Hibs.net - The myth continues....

The People's Chimp

I love the Hibs.net/accountants section where they try and work out how much debt hibs have after each game, player sold, strip sold.

They go we had ?3m debt we sold him, sold him, had a run n the cup, sky money shan wages = no debt can we sign riordan/walcott type players.

The guy clearly took the 'forever in Hearts shadow' statement out of context thinking it was a dig at Hibs for always two steps behind Hearts at everything (possibly refering to the stadium redevelopment) - hence why he stated all those firsts which disproved that.

If he thinks they are all reasons to get one over Hearts then it would be truely cringeworthy, but I strongly doubt thats what he was getting at.

And considering that thread was about a week old (so page 2 on a thread, on about page 9 or 10 of the board) before the OP dragged it up, I would suggest that is anything but having just a 'quick scan' as you say, just so you can run back to your mates so you can have a wee laugh.

The guy clearly took the 'forever in Hearts shadow' statement out of context thinking it was a dig at Hibs for always two steps behind Hearts at everything (possibly refering to the stadium redevelopment) - hence why he stated all those firsts which disproved that.

If he thinks they are all reasons to get one over Hearts then it would be truely cringeworthy, but I strongly doubt thats what he was getting at.

And considering that thread was about a week old (so page 2 on a thread, on about page 9 or 10 of the board) before the OP dragged it up, I18-01-2008, 09:01 PM #33

Mr. Austin

Testimonial Due

Originally Posted by jamestodd1875

give that man an oscar for that yam performance. Very realistic!

Not quite there yet - not enough spelling mistakes.

I forgot Hobo, 106 , schemies, deluded and 'forever in our shadow' as well. Must try harder, maybe if I wave my scarf over my head it will help me get into character.

would suggest that is anything but having just a 'quick scan' as you say, just so you can run back to your mates so you can have a wee laugh.

This you? :rolleyes:

Just wondered. And you will forever be in our shadow. :)
:biggrin:

If the plans for your new stadium are anything to go by, I think half of Gorgie will be in your shadow!

best one I heard from a hibee was when they were discussing if there style of play is more arsenal or man utd. apparently they were more like arsenal as their players look to create angles and have a more patient approach

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We were the first Edinburgh club to have electronic advertising boards so feck the lot of them.

The irony of all ironys :

A thread on easily the bitterest football supporters website on the entire internet entitled " why are they so bitter " !!!

Get those plastic pants on before reading !

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=106087

You'll certainly never receive venomous insults like Aids ridden vermin or junkie **** over on Hibs.net. (Well maybe you would - I'm led to believe you're not the most popular over there)

DuffJimmy1875
We were the first Edinburgh club to have electronic advertising boards so feck the lot of them.

LOL - having seen the standard of those boards down by your "christ how did that get its Health and Safety Certificate" of a Main Stand then watched MOTD and seen the Premiership LED advertising hoardings, I think we can all conclude that Hearts efforts in this respect aren't anything to be crowing about just yet.

But then again, I'm sure you were just joking anyway :peace:

DuffJimmy1875
The first to inspire the creation if two other top tier clubs

I assume you are a Hibs fan referring to Celtic and Dundee United, who were initially called Dundee Hibernians.

Frankly, I wish nothing had ever inspired the creation of CFC. That we did, and then fed them with our best players for several years - the Celtc jesters that can't even spell their own teams name right might say we've been doing this since 1888 - isn't anything to write home about IMO!!!

LOL - having seen the standard of those boards down by your "christ how did that get its Health and Safety Certificate" of a Main Stand then watched MOTD and seen the Premiership LED advertising hoardings, I think we can all conclude that Hearts efforts in this respect aren't anything to be crowing about just yet.

Wafers, Skodas an the hearts shop. Man U are Quaking

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Yep.

But it's still more credible than gloating about some of the pish you lot go on about. :rolleyes:

Fine Scottish Wine
You'll certainly never receive venomous insults like Aids ridden vermin or junkie **** over on Hibs.net. (Well maybe you would - I'm led to believe you're not the most popular over there)

By PM you do. Believe me.

By PM you do. Believe me.
I'm sorry to here that. From my experience Nelly Terraces (or whatever its called) is the only one that has stooped so low on here and it is competely pathetic.

Fine Scottish Wine
I'm sorry to here that. From my experience Nelly Terraces (or whatever its called) is the only one that has stooped so low on here and it is competely pathetic.

Does not bother me, just laugh it off and carry on. It is only a message board.

Mods -- Don't think mr nt has posted on this thread!

Time for an Exocet surely!!!!!!!!

Mods -- Don't think mr nt has posted on this thread!

Time for an Exocet surely!!!!!!!!

What exactly is the problem with my post, and why exactly do you feel the need to go crying to the Mods?

this_is_my_story
Trust me my friend i read this every day and this is far more amusing. if you look back at posts in the last month and see which managers and players have been linked with hearts its very very amusing and there are many deluded people on this

Breast

What exactly is the problem with my post, and why exactly do you feel the need to go crying to the Mods?

The problem???

FTH

I'm all for some banter.

Shame you don't have any.

Banter? Don't need any! The only reason you post on here is that you have an IQ of about 19 compared to the shoe size you get on @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@s.net and think your posts will be treated "kindly"!

You also mentioned someone who has not posted in this thread. Used to be against the rules. Bye Bye

FTH

You're having a tin bath.

And as soon as they've finished dishing out the insults, your 'launched'....

... i suppose hearing facts over there is a bit of a shock though.

I was just having a quick scan over the road at lochenddelusionalsupportgroup.net and came across this absolute belter of a quote, which is the perfect summation of all the Hobo mythology condensed into one short, barely readable, but entirely laughable paragraph.

Glad to see that having floodlights that barely worked, sponsorship and winning the east of scotland shield is more important than 22 in a row, 2/4/06, 107 years of Scottish Cup shame, losing more derbies at the san giro than they have won and being the absolute Edinburgh derby whipping boys.

A post which is nearly perfect in peddling (almost) every cringeworthy Hobo excuse. Talk about living in denial. I'm just shocked he hasn't mentioned "the flair" myth or being "the first to wear the green."

Brillaint. :rolleyes:

If his argument is about the hobo's doing things first then try this one:-

Heart of Midlothian FC Founded 1874

Hibernian FC ( FC stands for ****ing clueless) Founded 1875

SO in all not a great way to make a pointless argument when its flawed by its own meaning!

Tell all the hibs you know, It's 106(7) years and you know! ;)

Oh of course they were the first club to have their chairman approach the chairman of their city rivals and ask if he would be interesetd in taking over and merging the clubs.

The first team to beat Real Madrid? That's a bold statement.

Thats what I was thinking.

Besides that, any team could pick out things like that to say their team is better than another! We may as well go on about being the first team to play a Spanish team in a pre-season friendly at a rugby stadium with a Finnish striker on our team!! Or we were the first team to put the prices of our pies up to over a pound or something...idiot!

The Old Tolbooth
I assume you are a Hibs fan referring to Celtic and Dundee United, who were initially called Dundee Hibernians.

Frankly, I wish nothing had ever inspired the creation of CFC. That we did, and then fed them with our best players for several years - the Celtc jesters that can't even spell their own teams name right might say we've been doing this since 1888 - isn't anything to write home about IMO!!!

I know, imagine if big bad smeltic didnt pinch all your players and strips, you lot might just have won a few more trophies at the time to parade around in a horse and cart around Leith.

Hell, you might have even had an outside chance of being the biggest club in Edinburgh :welldone:

The Hibs Song (released in the 1960s):

'And now we've got a younger team. Ah dinnae want to brag. I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag. We're gonna win the league this year and lift the Scottish Flag. When the Hibs go marching on'

A guaranteed source of laughter from every visit to Fester Rd.

Hearts Heritage

I split the Derbies into various 'eras'.

See http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/misc/eras.htm

One person on Hibs.net accused me of 'cooking the stats' to make the post WWII stats more 'favourable' to Hearts by having an eras of 1965-1983 and 1983-1998 (I.e. the 'Robbo Years').

I then pointed out that if I'd used a more common split of the formation of the Premier League in the mid-1970s. So eras of just 1945-1975 and post 1975, Hibs domination of the late 60s and 70s would have been 'swamped' by Hearts superior derby record post 1945 and post 1983.

The People's Chimp

And considering that thread was about a week old (so page 2 on a thread, on about page 9 or 10 of the board) before the OP dragged it up, I would suggest that is anything but having just a 'quick scan' as you say, just so you can run back to your mates so you can have a wee laugh.

The second biggest laugh I've had today. Firstly, these so-called facts or "firsts" are, mainly, disproven and where they are not, they are irrelevancies and secondly, these irrelevancies do not disprove that you are forever in our shadow but, rather, illustrate to anyone looking at this objectively, that you are indeed, forever in our shadow.

And it clearly was the cringeworthy attempt to get one over on hearts which you refer to in your post.

Certainly is. Just talking from experience.

If you actually paid attention you would surely note that the level of education, grasp of English and Grammar (Doug excepted) is much higher on this board than hibs.net, where every second post is a string of illiterate nonsense.

Don't even get me started on the poster that is Green & Glakit - a brainless half-wit Irvine Welsh wannabee that doesn't have a clue just how boring his posts are - and that's once you've interpreted them into something resembling English! The drivel of an incontinent p!ssheid surely.

The Hibs Song (released in the 1960s):

'And now we've got a younger team. Ah dinnae want to brag. I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag. We're gonna win the league this year and lift the Scottish Flag. When the Hibs go marching on'

A guaranteed source of laughter from every visit to Fester Rd.

Always laugh at that mate.

Talk about taking the **** out of yourself!

LOL.

Nelly Terraces

I agree!:content:

NT -must dash!:527:

Archived