Beans in their own pot or on the plate

highlandjambo3

Breakfast beans in their own pot  

67 members have voted

1. 1. When having breakfast out do you prefer your beans in their own pot on the plate or, poured onto the plate?

• Pot
    • Plate

highlandjambo3

Interested to know what your views are on breakfast beans in their own pot or on the plate.  

Why?

You can put them where you want or, pour out as much as you want or, you don’t like bean juice everywhere.

D5EE9850-AF20-4DAF-A290-4F4CD25D7CAE.jpeg

9DAA027C-3CF3-4328-8230-56D8CED0646E.jpeg

Edited by highlandjambo3
Picture of our full breakfast

ArcticJambo

On the plate.  I'd be more worried about your anaemic sausages.

e: ... and bit too much tomato!

Edited by ArcticJambo

highlandjambo3
8 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

On the plate.  I'd be more worried about your anaemic sausages.

e: ... and bit too much tomato!

They are actually quite good quality, not the cheap fat jobs.  As the breakfast is cooked to order they cook quicker.....currently scoring 9.5 on booking.com fir breakfast, I’m just trying to get why some places serve them in a pot.

On the plate but they absolutely must not contaminate the bacon. Sausages are a natural barrier for this and in contrast to the bacon, can be mixed up with beans.

Almost punched a woman in Dobbies garden centre once when piled the contents of my complete breakfast in the middle of the biggest plate in the world. It was all in the centre like a collapsed breakfast jenga. Wee guys playing fitba on the rest of the plate.

Edit: my lovely bacon, buried under beans

Edited by IronJambo

ArcticJambo
23 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

They are actually quite good quality, not the cheap fat jobs.  As the breakfast is cooked to order they cook quicker.....currently scoring 9.5 on booking.com fir breakfast, I’m just trying to get why some places serve them in a pot.

Well, that is important. Personal preference; I just prefer my sausages fairly well done (certainly as opposed to underdone).  Anyway, sSounds like you're doing everything pretty much right.  :thumbsup:  I wouldn't worry about the wanky-tendency these days to serve stuff in separate plantpots/on slates/in a wicker basket the vast majority of folks will just appreciate a big old fashioned warmed plate.  Though, as IJ pointed out above, placement is important.  Good luck with your venture.

CostaJambo
50 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Interested to know what your views are on breakfast beans in their own pot or on the plate.  

Why?

You can put them where you want or, pour out as much as you want or, you don’t like bean juice everywhere.

Top one looks fantastic, maybe another slice of toast too?

32 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I usually find if they're in a pot there isn't a lot of them. 

As a punter, it wouldn't bother me either way, the benefits are as you mentioned but then you do generally feel like you don't get much when not on the plate. From your point of view, it might allow easier portion control with the pot, but then how much do the wee porcelain ramekins cost? And really, beans are tuppence so unless you're selling hunners, portion control isn't that big a deal. 

I'd be looking to get that bacon in a more deep lying central position, just off the mushrooms. Helps keep it warm. 

Suppose the upside to beans in a pot is the user can define what they are touching. 

Im a total weirdo, so if its a full English, in their own wee pop because i don't want it contaminating my meats. 🤷

On a baked potato or toast, all over with cheese and broon sauce.

Edited by Cruyff

highlandjambo3
57 minutes ago, Smack said:

I'd be looking to get that bacon in a more deep lying central position, just off the mushrooms. Helps keep it warm. 

Suppose the upside to beans in a pot is the user can define what they are touching. 

Edited by highlandjambo3
You’ve taken this to far........step away from the hot plate 😁

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Top one looks fantastic, maybe another slice of toast too?

Toast is self service......punters can make as much as they like.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

As a punter, it wouldn't bother me either way, the benefits are as you mentioned but then you do generally feel like you don't get much when not on the plate. From your point of view, it might allow easier portion control with the pot, but then how much do the wee porcelain ramekins cost? And really, beans are tuppence so unless you're selling hunners, portion control isn't that big a deal. 

Not to bothered about that, as a small business we prefer good quality over costs.

highlandjambo3
38 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Im a total weirdo, so if its a full English, in their own wee pop because i don't want it contaminating my meats. 🤷

Have you seen my location.........🤬🤬🤬

40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Full Scottish, you need tottie scones with yer Fry.

Unknown user

Beans are for bairns

Edit - which means in a pot please, don't need bean juice contaminating the good stuff.

Edited by Smithee

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Beans are for bairns

:troll:

Especially with Beans!

Edited by ri Alban

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Why?

For clarification, the two dark bits in the middle are black pudding & haggis 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Why?

Funny how people see things differently, I wouldn't have mushrooms, tomatoes or beans anywhere near my breakfast, and I'd probably be in tears at the missing square sausage and fruit slice.

highlandjambo3

Funny how people see things differently, I wouldn't have mushrooms, tomatoes or beans anywhere near my breakfast, and I'd probably be in tears at the missing square sausage and fruit slice.

Get yer coat......

:getout:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Could the pot pickers explain why that’s their preference please.

I don't want bean juice infesting my breakfast. My mrs will probably want them though, and she can pour them over whatever she wants.

highlandjambo3

I don't want bean juice infesting my breakfast. My mrs will probably want them though, and she can pour them over whatever she wants.

Thanks for your reply............Now we know who you are we can hunt you down 😁

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

My Mrs has to have dumpling with her breakfast.

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Thanks for your reply............Now we know who you are we can hunt you down 😁

I never even voted mu ha ha haaaa!

highlandjambo3
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I never even voted mu ha ha haaaa!

Sorry....blue on blue there.

So the pots are keeping their heads down.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

My Mrs has to have dumpling with her breakfast.

She has that everyday if she's eating wi you.

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

Was gonnae put (no me) after dumpling, but I thought feck it, let them have it. :D

56 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Have you seen my location.........🤬🤬🤬

53 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Full Scottish, you need tottie scones with yer Fry.

Sorry chaps. You defo need a couple of tattie scones. Red pudding too, do the english have red pudding, black pudding and tattie scones with their bacon, sausage and egg? 

Auld Reekin'

As far as breakfast is concerned, beans belong in the tin, and the tin unopened in the cupboard. Beans with breakfast is an American invention and - as such - should be shunned and play no part in a traditional British breakfast. So there.

Also not good enough just to heat the beans up. Cook them with a big lump of butter and some Worcestershire sauce and black pepper, thickens up the sauce and gives them loads of flavour. 

27 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

:vrwow:

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Hi Dumplin.

:wave1:

:rofl:

Autocorrect, it's darlin my wife has. Don't know this dumpling person.

Edited by ri Alban

highlandjambo3
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Sorry chaps. You defo need a couple of tattie scones. Red pudding too, do the english have red pudding, black pudding and tattie scones with their bacon, sausage and egg? 

Look at the picture......there is a tattie scone there.

Sooperstar
3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Give the choice of beans in a pot or on the plate and you might just sneak up to a 9.75.

On the plate.

One of the best flavours in life is bacon grease mixed with beans mixed with runny egg yolk. Usually only get the best of it right at the end, and I often lick my plate clean.

Stornoway black pudding too. Best there is.

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Why?

Mushrooms gie me the fear. Swap them with square sausage. And two eggs minimum.