Settling old scores

Tatlock

I’ve heard it said during this “debate” that some clubs voted to dismiss the potential for reconstruction were “settling old scores”. What are these old scores that they are settling, that would warrant, ruining Scottish football and potentially crippling some clubs?

No idea but we certainly now have old scores to settle - particularly Hibs and I hope Budge has learned her lesson that you cannot develop working relationships with people who hate you!

jamboinglasgow

For Hibs, it is that we didn't go under when we went down last and instead came back up immediately. They wanted us to suffer and go out of business, they thought that would happen under adminstration but it didn't and we got one over them instead.

8 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

I’ve heard it said during this “debate” that some clubs voted to dismiss the potential for reconstruction were “settling old scores”. What are these old scores that they are settling, that would warrant, ruining Scottish football and potentially crippling some clubs?

In Hibs’ and Aberdeen’s case - beating them so often.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

For Hibs, it is that we didn't go under when we went down last and instead came back up immediately. They wanted us to suffer and go out of business, they thought that would happen under adminstration but it didn't and we got one over them instead.

Indeed. There’s a Hibs.net thread with thousands of pages that backs this up.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

In Hibs’ and Aberdeen’s case - beating them so often.

Though I posted about Hibs about us not going under, I think those two sensed an oppurtunity to take out the team who can outdo them in supporters, can take beat them for players, keep us out of contention for at least a couple of years.

And yet we get accused of being the team who are doing things only out of self-interest.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Though I posted about Hibs about us not going under, I think those two sensed an oppurtunity to take out the team who can outdo them in supporters, can take beat them for players, keep us out of contention for at least a couple of years.

And yet we get accused of being the team who are doing things only out of self-interest.

It’s a combination of both things really. Us potentially being liquidated was their chance to finally get one over on us after decades of us dominating them.

Hectormasson
35 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

Prob a hibs, celtic thing ?  Petrie and lawwell all doing the happy families scenario, with dumpster  hanging on their coattails  !      Rats .........🐀🐀🐀🇮🇪💩...

3 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Prob a hibs, celtic thing ?  Petrie and lawwell all doing the happy families scenario, with dumpster  hanging on their coattails  !      Rats .........🐀🐀🐀🇮🇪💩...

Don't forget Aberdeen in all of this.

Ethan Hunt
43 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

A question for An Budge to answer at some point. She is the one who made the comment in her statement.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A question for An Budge to answer at some point. She is the one who made the comment in her statement.

No it wasn't. it was the Partick Thistle statement that talked about settling old scores.

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Aye their a bunch of grudge carrying b.....s if there ever was one !   Them too, "list is endless mind,,,  chuck in st midden and Dundee too "      If am no being too paranoid about all this ?

queensferryjambo
51 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

It wasn't Hearts so used the term settling old scores - I think it was the Falkirk chairman, but could have been Partick.

Either way they might have ongoing scores with clubs like St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross County who knows?

Hearts Hibs is the only real obvious one as Hibs have an incredible amount of humiliations they would liked to have settled on the park but were not good enough to do - so the only way they can beat us is by voting instead of footballing victories.

FFS Hearts have been absolutely gash the last 2 seasons and have recorded 3 wins at Easter Road :) 

Ethan Hunt
12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

No it wasn't. it was the Partick Thistle statement that talked about settling old scores.

I stand corrected. It was Partick Thistle.

Ann Budge said in hers “There is absolutely no question in my opinion that self-interest played a part in the discussions yesterday, as did previous history.“

Given Partick Thistle weren’t at the Premiership meeting I can only imagine that the “previous history” tactfully stated by Budge in her statement was translated by her to Partick as settling of old scores, hence they used that term.

It would appear, as you would expect, that all the interested parties, Rangers, Hearts, ICT, Partick, etc have been regularly in communication with eachother.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

It wasn't Hearts so used the term settling old scores - I think it was the Falkirk chairman, but could have been Partick.

Either way they might have ongoing scores with clubs like St Mirren, St Johnstone, Ross County who knows?

Hearts Hibs is the only real obvious one as Hibs have an incredible amount of humiliations they would liked to have settled on the park but were not good enough to do - so the only way they can beat us is by voting instead of footballing victories.

FFS Hearts have been absolutely gash the last 2 seasons and have recorded 3 wins at Easter Road :) 

Berra is their top goal scorer in the last four games there 😆

Hectormasson
16 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Mind you apart from a wee spell that lasted a couple of years twice "    hearts have done that lot  over the last  35 years or so ? Some healthy smackings  inc semis and finals,  leading to 2 scottish cups 🏆🏆🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Mind you apart from a wee spell that lasted a couple of years twice "    hearts have done that lot  over the last  145 years or so ? Some healthy smackings  inc semis and finals,  leading to 3 scottish cups 🏆🏆🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

FTFY ;) 

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

A “Lofty” mid table Hibs lording it over us for league position has been bad enough the last few seasons. If our fate is Championship football next year, then it could turn into one of our worst spells by the time we are back in the SPL and established again. 

They’ve definitely seized their chance but they’ll still probably be fighting to stay in the top half while we are away. That pile of shite still won’t hit top 3 while we are out the picture, that includes our wretched form of late too.  

Desperate club. 

As for Hibs I think the lack of money they're facing shouldn't be under estimated.Their fans scheme was a failure so unlike us no constant stream of money supporting the club and also  we have cut our player wages reducing outgoings rather than deferring wages so come resumption  of things will they not be shelling out back wages as well ?

1 minute ago, leipzig76 said:

As for Hibs I think the lack of money they're facing shouldn't be under estimated.Their fans scheme was a failure so unlike us no constant stream of money supporting the club and also  we have cut our player wages reducing outgoings rather than deferring wages so come resumption  of things will they not be shelling out back wages as well ?

Indeed. I might be remembering this incorrectly, but I think Pony Club Ron said they had budgeted to survive three months of shutdown with deferred wages and no income. What happens after that? My guess, is he provides personal loans to the club secured against the floating charges he has over their properties. HSL relaunched but as a vehicle to pay him back, rather than to buy shares. All just my theory though. 

Horatio Caine

I think as far as Hibs are concerned, this is the only way they can get back at us for all the hurt we've inflicted on them.  Let's face it - they are never going to do it on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think as far as Hibs are concerned, this is the only way they can get back at us for all the hurt we've inflicted on them.  Let's face it - they are never going to do it on the pitch.

Exactly. Aberdeen are not above this either. It’s in their interests to hobble us before we can gather our strength again.

Jean Louis Valois
18 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Because none of their fans have any money. From experience all Hibs fans are cut from the same cloth, same type of person. 

12 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Because none of their fans have any money. From experience all Hibs fans are cut from the same cloth, same type of person. 

Junkies, scaffs and criminals generally. 

Tokyo Drifter
10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No idea but we certainly now have old scores to settle - particularly Hibs and I hope Budge has learned her lesson that you cannot develop working relationships with people who hate you!

The minute Dumpster walked from the reconstruction group, which was after about a day, the writing was on the wall. It was never going to fly anyway, the SPFL just threw Budge some crumbs so that she could be seen to have tried to do something. The dirty deed was done and dusted when the SPFL railroaded through the lower league vote by bribing them with cash. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I was taken by that. I think Budge may have rocked the blazer boat when she first arrived on the scene. 

Not one of the lads. Leanne on the other hand seems to get the culture 

50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I was taken by that. I think Budge may have rocked the blazer boat when she first arrived on the scene. 

Not one of the lads. Leanne on the other hand seems to just go along with and had become part of the culture 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Because none of their fans have any money. From experience all Hibs fans are cut from the same LINE, same type of person. 

FTFY

Gorillajam
11 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Aye their a bunch of grudge carrying b.....s if there ever was one !   Them too, "list is endless mind,,,  chuck in st midden and Dundee too "      If am no being too paranoid about all this ?

11 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I've no issue with Aberdeen. Aberdeen paid for an independent enquiry to explore all possible options for football to resume and the season to be completed. We didn't even have to pay a penny. Continuing the season was our best bet and Aberdeen lead the way on that front - that really should have been us.  Aberdeen have already agreed to give us money to help soften the financial blow of being relegated (expelled). I haven't heard any of club claim they will also do so.

south morocco

I think by the time this all plays out we’ll have a few of our own old scores to settle. Looking forward to that time.

RasberryJam
9 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I've no issue with Aberdeen. Aberdeen paid for an independent enquiry to explore all possible options for football to resume and the season to be completed. We didn't even have to pay a penny. Continuing the season was our best bet and Aberdeen lead the way on that front - that really should have been us.  Aberdeen have already agreed to give us money to help soften the financial blow of being relegated (expelled). I haven't heard any of club claim they will also do so.

Therefore its in our self interest to take legal action. Football is a competition and therefore everyone is looking out for their own self interests including ourselves. Lets be real had Hamilton been bottom of the league talk of league reconstruction wouldn't have been mentioned. We were pushing for it to survive relegation.  

Gorillajam
1 minute ago, RasberryJam said:

Therefore its in our self interest to take legal action. Football is a competition and therefore everyone is looking out for their own self interests including ourselves. Lets be real had Hamilton been bottom of the league talk of league reconstruction wouldn't have been mentioned. We were pushing for it to survive relegation.  

My concern with taking legal actions is that we are suing all member clubs of the SPFL. It would be like labour losing the general election after a majority vote and suing the country. I don't think we'll win and I feel less optimistic after hearing Deans on the radio the other day. Even if we raised 500k to support the legal costs I don't think we are going to win in court. I think it be thrown out the courts almost immediately. That money would be better going to the club and helping the business (club) survive the coming months. 

As David Cormack said this past week, the priority must be to getting football up and running once more otherwise Scottish football will cease to exist. Over 20 clubs will go into administration in the coming months unless the government steps in (eventually they will) or football resumes. I have a feeling league reconstruction will be forced upon the leagues come January 2021 if football hasn't resumed by then. They want the biggest clubs in Scotland in the top flight purely to help Scottish football survive and with us being the third biggest customer they'll have no other choice but to restructure the league so that we are back in the premiership. Thats my thoughts.

avhudtheteeshirt

Feel your missing the point here, no matter who was bottom of the league with 8 games to play, there would be a case of injustice!

As long as any club was in a position to save themselves from relegation, it is unjust to say "game over your going down"!!!

Also you quote Hamilton but the team in freefall at close of play was in fact Ross County, no win in 7 games and dropping like a stone in the league, so no wonder they voted to end it now!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

You are an Aberdeen fan of course. 

However, let's be frank,  they will be happy to see the back of Hearts on a derisory compensation package.

Aberdeen will do what is right for them,  Hearts now need to do what is right for them,  and if that has consequences for those who didn't have time,  then so be it.

RasberryJam
4 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

My concern with taking legal actions is that we are suing all member clubs of the SPFL. It would be like labour losing the general election after a majority vote and suing the country. I don't think we'll win and I feel less optimistic after hearing Deans on the radio the other day. Even if we raised 500k to support the legal costs I don't think we are going to win in court. I think it be thrown out the courts almost immediately. That money would be better going to the club and helping the business (club) survive the coming months. 

As David Cormack said this past week, the priority must be to getting football up and running once more otherwise Scottish football will cease to exist. Over 20 clubs will go into administration in the coming months unless the government steps in (eventually they will) or football resumes. I have a feeling league reconstruction will be forced upon the leagues come January 2021 if football hasn't resumed by then. They want the biggest clubs in Scotland in the top flight purely to help Scottish football survive and with us being the third biggest customer they'll have no other choice but to restructure the league so that we are back in the premiership. Thats my thoughts.

Its in our self interest to do so. We stand to lose millions now that we have been expelled. I'd rather fight then give up. I don't care if we tarnish our relationship with the other membership clubs, they expelled us from the league. **** em.

Gorillajam
5 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Feel your missing the point here, no matter who was bottom of the league with 8 games to play, there would be a case of injustice!

As long as any club was in a position to save themselves from relegation, it is unjust to say "game over your going down"!!!

Also you quote Hamilton but the team in freefall at close of play was in fact Ross County, no win in 7 games and dropping like a stone in the league, so no wonder they voted to end it now!!!!!

The BBC this past week did an analysis of where teams currently are in the table (with 8 games to go) would have finished had the season been complete. We were on course to finish bottom. In fact it indicated that the bottom three almost never change at this time of the season. Our league form has been dire for the last 18 months, nothing to indicate otherwise. That said it was mathematically possible to survive.

The Hibby wanted us liquidated then and expelled now because Heart of Midlothian make their lives a bloody misery. They're terrified of us and the derby. It's that simple.

Any other club, who had such a poor derby record, would want to rectify it the correct way: on the pitch. Not them. Scuttling about under cover firing off emails was their vile supports solution then and now their cowardly football club has joined in. 

Shitebags. Even if we are put into the Championship it won't be for long and we'll soon be back tormenting the b@5t@rd5, as per.

They know it and so do we.

13 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

The BBC this past week did an analysis of where teams currently are in the table (with 8 games to go) would have finished had the season been complete. We were on course to finish bottom. In fact it indicated that the bottom three almost never change at this time of the season. Our league form has been dire for the last 18 months, nothing to indicate otherwise. That said it was mathematically possible to survive.

An analysis based on our league form as opposed to how we may have done if we treated the 8 games as cup ties, which we surely would have, and base the outcome on our cup form over the last two seasons. Football's a funny old game as someone(?Harry) once said.

53 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Well you’re going to be a little biased being an Aberdeen supporter, but as they were part of the six club cabal who said they would not even view the findings of the reconstruction group, and as they voted to expel us from the league, I take a different view to you. They are *****.

John mcCartney
35 minutes ago, martoon said:

The Hibby wanted us liquidated then and expelled now because Heart of Midlothian make their lives a bloody misery. They're terrified of us and the derby. It's that simple.

Any other club, who had such a poor derby record, would want to rectify it the correct way: on the pitch. Not them. Scuttling about under cover firing off emails was their vile supports solution then and now their cowardly football club has joined in. 

Shitebags. Even if we are put into the Championship it won't be for long and we'll soon be back tormenting the b@5t@rd5, as per.

They know it and so do we.

at least our support can galvanise now and act old school against every fecking club out there (honourable exceptions being Partick,Stranraer,Ict,Strangers).......get standing back at home games and the atmosphere will notch up
**** them all Gorgie Aggro etc

alwaysthereinspirit
14 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

When Hearts 7 - #ibs 0 finally happens it will be the greatest of score settlings ever. Bring it on ya #obo bar stewards.

15 hours ago, Tatlock said:

Maybe the hate Levein.

Ex member of the SaS

Lets be clear, Had we been bottom with no chance of staying up then fine we would take relegation. This however is not relegation and no matter what club is in this position it is an injustice.

The SFA and SPFL should have been leading the clubs with regard reconstruction as it's their job to look after ALL clubs. The problem lies with Celtic, they don't want it and have too many bodies on the boards, so whatever they want is what will happen. Been mentioned before they have been very quiet, this alone stinks of keeping out of the limelight. Said when Lawwell was appointed this was bad for Scottish football and now it appears to be the case, add to this his play thing Petrie and it's the perfect storm as far as HMFC are concerned.

7 hours ago, leipzig76 said:

Don't forget the 30 million sky deal is now more likely 20 million (to settle the failure to play out this year) also couple that with probably 3 to 3.5 million going to us Partick and stranraer as part of our court case for potential loss of earnings and its popcorn time.

3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Court action is not to be reinstated to the league its for damages for expelling us unlawfully against their own rules 

CARDIFFBOY
3 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

You cannot relegate a team that is only 4 points from safety with 24 points to play for! How many times have you seen a club in the Premier league or EFL escape on the last day? Hearts in my opinion could have escaped so there is absolutely no way they should be facing relegation. What should happen is if the remaining games cannot be played the season should have been null and void. To say Hearts have been stitched up here is a massive understatement. I know I am a Cardiff fan but I follow Hearts too and this stinks. HHGH. 

1 hour ago, Drumjambo said:

Don't forget the 30 million sky deal is now more likely 20 million (to settle the failure to play out this year) also couple that with probably 3 to 3.5 million going to us Partick and stranraer as part of our court case for potential loss of earnings and its popcorn time.

Didn't factor in the T.V deal or compo...I honestly don't think I would enjoy popcorn more than if that happened.Never had anything other than a rivalry for Hibs but nowadays...I hate their fans with a passion and Captain Ron with all his floating charges might just help sink them !

Gorillajam
52 minutes ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

You cannot relegate a team that is only 4 points from safety with 24 points to play for! How many times have you seen a club in the Premier league or EFL escape on the last day? Hearts in my opinion could have escaped so there is absolutely no way they should be facing relegation. What should happen is if the remaining games cannot be played the season should have been null and void. To say Hearts have been stitched up here is a massive understatement. I know I am a Cardiff fan but I follow Hearts too and this stinks. HHGH. 

100% agree. I hope that there is more clarity as to what occurred after the independent inquiry. I'm hoping this allows all clubs to be transparent and that any and all information regarding SPFL's conduct and process is revealed. When the news initially broke my first thought was that we should be fighting to get the season resumed. Even if that was closed door fixtures. It would have eliminated this scenario. Aberdeen were the only club who paid for an independent assessment to see whether that was possibly and their findings proved it wasn't. The SPFL and member clubs are now focusing their attention into what can be done to do so. Half the leagues that have called an end to their season have relegated the teams in relegation places and promoted those in promotion places. France being the biggest of those leagues (much larger than Scotland). The difference is, the government have made assurances to those relegated that they will financially support them. If the league is going to relegate us then they need to do the same. It has been reported that clubs have claimed they will do this. They can't null and void the season because that would result in the TV revenue being withdrawn by BT sports. I think deep down a lot of folk on here would admit that we probably won't get anywhere if it goes to court rather we will accrue legal expenses that we really could do with out right now. My hope is that there is a chance the league can be continued as realistically thats the only way out of this that I can see for us. Teams don't want league reconstruction. As mentioned numerous times before, everyone wants to play the OF as often as possible and BT wants their 4 OF fixtures. Any league reconstruction would have to be temporary. They should have reconstructed the league for 2-3 seasons just to resolve this issue however greed and every other clubs self interest prevented that. Our self interest was to prevent expulsion and league reconstruction would have been the solution whereas every other club (barring Hamilton) wanted things to remain as they are as its in their best interests. The league structure as it is works.

Edited by Gorillajam

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Not one of the lads. Leanne on the other hand seems to get the culture 

Do you mean she wears the trousers? 😍