Mafia - Game of Thrones

Shapes

Welcome to Westeros, where the Lannister's have claim to the Iron Throne. They want to do everything in their power to keep hold of it, but the Stark's in the north have other ideas. They are mounting a challenge to King's Landing and are determined to claim the throne for themselves after the brutal execution of their king, Robert Baratheon. The Lannister's also have another contender to deal with - Daenerys Targaryen. She is making her way towards Westeros and believes she is the rightful queen and wants the throne to herself. Who will be victorious? 

When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die.

Roles;

Tywin Lannister

Cersei Lannister

Joffrey Baratheon

Jaime Lannister

These are your goons  x 4 who work together and nominate a kill every night. Each goon will take it in turns to make the final decision on the kill. Win once they have the majority

Brienne of Tarth - she is Sansa's advisor and takes on the role of the cop. She can investigate 1 player every night and result of investigation will be given to the masons (Sansa Stark, Davos Seaworth & Lyanna Mormont)

Samwell Tarly has been off learning the maester's trade and he wants to protect the Stark's in their quest for the throne. He can give a medicine to 1 player each night and this will save them from being killed. He can’t save the same person 2 nights running.

Sansa Stark, Lyanna Mormont, Davos Seaworth- these are your masons for the game. They can communicate on PM together & will get the result of Brienne's investigation every night.

Daenerys Targaryen - She believes that she is the rightful queen. She wants to take the throne for herself. She will get 3 kills throughout the game and will win if she is the last remaining roled player.

Jon Snow - watcher on the wall. Every night Jon takes watch on the wall and will choose one player to watch. He will be told if this player has taken part in any night time activities but not what they were.

5 regular towns people who are part of House Stark and wanting them to claim the throne.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from Samwell, Brienne, Lannister's, Daenerys & Jon

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote whoever and unvote whoever

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you’re Jon, Daenerys etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there are enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest number of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role can PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about this unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I’ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtle hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don’t do it please.

Non-voters will be banned from voting the next day and non-posters will be mod killed

To encourage discussion - each alive player must make a minimum of 5 posts during day (exceptions will be made if the day is shorter e.g. a quick lynch happens)

Remember this is just for fun, don’t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

First deadline will be 9pm Saturday  Night, with all role players to have PM’s in by 9.30pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow. Deadlines will then be every 24 hours or if a majority vote happens before that which gets a player lynched.

PM's are sent. Let me know if you have not received one.

Have fun

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boof

• iantjambo

• Shapes

• Rudi Skacel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Player List

2. Yvonnejambo

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

6.Prince Buaben 

7. milky_26 

8. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

9. Bunny Munro

10. Vlad Magic

11. Ser Smackalot of House Methadone

12. JamboSean75

13. Boof 

14. Groot

15. Iantjambo 

16. Rudi Skacel

19. Dunks

20. Derek from Stenhouse

Prince Buaben

Afternoon. Like the 5 posts rule. Hopefully encourage more chat.(or spamming)

Afternoon fellow townies - only 5 of us vanilla-flavoured folk, I see.

If I was Brienne the Tart I'd be investigating Groot in time-honoured BS fashion. If he turns out to be a goon, he's safe from any night 1 investigating, however, as I have no role. For this game I am completely Starkers.

Just going to have a wee Google search and see if there's and bars in GoT that I could get a part-time job at.

Stay safe, Westerosians and FTLannisters.

7 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Afternoon. Like the 5 posts rule. Hopefully encourage more chat.(or spamming)

Never even read that far :lol:

Shouldn't be a problem for me...

Prince Buaben
12 minutes ago, Boof said:

Never even read that far :lol:

Shouldn't be a problem for me...

Sure you'll be fine. :lol:

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

By the way , what’s the punishment for not hitting your daily quota of posts?

You've to do a stint in Littlefinger's Brothel. Doorkeeper if you're lucky...

Meanwhile if any of you fancy a pint the Bawdy Badger is open for business.  Didn't quite fancy working in the Inn of the Kneeling Man...

:oohmatron:

iantjambo
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

You've to do a stint in Littlefinger's Brothel. Doorkeeper if you're lucky...

Meanwhile if any of you fancy a pint the Bawdy Badger is open for business.  Didn't quite fancy working in the Inn of the Kneeling Man...

:oohmatron:

The GoT references are completely lost on me :lol:

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

The GoT references are completely lost on me :lol:

Pretty much me too - haven't seen one episode yet, though I have read the books. There's a lot of Googling going on to refresh my memory :lol: 

14 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

By the way , what’s the punishment for not hitting your daily quota of posts?

you have to suckle at the teet of a giant

Hoping to avoid another shite patter related death so the 5 post rule could be a problem.

I'd use bs but I'm just regular scum from King's Landing. 

Think I'll go with your vote not counting. And it happens for a second day you'll get mod killed.

Prince Buaben
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

vote Prince Buaben

First day vote and he forced me to show my hand in the last game :)

:lol:

Vote Iantjambo

back at you 😉

Id also have used BS if i could have

Edited by Prince Buaben

Actual player list...

Player List

2. Yvonnejambo

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

6.Prince Buaben 

7. milky_26 

8. Dr. Sheldon Cooper

9. Bunny Munro

10. Vlad Magic

11. Ser Smackalot of House Methadone

12. JamboSean75

13. Boof 

14. Groot

15. Iantjambo 

16. Rudi Skacel

18. Bigsmak

19. Dunks

20. Derek from Stenhouse

Bunny Munro

Never seen GoT, should we all talk in ye olde English?

How art we all doing on this fine aft'rnoon?

Edited by Bunny Munro

Geoff Kilpatrick

Checking in before sleep. Never watched a single episode of this, even though it became a bulwark of tourism back home.

yvonnejambo

Should be fun and least I won’t get moaned at as not running it 😁 

i would use BS if I could and will need to google to understand any game of thrones references 

Vote Geoff Kilpatrick because he shags his sister and must therefore be a Lannister ****

Oh and a rule I forgot to clarify is that the reason the goons have individual character names is so when Jon Snow is watching people, he will only achieve a positive result if he chooses to watch the goon whose night it is for the kill. So if he was to watch Cersei but it was Jaime who had the kill decision that night then Cersei would show up as not doing anything.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Good evening town, a busy day at work so I'm just catching up. Been a while since I last played one of these games but have been watching the last couple with a view to participating. So here we are.

Like the 5 post rule, but I'm quizzing tonight and we are hosting a virtual race day for my girlfriend's birthday tomorrow afternoon so I'll try and get in before the drink takes over 😂

General GoT chat means nothing to me but I'll confirm I would use BS if I was the cop. Looking forward to getting this going 👍

Bunny Munro

I'd use BS if I could. But I can't.

vote Sheldon

just because he's the last to post and is on zero

1 hour ago, Shapes said:

Oh and a rule I forgot to clarify is that the reason the goons have individual character names is so when Jon Snow is watching people, he will only achieve a positive result if he chooses to watch the goon whose night it is for the kill. So if he was to watch Cersei but it was Jaime who had the kill decision that night then Cersei would show up as not doing anything.

I had a question about this watcher thing...

Say the Doc protects me meaning I have no idea that it's happened. Say then that the watcher chose that night to watch me. Would I show up as being involved (completely obliviously) in nighttime activity or is it only the person instigating the action that shows up as being active?

By the way, Doc, don't bother medicating me - I really am only a townie so better to try and save good-roled folk.

And doesn't this individual action for the goons give them another layer of hiding ability? At least hiding from the watcher.

I've good a not good feeling in my bones about this game...think the goons look like having it too easy.

Rudi Skacel

My understanding is, is that its the person who carries out the activity. 

so if the cop investigates someone and the watcher watches the cop, they would come up as having night time activity. However if the watcher watches the person who is investigated, then it would come up as they have no activity (provided they arent the doc saving someone etc).  So the person has to actually have a role in the game and carry out a save, investigation, bullet or a night time kill. 

I like it, something fresh and different. 

also

vote sean

will artificially inflate his posts per day by just randomly voting and unvoting a minute or two later, when there really would be no need for it. 

4 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

My understanding is, is that its the person who carries out the activity. 

so if the cop investigates someone and the watcher watches the cop, they would come up as having night time activity. However if the watcher watches the person who is investigated, then it would come up as they have no activity (provided they arent the doc saving someone etc).  So the person has to actually have a role in the game and carry out a save, investigation, bullet or a night time kill. 

I like it, something fresh and different. 

That would be my take on it too - just need Shapes to confirm.

I think it's almost an impossible role. Or part-role as you don't really get much out of it. And even if you DO strike it lucky - you don't even know what the person has been up to. Frustrating :lol: 

I'll be interested to see how it works and maybe think there might be scope for 2 or 3 watchers. Might end up watching each other then :lol: 

Watcher needn't look at me though as I'll only be serving nightcaps (non-poisonous) in the Bawdy Badger.

@Geoff Kilpatrick Rudi is right. The watcher will only find someone who is carrying out night time activity so the cop, doc, assassin, goon.

I have ran it in this format before and seemed to work okay but can't remember if goons or town won. I'll keep it as is for this game and if it's a disaster then will rethink the next time I run a game.