Kevin Harper

neilnunb

queensferryjambo
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We dick scored a goal to all but end our league challenge... And he played for hibs. 

Our league challenge had already ended when Tommy Coyne equalised for Motherwell late on in the game before.

queensferryjambo
7 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Remember this no mark of an ex Hibee slagging Hearts off for asking the players to take pay cuts, calling it 'shocking'

I see he's now left his job after being asked to take a pay cut!

🤣🖕

To be fair he has at least practiced what he preached.

I very much doubt a pile of the other ex players and media pundits would have done the same,

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

I find it rather strange that your post above remains on this thread after one of mine and at least one of yours have mysteriously vanished into the ether. 

Bawz, it makes no sense unless they ate all there. 

Just looks daft on it's own. 

Ehllhayapeh
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

He was a decent player. 

My Ex was a Portsmouth girl and I saw him play for Pompey quite a few times.

He was pretty decent for them.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Our league challenge had already ended when Tommy Coyne equalised for Motherwell late on in the game before.

I still had hopes. 

We where 1-0 up iirc correctly at ER as well. 

Jingle Bells
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If I remember correctly they had Ex Barcelona player Steve Archibald in their team, rumour has he was practically coaching the teen and picking the tactics. He gave them a certain amount of professionalism and winning attitude, a bit like Sauzee did as a player anyway.

Harper was quick and a good finisher but like a few from down Leith never quite reached his potential.

Paying Archibald whilst having sub 10k crowds Thats not cheating though, parasites that they are.

Edited by Jingle Bells
add

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Paying Archibald whilst having sub 10k crowds Thats not cheating though, parasites that they are.

Fair point, it was at the tail end of Millers 10 year reign 😂

Jingle Bells
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair point, it was at the tail end of Millers 10 year reign 😂

Aye their flare football period

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Aye their flare football period

Funny they never mention that period? Or realise that Archibald was one of their best ever strikers.

Jingle Bells
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Funny they never mention that period? Or realise that Archibald was one of their best ever strikers.

Houchen was another one that they couldn't afford according to what income was comming in or that Tom Hart whom bought Joe Harper from his own pocket rather than from Club funds, as they didn't have the money.

Tom Hart of course was a Jambo but the Bowling Club Committee wouldn't allow him onto the Board ,in the early 1970s, so ended up with that mob instead.

Edited by Jingle Bells
add

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jingle Bells said:

Houchen was another one that they couldn't afford according to what income was comming in or that Hart? bought Joe Harper from his own pocket rather than from Club funds, as they didn't have the money.

Hart? of course was a Jambo but the Bowling Club Committee wouldn't allow him onto the Board ,in the early 1970s, so ended up with that mob instead.

I didn’t know that. I used to work for Frank Graham in 1988 when they sponsored turn, he was a Celtic fan. They were selling shares at that point and wanted him to buy a Millions worth, he just laughed. We were rounded up to go and be the crowd for the promotion video, Duff and Gray were there on the pitch. They said we were to act like fans, so I was booing and shouting how ****ing shite they were 🤷🏾‍♂️😆.

sandylejambo

Didn't he score a beauty at Easter Rd when we were up 4-0, and as they had mostly disappeared we celebrated for them?

LogicalEric

Harper was a decent player back in the day, thought he would’ve done more when he went down to Derby.

Now he’s retired he can be filed alongside Kane,McManus,Riordan et al who regurgitate the Hibs.net level of intelligence when asked a question about us which is gold dust to rags like the Record, Sun etc.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I still had hopes. 

Nah, Hibs were 1up. Robbo came on and equalised with a freekick, but they won it near(ish) the end.

Samuel Camazzola

The Evening News will have another no-mark to wheel out regularly to give their opinions on all things Hearts related. We got a snippet of him last month so expect some regular content now. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Nah, Hibs were 1up. Robbo came on and equalised with a freekick, but they won it near(ish) the end.

Correct, I knew that as well. 

Cheers. 

queensferryjambo
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I still had hopes. 

We were 1-0 down and Robertson equalised with a free kick. The Hibs winner was a late one as well.

The games that piss me off in that season in retrospect where the games in the last quarter when we were winning but ended up drawing especially the ones with late equalisers - Rangers at Ibrox (in the 92nd minute), Kilmarnock at home, Motherwell & St Johnstone at home were both late equalisers as well, and we were in the lead twice at Pittodrie.  

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, queensferryjambo said:

We were 1-0 down and Robertson equalised with a free kick. The Hibs winner was a late one as well.

The games that piss me off in that season in retrospect where the games in the last quarter when we were winning but ended up drawing especially the ones with late equalisers - Rangers at Ibrox (in the 92nd minute), Kilmarnock at home, Motherwell & St Johnstone at home were both late equalisers as well, and we were in the lead twice at Pittodrie.  

😂😂

Mean't to be 😭😭, can't delete happy faces. 

Litterally ran out of steam. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Jingle Bells
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t know that. I used to work for Frank Graham in 1988 when they sponsored turn, he was a Celtic fan. They were selling shares at that point and wanted him to buy a Millions worth, he just laughed. We were rounded up to go and be the crowd for the promotion video, Duff and Gray were there on the pitch. They said we were to act like fans, so I was booing and shouting how ****ing shite they were 🤷🏾‍♂️😆.

The Horror!

According to my Late Grandad and confirmed independently elsewhere.

Remember standing on the top of the Matterhorn mid-winter and suffering hypothermia as a consequence, during the terracing days.
Funny how they have created a new shit hole for themselves, in terms of modern stadia.

I do some work with disadvantaged teenagers and there are quite a number that Social Services buy a season ticket for,  in return for good behaviour during the week.
Most are Tic fans but have a Season Ticket for Fester.
Seems like the the Green alliance is still as strong as ever despite the fact that the Tic borrowed their players and then never gave them back.

TBF to Social Services, if you .are a Jambo they will get a Season Ticket for Tynie instead, under the same terms.