Fortnite

Muppetboy

Both my 2 love this but if I hear the terms ‘bot’ ‘sweat’ ‘knocked one’ or ‘ready up , many more times I’ll go effing nuts 

lockdowns just making the annoyance worse!

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Both my 2 love this but if I hear the terms ‘bottom’ ‘sweaty’ ‘knocked one out’ or ‘Ready? Up!' , many more times I’ll go effing nuts 

:wow: Are you sure they're playing Fortnite?  

Not heard my son use any of these terms and he's been playing it for around 2 years, or it seems like it at least. 

The one I don't get is "I'M GOING TO YEET YOU" or "I JUST YEETED HIM" 

I thought it was just my son being daft, but I've heard a good few kids say it. 

Diadora Van Basten

My son used to play this a couple of years ago and spent every waking moment on it.

He doesn’t play it any more thank goodness but still spends all his time on the Xbox.

16 hours ago, Col1874 said:

Not heard my son use any of these terms and he's been playing it for around 2 years, or it seems like it at least. 

The one I don't get is "I'M GOING TO YEET YOU" or "I JUST YEETED HIM" 

I thought it was just my son being daft, but I've heard a good few kids say 

Yeet means to throw, according to my 8 year old step son. 

The only game he ever plays is minecraft. Tried to get him to play football games but no can do :(

26 minutes ago, jake said:

If you want to know why we are shite at football.

Aye. Remember when we used to win the World Cup all the time before computers were invented 

2 minutes ago, woody80 said:

Aye but we used to atleast qualify for tournaments.😅

Well we should introduce computers to the rest of the world and level the playing field then

11 minutes ago, mutley said:

Aye. Remember when we used to win the World Cup all the time before computers were invented 

3 minutes ago, mutley said:

Well we should introduce computers to the rest of the world and level the playing field then

No but 22 years when it's never been easier to qualify.

Theres obviously more to it than that but it's a massive factor .

13 minutes ago, jake said:

No but 22 years when it's never been easier to qualify.

Theres obviously more to it than that but it's a massive factor .

No, it's not.

image.thumb.png.e63077a928d04d426e952e0cadefc1ff.png

Though it's not split out by nation in the UK, the UK itself plays video games 0.35 hours per week less than the global average among respondent countries. France is only 0.14 hours below the average and just won the World Cup, so given that result, and by the logic of "playing video games makes you shite at football" the Home Nations should have been the four semifinalists the past couple of tournaments.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No, it's not.

image.thumb.png.e63077a928d04d426e952e0cadefc1ff.png

Though it's not split out by nation in the UK, the UK itself plays video games 0.35 hours per week less than the global average among respondent countries. France is only 0.14 hours below the average and just won the World Cup, so given that result, and by the logic of "playing video games makes you shite at football" the Home Nations should have been the four semifinalists the past couple of tournaments.

Oh well we are just shite then.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Not "just shite". There are a lot of reasons: Having a massive league that isn't part of a different country when it comes to TV and TV rights--i.e. the Jupiler League is right next to the Bundesliga geographically, but the Belgies aren't having to go directly up against the Germans in their own domestic TV contract rights negotiations. Having sport and physical activity as public health / interest initiatives chronically underfunded while 99% of said money goes to London. See: 2016 Olympics. A domestic league that has had a total of two champions for 35 years, in large part because everything about it is set up for their benefit alone, and certainly not for the greater good of football in the country. A backwards thinking, corrupt FA and national setup. And on and on and on.

But video games? Mate.

1 hour ago, jake said:

It all goes down to political correctness and stuff. 

I used to coach a football team and I emailed the woman at the clowncil who deals with the sat morning friendlies, asking if there were any cup competitions we could enter. 

Her response was that there are none, because it can have a detrimental effect on the bairns if they lose, they want an even playing field. Load of bollocks if you ask me, and this I believe has a lot to do with why Scotland are so bad at football - I remember back in the day we'd play matches to win a cup and have something to play for, not just for the hell of it. 

Edited by Col1874

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

Not "just shite". There are a lot of reasons: Having a massive league that isn't part of a different country when it comes to TV and TV rights--i.e. the Jupiler League is right next to the Bundesliga geographically, but the Belgies aren't having to go directly up against the Germans in their own domestic TV contract rights negotiations. Having sport and physical activity as public health / interest initiatives chronically underfunded while 99% of said money goes to London. See: 2016 Olympics. A domestic league that has had a total of two champions for 35 years, in large part because everything about it is set up for their benefit alone, and certainly not for the greater good of football in the country. A backwards thinking, corrupt FA and national setup. And on and on and on.

But video games? Mate.

Ach I've been in jkb cooler just easing my way back into annoying everyone again.

Btw theres a guy on the terrace page 2 now looking for advice on finding an old website.

Somebody posted a link to a web you had been around.

Chokin to get on the Trump thread but resisting 😄

hughesie27
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Have never never played the game once. I ****ing hate it. 

Because it's for kids 

luckyBatistuta
On 13/05/2020 at 14:22, Muppetboy said:

Both my 2 love this but if I hear the terms ‘bot’ ‘sweat’ ‘knocked one’ or ‘ready up , many more times I’ll go effing nuts 

Jealous dad post :lol:

Got a tetchy 13 year old that plays it. Does my nut purely as his attitude stinks after playing the game, cant help getting getting beat. Prob like most teenagers would sit in their pit playing all day given the chance. Made worse now as I'm shielding and he played football/trained 6 out of 7 days to zilch, can't go past our front door at all at the moment. Did all I could to motivate to get in back garden, which worked for awhile but not the same. Which reverted back to Fortnite, its an addictive game no question in my mind. Fortunately his school have stepped up with a proper timetable for the kids with classes all sorted. This week been a challenge re home schooling, however he has not missed a class and I got him exercising again on the back of it. I'm now learning all sorts, Design and Manufacture???. Got an encouraging email from a pro club wanting to send him a remote training course (with diet, cardio, etc) as he was trialling for them prior to lock down  and giving him a chance for their under 16's.  He needs to prove himself in this lock down, so up to him to excel or wont be selected when we go back. This I have I told him he is very lucky to have the chance.

Apologies,  appreciate the OP not on about this in particular but I hate this game. I'm now very grateful we have things to keep him away from Fortnite and for most the game is good fun for the kids which they should enjoy. Fortnite is an amazing concept but a pain in the arse and in the same breath keeps him in touch with friends. Double edged sword.

Apologies for the rant, just caught a nerve at the wrong moment.  

Do The Dance
9 hours ago, Beave1874 said:

Got a tetchy 13 year old that plays it. Does my nut purely as his attitude stinks after playing the game, cant help getting getting beat. Prob like most teenagers would sit in their pit playing all day given the chance. Made worse now as I'm shielding and he played football/trained 6 out of 7 days to zilch, can't go past our front door at all at the moment. Did all I could to motivate to get in back garden, which worked for awhile but not the same. Which reverted back to Fortnite, its an addictive game no question in my mind. Fortunately his school have stepped up with a proper timetable for the kids with classes all sorted. This week been a challenge re home schooling, however he has not missed a class and I got him exercising again on the back of it. I'm now learning all sorts, Design and Manufacture???. Got an encouraging email from a pro club wanting to send him a remote training course (with diet, cardio, etc) as he was trialling for them prior to lock down  and giving him a chance for their under 16's.  He needs to prove himself in this lock down, so up to him to excel or wont be selected when we go back. This I have I told him he is very lucky to have the chance.

Apologies,  appreciate the OP not on about this in particular but I hate this game. I'm now very grateful we have things to keep him away from Fortnite and for most the game is good fun for the kids which they should enjoy. Fortnite is an amazing concept but a pain in the arse and in the same breath keeps him in touch with friends. Double edged sword.

Apologies for the rant, just caught a nerve at the wrong moment.  

Lockdown's shite eh? Especially when you can see it affecting your kids future life. I'm the same with my kids. Hopefully a small blip in the grand scheme of things.

20 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Lockdown's shite eh? Especially when you can see it affecting your kids future life. I'm the same with my kids. Hopefully a small blip in the grand scheme of things.

Fingers crossed mate.