Florian Schneider

Салатные палочки

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Sad news. Apparently ill for some time.

Can't think of many, if any, bands that were more influential.

My favourite bands were directly influenced by Kraftwerk and I guess them and Bowie the main influences for most of the best music of the 80s. Think I bought this album on cassette in 1992. As good as electronic music gets really

Judge Fudge
1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Sad news. Apparently ill for some time.

Can't think of many, if any, bands that were more influential.

Sad news indeed house,electro, hip hop all influenced by them in some way, that's some legacy for a band that was ridiculed by some at the time. Too far ahead of their time to get the recognition they deserved.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Sad news indeed house,electro, hip hop all influenced by them in some way, that's some legacy for a band that was ridiculed by some at the time. Too far ahead of their time to get the recognition they deserved.

Yes, apart from Delia Derbyshire, there wasn't much before them.

Салатные палочки

My mate, a massive techno fan, sent me this a couple of years ago. Quite unbelievable to think this was 50 years ago. 

Judge Fudge
8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My mate, a massive techno fan, sent me this a couple of years ago. Quite unbelievable to think this was 50 years ago. 

The audience reaction reminds me of the early house seen, most not getting it at first then letting go to it. Great vid👍🏻

Sad news. Only just really discovered their music and read on them recently. Didn't realise they were from Dusseldorf, among others like DAF. Never knew such a massive music scene existed there. Love Dusseldorf and was meant to be going tomorrow! Will need to see if there's any sort of music museum there for next time.

A massively influential group. Don't think another musical act has laid such a foundation for so many subgenres of music.

Kraftwerk and The Stranglers. A sad week for music. 

Салатные палочки
26 minutes ago, Locky said:

Sad news. Only just really discovered their music and read on them recently. Didn't realise they were from Dusseldorf, among others like DAF. Never knew such a massive music scene existed there. Love Dusseldorf and was meant to be going tomorrow! Will need to see if there's any sort of music museum there for next time.

A massively influential group. Don't think another musical act has laid such a foundation for so many subgenres of music.

Kraftwerk and The Stranglers. A sad week for music. 

Neu, another great Kraut Rock band from Dusseldorf. 

8 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Neu, another great Kraut Rock band from Dusseldorf. 

Heard of them too when reading about Kraftwerk and DAF but haven't listened yet. Funny part is I've heard a lot of German music when over there just not known what it is until I stumble upon it.

Although when I first heard DAF - Der Mussolini, I instantly recognised it. Not from Germany, but from Vic and Bob's Big Night Out. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

My favourite bands were directly influenced by Kraftwerk and I guess them and Bowie the main influences for most of the best music of the 80s. Think I bought this album on cassette in 1992. As good as electronic music gets really

Aye, Simple Minds, (particularly looking at their early synth based stuff) were influenced by Kraftwerk,Bowie and others.

Many bands like them who travelled around in their very early days and passed through Germany, were heavily influenced by the euro synth sound. Certainly after they moved away from their punk origins.  

2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yes, apart from Delia Derbyshire, there wasn't much before them.

Tangerine Dream.

46 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Tangerine Dream.

And Wendy Carlos (previously Walter) that did the music for Clockwork Orange and later on The Shining and Tron. Also worked with Robert Moog on the development of his synthesisers. 

PsychocAndy

R.I.P.

I don't think any of us will still be here when Kraftwerk aren't futuristic. 

Also Millie Small, God Almighty this year is getting as bad for heroes as 2016.

Roxy Hearts

Sad news. What a great band. Trans Euro Express is some album! A lot of bands have them to thank. 

Sooperstar

One of my mates loves Kraftwerk and dragged a few of us along to see them at TITP a few years back. It was completely bizarre and utterly, utterly, shit. I just stood laughing at the whole thing. That wee twinkle bit in Tour De France gets me every time!

Sooperstar
19 minutes ago, Marvin said:

One act I regret not having seen perform live. RIP.

Once we are back up and running just find them on Spotify then go and sta d outside an Apple shop with your earphones in.

Kraftwerk is German for 'power station'. That came up in a pub quiz years ago and I held onto for some reason. 

Genuinely brilliant band, had a massive influence on European music in general, and techno/house in particular. RIP Florian

crunchy frog

I like Autobahn but the rest of it leaves me a bit cold TBH.

I always thought Schneider looked like the most German looking person in the world. I lived near Dusseldorf in the 70's, it was quite an industrial and technological hub at the time, kinda suited the music of Kraftwerk

Was a wee lad when kraftwerk were creating...

Liked she's a model......  Can remember it being played continually at times in Goldberg's early 80s video games floor in Tollcross store.