Sir Paul Hartley

pointon

Special Agent Dale Cooper
19 hours ago, Locky said:

think if he wanted to cut his losses and trigger his clause, he would've, and I don't think Budge would stop him.

I'm no legal expert but would presume that as the league hasn't been called we haven't been relegated; ergo his 'clause' isn't applicable yet. An interesting few weeks ahead...

2 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I'm no legal expert but would presume that as the league hasn't been called we haven't been relegated; ergo his 'clause' isn't applicable yet. An interesting few weeks ahead...

Given that he's waived his wages though, I'd have thought he might have some 'brownie points' with Budge to use in this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if she's told him that he can go if he wants.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Given that he's waived his wages though, I'd have thought he might have some 'brownie points' with Budge to use in this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if she's told him that he can go if he wants.

You could well be right. I suspect he may be offski soon though, due to wage cuts required to survive in the medium term.

Having said that he might struggle to get work in this economic environment, so perhaps would accept a wage cut? 

6 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

You could well be right. I suspect he may be offski soon though, due to wage cuts required to survive in the medium term.

Having said that he might struggle to get work in this economic environment, so perhaps would accept a wage cut? 

Maybe a wage cut that's traded off against a bonus for promotion.

I think we might struggle to keep him though.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

You shouldn't get the Hearts job after being shite at the falkirk job.

So, being shite at job x rules you out of the Hearts job. Well, that rules out... pretty much everyone. Including our current manager who has been sacked twice. And he has been involved now with 3 relegations, Hannover were already basically down when he took over, but they got relegated for the first time in 14 years with him as interim head coach. Barnsley now are set for relegation / expulsion after failing to come back from their 0 wins from 12 start. And so are Hearts.

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

The Real Maroonblood
On 11/05/2020 at 19:31, hmfc_liam06 said:

We currently already have a manager so why are there numerous threads on hiring a new one?

Exactly.

People bored out of their tits and nothing better to do.

Pointless thread.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So, being shite at job x rules you out of the Hearts job. Well, that rules out... pretty much everyone. Including our current manager who has been sacked twice. And he has been involved now with 3 relegations, Hannover were already basically down when he took over, but they got relegated for the first time in 14 years with him as interim head coach. Barnsley now are set for relegation / expulsion after failing to come back from their 0 wins from 12 start. And so are Hearts.

Stendel was great at Barnsley then had the rug pulled out from under him, ask Barnsley fans what they think of him. 

Hartley was shit at falkirk with backing, spending a fortune through a favoured agent and leaving them with an expensive squad of players that they struggled to get rid of.

I live in the area and know a lot of Falkirk fans, I've yet to meet a single one who has anything good to say about Hartley's time.

If you get the Falkirk job, do really well, and are really lucky then you might earn a shot at the hearts job. If you're shit at Falkirk you shouldn't even be close to the 3rd biggest club in the country.

Edited by Smithee