Eggs

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo

I've lost the love for them. 

Let's hear what you do with them. 

Best recipe get's 3 grand from the mods. 

I love eggs, pretty much any way but I don’t like fried egg rolls. 
shakshuka is a pretty funky way to appreciate them. Make it in an frying pan or sauté panwith a lid.
onions and garlic fried off then add chopped tomatoes, and chopped red pepper if you want. Chuck in some cumin, paprika, and a pinch of chilli powder before you put the tomatoes in. Once it’s cooked down for about half an hour or so, press the back of a ladle into it to make a couple of big dents and crack an egg into each dent, number of eggs dependant on the size of pan. Then put the lid on and cook it until the eggs are set but the yolks are a bit runny depending on your taste. I like to put some coriander on top just before I serve it but I know a lot of people don’t like it. If you don’t have a pan with a lid you could finish it in the oven and bake the eggs. 

Edited by Tazio

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Good free range eggs poached on sour dough bread, salt and pepper.

I'm a big fan of sour dough pizza. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

shakshuka is a pretty funky way to appreciate them. Make it in an frying pan or sauté panwith a lid.
onions and garlic fried off then add chopped tomatoes, and chopped red pepper if you want. Chuck in some cumin, paprika, and a pinch of chilli powder before you put the tomatoes in. Once it’s cooked down for about half an hour or so, press the back of a ladle into it to make a couple of big dents and crack an egg into each dent, number of eggs dependant on the size of pan. Then put the lid on and cook it until the eggs are set but the yolks are a bit runny depending on your taste. I like to put some coriander on top just before I serve it but I know a lot of people don’t like it. If you don’t have a pan with a lid you could finish it in the oven and bake the eggs. 

I should also add you can do a cracking schemie version of this with baked beans and fried smokey bacon or chorizo chopped up through them with Worcestershire sauce and loads of black pepper. 

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I should also add you can do a cracking schemie version of this with baked beans and fried smokey bacon or chorizo chopped up through them with Worcestershire sauce and loads of black pepper. 

Mon the Schemie versions! 

Greedy Jambo

Ohhh shit, Just need some decent toast with that and heaven is a place on earth. 

image.jpg

AlimOzturk

Have eggs most mornings.

Favourite is fried or poached. Eggs always runny. 

Greedy Jambo
21 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thought you had gone off bread?  Or have I lost a few days on this forum?

I have totally gone off bread in the loaf sense. A couple of slices of toast with some perfectly boiled eggs dripping with yoke though...

AlimOzturk
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I have totally gone off bread in the loaf sense. A couple of slices of toast with some perfectly boiled eggs dripping with yoke though...

You have said on this thread you have lost love for eggs and bread but are salivating for both here 

Nuggets mate haha

Greedy Jambo
10 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You have said on this thread you have lost love for eggs and bread but are salivating for both here 

Nuggets mate haha

Ha, i know, I'm hard to understand sometimes. 

What i'm mostly saying is i'm hungry. 

I would enjoy some toast slices up to dip into some perfectly boiled eggs right now. 

Am i going to buy a loaf of bread anytime soon? no. 

Am i going to buy some eggs soon? probably now! omelette.

Have you tried those kfc style buckets that you get in the freezer department of various supermarkets?

I've got one. ha. I fully expect it to be absolute shite, ye i'm looking forward to it. 

Edited by Space Pirate

6 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Good free range eggs poached on sour dough bread, salt and pepper.

My cousin has ducks. I was sceptical but the large fresh duck eggs he gave me were the best ive had.

Poached on wholegrain and salt is my easy go to meal. Wee bit vinegar in the water is the key to perfect poached.

Meh. I need to be in the mood for them. 

Twice in the last couple of weeks I've turned down omelette's. I never turn down food being made for me.

I like a couple of fried eggs on toast if i'm in the mood for a healthy breakfast. Not that it's that healthy.

19 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I like fertilizing them 

I certainly love trying to, but I hope to god it never actually happens. Again.

9 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I've lost the love for them. 

Let's hear what you do with them. 

Best recipe get's 3 grand from the mods. 

Space Pirate, you are helping us all through lock down - take a bow. 

For me, eggs are a no no. The only way to overturn it is to scramble them, add them on spelt bread and hit the black pepper grinder hard. Better still, chop up some cherry tomatoes and toss them into the mix. Bring it on home. 

There's an Italian cookbook called the SIlverspoon that has the best egg recipe ever!

Start off your weekend with Eggs in red wine!

Caramelise onions then add chicken stock, red wine, balsamic and some peppercorns, reduce down until the sauce becomes sticky then poach the eggs

serve on roasted sourdough or an english muffin!

Fried (slowly so they're almost poached in oil, no manky burnt crispy bits in this hoose), scrambled, poached, boiled, egg mayo, florentine, arnold bennet, benedict, omelette, carbonara, french toast, croque madame, devilled, eggy in the basket, frittata, spanish omelette, scotch eggs,  huevos rancheros, souffles, meringue,  custard tarts, advocat,......and so on

:yas:

Poached.

Watched a Tom Kitchen video.

Leek and tattie soup, topped with poached egg.

Sounds marvelous.

CostaJambo
13 hours ago, Tazio said:

We make something very similar at home but with bacon lardons too. It is known as an Eggy Susan.

15 hours ago, Tazio said:

I'm always meaning to try this after seeing it on that Hemsley & Hemsley show.  Think I'll do it Friday.

Put either 6 whole eggs or 10 whites and 2 yolks and a mug or 2 of porridge into a microwave bowl. Then whisked and cooked for 6 minutes. Plated and covered in peanut butter or some Broon sauce or both.

Just depends on my training which egg choice I go with.

You can also use a frying pan with a we drop pan stray. Just too messy for my liking.

Edited by ri Alban

Eggs, the most disgusting of all foods.

I mean, would you consider wringing out a used tampon and cooking the juices? Same thing, you're just eating the by products of ovulation.

Mexican inspired 3 egg omelette. 

Don't over whisk the egg. A wee mix up with a fork is sufficient.

Add pepper and salt with a handful of grated cheddar before adding it to the pan. 

Add chorizo and chopped jalapenos before it starts to set and add more cheese to your taste if you want. Don't cook til it's fully set as for one it'll continue to cook on its own outwith the pan and secondly you want that nice creamy texture from the egg.

Plate it flat and crush a load of tortilla chips over one half of it, then add hot salsa and sour cream. Fold it over and dig in.

I absolutely love eggs.

So much so that I have 20 hens laying all that I can eat.we sell or barter the rest.

Once you have eaten  really fresh egg you will realise the how fast they loose quality with age.

2 minutes ago, jb102 said:

I absolutely love eggs.

So much so that I have 20 hens laying all that I can eat.we sell or barter the rest.

Once you have eaten  really fresh egg you will realise the how fast they loose quality with age.

True, never buy cheap eggs. I buy the Bluebell Araucana ones from Tesco. I bought them for the novelty factor of the blue shells one time and then discovered they are lovely eggs with thick creamy yolks. A while back under the shade of a shit hangover I bought eggs from my local corner shop to get home and discover they were battery eggs that I never buy out of principle, worse than that they were tasteless with almost colourless yolks. 

Spellczech
10 hours ago, Locky said:

I certainly love trying to, but I hope to god it never actually happens. Again.

Whilst there is little danger of preganancy from shagging chickens I don't think the law approves...

50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

True, never buy cheap eggs. I buy the Bluebell Araucana ones from Tesco. I bought them for the novelty factor of the blue shells one time and then discovered they are lovely eggs with thick creamy yolks. A while back under the shade of a shit hangover I bought eggs from my local corner shop to get home and discover they were battery eggs that I never buy out of principle, worse than that they were tasteless with almost colourless yolks. 

Ive got 6 Bluebells.Nice girls and quite sociable, very attractive shells.

The rest are Hylines, grumpy egg machines and good for regular double yolkers.

Auld Reekin'
23 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Put either 6 whole eggs or 10 whites and 2 yolks and a mug or 2 of porridge into a microwave bowl. Then whisked and cooked for 6 minutes. Plated and covered in peanut butter or some Broon sauce or both.

Just depends on my training which egg choice I go with.

You can also use a frying pan with a we drop pan stray. Just too messy for my liking.

I love eggs prepared in almost any way, but that sounds truly revolting (unless you were joking and trying to concoct the worst recipe imaginable - still sounds revolting though), particularly given your recommended toppings.

We have a free-range, organic, egg-farm 15 minutes walk away, and various other folk in the area have honesty-boxes for any surplus eggs their hens produce, so are well catered-for in that respect. We regularly have boiled or poached eggs during the week, and then fried eggs with a grilled breakfast and then a leftovers-frittata at the weekend.

Don't really drink enough to get hangovers these days (I'm happy to say), but scrambled eggs on toast or in a roll was always my go-to breakfast when I had been on the lash, and still is if I'm not feeling 100% for any reason. I'd give up eating meat before I'd stop eating eggs...

Horatio Caine
On 12/05/2020 at 12:47, CostaJambo said:

We make something very similar at home but with bacon lardons too. It is known as an Eggy Susan.

Eggy Susan was in my class at school.  A bit whiffy...

Another belting food with eggs is Nasi Goreng, a Malaysian fried rice with a fried or poached egg on top, the mixture of a runny yolk mixing with the spicy, soy infused rice is amazing! 

Auld Reekin'
10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Another belting food with eggs is Nasi Goreng, a Malaysian fried rice with a fried or poached egg on top, the mixture of a runny yolk mixing with the spicy, soy infused rice is amazing! 

:icon14:   Had it served with hard-boiled egg too, but I'd go down the fried route every time.

23 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

I love eggs prepared in almost any way, but that sounds truly revolting (unless you were joking and trying to concoct the worst recipe imaginable - still sounds revolting though), particularly given your recommended toppings.

We have a free-range, organic, egg-farm 15 minutes walk away, and various other folk in the area have honesty-boxes for any surplus eggs their hens produce, so are well catered-for in that respect. We regularly have boiled or poached eggs during the week, and then fried eggs with a grilled breakfast and then a leftovers-frittata at the weekend.

Don't really drink enough to get hangovers these days (I'm happy to say), but scrambled eggs on toast or in a roll was always my go-to breakfast when I had been on the lash, and still is if I'm not feeling 100% for any reason. I'd give up eating meat before I'd stop eating eggs...

Mass building diet. I can eat eggs in all forms.

luckyBatistuta

Any type of eggs for me, could live off them, poached being my favourite. Love a wee eggs benedict.

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Mass building diet. I can eat eggs in all forms.

Well, that explains why the taste, consistency, and appearance of the dish may not be your prime consideration!   :)

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Well, that explains why the taste, consistency, and appearance of the dish may not be your prime consideration!   :)

A big porridge souffle. 😷