd like to kill. Could also be protected by Doc.

That's what happens - all via PM while the rest of us are twiddling our thumbs awaiting the start of the next day.

I think that's the order Rudi takes the actions - Doc and Cop might be other way around but immaterial. It'll say in the OP.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the one issue could be if they investigate a goon using BS then the goons have a 1/3 chance of guessing the cop

They still have to be wary of targetting the cop though as the masons will be (or bloody well should be!) alert to any hint of ganging up and they'll know exactly who to keep an eye on. 

I'd say its benefits outweigh its disadvantages. Sometimes. Maybe...

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Ok...........so Rudi investigates who the cops name?

There's only one cop which is why we'll be trying to keep him alive as long as we can. Trouble is - we won't know who it is and if the masons make it too obvious that one person in particular is being protected, the goons will know who to try whacking at night. Hopefully we'll have a good Doc who'll be able to notice this. Thankfully for the town I'm not the Doc 'cause I'm pretty rubbish at it :lol: 

It's quite intriguing when you, sort of , understand what's going on, I'm starting to feel like one of tbe geeky kids at school who listened to Marrilion and played Dungeons and Dragons 🤣

17 minutes ago, Boof said:

That's the night time activity after deadline.

Cop investigates someone by sending their name in a PM to Rudi. Rudi will reply to the Cop with 'PlayerX is a townie'.

Rudi also lets masons know that PlayerX is a townie.

Doc lets Rudi know in a PM which player he wishes to protect from a goon-whack. Very difficult to get it right but some folk are pretty good at it.

Goons PM Rudi with the name of the person they'd like to remove from the game. On a good night they'd choose the person whom the Doc has protected.

Assassin PMs Rudi with the person they'd like to kill. Could also be protected by Doc.

That's what happens - all via PM while the rest of us are twiddling our thumbs awaiting the start of the next day.

I think that's the order Rudi takes the actions - Doc and Cop might be other way around but immaterial. It'll say in the OP.

Right, that good info cheers, its coming togeather now.

yvonnejambo
20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's quite intriguing when you, sort of , understand what's going on, I'm starting to feel like one of tbe geeky kids at school who listened to Marrilion and played Dungeons and Dragons 🤣

Dungeons and dragons is extremely cool again! I am a youth worker and we have (before lockdown) D & D groups which are full with waiting lists to join. It’s much more advanced than the book and dice I remember as a kid though 😁

Oh and even after playing many games of this I’m generally pretty clueless as to what’s going on, but it’s good fun trying to work out who is good or bad

Edited by yvonnejambo

Boof makes it all sound so surgical. Grudges and vendettas are carried from game to game. For instance Geoff "Jersey's for sale" Kilpatrick will vote you down for irritating him with gifs in previous games. Groot will vote for Sean and it's worth noting he hasn't. I'm sure there's plenty more seethe lying just beneath the surface so it can be worth scratching around and seeing if a mask slips. In that spirit

Unvote ian 

Vote Boof

Too quiet. 

yvonnejambo
7 minutes ago, Smack said:

Unvote ian 

Vote Boof

Too quiet. 

Surely that’s a good thing, pages of Boofs theories are not always beneficial 😂

Sorry Boof 

Rudi Skacel

Upto this point, everyone is on 5 or more posts with the exception of

@Groot - 1 post

@Prince Buaben - 4 posts

@Dr. Sheldon Cooper - 2 posts

deadline 9pm tonight.

I am about to do a vote count (forgive me im doing this with pencil and paper) their votes will be counted in the vote count. They will be counted in the vote count. It is only when deadline hits at 9pm do their votes get removed.  

29 minutes ago, Smack said:

Boof makes it all sound so surgical. Grudges and vendettas are carried from game to game. For instance Geoff "Jersey's for sale" Kilpatrick will vote you down for irritating him with gifs in previous games. Groot will vote for Sean and it's worth noting he hasn't. I'm sure there's plenty more seethe lying just beneath the surface so it can be worth scratching around and seeing if a mask slips. In that spirit

Unvote ian 

Vote Boof

Too quiet. 

tbf has @Groot actually posted yet?

Rudi Skacel

Vote count

boof - 3

bunny - 2

smack - 2

iaintjambo - 2

dunks - 1

dr. Sheldon - 1

milky - 1

4 to vote.  9 for a lynch

Rudi Skacel

Just for laughs, here is my system! Last time I ran a game I had a computer. Now I just have my phone!!

pain in the....

624A297C-AFD9-470B-A62F-E5C1D81C3086.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Just for laughs, here is my system! Last time I ran a game I had a computer. Now I just have my phone!!

pain in the....

Aye lack of a pc is a bugger for doing these games

yvonnejambo
9 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

pain in the....

😁 so if it’s a tie are you just going to write the names on a bit paper and randomly select? 😆

yvonnejambo
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'll vote Yvonne again. 

Same reason as last time. The 4 goons may be a clever double bluff.

Wouldn’t be very clever if I was a goon as would draw attention on myself needlessly. 

Obviously you're stopping counting posts once the poster reaches 5 as this is number 21 for me...and folk say I'm being quiet!!

I'll be keeping my eye on you Smack, Sean and Prince B...

Please - a penalty shoot out if there's a tie! :lol: