The Daily Robbo

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Any goal v the losers is nice but particularly like Robbo’s fist pump towards the HIbs enclosure where is bruv probably was standing 😀🍺

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clerry Jambo

• martoon

• colinmaroon

• jamboozy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rudeskaboyuk

I was at that game. For what I can remember we were pretty pish that day. the ball spent most of the time up in the air but when that goal went in the noise was brilliant from us fans behind goal. 

I am trying to work out from the clip if Hearts fans are behind that goal celebrating too?

alicante jambo
59 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I was at that game. For what I can remember we were pretty pish that day. the ball spent most of the time up in the air but when that goal went in the noise was brilliant from us fans behind goal. 

I am trying to work out from the clip if Hearts fans are behind that goal celebrating too?

Mate i went to easter road a lot of  times in the 80s and  there were jambos behind them goals sometimes hundreds. "" Hearts fans hearts fans give us a wave.""

East Lothian Jambo
1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Mate i went to easter road a lot of  times in the 80s and  there were jambos behind them goals sometimes hundreds. "" Hearts fans hearts fans give us a wave.""

Very much so 

alicante jambo

The Hammer Of Hibs. I cannot think of any other player in british football that has a name linked to them in connection with destroying their neighbours. 

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Any goal v the losers is nice but particularly like Robbo’s fist pump towards the HIbs enclosure where is bruv probably was standing 😀🍺

Might be wrong but think the wee man once said said it was directly at his brother because he had spotted him 😅😅

Clerry Jambo
39 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Might be wrong but think the wee man once said said it was directly at his brother because he had spotted him 😅😅

He defo said that mate

I remember all the pointing and laughing at their wee shitty scoreboard on top of the cowshed. As we climbed that dirt track hill up to the terracing we all seemed to expect some Times Square/Piccadily Circus, eye stabbing neon wonder but it was barely bigger than a VCR. It also looked like it had been fitted by a cowboy. 

It looked like they'd won it when they took the lead. I remember the goalscorer (Thomson, I think) giving us the one arm under the other giruy and we just did it back. It was November 5th and Hibs fans on their, still open, east terracing were lighting the fireworks in celebration. 

Then Robbo struck. I'd started to drift toward the exit at the side of their old stand when I saw him shaping to shoot, someone got in my way and the next thing I saw was the ball nestling in the far corner of the net. I knew something had happened in between but not what. 

Missed the highlights that night as I had a hot date with a 16 year old. I was 15 and she was way out of my league so it was worth it. 

It wasn't until I bought the "Back From the Brink" video 6 years later that I finally saw the Erich Schaedler bit in between. 

Back to school on the Monday and the Hibs fans were sick. First a 3-2 defeat at Tynecastle, now a draw at ER. Maybe they'd win the next one and get back to the days of dominance in their 1970's childhoods. 

Then again, maybe not. 😂

Edited by martoon

Archie Macpherson, the football commentator momentarily struck dumb by the sight of a football entering the net. Every single time. Oh, and: “I think there’s a deflection”.  How the **** did this clown ever make a living at the licence-fee payers’ expense?

:1132:

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Archie Macpherson, the football commentator momentarily struck dumb by the sight of a football entering the net. Every single time. Oh, and: “I think there’s a deflection”.  How the **** did this clown ever make a living at the licence-fee payers’ expense?

To be fair I had the same experience at the game.

4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Don't forget Arthur Montford's sudden shout "IT'S A GOAL". 

No shit, Sherlock. 

queensferryjambo
15 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

The Hammer Of Hibs. I cannot think of any other player in british football that has a name linked to them in connection with destroying their neighbours. 

Hans Eskilsson the Hammer of Partick.  

2 goals for the club one in November 95 the other in March 96 both against The Jags.

Best I can come up with ;) 

19 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Surely there must be a West Ham player. 😀 

Sorry for calling you Surely. :thumb:

alicante jambo
5 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hans Eskilsson the Hammer of Partick.  

2 goals for the club one in November 95 the other in March 96 both against The Jags.

Best I can come up with ;) 

Lol hans eskillson rememeber that cliwn shiting himself at fester. 

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Surely there must be a West Ham player. 😀 

Sorry for calling you Surely. :thumb:

Been called worse ri a lot worse. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 hours ago, leginten said:

8 hours ago, martoon said:

No shit, Sherlock. 

Still better than the bland modern versions. 

Was the date worth it Martoon? Any deflections or anything curling into the back of the net?

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Was the date worth it Martoon? Any deflections or anything curling into the back of the net?

😅

Went out for about 3 months until she callously gave me the elbow for an older man (17). 

Nothing in the net either, curling or otherwise. 

Edited by martoon

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Did he fist-pump her fans?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

😅

Went out for about 3 months until she callously gave me the elbow for an older man (17). 

Nothing in the net either, curling or otherwise. 

Young love eh.  :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Today's tweet has just been posted. 

Well worth a look 

13 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Great night, against the odds.

I remember turning to a mate and saying I was very confident of us winning the penalty shoot out then the wee man stepped up. 

One of the best atmosphere's at Tynecastle since the shed days/nights post-1994. 

superjack
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Great night, against the odds.

I remember turning to a mate and saying I was very confident of us winning the penalty shoot out then the wee man stepped up. 

One of the best atmosphere's at Tynecastle since the shed days/nights post-1994. 

To make it even more remarkable, our whole back 4 were suspended after the game at ibrox at the weekend.

3 minutes ago, superjack said:

To make it even more remarkable, our whole back 4 were suspended after the game at ibrox at the weekend.

What a class act Andy Thorn was.

I think I will have been at all the Daily Robbo goals seen so far and the ones to come.  Loved the wee man.

A myth about Gary Naysmith from that game as well.😄

Classic Fulton pass,McCann cross then Robertson finish.

Edited by benny

42 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

The whole of extra time

Great stuff from the ball boy. JJ looked well chuffed with him for eating into a few seconds. 

Brilliant. 

Great stuff, thanks Skippy, just brought back to me how much I disliked Morten Wieghorst, the guy is probably a nice chap and all but I just wanted to slap his pus 😂

How bad was the wee man in that first half of extra time.

Anybody else and they would have been hooked off.

He loved scoring against the old firm as well as the wee team.

SectionDJambo
On 08/05/2020 at 00:42, martoon said:

No shit, Sherlock. 

Good old Arthur.

For older viewers, the inventor of the famous and well used phrase, "disaster for Scotland".

Scotland v Yugoslavia 1974 in Germany if my memory is sound this morning.

14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Good old Arthur.

For older viewers, the inventor of the famous and well used phrase, "disaster for Scotland".

Scotland v Yugoslavia 1974 in Germany if my memory is sound this morning.

He was likeable. There's nothing wrong with a bit of OTT melodrama and his love of the game shone through.

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

He was likeable. There's nothing wrong with a bit of OTT melodrama and his love of the game shone through.

Does anyone remember Arthur shouting out “ watch out Billy “ while commentating on a Scotland game when there was a ‘man on’ situation. 😄

I was going to add, I met Mr Montford a couple of times when the firm I worked for was fitting out the locker rooms, he was an absolute gentleman, a delight to listen to.

2 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Does anyone remember Arthur shouting out “ watch out Billy “ while commentating on a Scotland game when there was a ‘man on’ situation. 😄

I've seen that.

Superb. 😆

On 08/05/2020 at 11:20, Clerry Jambo said:

This game, I watched in an Irish pub in Manchester, this Tim got his sel in a right paddy, smashed a chair up at the end, and was barred 😂

Although we lost 4-2 in the end one of my favourite "Robbo days" was the 1988 Hogmanay game at Parkhead. Two equalizers from the wee man that day: a first half penalty and another in the second half.

His second was an odd one. It was up at the Hearts end but, with a sort of diagonal view from our section, it looked like his first attempt had gone in. That was that. Started jumping around celebrating but then looked up in time to catch sight of him putting the ball in the net "again". Turned out he'd hit the post with the first attempt and had to ram in the rebound. It all happened in a flash, of course, but that's my memory of it.

It was, iirc, John's third game since his return from Newcastle (the most thrilling signing in my life time) and, despite the defeat, it was great to see that the wee legend was really BACK.

On 07/05/2020 at 11:23, alicante jambo said:

Shola, the mackem slayer 

Skippy Doodle
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Although we lost 4-2 in the end one of my favourite "Robbo days" was the 1988 Hogmanay game at Parkhead. Two equalizers from the wee man that day: a first half penalty and another in the second half.

His second was an odd one. It was up at the Hearts end but, with a sort of diagonal view from our section, it looked like his first attempt had gone in. That was that. Started jumping around celebrating but then looked up in time to catch sight of him putting the ball in the net "again". Turned out he'd hit the post with the first attempt and had to ram in the rebound. It all happened in a flash, of course, but that's my memory of it.

It was, iirc, John's third game since his return from Newcastle (the most thrilling signing in my life time) and, despite the defeat, it was great to see that the wee legend was really BACK.

Highlights of that game

25 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Highlights of that game

Same old, same old at that time. Played well enough but undone by so many daft lapses. Big Davy to blame there, I think, for their third and for years I was sure it was CL. 

Thanks for digging it out, mate.

Edited by martoon

19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Another one back in the day was when Denis Law told the Czech ballboy to 'Gies the f*****g baw ya wee ****' or words to that effect. 

Mr Montford commented on Denis politely asking for the ballboy to return the ball to him quickly.

:rofl:

🤣👍