Mafia - Game of Thrones

Shapes

31 minutes ago, Boof said:

I didn't get this - wasn't that premature gloating?

If the goons had NOT hit Daenerys - say they went for Geoff as an outed goodie - and she'd taken one of them out it would have left the town 2 v 2. If we're using deadlines and tiebreakers, that's not a majority. Odds still heavily in favour of the goons, but not a dead cert...

Anyway - where's Shapes' other game? How far back was the link...?

I'm talking shite - for once... :whistling:

Game was up as soon as I was lynched leaving 3 v 3 - if you'd gone for Geoff and Rudi had hit a goon, that would leave 2 v 2.

2v2 would leave a goon win due to their night-whack...assuming they remembered to do it...

Just thinking the other game link is on the Still Game thread...?

Thanks for the game Shapes - it was...errrr....fun...?

Edited by Boof

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• iantjambo

• Shapes

• Rudi Skacel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iantjambo
1 hour ago, Boof said:

I didn't get this - wasn't that premature gloating?

If the goons had NOT hit Daenerys - say they went for Geoff as an outed goodie - and she'd taken one of them out it would have left the town 2 v 2. If we're using deadlines and tiebreakers, that's not a majority. Odds still heavily in favour of the goons, but not a dead cert...

Anyway - where's Shapes' other game? How far back was the link...?

Yeah, I got a little over excited and jumped the gun. I thought that our victory was complete but we weren’t quite there.

iantjambo
13 hours ago, Boof said:

Wooo

Daenerys...you know what to do.

Or maybe leave him for the town tomorrow

Wooo

You were very talkative for a ghost Boof 😂

Breach of the rules here :D

Edited by iantjambo

Vlad Magic

If I hadn’t been seduced by red wine and clunge the outcome would have been very different.

I had a master plan!!!

iantjambo

Speaking of the watcher, I’ve been thinking about the roll. 
He/she is only really effective if watching the cop, doc or assassin, which is fair enough. However, us goons never really felt threatened by him and he wasn’t a particularly high target as if he watched us he would have to watch the one who was active. That requires a lot of luck.

How about in future games in which a watcher is used, the goons kill in pairs rather than alone. It would increase his chances of finding someone bad.

7 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We were pretty certain for a while that Rudi was the assassin, no matter what happened we were killing him. There was talk of killing him the previous night but it was decided to go with a mason instead. We were convinced you were the watcher :lol:

I thought Rudi had a cracking game. 3 bullets, 3 roled players and stayed alive long enough to use them all.

Me? The watcher? More of a talker... :whistling: :lol: 

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Speaking of the watcher, I’ve been thinking about the roll. 
He/she is only really effective if watching the cop, doc or assassin, which is fair enough. However, us goons never really felt threatened by him and he wasn’t a particularly high target as if he watched us he would have to watch the one who was active. That requires a lot of luck.

How about in future games in which a watcher is used, the goons kill in pairs rather than alone. It would increase his chances of finding someone bad.

I'd prefer a positive hit if the watcher watched a goon and they struck as a team.

As even if they do catch someone being active, they don't know if it's town-friendly or goonly and in order to get the information out there they have to decide how and when is the best way to do it AND make sure they stay alive long enough to be able to do so. Would give them less of a random guddling in the dark feel but also challenge them to work out how to convey what they'd unearthed.

All good suggestions for future games.

I still maintain my penalty shoot-out idea for breaking a tied vote trumps that bloody random thing - at least you'd feel you have some control over it.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I guess the watcher is really just another townie with the extra privilege of catching someone doing something, but as they can only win the game if the town wins then giving them too much responsibility maybe defeats the purpose a bit?

There was perhaps more emphasis placed on the watcher with the cop being killed early doors. If I'd had a positive result from my watching then it would have been up to me to determine if that was a good or bad night action based on my own opinions of how the game was going and who I felt was goonly etc.

It's a good role and adds more interest to the game for someone who would otherwise be a regular townie. Hard to judge the effectiveness when I didn't get any hits though.

20 minutes ago, Boof said:

I thought Rudi had a cracking game. 3 bullets, 3 roled players and stayed alive [edit - almost] long enough to use them all.

FTFM

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

boof your more active now the game is finished than when you were in it

The fecking goons certainly are - the bassas! :lol: 

A few posts disappeared - I had to ask Admin to remove anything relating to Shapes' participation in the other game.

10 minutes ago, Thingyman said:

@iantjambo @milky_26 @Vlad Magic @Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Would any of you guys be willing to sub in for Shapes in her Championship game?

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25767-Season-7-Game-1-Food-Fight-The-Mafia-Championship/

You can skim through the game thread here to get an idea of whether it seems managable.

@Boof

iantjambo
1 hour ago, Thingyman said:

@iantjambo @milky_26 @Vlad Magic @Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Would any of you guys be willing to sub in for Shapes in her Championship game?

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25767-Season-7-Game-1-Food-Fight-The-Mafia-Championship/

You can skim through the game thread here to get an idea of whether it seems managable.

Cheers for the offer but I’ll pass :)

1 hour ago, Thingyman said:

He already took a look and unfortunately had to pass 😕

Aye - looked a bit too full-on for me as I'm supposed to be working from home during the day.

Plus the deadline is at our 0200 - I suppose that might have prevented me from killing any cops... :lol: 

iantjambo
20 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Thanks for the game Shapes - enjoyable to a point :D

You called me out. Then the town whacked you :D

39 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

You called me out. Then the town whacked you :D

Yip - that was the point :rofl:

13 hours ago, Boof said:

Aye - looked a bit too full-on for me as I'm supposed to be working from home during the day.

Plus the deadline is at our 0200 - I suppose that might have prevented me from killing any cops... :lol: 

Seems I got that wrong - deadline was at 2200 our time. Still...I must do some proper work (he says whilst logged on to JKB... :whistling:)

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

im just trying to figure out how to type in bold

Done it👍🤣

• 3 months later...

Ok, this is a strange bump. But I finally bit the bullet and watched GoT from start to finish.

Absolutely brilliant. I was Jamie in this game, and other than throwing a wee laddie out the window and sticking my pen in the family ink, I was a bloody ok guy.

Tyrion was bloody brilliant though.

Stuart McNeill
15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Ok, this is a strange bump. But I finally bit the bullet and watched GoT from start to finish.

Absolutely brilliant. I was Jamie in this game, and other than throwing a wee laddie out the window and sticking my pen in the family ink, I was a bloody ok guy.

Tyrion was bloody brilliant though.

Brilliant show eh. 

You had just made me think I had missed 12 pages of the next Mafia game 😂

1 minute ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Brilliant show eh. 

You had just made me think I had missed 12 pages of the next Mafia game 😂

Outstanding. Only complaint was that Jon Snow’s storyline was ultimately built up to the fight against the undead, and when the battle finally came along, he spent most of it flying around on a dragon. He didn’t even kill the night king, that was left to Arya (my favourite character after Tyrion).

Stuart McNeill
11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Outstanding. Only complaint was that Jon Snow’s storyline was ultimately built up to the fight against the undead, and when the battle finally came along, he spent most of it flying around on a dragon. He didn’t even kill the night king, that was left to Arya (my favourite character after Tyrion).

Maybe want to put a spoiler tag on that 😬😂

30 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

20 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Maybe want to put a spoiler tag on that 😬😂

done. But pished and fecked it up 😂

Bollocks to it, I doubt I’ll spoil it for anyone on here 😁

On 14/08/2020 at 22:50, iantjambo said:

He was brought back from the dead for a reason - killing the Night King wasn't it :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

He was brought back from the dead for a reason - killing the Night King wasn't it :thumbsup:

Was it to pump Daenerys? :D

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Was it to pump Daenerys? :D

You mean Aunty Daenerys? Yes - repeatedly until dead :508: