Settling old scores

Tatlock

Ex member of the SaS

With regard the TV deal, Ok they miss out on 8 games ( like we do ) however they have had all the rest and the advertising revenue that generated so why do they insist on getting £10 mill back OR do they? Has anyone from the TV companies actually stated they would demand this money back? Not seen anything in the media to suggest they have, so is this cash simply Sevco trying to stir it or is there a real possibility the TV companies would demand the money.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Lets be clear, Had we been bottom with no chance of staying up then fine we would take relegation. This however is not relegation and no matter what club is in this position it is an injustice.

The SFA and SPFL should have been leading the clubs with regard reconstruction as it's their job to look after ALL clubs. The problem lies with Celtic, they don't want it and have too many bodies on the boards, so whatever they want is what will happen. Been mentioned before they have been very quiet, this alone stinks of keeping out of the limelight. Said when Lawwell was appointed this was bad for Scottish football and now it appears to be the case, add to this his play thing Petrie and it's the perfect storm as far as HMFC are concerned.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if Hearts, Aberdeen or any team other than Celtic were top when this all happened. Newco would want us crowned and silent Celtic would be screaming from the roof tops.

Their silence is deafening right now.

What scores do Hibs have to settle with us other than imaginary ones? It's a lengthy list of shite like:

Cheating since Mercer,

Cheating with extra FOH money, 

Too big and physical,

Not letting Hibs play derbies with flair,

Obsessed with beating them,

Obsessed with beating them even when we're shite, 

Not being liquidated...

There's not a single, genuine grievance. 

Jeb Stuart

I suspect Peter Lawwell is the puppet master in all of this. As has been said previously Celtic would normally be leading the choir if they were the victims of any perceived injustice and would have had their legal team all over it. The silence emanating from Parkheid is deafening. Also, never forget that this is also driven by Celtic ensuring that they secure nine titles in a row, albeit there will be a big asterisk next to their name in the record books, as the league was not completed, plus Rangers trying to stop them, at any cost. 

Neither of them has ever given a toss about any other club in Scotland. It has always been the case in my 60 years of supporting Hearts.

If any football match is abandoned mid game due to inclement weather or crowd trouble then the match is replayed. No points are awarded to the team winning the match at the time.

Make no mistake, we are being EXPELLED from this league, despite what our rivals and the authorities say.

All that matters now for me is that our beloved Heart of Midlothian Football Club survive and flourish. We will be back stronger than ever.

7 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

The BBC this past week did an analysis of where teams currently are in the table (with 8 games to go) would have finished had the season been complete. We were on course to finish bottom. In fact it indicated that the bottom three almost never change at this time of the season. Our league form has been dire for the last 18 months, nothing to indicate otherwise. That said it was mathematically possible to survive.

And Aberdeen get knocked out of Europe after a couple of rounds of playing shitey teams so what's the point in them entering even though it's mathematically possible for them to win the Europa League.

7 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

When Hearts 7 - #ibs 0 finally happens it will be the greatest of score settlings ever. Bring it on ya #obo bar stewards.

The 5-1 thrashing in a Scottish cup final trumped their 7-0 for ever!!!

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Do you mean she wears the trousers? 😍

She is still wearing Petrie’s old baggy suits! 🙈

Ex member of the SaS

Someone once said if it wasn't us at the bottom we wouldn't give a monkey's. This is untrue, with the exception of two clubs. Celtic ( it will never happen ) and St Lie down. Any other team would get my full backing under these circumstances.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Someone once said if it wasn't us at the bottom we wouldn't give a monkey's. This is untrue, with the exception of two clubs. Celtic ( it will never happen ) and St Lie down. Any other team would get my full backing under these circumstances.

You forgot Hibs 🤷‍♂️ Now i hope we sue and win enough damages to push some Clubs to their doom. That would be ****ing sweet.. 

22 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

The BBC this past week did an analysis of where teams currently are in the table (with 8 games to go) would have finished had the season been complete. We were on course to finish bottom. In fact it indicated that the bottom three almost never change at this time of the season. Our league form has been dire for the last 18 months, nothing to indicate otherwise. That said it was mathematically possible to survive.

So a team in our position with 8 games to go has never avoided bottom spot in League history? Don't think so either.

14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It did, but just imagine if we'd scored more than 7 :wub: 

alwaysthereinspirit
14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You are correct of course.

But that was only in a national  cup final. Shown world wide for everyone to see. The first in 116 years.

A 7 - 0 win in the league for 3 (2) points has much more cachet.  😉

heartybuddy
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

St Lie really grasp the facts

17/08/1985, Hearts, Love Street, 6-2, Rooney Godfrey Clarke Fitzpatrick McGarvey Speirs. 

who lied down that day or didn’t have the bottle to get a draw against Dundee 

Budge is ok but she stuck by “ I love myself “Levein to put at bottom 

she touted reconstruction but only for a season and deservedly shot herself in foot And HMFC

don’t agree with relegation but no other option and Budge needs to wise up and take what coming 

If shoe  has been on other foot the bottom team She been first to send down 

yours Obika  COYS

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, heartybuddy said:

St Lie really grasp the facts

17/08/1985, Hearts, Love Street, 6-2, Rooney Godfrey Clarke Fitzpatrick McGarvey Speirs. 

who lied down that day or didn’t have the bottle to get a draw against Dundee 

Budge is ok but she stuck by “ I love myself “Levein to put at bottom 

she touted reconstruction but only for a season and deservedly shot herself in foot And HMFC

don’t agree with relegation but no other option and Budge needs to wise up and take what coming 

If shoe  has been on other foot the bottom team She been first to send down 

yours Obika  COYS

Could you maybe rewrite this so that people can understand your point?

St Lie down allowed Celtic to score enough to win the league by goal difference, many of the St Lie down team celebrated with Celtic at the end of the game. For this reason I will always have a dislike for that club and all who sail in her.

Angel eyes

There’s a bigger picture here is not just football.... it’s peoples lives their whole existence mental health, jobs, houses we are getting  punted and the cretins that are responsible are too thick to see it or maybe they’re no and know fine and just don’t care! ha,ha Hearts are getting relegated now I’m no sure how it will pan out financially a can’t remember what happened the last time we went down? But how, while they had the power to change it they chose to let others suffer mums, dads losing their jobs kids going hungry the worry, stress will be unmanageable Hibernian, Aberdeen, St.Johnstone, Motherwell hope your pleased with yoursels.

henryheart
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Could you maybe rewrite this so that people can understand your point?

St Lie down allowed Celtic to score enough to win the league by goal difference, many of the St Lie down team celebrated with Celtic at the end of the game. For this reason I will always have a dislike for that club and all who sail in her.

Many of the St Mirren team celebrated with Celtic at the end? Name names then. I lived in Paisley at the time and St Mirren fans hate Celtic. They wouldn't stand for it - I knew lots of Saints fans and they wanted us to win the league. It would have been the talk of the town and the players would have been hounded out - neither happened. This is a myth which has developed over the years and continues to be spread, more often than not by people who were too young to remember the day or were not even born at the time simply because it fits certain agendas. It was just like this season - it was in our own hands. In 1986 all we had to do was draw with Dundee and the league was ours; in March had we beat St Mirren we would not be in this mess. We blew it both times , the only difference being that in 86 I felt sorry for the players who were magnificent to a man, while this year - don't get me started!