Sportsound

Seymour M Hersh

Beast Boy
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

My opinion of him was formed on the Rangers same club debate.

Then there was the two games at Hampden when he said all clubs were behind the idea only for Ann to reply it was the most stupid thing she had heard in her life.

Today was the same he makes some hair brained idea then works backwards to try and justify it.

I think he is useless and will continue to make massive errors in the future. As I said before I would not want to deal with him and he is just not up to the job he is paid for.

That article is from when Regan was told to leave... sorry resigned.

Lawwell was moving the pieces in to position back then. He was moving as many of his pawns in to seats in the governing bodies as he could. Regan clearly didn’t toe the line enough, so the pliable Neil Doncaster was suggested. 

Look at the rhetoric in what he says. It’s actually outrageous, and I can’t believe people were okay with it at the time. He’s saying that the SFA need to know their place because Celtic are too big to be controlled by them.

Around about the same time he accompanied the “very able guy” Doncaster on the SKY TV negotiation meeting in London. Doncaster is on £300k+ p/a... and he needs Lawwell to accompany him to do his job? 

Celtic run the entire shooting match, partly through proxy with puppets like Doncaster, MacLennan, and directors of other clubs who will bend over and touch their toes on demand.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Seymour M Hersh

• Diadora Van Basten

• Last Laff

How is a clown like this on these wages 3 times the salary of the health minister and prime minister he could not organise a 5 a side tournament with 2 teams in it.

Captain Scarlett
6 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Lawwell was moving the pieces in to position back then. He was moving as many of his pawns in to seats in the governing bodies as he could. Regan clearly didn’t toe the line enough, so the pliable Neil Doncaster was suggested. 

Look at the rhetoric in what he says. It’s actually outrageous, and I can’t believe people were okay with it at the time. He’s saying that the SFA need to know their place because Celtic are too big to be controlled by them.

Around about the same time he accompanied the “very able guy” Doncaster on the SKY TV negotiation meeting in London. Doncaster is on £300k+ p/a... and he needs Lawwell to accompany him to do his job? 

Celtic run the entire shooting match, partly through proxy with puppets like Doncaster, MacLennan, and directors of other clubs who will bend over and touch their toes on demand.

Well said couldn’t agree more.

Beast Boy
4 minutes ago, normando said:

How is a clown like this on these wages 3 times the salary of the health minister and prime minister he could not organise a 5 a side tournament with 2 teams in it.

Because it’s in Celtic’s interests to have someone they can control in the job.

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I think all the bottom six teams have been paid the equivalent of what they will of finishing bottom, you’re right.

Which also doesn't make sense if you dig deeper. 

He also said the top 6 had been paid for 6th too.

Unlikely for Motherwell and Aberdeen but Livingston and Hibs (St. Johnstone) could end up bottom 6.  Were they paid up to date at 12th or 6th?

Last Laff
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Which also doesn't make sense if you dig deeper. 

He also said the top 6 had been paid for 6th too.

Unlikely for Motherwell and Aberdeen but Livingston and Hibs (St. Johnstone) could end up bottom 6.  Were they paid up to date at 12th or 6th?

It was reported Celtic Rangers Motherwell all got paid for top six positions the rest all got the equivalent of finishing bottom.  I did hear that though today and wonder if further money has been paid out after that. 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It was reported Celtic Rangers Motherwell all got paid for top six positions the rest all got the equivalent of finishing bottom.  I did hear that though today and wonder if further money has been paid out after that. 

Yep.

Remember now.

3 got £350k ish and the remainder about half.

Cheers.

Edited by DETTY29

Last Laff
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep.

Remember now.

3 got £350k ish and the remainder about half.

Cheers.

Nae worries 👍

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I was always taught that the cream (of any profession) rose to the top. How on earth in this country has the absolute dregs managed to rise to the top in football. 

Like cream, shit also rises...

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He comes across as someone who would fail in most walks of life.

I certainly wouldn’t want to deal with him as he doesn’t listen and certainly likes the sound of his own voice.

He doesn’t have the intelligence to see the damage he is doing to the game.

I think anyone coming into Scottish football should at least come from a sports background and understand the intricacies & complexity of Scottish football. The guy still doesn't seem to have a clue, yet gets paid more than the President of the USA. 

Austin MacGlee
3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

This is an organisation who employ Pat Bonnar, Willie Miller, Derek Ferguson, Billy Dodds and Biscuits... to talk. Most of them can’t even talk.

Factually correct.

3 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He comes across as someone who would fail in most walks of life.

I certainly wouldn’t want to deal with him as he doesn’t listen and certainly likes the sound of his own voice.

He doesn’t have the intelligence to see the damage he is doing to the game.

He doesn't care about damage to the game.

He might not be intelligent but he's not daft either 388k a year😡

How does one go about getting these jobs  ?

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He doesn't care about damage to the game.

He might not be intelligent but he's not daft either 388k a year😡

How does one go about getting these jobs  ?

It's not what you know, it's who you know in many cases. 

Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

They aren’t avoiding it.  The clubs are voting on if they want it next week.  

So why don’t they supersede that and just request an independent enquiry themselves?

The SPFL have already had Deloitte’s carry out an audit (who paid for that and where did the money come from?) of the Dundee voting fiasco without the need to gain agreement from the clubs.

Surely if they can authorise that themselves they can authorise a broader - totally independent - investigation looking at the full circumstances?

Remember, according to the SPFL board (except Stewart Robertson) there is nothing to see here. If that was the case, and I was Doncaster et al, I’d be the first to want an investigation carried out. But then again, if I were Doncaster et al I’d also be a lying barsteward!!!!

4 hours ago, normando said:

Don't let him near a LC semi-finl draw then.  Our governance supremos once managed to cock that up with 4 teams in it.

He'd be miles out of his depth.

A simple solution to stop any suggestions of bullying would be for Clubs to submit their votes anonymously so long as all 42 votes are received on time.

It would be quite easy to have a system in place that would show that all the clubs had voted but to not know how they voted.

Club CEO's Chairmpersons to be told not to disclose how they have voted or intend to vote until after the vote has been officially declared.

Of course we all know this will never happen because it would take away Doncaster, MCClennan etc control on the outcome.

Good journalists would be probing for alternative ways to avoid controversy instead of being so meek and easily cow towing to the like of Doncaster.

Typical very poor performance by Gordon and the BBC.

jambodoug

Couple of things that don’t sit well with me (i) he dictated the terms of him being interviewed (Ii) issued a statement calling out Ann (iii) ...he hung up without answering the final question about bullying. 

Couple of things that don't sit well with me (i) he is corrupt (ii) the SPFL is corrupt (iii) the SFA is corrupt (iv) the MSM is corrupt (v) EUFA is corrupt (vi) FIFA is corrupt. 

Every one of us know it but every time they get called out the organisations and the MSM close ranks "for the good of the game".

annushorribilis III
11 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So why don’t they supersede that and just request an independent enquiry themselves?

The SPFL have already had Deloitte’s carry out an audit (who paid for that and where did the money come from?) of the Dundee voting fiasco without the need to gain agreement from the clubs.

Surely if they can authorise that themselves they can authorise a broader - totally independent - investigation looking at the full circumstances?

Remember, according to the SPFL board (except Stewart Robertson) there is nothing to see here. If that was the case, and I was Doncaster et al, I’d be the first to want an investigation carried out. But then again, if I were Doncaster et al I’d also be a lying barsteward!!!!

If Doncaster is right then call the independent investigation, clear themselves and demand Roberson's  apology and resignation from the board. Cost should not be an issue - there is a fundamental issue here at the highest level (the board) and this needs to be cleansed either way.

Ethan Hunt
16 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

If Doncaster is right then call the independent investigation, clear themselves and demand Roberson's  apology and resignation from the board. Cost should not be an issue - there is a fundamental issue here at the highest level (the board) and this needs to be cleansed either way.

Absolutely. But we all now there is something to hide, and as a result it makes it even more important that it’s cleansed 👍

3fingersreid
45 minutes ago, jambodoug said:

Couple of things that don’t sit well with me (i) he dictated the terms of him being interviewed (Ii) issued a statement calling out Ann (iii) ...he hung up without answering the final question about bullying. 

Fully agree

on point one if he can’t handle questions regarding his governance he shouldn’t be doing the job , ,on the second point , like MS with rangers and trayner, I’m not comfortable when people aren’t there to defend themselves . 

Mike Muleaney from Alloa on today.

Also vice chair of SFA and credited with the SFA advisory role in supporting the SPFL and their end of season resolution. 

Classic top class journalistic questioning from David Currie...to the Alloa Chairman, SFA Vice Chair, SFA co-ordinator to SPFL, fellow club board member of one of the Championship SPFL board members, who was a signatory to the SPFL move on letter to all 42 clubs.

'Was your club bullied?'

1 hour ago, jambodoug said:

Knowing how the BBC are he would dictate the terms to them otherwise he would refuse to be interviewed. Any decent journalistic organisation would immediately be giving AB the opportunity to answer any such allegation but not the BBC.

Pathetic BBC SCotland.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Mike Muleaney from Alloa on today.

Also vice chair of SFA and credited with the SFA advisory role in supporting the SPFL and their end of season resolution. 

Mike Mulraney says "we will sink or swim together" talking about challenges of playing again..

But what does that mean?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52521039

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Classic top class journalistic questioning from David Currie...to the Alloa Chairman, SFA Vice Chair, SFA co-ordinator to SPFL, fellow club board member of one of the Championship SPFL board members, who was a signatory to the SPFL move on letter to all 42 clubs.

'Was your club bullied?'

Correct, he and his club rep bullied ? unlikely as they are part of the bully's gang (ie SPFL Board).

Mikey1874
18 minutes ago, Rods said:

He means the pack will survive if we allow 3 to drown.

1 of these 3 are Hearts.

Demoting teams in these circumstances is certainly not a good start in 'working together'. 

Forcing clubs to vote to end the season by the threat of money as well.

28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Demoting teams in these circumstances is certainly not a good start in 'working together'. 

Forcing clubs to vote to end the season by the threat of money as well.

Correct its all just sounbites to make themselves feel better. They will say we tried Budge was on the committee etc. 

If they really wanted to stick together reconstruction should have been tied to the money.

jambodoug
3 hours ago, Sraman said:

Couple of things that don't sit well with me (i) he is corrupt (ii) the SPFL is corrupt (iii) the SFA is corrupt (iv) the MSM is corrupt (v) EUFA is corrupt (vi) FIFA is corrupt. 

Every one of us know it but every time they get called out the organisations and the MSM close ranks "for the good of the game".

Fair points. But that goes without saying...

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mike Mulraney says "we will sink or swim together" talking about challenges of playing again..

But what does that mean?

He should be called out on that over used cliche.

In any case aside from Celtic (huge cash reserves) and Sevco (their directors are too far gone not to bail them out) I'd suggest Hearts are the best placed club to ride this out through FoH.  Alloa - what are they gonna do - sell STs for non existent games or start up their own version of FoH ?

Mulraney knows one thing for sure - it's definitely  not a case of "we will sink or swim together".

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

But what does that mean?

In any case aside from Celtic (huge cash reserves) and Sevco (their directors are too far gone not to bail them out) I'd suggest Hearts are the best placed club to ride this out through FoH.  Alloa - what are they gonna do - sell STs for non existent games or start up their own version of FoH ?

Mulraney knows one thing for sure - it's definitely  not a case of "we will sink or swim together".

frankblack
23 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

You do realise that with no clear indication of when football could resume in Scotland, our expulsion could mean we are out of the premier league for up to 4 years.

We need to be fighting this with lawyers and serving papers on these clowns to recover at least 3 years of loss of income from being expelled.  Lets see how the likes of St Mirren like it when we drain their cash pot for next season.

132goals1958
20 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

Whilst true I can see them being brought down a notch or two. Their cash reserves were just shy of £40 million as reported in their last financials. Players will be taking a haircut on salaries which are around  £60 million but the lack of match day revenue / merchandising streams will  significantly reduce income. Thankfully they missed out on Champions League money and their brief run in the UEFA tournament will have adversely impacted on their budget assumptions.

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

You do realise that with no clear indication of when football could resume in Scotland, our expulsion could mean we are out of the premier league for up to 4 years.

We need to be fighting this with lawyers and serving papers on these clowns to recover at least 3 years of loss of income from being expelled.  Lets see how the likes of St Mirren like it when we drain their cash pot for next season.

I have no idea what you are talking about. 

I was clearly responding to Mulraney's "all in it together" trope and Hearts likely ability to ride out the storm. 

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I was clearly responding to Mulraney's "all in it together" trope and Hearts likely ability to ride out the storm. 

Beast Boy
3 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

It’s a ludicrous statement from the guy. I hope they go tits up. Won’t get a brass farthing from me like every other club who was happy to expel us to save their own skin. We won’t sink, we are too big and well supported. Alloa? Every chance they will...

Sink or swim together? I hope plenty Scottish clubs get liquidated after this Celtic rally-round circle jerk we have just witnessed.

Dagger Is Back
3 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Whilst true I can see them being brought down a notch or two. Their cash reserves were just shy of £40 million as reported in their last financials. Players will be taking a haircut on salaries which are around  £60 million but the lack of match day revenue / merchandising streams will  significantly reduce income. Thankfully they missed out on Champions League money and their brief run in the UEFA tournament will have adversely impacted on their budget assumptions.

To be fair their fans are pretty good at getting the buckets out and raising money for causes. They'll just have to snowpake out 3 letters on the buckets

132goals1958
7 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

To be fair their fans are pretty good at getting the buckets out and raising money for causes. They'll just have to snowpake out 3 letters on the buckets

Yep. Remember going to one of their sinister pubs ( maybe the vaults ) when they openly collected for the cause. Eerie people 

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, 132goals1958 said:

Yep. Remember going to one of their sinister pubs ( maybe the vaults ) when they openly collected for the cause. Eerie people 

Tell you something even eerier

My mate who is a Dundee United fan went to Glasgow with his wife in December for a show. The show was crap so they left and went to Molly Malones for a few drinks. They were having a decent time when the evening entertainment arrived, Irish band. 

My mate went to the bog towards the end of the 'show' and when he came back he found the vocalist having a go at his Mrs

Her 'crime'? Refusing to put money in the bucket for the Republican cause.

Mate told them to Foxtrot Oscar and bailed

That was 2019!!

frankblack
2 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

:cornette_dog:

Looks like I clearly overestimated your comprehension level of English.

You seemed to think that we will be fine and its other clubs who need to worry.  I pointed out that expelling us from the Premiership will cost us at least £4m a year conservatively, with losses increasing the longer no punters can pay to watch from the stands.

Then there is every chance the next season isn't completed and this time the cartel votes to void it, and there is nothing to stop them.  That will be another year in the Championship to rack up more £millions in losses.

If we want to save the club we need to be proactive and nip this in the bud with lawyers now.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Tell you something even eerier

My mate who is a Dundee United fan went to Glasgow with his wife in December for a show. The show was crap so they left and went to Molly Malones for a few drinks. They were having a decent time when the evening entertainment arrived, Irish band. 

My mate went to the bog towards the end of the 'show' and when he came back he found the vocalist having a go at his Mrs

Her 'crime'? Refusing to put money in the bucket for the Republican cause.

Mate told them to Foxtrot Oscar and bailed

That was 2019!!

Sadly some things never seem to change. Quite depressing that we continue to have a West of Scotland cultural malaise. 

23 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

My belief is that Scottish football suffers hugely from a belief it needs to be democratic. IMO the club chairmen should elect a CEO based on a number of candidates requiring say, 8/10 clubs to nominate them. Have an election every 4 years where the chairmen effectively progress check and can remove the CEO if targets aren't met. I think the current set up is too open to exploitation/ corruption/ absue as we've seen with Lawwell and Celtic. Business's don't run as like this. The SPFL is failing its clubs by allowing them too much input into decision making processes. Quite simply, you either elect a CEO and trust them to make decisions based on their campaign or you don't. The current set up isn't working and that needs recognised urgently. 

Regarding the Doncaster and Lawwell Sky negotiation tag team.

For a start I think its entirely inappropriate for one club chairman to participate in TV deal negotiations which impact all clubs. This is a bit of a theory, but given the obvious influence Lawwell wields over the SFA/ SPFL I think its worth putting out there:

I believe that Celtic don't want a good TV deal. Scotland is never going to get a TV deal which positively impacts Celtic. There isn't enough money. We'd need to have EPL style backing for that to occur and the reality is that we're never going to see that sort of money invested in Scottish football. My thoughts are that any increase in TV revenue to the league doesn't suit Celtic as it will only strengthen other teams. If we got £50m a season instead of the current £32m (?) clubs can suddenly retain youngsters and buy better players. Suddenly Celtics player costs increase and they have to actually put serious offers in for players - look at the McGinn saga, they did not want to pay market price. 

I know its a bit tin foil hat club, but I think there is reasoning there. A question worth asking is, why if we're paying our CEO more money than the President of the United States does he need a club representative there?  I think its because Celtic's interests supersede Scottish footballs. 

TheGoodLord

I’ve been massively disappointed with Scottish football journalism throughout this debacle. They all just on sit on their hands waiting to react to what happens next. Surely they should be taking the SPFL to task and I mean really going in two footed. The Sportsound team sums it up, all hamming it up in the studio but nobody actually going out on a limb. They had a golden chance to grill Doncaster but let him run rings round them the tragedy being that chance will possibly be the one and only before this gets put to bed . Just so utterly disheartening. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s a ludicrous statement from the guy. I hope they go tits up. Won’t get a brass farthing from me like every other club who was happy to expel us to save their own skin. We won’t sink, we are too big and well supported. Alloa? Every chance they will...

Sink or swim together? I hope plenty Scottish clubs get liquidated after this Celtic rally-round circle jerk we have just witnessed.

He was saying something that I suspected too - that it will be easier for part time clubs to ride this out than a Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen.   Part time clubs tend to have a lot or even most of their players out of contract in the summer so they don’t have much in the way of wages to pay out.  Even the players they still have on contract will be furloughed anyway so the clubs won’t be paying anything as long as that lasts, unless they agree to pay the extra 20% to keep them on their full pay. 

Contrast that to Dave Cormack who said Aberdeen are losing around £1 million per month. It’s all very well being well supported but that won’t cut it when these supporters aren’t allowed to watch football. 

Craig Herbertson
3 hours ago, oi oi said:

It was on the radio not the telly.

Also he's chief exec of SPFL rather than the SFA as your poll suggests. 

It's not my poll, as you state, but I endorse the general idea of it. I think Neil Doncaster has been a useful middle man for a duopoly model of the old firm. He has continually endorsed the view that the two-team model is good for Scottish football. He blatantly supported the view that the loss of Rangers to the SPFL would be a disaster for the Scottish game. It wasn't. It was a disaster for Rangers. Many other teams benefited.  Now that Celtic are the dominant force in Scottish football, he appears to be supporting their every move. He is paid far too much for endorsing an unsuccessful show and for propping up whichever is the dominant one of two teams.

Mr Doncaster maybe talks a good game in a set up interview but he has talked our game down so much I have to think back to my youth to remember when we seriously challenged the English league teams. I have almost forgotten that we were once a great footballing nation. He is even hated by many Celtic fans which is so remarkable as to be near miraculous. A lot of us are falling for the idea that we can't do this and that because of the contract that says there must a set number of old firm games. Think about that for two seconds and see how that matches to any semblance of sporting integrity. The model needs to change and it should change now.

This whole money grubbing over a hollow title in the middle of a pandemic is shameless. The system is broken. We need some leadership. It is a disgrace and he should take some responsibility for it.

So, I would say a good start would be to show our displeasure by voting for his removal. If we can't have a sporting body with a semblance of sporting integrity we might as well chuck in the towel.

Craig Herbertson
3 hours ago, oi oi said:

It was on the radio not the telly.

Also he's chief exec of SPFL rather than the SFA as your poll suggests. 

15 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Sorry meant to say thanks for enlightening me about it being a radio broadcast. I knew about the distinction between SFA and SPFL but just forgot.