Sportsound

Seymour M Hersh

Clerry Jambo

Looks like sportsound on every night this week according to schedule for anyone interested 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Seymour M Hersh

• Diadora Van Basten

• Last Laff

Beast Boy
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was saying something that I suspected too - that it will be easier for part time clubs to ride this out than a Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen.   Part time clubs tend to have a lot or even most of their players out of contract in the summer so they don’t have much in the way of wages to pay out.  Even the players they still have on contract will be furloughed anyway so the clubs won’t be paying anything as long as that lasts, unless they agree to pay the extra 20% to keep them on their full pay. 

Contrast that to Dave Cormack who said Aberdeen are losing around £1 million per month. It’s all very well being well supported but that won’t cut it when these supporters aren’t allowed to watch football. 

As per Ann’s statement we are able to ride this out and won’t be allowed to hit the skids financially, so I’m confident we are safe... that’s before we even look at other ways of raising cash, something you can only do with benefactors or a decent sized loyal fan base. Hibs or Aberdeen? I see nothing but debt in their immediate futures. If we can somehow find a way to avoid being expelled from the division, we will be a lot better off financially than Hibs and Aberdeen I reckon. 

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

19 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Sportsound has let itself down badly these last two weeks to be honest.

Actually not worth listening  to if Tom English is not on it. Willie Miller, Pat Bonner and most of their guests just prize plums.

52 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

As per Ann’s statement we are able to ride this out and won’t be allowed to hit the skids financially, so I’m confident we are safe... that’s before we even look at other ways of raising cash, something you can only do with benefactors or a decent sized loyal fan base. Hibs or Aberdeen? I see nothing but debt in their immediate futures. If we can somehow find a way to avoid being expelled from the division, we will be a lot better off financially than Hibs and Aberdeen I reckon. 

Which, imo, is a main reason for wanting us expelled.

Beast Boy
15 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Which, imo, is a main reason for wanting us expelled.

It’s easy to forget that Aberdeen were pretty mediocre before we ended up in the Championship with Rangers and Hibs. Aberdeen capitalised on that well, as they were the only team left in that division outside of Celtic that could attract the proven Premiership players necessary to wrap up second place each season. The way we bounced back up rattled them, as we were picking up the points we needed to get back up in the mix under Neilson. Sadly this wasn’t good enough for many of the man-babies in our support, who started whining about it being boring. Then once Neilson had had enough, we have been toiling ever since apart from one good run under Levein. Aberdeen must have shit themselves laughing at our self-implosion. Looks like we are going to have to try and do the same again, but there is no guarantee we will. That’s what really winds me up about the folk who want to see us back in the ****ing Bush leagues, so we can win more games. Get that shit straight in the ****ing sea, for one thing there’s no cast iron guarantee it will go that way, and for another, we would be doing it at a level that Hearts supporters should realise is beneath the club. It’ll give Hibs and Aberdeen a march on us too, when we should be emerging from this crisis stronger than them.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Looks like sportsound on every night this week according to schedule for anyone interested 

Just to listen to the utterly inept Dick(head) Gordon laugh nervously before or at the end of 70% of his sentences. I'll give it a miss. 

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just to listen to the utterly inept Dick(head) Gordon laugh nervously before or at the end of 70% of his sentences. I'll give it a miss. 

I know what you mean mate. 

John Findlay

You have to listen, because on the occasion you dont, is when you miss a gem.

Seymour M Hersh
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Nah, if and it's a massive if, something titanic happens like the Sevco files have genuinely explosive stuff in them then there is always catchup.

30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You can be our man at the BBC 😁

Report back to us when something juicy happens. 

colinmaroon
On 02/05/2020 at 18:57, Seymour M Hersh said:

I was always taught that the cream (of any profession) rose to the top. How on earth in this country has the absolute dregs managed to rise to the top in football. 

Corruption!

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Corruption!

It was kind of rhetorical Colin.

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

, we will be a lot better off financially than Hibs and Aberdeen I reckon. 

In what way have you concluded this comparison.

Aberdeen will be affected no doubt, as with all clubs, but we have a number of positive things to support and indicate we are currently well placed to deal with this situations: -

1) Insurance - Until the end of April, we had pandemic insurance. Assuming this has covered a huge portion if not all until a few days ago. I've not heard which other clubs had this in their insurance coverage. It has meant that the club have not furloughed staff or asked them to take pay-cuts as yet. That may come of course, but its not likely we have incurred additional debt on the last two months as a result of this stance.

2) AberDNA - Donation scheme to the club akin to your FoH. It's reported that there has been 800 new members sign up in the last two months

3) Season Tickets - Aberdeen had set an ambitions target of 5k season tickets being sold by the end of April. Last report was that 4,500 have bought season tickets. theres not many clubs in the SPFL (other than the cheeks maybe) that have had this level of boost

4) #StillStandingFree - raised over £140,000 for the campaign, used by the AFCCT to support the local communities at this time, including a donation from the Atlanta connections

Albert McFly
42 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Aberdeen will be affected no doubt, as with all clubs, but we have a number of positive things to support and indicate we are currently well placed to deal with this situations: -

1) Insurance - Until the end of April, we had pandemic insurance. Assuming this has covered a huge portion if not all until a few days ago. I've not heard which other clubs had this in their insurance coverage. It has meant that the club have not furloughed staff or asked them to take pay-cuts as yet. That may come of course, but its not likely we have incurred additional debt on the last two months as a result of this stance.

2) AberDNA - Donation scheme to the club akin to your FoH. It's reported that there has been 800 new members sign up in the last two months

3) Season Tickets - Aberdeen had set an ambitions target of 5k season tickets being sold by the end of April. Last report was that 4,500 have bought season tickets. theres not many clubs in the SPFL (other than the cheeks maybe) that have had this level of boost

4) #StillStandingFree - raised over £140,000 for the campaign, used by the AFCCT to support the local communities at this time, including a donation from the Atlanta connections

Maybe but still loosing £1mil per month, like all clubs they will be near admin after furlough starts and no supporters this year. Budge may be unpopular with some but you can guarantee Hearts will survive this as she won't carry players contracts if there's no games.

Beast Boy
36 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Deferred wages for one. The fact that you don’t have as many supporters putting in as much money through AberDNA as FoH do for another. 

Then there was this from Cormack:

“Aberdeen have £1.5 million in the bank but Cormack admitted that he is looking for investors to put their hand in their pocket and to fill a possible £5 to £6million hole if there is no football between now and the new season.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/there-no-club-scotland-can-21741248

Personally, I find AFC an odious club full of hypocritical double-denim wearing cave dwellers, so I hope the grim forecasts of McCormack come to pass, and you get liquidated. 👍

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Albert McFly said:

Maybe but still loosing £1mil per month, like all clubs they will be near admin after furlough starts and no supporters this year. Budge may be unpopular with some but you can guarantee Hearts will survive this as she won't carry players contracts if there's no games.

I'd expect Aberdeen and Hearts to manage this and of course, clubs will be affected.

Cormack is driving reviewing when games can be started and how that looks.

Of course this will need to be in line with government guidelines, but the idea as I see it is to put some sort of planning in place and be able to forecast opportunities. that may indeed allow clubs to react accordingly.

IveSeenTheLight
10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Deferred wages for one. The fact that you don’t have as many supporters putting in as much money through AberDNA as FoH do for another. 

“Aberdeen have £1.5 million in the bank but Cormack admitted that he is looking for investors to put their hand in their pocket and to fill a possible £5 to £6million hole if there is no football between now and the new season.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/there-no-club-scotland-can-21741248

Personally, I find AFC an odious club full of hypocritical double-denim wearing cave dwellers, so I hope the grim forecasts of McCormack come to pass, and you get liquidated. 👍

Deferred wages - we haven't had to for now as we were covered under insurance. clubs that haven't had that coverage will have been eating into the cash reserves.

What is the FoH v AberDNA donations comparison? Not a competition (to be clear) and I think it is fantastic that both clubs have contributions, but how much of a difference is it. It's true that donating via the AberDNA brings members benefits i.e. ST reductions etc, so the value brought in is reduced by some expenditure too. On that front I'd likely accept that the FoH donations contribute more than the AberDNA.

Investor input - Depends how long it is. I guess that's why Cormack is pushing to have some sort of plan / forecast to work to.

Liquidation - Possible, but I highly doubt it. It does seem that your last sentence indicates that you are stuck in the 80's ;)

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

East Lothian Jambo
13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Deferred wages for one. The fact that you don’t have as many supporters putting in as much money through AberDNA as FoH do for another. 

When you're a supporter of a football club that was the most recent in this country to suffer an insolvency event it is perhaps wise to display some humility 

You can go on about potential "expulsion" from the Premiership all you want. Events at Paisley showed up what we have and what we've created. Hearts should be better placed than both Aberdeen and Hibs at this time on and off the pitch. We've every conceivable advantage over both clubs - support, benefactor contributions,  FoH running vastly ahead of comparable ventures at those clubs 

Levein has been an unmitigated disaster for this club. Its incomprehensible how he could've failed so badly. Rather than taking sly digs at fellow fans, many of whom have dug far deeper in their pockets than any other group of fans in the country,  maybe just have the good grace to accept the man you've steadfastly supported has made a monumental mess of things and that you've backed a real dud 

Edited by East Lothian Jambo

Beast Boy
7 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

When you're a supporter of a football club that was the most recent in this country to suffer an insolvency event it is perhaps wise to display some humility 

Do what the **** you like mate. I’ll keep hoping Aberdeen go tits up. Don’t like it? Stick me on ignore and spare me your sanctimonious pontificating. Cheers. 👍

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It was kind of rhetorical Colin.

I get it.  Just have to keep banging out the truth, particularly as some on here, even recently, are still in denial.

Edited by colinmaroon

East Lothian Jambo
22 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Do what the **** you like mate. I’ll keep hoping Aberdeen go tits up. Don’t like it? Stick me on ignore and spare me your sanctimonious pontificating. Cheers. 👍

Cool. You keep hoping rest of Scottish football goes bust and backing Levein to the hilt 

Beast Boy
3 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Cool. You keep hoping rest of Scottish football goes bust and backing Levein to the hilt 

Don’t think you’ve grasped the ignore function Spencey, try a bit harder this time. For the avoidance of doubt I have absolutely nothing to say to you, and all future attempts to engage will be ignored, cheers. 👍

East Lothian Jambo
14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Don’t think you’ve grasped the ignore function Spencey, try a bit harder this time. For the avoidance of doubt I have absolutely nothing to say to you, and all future attempts to engage will be ignored, cheers. 👍

:rofl:

51 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You've not really got the hang of this being "a supporter of a football club" thing have you?

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, Sraman said:

You've not really got the hang of this being "a supporter of a football club" thing have you?

No I actually have 👍

John Findlay
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

You can be our man at the BBC 😁

Report back to us when something juicy happens. 

👍👍👍

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Deferred wages - we haven't had to for now as we were covered under insurance. clubs that haven't had that coverage will have been eating into the cash reserves.

What is the FoH v AberDNA donations comparison? Not a competition (to be clear) and I think it is fantastic that both clubs have contributions, but how much of a difference is it. It's true that donating via the AberDNA brings members benefits i.e. ST reductions etc, so the value brought in is reduced by some expenditure too. On that front I'd likely accept that the FoH donations contribute more than the AberDNA.

Investor input - Depends how long it is. I guess that's why Cormack is pushing to have some sort of plan / forecast to work to.

Liquidation - Possible, but I highly doubt it. It does seem that your last sentence indicates that you are stuck in the 80's ;)

I hope no club goes bust because of all this. I think Aberdeen will probably be OK if your owner is for real (he seems to have very deep pockets but is still in that honeymoon period for new owners - especially foreign ones (although Cormack being a fan probably helps a lot) - when they still believe they can make their club challenge the OF, etc).

However they're going to come out of this in a fair bit of debt due to the wag referrals (£1-2m?) and the £2m put in from investors (the fact it says they are investors and not benefactors suggests they'll want a financial return) plus whatever losses arise from the shutdown if those funds can't cover them. From what I read the insurance thing isn't definite and it could only be up to a few thousand grand at most.

Aberdeen (and Hibs) wage deferral thing was all about virtue signalling to me. They didn't need to make that decision so early. They rushed into it I think after all the negative headlines around Hearts considering cuts, and they're both probably regretting it now. That will be a fair bit of football debt which has to be paid.

It was a bad decision but if Dons fans are happy with McInnes and co still pocketing their large salaries for doing some phone calls to drum up ST sales, that's fine.  It must be the most highly paid call centre in history up there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I hope no club goes bust because of all this. I think Aberdeen will probably be OK if your owner is for real (he seems to have very deep pockets but is still in that honeymoon period for new owners - especially foreign ones (although Cormack being a fan probably helps a lot) - when they still believe they can make their club challenge the OF, etc).

However they're going to come out of this in a fair bit of debt due to the wag referrals (£1-2m?) and the £2m put in from investors (the fact it says they are investors and not benefactors suggests they'll want a financial return) plus whatever losses arise from the shutdown if those funds can't cover them. From what I read the insurance thing isn't definite and it could only be up to a few thousand grand at most.

Aberdeen (and Hibs) wage deferral thing was all about virtue signalling to me. They didn't need to make that decision so early. They rushed into it I think after all the negative headlines around Hearts considering cuts, and they're both probably regretting it now. That will be a fair bit of football debt which has to be paid.

It was a bad decision but if Dons fans are happy with McInnes and co still pocketing their large salaries for doing some phone calls to drum up ST sales, that's fine.  It must be the most highly paid call centre in history up there.

Some press reports still calling deferral of payments “cuts”. Those deferrals are going to be the biggest danger to the survival of football clubs in Scotland. The longer this goes on, the more desperate some clubs will be to play in front of paying spectators. They’ll probably end up blaming the government for blocking an earlier restart than safety would allow, instead of having the fortitude to have faced up to their players with the obvious necessity of real cuts.

It was all to look like the good guys, when Hearts were being pummelled by the ex footballer pundits for doing the only sensible thing.

Last Laff
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Some press reports still calling deferral of payments “cuts”. Those deferrals are going to be the biggest danger to the survival of football clubs in Scotland. The longer this goes on, the more desperate some clubs will be to play in front of paying spectators. They’ll probably end up blaming the government for blocking an earlier restart than safety would allow, instead of having the fortitude to have faced up to their players with the obvious necessity of real cuts.

It was all to look like the good guys, when Hearts were being pummelled by the ex footballer pundits for doing the only sensible thing.

How long do the deferrals last for?  You can see the clubs that have done so changing to cuts in the not so distant future if there’s further evidence football won’t continue any time soon.  Probably the reason Dempsters went on about the league restarting, it means that when it’s obvious it won’t restart they will say they tried and then start the wage cuts. 

7 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Because you haven't heard doesn't mean that other clubs don't have such insurance.  Can you sonfirm your insurance pays out 100% of the wages and for how long?

Are you saying this money is used for players' wages ie these greeedy players are accepting full wages partialy paid for by punters who may be suffering wage cuts?

ST money is not made of elastic.  The more you use of it to cover pandemic costs it won't be available for when the season starts

Big Hearts!!

colinmaroon

Going by the level of integrity so far demonstrated in Scottish football,  today's "deferrals" aren't worth much.  How can a club pay their "deferrals" if there's no money?  Maybe Celtic will have a season cancelled so they can play "money spinning" friendlies with the poor, deluded lickspittles, who just roll over for Doncaster and his boss?

Ann will prove to be more honest than many of that lot when their promises fall flat.

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

How long do the deferrals last for?  You can see the clubs that have done so changing to cuts in the not so distant future if there’s further evidence football won’t continue any time soon.  Probably the reason Dempsters went on about the league restarting, it means that when it’s obvious it won’t restart they will say they tried and then start the wage cuts. 

I think the deferrals last until the suspension of football is over. I agree that many clubs will have to revisit their arrangements.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I think the deferrals last until the suspension of football is over. I agree that many clubs will have to revisit their arrangements.

Till September initially for Aberdeen and Hibs didn't say how long for just repaid Dec then June 2021.

7 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

You can go on about potential "expulsion" from the Premiership all you want. Events at Paisley showed up what we have and what we've created. Hearts should be better placed than both Aberdeen and Hibs at this time on and off the pitch. We've every conceivable advantage over both clubs - support, benefactor contributions,  FoH running vastly ahead of comparable ventures at those clubs 

Levein has been an unmitigated disaster for this club. Its incomprehensible how he could've failed so badly. Rather than taking sly digs at fellow fans, many of whom have dug far deeper in their pockets than any other group of fans in the country,  maybe just have the good grace to accept the man you've steadfastly supported has made a monumental mess of things and that you've backed a real dud 

Bang on the money.

Mikey1874
12 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Wasn't on tonight. Though advertised.

Doing a podcast perhaps how it got confused or keeping options open to cover the Rangers evidence tomorrow. 

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I have taken a look at this aberdna nonsense:

For as little as £216/year you get a 15% discount on a season ticket (worth £50-£60?), a replica shirt (worth £45?), RedTV discount of 20% (no idea how much - £20?), merchandise discount of 15%, plus other bits and bobs like newsletters. I see around 7k have signed up and i am not surprised your entire home support has done because the ST discount makes it very attractive and cheap.

But add all the admin costs in and i would be surprised if it is making enough to cover Dave Cormack's lube bill.

Things like AberDna is the model the American owners are looking for in the future. Hibs and Dundee United have seen this lately were the fans have been asked to pony up. Hibs gave the money over no questions asked were United told them their owners they wanted shares in return.

Clerry Jambo
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wasn't on tonight. Though advertised.

Doing a podcast perhaps how it got confused or keeping options open to cover the Rangers evidence tomorrow. 

Correct MIkey usual BBC accuracy 

argyjambo
14 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

It's a Sportsound podcast on BBC radio Scotland website available around noon every weekday, it's not available as stated in the press, as being on medium wave (AM). I checked my car radio at 6:pm today feck in Brian Burnett across DAB, FM & AM.

IveSeenTheLight

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

But add all the admin costs in and i would be surprised if it is making enough to cover Dave Cormack's lube bill.

:rofl: 

Well, you can't complain when you go to visit. He's a considerate sort of guy 😝

Restonbabe
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I have taken a look at this aberdna nonsense:

For as little as £216/year you get a 15% discount on a season ticket (worth £50-£60?), a replica shirt (worth £45?), RedTV discount of 20% (no idea how much - £20?), merchandise discount of 15%, plus other bits and bobs like newsletters. I see around 7k have signed up and i am not surprised your entire home support has done because the ST discount makes it very attractive and cheap.

Math is and will never be my strong point. On that proviso allow for my ignorance. 

Aberdna £216 a year equates to 1.5 million over a year.

FoH is clearly more than that.

I find it heartwarming that other clubs are trying to pull at fans heartstrings to cough up money to keep the club alive. 

I say good on Aberdeen for doing so. 

After we recover to some sort of normaility I genuinely hope every club with the exception of Dundee survives. 

After the voting fisaco I can't see any way back for supporting that club

Weakened Offender
14 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s easy to forget that Aberdeen were pretty mediocre before we ended up in the Championship with Rangers and Hibs. Aberdeen capitalised on that well, as they were the only team left in that division outside of Celtic that could attract the proven Premiership players necessary to wrap up second place each season. The way we bounced back up rattled them, as we were picking up the points we needed to get back up in the mix under Neilson. Sadly this wasn’t good enough for many of the man-babies in our support, who started whining about it being boring. Then once Neilson had had enough, we have been toiling ever since apart from one good run under Levein. Aberdeen must have shit themselves laughing at our self-implosion. Looks like we are going to have to try and do the same again, but there is no guarantee we will. That’s what really winds me up about the folk who want to see us back in the ****ing Bush leagues, so we can win more games. Get that shit straight in the ****ing sea, for one thing there’s no cast iron guarantee it will go that way, and for another, we would be doing it at a level that Hearts supporters should realise is beneath the club. It’ll give Hibs and Aberdeen a march on us too, when we should be emerging from this crisis stronger than them.

Take a bow. 😎

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

...the ST discount makes it very attractive and cheap.

A season ticket for Pittodrie? Attractive?

Lay off the drink, Nookie!

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Math is and will never be my strong point. On that proviso allow for my ignorance. 

I find it heartwarming that other clubs are trying to pull at fans heartstrings to cough up money to keep the club alive. 

After we recover to some sort of normaility I genuinely hope every club with the exception of Dundee survives. 

Of course it is, although there are cheaper packages and as little as £8 for kids so the sum is a lot less than that. 

5 hours ago, Boof said:

A season ticket for Pittodrie? Attractive?

Lay off the drink, Nookie!

Lockdown fever. I’ve started working my way through the old bottles of sherry. 

8 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

I genuinely hope every club with the exception of Dundee survives. 

I've not got much time for Dundee FC, however the voting fiasco was down to the actions of one man. The Dundee fans forum were all pretty disgusted at the time. 

Beast Boy
19 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

the voting fiasco was down to the actions of one man.

Unsure if you mean Lawwell or Doncaster here?

David McCaig
8 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Presumably Aberdeen have to pay VAT on AberDNA as well.

Therefore, the actual cash raised is likely to drop by about a 1/3 once VAT and Season Ticket discounts are applied.

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Unsure if you mean Lawwell or Doncaster here?

I was meaning the blame for Dundee's voting fiasco u-turn was down to John Nelms.