I Fought the Law

Boof

Well, I'll be damned. I was just right now years old when I found this...nae Buddy as he was dead by then.

Edited by Boof

Boston Jambo

I stand corrected it was written by one of The Crickets, Bobby Fuller had great success with his recording

That song (the Clash version) got me through some tough times. Used to sing it in my head. :)

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That song (the Clash version) got me through some tough times. Used to sing it in my head. :)

Naw ye didnae!

:troll:

Just now, redjambo said:

Bored, ri? :biggrin2:

Sitting waiting for a hire bud. Thought I'd see what KB was up to. :thumb:

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Sitting waiting for a hire bud. Thought I'd see what KB was up to. :thumb:

How's business? Much reduced from pre-Coronavirus times? I know that you've just got back into it as a makeshift but perhaps the other drivers have been talking about the differences.

Loads of classic songs from the new wave/punk era were covers, Blondie in particular were good at picking out obscure songs and making them their own and people not realising they were covers. Denis and Hanging OnThe Telephone both being covers. 
Also if you check out the original of I Think We’re Alone Now by Tiffany it’s a cracker of a 60’s track. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Loads of classic songs from the new wave/punk era were covers, Blondie in particular were good at picking out obscure songs and making them their own and people not realising they were covers. Denis and Hanging OnThe Telephone both being covers. 
Also if you check out the original of I Think We’re Alone Now by Tiffany it’s a cracker of a 60’s track. 

Wow. Never knew that. For anyone else who is interested:

I didn't know The Four Seasons wrote Bye Bye Baby, thought it was the Bay City Rollers. Also Step on by the Happy Mondays was a cover of He's Gonna Step on You Again by John Kongos.

27 minutes ago, redjambo said:

How's business? Much reduced from pre-Coronavirus times? I know that you've just got back into it as a makeshift but perhaps the other drivers have been talking about the differences.

2/3rd of the drivers have jacked it in. It's mostly supermarket runs, NHS workers and Junkies(Their lives are just the same). It's quiet but picks up now and then.

Thursday and Friday are worth the hassle. 

Hopefully receive my tax rebate soon, then I'll bin this thing.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Always thought that was a clash song. 

So did I hence my flabbergastedness!

52 minutes ago, Boston Jambo said:

I stand corrected it was written by one of The Crickets, Bobby Fuller had great success with his recording

And it was the Bobby Fuller Four version that The Clash took theirs from.

34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Lene Lovich had a version of this in the late 70’s too.

18 minutes ago, westbow said:

I didn't know The Four Seasons wrote Bye Bye Baby, thought it was the Bay City Rollers. Also Step on by the Happy Mondays was a cover of He's Gonna Step on You Again by John Kongos.

The BCR’s!

Yay!!

Not really.  :biggrin:

Just now, Morgan said:

The BCR’s!

Yay!!

Not really.  :biggrin:

When I was a kid, I often dreamt that the Rollers' drummer had some sort of accident and I was asked to take his place for a concert. I was a great success.

I don't know how to play drums. And I never bought any of their records. Strange things, dreams.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

When I was a kid, I often dreamt that the Rollers' drummer had some sort of accident and I was asked to take his place for a concert. I was a great success.

I don't know how to play the drums.. And I never bought any of their records. Strange things, dreams.

Neither did the Bay City Rollers’ drummer.

:greggy:

32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:D Probably why I was a great success.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

:D Probably why I was a great success.

26 minutes ago, westbow said:

I think you mean fab!

Bye bye, babies!  :wave1:

:biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Bye bye, babies!  :wave1:

:biggrin:

43 minutes ago, westbow said:

I think you mean fab!

One.

Thunderbirds are Go!

41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

One.

Thunderbirds are Go!

Hi Virgil!

I'm flabbergasted that people didn't know the clash version was a cover. Maybe that's just my age. 

Tommy Brown

It was annoys Toploader get so much credit for 

Dancing in the moonlight.

Original hit appears to be King Harvest in 1973

29 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

It was annoys Toploader get so much credit for 

Dancing in the moonlight.

Original hit appears to be King Harvest in 1973

That’s actually five of the ‘top’ posters on here, with their Lockdown hairstyles.

superjack
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

He used to drum in my dads band. My dad said they chucked him as he was shite. They swapped drummer with the band that used to play when my dads band took a break (they were playing pubs and clubs around edinburgh). That band was called the saxons, who became the rollers.

This is why the bay city rollers can't be mentioned in my pare ts presence, as my old man goes straight into the story, and my mother winces at the thought of hearing the story.