• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Seymour M Hersh

• Diadora Van Basten

• Last Laff

queensferryjambo

Why no Tom English or Michael Stewart allowed to question him?

Very slippery man is Doncaster.

Restonbabe

He changed the format before the start of the show.

Clearly lying to us all ans/or calling out Ann Budge as a liar or misinformed. 

At the head of an Absloute shit show and accountable to no-one it seems 

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Why no Tom English or Michael Stewart allowed to question him?

Very slippery man is Doncaster.

Would only come on if it was a one to one interview. Gordon is utterly useless and a presenter not a journalist. Allowing that wankpiece to walk all over him. It should have been English doing to the sheep shagger. Had to turn it over as was about to spontaneously combust in anger. :laugh:

Diadora Van Basten

Doncaster comes across as a politician speaking over Richard Gordon not answering the question and deliberately missing the point.

Could you have made advance payments of 75% of the monies due for this season?  Answer no

Did you make advance payments in 2016/17? Yes we make advance payments all the time 

This guy is an absolute clown.

Diadora Van Basten
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Would only come on if it was a one to one interview. Gordon is utterly useless and a presenter not a journalist. Allowing that wankpiece to walk all over him. It should have been English doing to the sheep shagger. Had to turn it over as was about to spontaneously combust in anger. :laugh:

It sounds like there was stipulations for him to come on the show.

manaliveits105

Ah the broadcast revenues are not the same as England and Germany

who negotiates ours again ?

queensferryjambo

He is getting an absolutely easy ride on this show. Doncaster is doing all the talking and effectively running the interview now.

Richard Gordon just isn't the guy to press him.

3fingersreid

His first line basically accused Mrs Budge of lying . Doesn’t have the balls to face Stewart or more pertinently Tom English . 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

It sounds like there was stipulations for him to come on the show.

I would have told him to bolt. You come on and answer to all panelists or not at all. Allowing to hide and set the agenda just typifies BBC Glasgow unfortunately. There should be no hiding place for the *******.

Last Laff
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I would have told him to bolt. You come on and answer to all panelists or not at all. Allowing to hide and set the agenda just typifies BBC Glasgow unfortunately. There should be no hiding place for the *******.

Others have had one on one interviews with the sportsound guys also, it stops them all shouting over each other.  The questions will have all been screened before it takes place from the bbc regardless of who is asking also. 

manaliveits105

“Current economic havoc being wreaked on Scottish clubs “

but it’s ok to wreak it on us

1 minute ago, Jap Jambo said:

Dear god, Willie Miller makes two short planks look like a super computer...

One day someone will do it.

When a client asks me for a useless feature | The Coding Love

Edited by Nobreath

Restonbabe

BBC bitching about a loan or what is a loan or advances. 

Clear lying on the raido by the head of the SPFL yet not addressing it. 

I'm sure budge is easily contactable to confirm if it was a loan or not when it was administered whilst on the board 

Kidd’s Boots

Fast becoming the Michael Stewart show, and he’s clearly had some media lessons from Chris Sutton this week.

There is no way he would have gone on the show unless he knew it would be easy, he is a coward and it has been shown here.

I hope English and Stewart are allowed to rip into him after that and the excuse he isnt there to defend himself is his own fault.

Pr!ck.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Jap Jambo said:

Dear god, Willie Miller makes two short planks look like a super computer...

:rofl:

1971fozzy

He goes on radio, chooses the subjects and who can ask him questions !! FFS what a coward and shame on BBC accepting that. Who the fek does he think he is ? 
Im glad he did go on though as he has lied on various points, made himself look a complete tit and hopefully Rangers evidence will show him to be a liar as he’s on record now.

Diadora Van Basten

Neil Doncaster said that payments could only made once the season ended. It has now been  proved that is not correct.

Why then does everyone pull their punches instead of calling him out for the liar he is.

Doncaster certainly isn’t shy about calling Budge a liar.

Walter Bishop

Tom English appears to have in the know information the season will be concluded as it is, The EGM called by the clubs is only thing stopping it being announced. 

Holyrood_Hearts

Was Willie Miller sleeping during his interview? He’s ****ing clueless on everything that’s been said

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

SPFL statement basically blaintaly call g Ann budge a liar 

Moving the goal posts as well: 

Now the only “realistic” way they could have paid out monies to clubs.

Before it was the only way they could pay monies to clubs.

IveSeenTheLight
16 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Neil Doncaster said that payments could only made once the season ended. It has now been  proved that is not correct.

I read that payments made in 2016 was possible because Celtic agreed to defer payments to them to allow the funds to go to the other teams.

Technically is that a loan? I guess not but advanced payments to some and deferred payments to others.

Its an interesting twist because does it infer that there was not enough funds to make loans /advance payments to potentially all 42 clubs?

Certainly there could have been an option to give out the minimum amounts a club could receive.

Paint the town maroon

Trying to be a bit balanced which I know doesn’t sit well...

Doncaster is a smart operator and answered a number of the questions. Tom English revelation now looks a bit embarrassing. Hence why he was so quiet. The Ann Budge correction must give him a red face.

Its now down to Rangers (wash my mouth out). They either have something that will rip this apart or it’s over.

By the way. 3 weeks into league construction and nothing coming out re progress. I though AB hoped to have a proposal in 3 weeks...

Pasquale for King

Sorry if it’s been mentioned but did anyone hear Doncaster say that all the lower leagues clubs would want an equal share of money left over if the season was declared null and void? 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Then dungcaster just hung up on them. 

Just at the point where he was asked if he knew if anyone had accused him of bullying?!?! 

Horatio Caine

Long time ago I worked in the banking industry.  Banks and Building Societies always referred to loans as `advances`.  No difference between the two.  They both have to be repaid

15 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

SPFL statement basically blaintaly call g Ann budge a liar 

Advance or loan may be a genuine mistake. 

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I read that payments made in 2016 was possible because Celtic agreed to defer payments to them to allow the funds to go to the other teams.

Technically is that a loan? I guess not but advanced payments to some and deferred payments to others.

Its an interesting twist because does it infer that there was not enough funds to make loans /advance payments to potentially all 42 clubs?

Certainly there could have been an option to give out the minimum amounts a club could receive.

I would say it’s an advance fee payment and this is what should have been done in this situation.

The SPFL stated that the only way clubs could get money was to vote the league as over and only offered one option as to how to end it stating that W as the only way.

It has now been proven that there was no requirement to make a decision regarding the league at this point. Money could have been paid out.

It has also been proven that it is possible to end the season null and void.

I think this is just evidence that Celtic want the league called as if and have used payments to clubs as a bargaining chip to get agreement.

It has also been proven that Neil Doncaster is not to be trusted and speaks with a forked tongue.

NeilBerry79

Why didn’t they ask him about the Dundee vote being changed. That’s as dodgy as *** and not mentioned at all? 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, sac said:

Chance to put him on the spot & ask him about phone calls to DFC, ABD & anyone else. Nada

4 minutes ago, NeilBerry79 said:

Why didn’t they ask him about the Dundee vote being changed. That’s as dodgy as *** and not mentioned at all? 

Exactly, did they even have plans to ask him before Lawell hung up the phone.

Japan Jambo
5 minutes ago, sac said:

Chance to put him on the spot & ask him about phone calls to DFC, ABD & anyone else. Nada

Telling that he's been in in hiding for weeks and would only join the program if it was a one on one with Gordon and not a panel with the likes of Stewart and English.

A few weeks ago they put up the other chap to be interviewed by Chico, Miller and someone other makeweight. It's very clear that the BBC Scotland football department very much exists in the pocket of the governing authorities and isn't nearly as independent as we might all wish.

Diadora Van Basten

Saturday 2nd May 2020

SPFL STATEMENT

2ND MAY 2020

Regrettably, we have to correct Ann Budge’s statement in the article by Tom English on the BBC Scotland website today, where she said: “I’ve sat on the SPFL board and I’ve approved a loan for another club.”
Quite simply, she did not, (and neither did anyone else during Ann’s tenure on the SPFL board).

Her subsequent statement in the same BBC interview is far more accurate: “I genuinely can’t remember the club involved, but a club required an advance. We discussed it, it wasn’t contentious , everybody agreed and we moved on.”

As Ann herself correctly states in the latter comment – it was an advance payment of fees due to clubs – and not a loan, which is a crucial distinction.

The confusion is unfortunate, but the facts are clear:

In 2016, the SPFL agreed to pay invoices from two clubs for fees they were due to receive in the 2016/17 season. This was to help them with cash flow problems caused when Rangers’ promotion into the Premiership meant some clubs would have only two Old Firm home games pre-split rather than three, which they had had prior to 2012.

To overcome this challenge, the Board, of which Ann was a director, approved £150k advance fee payments to two clubs.

•    These advance payments were subject to VAT – Loans are not.
•    These advance payments were invoiced – Loans are not.
•    Loans, by their very definition, have to be repaid – these advance fee payments did not.  

Moving forward, we are still being asked if we could have made loans to clubs of £9m in April, but there is no practical nor realistic way to have done so.

Before directors make loans, they must carry out due diligence into whether clubs have the ability to repay the loans. 

That is a major exercise and to do so 42 times in a short timescale would have been impossible. And, being frank, given the financial crisis that the game is in, it is impossible to see how the Board could have satisfied itself that all 42 clubs would have been a good credit risk. Clubs defaulting on loan repayments would have left every other club liable for the loss - which is exactly what happened when Gretna were given a loan over a decade ago.

As to the question: could we not have made millions of pounds of further advance fee payments in April, to help clubs weather the financial storm caused by Covid-19? The answer is no. By the end of March, the SPFL had already made fee payments up to roughly the entitlement of the bottom club in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2.

With fee payments being entirely dependent on final League placings, the Board’s resolution remains the only realistic way to have made substantial and quick payments to lower league clubs, as well as giving them the certainty and clarity they required to make the tough decisions necessary to get them through to the point that matches can be played once again.

Diadora Van Basten

With fee payments being entirely dependent on final League placings

You just advance a percentage just now and a percentage once the league is finalised hardly rocket science.

Last Laff
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

With fee payments being entirely dependent on final League placings

You just advance a percentage just now and a percentage once the league is finalised hardly rocket science.

We should make a request for one now and see what the outcome is, required or not. 

I'm hoping Rangers have been quiet to let Doncaster et al state the 'facts' so they can then prove them to be false, leaving them no where to go but resign. 

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Last Laff said:

We should make a request for one now and see what the outcome is, required or not. 

Bizarrely he said on the radio that the bottom 6 of the Prem have had their money paid out do we aren’t going to get any more money.

Please don’t ask how this reconciles with the statement that fee payments are based on league placing as I haven’t got a clue.

John Findlay
38 minutes ago, Paint the town maroon said:

Trying to be a bit balanced which I know doesn’t sit well...

Doncaster is a smart operator and answered a number of the questions. Tom English revelation now looks a bit embarrassing. Hence why he was so quiet. The Ann Budge correction must give him a red face.

Its now down to Rangers (wash my mouth out). They either have something that will rip this apart or it’s over.

By the way. 3 weeks into league construction and nothing coming out re progress. I though AB hoped to have a proposal in 3 weeks...

Tom English was quiet as Doncaster would only be questioned by Richard Gordon. Tom English wasnt allowed to question him and if he did Doncaster was walking.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Tom English was quiet as Doncaster would only be questioned by Richard Gordon. Tom English wasnt allowed to question him and if he did Doncaster was walking.

plus Mikey Stewart jumped in right away before TE got the opportunity to speak.

Edited by sac

Seymour M Hersh
12 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Ann Budge is doing more harm than good, tbh.

More than Dungaster the ******* *****?

Doncaster grasping at technicalities to get himself out of a spot imo. 

An advance payment is the same as a loan advanced on the security of the TV payments. 

To think that man earns more than the UK prime minister AND the FM of Scotland combined. 

He's doing his bit though he taking a 10% cut though 😂😂😂