Hibs.net - The myth continues....

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

I was just having a quick scan over the road at lochenddelusionalsupportgroup.net and came across this absolute belter of a quote, which is the perfect summation of all the Hobo mythology condensed into one short, barely readable, but entirely laughable paragraph.

Glad to see that having floodlights that barely worked, sponsorship and winning the east of scotland shield is more important than 22 in a row, 2/4/06, 107 years of Scottish Cup shame, losing more derbies at the san giro than they have won and being the absolute Edinburgh derby whipping boys.

A post which is nearly perfect in peddling (almost) every cringeworthy Hobo excuse. Talk about living in denial. I'm just shocked he hasn't mentioned "the flair" myth or being "the first to wear the green."

We are forever in their shadow because we were the first to win the get to keep the east of scotland shield (the premier award and most keenly contested trophy of its day). We are forever in their shadow as because we were the first East of Scotland team to win the Scottish Cup. We are forever in their shadow because we were the first British team to play in competitive European competition' date=' and one of our players was the first British player to score in a European Competition. We are forever in their shadow because we were the first team to beat Real Madrid. We are forever in their shadow because we played Barcelona in a European Competition (THATS NOT A FRIENDLY BTW), and scored 4 (four) in their own back yard, then papped them at home. We are forever in their shadow because we could play our football matches at nightime before they could. We are forever in their shadow because we had undersoil heating before them, we had shirt sponsorship before them. We are forever in their shadow ACH YE'S GET MA DRIFT...............

[/quote']

I was just having a quick scan over the road at lochenddelusionalsupportgroup.net and came across this absolute belter of a quote, which is the perfect summation of all the Hobo mythology condensed into one short, barely readable, but entirely laughable paragraph.

Glad to see that having floodlights that barely worked, sponsorship and winning the east of scotland shield is more important than 22 in a row, 2/4/06, 107 years of Scottish Cup shame, losing more derbies at the san giro than they have won and being the absolute Edinburgh derby whipping boys.

A post which is almost perfect in peddling (almost) every cringeworthy Hobo excuse. Talk about living in denial. I'm just shocked he hasn't mentioned "the flair" myth or being "the first to wear the green.

I think big Franky boy is clutching at straws:106years::cheer1::cheer1::cheer1:

The People's Chimp
I may be a bit premature but 107 in a row!!!!!

Sorry I was getting a bit carried away there. Still, if i was a betting man...

They were the first to go 17 games in a row without a derby win

They were the first to go 22 games in a row without a derby win.

They didn't win the only derby semi-final played at Hampden.

All within living memory.

They haven't won an all Edinburgh Scottish Cup Final.

They didn't win the only Scottish Cup Final to be played outside Glasgow.

BangkokHearts

It is fitting that one of their biggest celebrity fans, Fish of Marillion fame, sang a song entitled 'Clutching At Straws'.

While laughable, this is one of the funniest things I've seen on hibs.net:

Theo Walcott? Hibernia2005

Wenger wants to punt him out on loan, would we have any chance of getting him? Would we want him? Discuss.........

The People's Chimp
The first team to beat Real Madrid? That's a bold statement.

Probably the boldest of the lot. I sincereley hope that this is an error, borne out of sheer over excitement, unable to contain himself at the thought of a decent hibs result in a friendly approximately 40 years ago, combined with the image of a horse and open top carriage making its way down leith walk in 1902.

But no, he probably believes it.

The same thing was talked about on here last season I'm sure.

All clubs have delusional fans, granted, Hibs do appear to have more than most.

Was just about to post the same thing - a thread on hobos.net wondering whether Wegner would let Walcott go on loan at Fester Rd... and then asking whether they'd want him! Priceless.

They are in our shadow because we played in the European Cup through actually playing football rather than being invited, and we`ve played in it twice.(or three times if you include last season).

They are in our shadow because A) we have won more derbies

B) won more major trophies

C) got the third best overall league record outside the Old Firm................

the list continues as we all know.............

of course they dont want walcott, if he cant get a game at arsenal then he is nowhere near the leval of free flowing "magical" football that is played at the famous San Giro :P

Voice of reason

So how on earth can Hearts be forever in Hibs shadow given:

Hearts are more successful in terms of Trophies won and league positions;

Hearts have a far bigger support;

Hearts have an emphatically better head-to-head record against Hibs

These are the only statistics that count to any real football person when comparing clubs. Who cares about floodlights, sponsorship and the like?

I worry about the sanity of the Hibs chap that posted such nonsense.

So how on earth can Hearts be forever in Hibs shadow given:

Hearts are more successful in terms of Trophies won and league positions;

Hearts have a far bigger support;

Hearts have an emphatically better head-to-head record against Hibs

These are the only statistics that count to any real football person when comparing clubs. Who cares about floodlights, sponsorship and the like?

I worry about the sanity of the Hibs chap that posted such nonsense.

There all deluded fools on mobilehomes.net ,i find it very amusing :)

Victor Meldrew

Not only bold but very wide of the mark indeed.

They weren't event the first Scottish team to beat Real Madrid: Dundee had done it some years previously.

Another Hobo myth disappear in a puff of truth.

Someone has obviously taken yet another derby defeat badly. Strange. You'd have thought they'd have got used to them a long time ago.

Yes - it made me smile. A few first's but then so have most other teams. Not much about footballing success. I guess that's what you need to scrape about for when you are "The Wee Team".

First team in a derby fixture to go 21 games without a win.

First Edinburgh team to get relegated from the SPL.

First Edinburgh team to go over a hundred years without winning the cup.

Yes they do have quite a few firsts.

I'm astonished that the bitter ****** didn't mention their fabulous scoreboard that worked for a fortnight.

[filter edit].

Ah.... you're missing the point Gents.

They're not deluded over there, just fiscally prudent.

Already their debating how much money they're going to get from their cup tie against rankers.

How about naming some more wee team first achievements?

The only league team in Edinburgh (debateable I know) ever to lose a match to every other league team ever to be based in Edinburgh.

(We never lost to Meadowbank, they did.)

How about naming some more wee team first achievements?

They are managed by the first Finnish player to play in the English Premiership.

They just don't know it yet.:rolleyes:

Yes - it made me smile. A few first's but then so have most other teams. Not much about footballing success. I guess that's what you need to scrape about for when you are "The Wee Team".

First team in a derby fixture to go 21 games without a win.

First Edinburgh team to get relegated from the SPL.

First Edinburgh team to go over a hundred years without winning the cup.

Yes they do have quite a few firsts.

Think you'd better have a wee think about that one.

The only Edinburgh team (debateable I know) to be relegated the week before their bigger and more illustrious city rivals won the Scottish Cup.

First team to lose all their players and fans to Celtic

First team to get re-formed by being helped to do so by their main rivals

Seymour M Hersh

I think first fans to beat each other off is more accurate!;)

Was it not also shown up to be completely untrue ?

I'm sure someone pointed out that it was actually Dundee who deserved that accolade on here about a year ago.

Preston Jambo

"I'm sure someone pointed out that it was actually Dundee who deserved that accolade on here about a year ago."

Dundee beat Real Madrid in Madrid in 1923 & 1924.

Motherwell beat them in Madrid in 1927.

H2 is quite right in what he said unless you are labouring under the misnomer that Hibs come from Leith:p

"I'm sure someone pointed out that it was actually Dundee who deserved that accolade on here about a year ago."

Dundee beat Real Madrid in Madrid in 1923 & 1924.

Motherwell beat them in Madrid in 1927.

:rofl:

Thanks for that.

Stupid hobo muppets.

Carl Fredrickson
Think you should keep your bedroom secrets to yourself :)

The truth will out as they say.

Back to the Hobbos - surely they are in the state of "if we say it enough it must be true"

I actually dont mind hibs per say - I prefer them ro rantic and indeed as a youngster was taking to Tynie one week and fester road the next as a kid.

What I cant stand is this cr*p that they think they are a flair team and worthy of non stop praise.

First team to lose all their players and fans to Celtic

First team to get re-formed by being helped to do so by their main rivals

Your wrong on that one St.Andrews ring any bells :P

Ah I see your point - Shall we say the first team to get promoted to the SPL :)

The first Edinburgh team not to play in the SPL

The first Edinburgh team not to be an Edinburgh team.

Hearts Heritage

"We are forever in their shadow because we were the first to win the get to keep the east of scotland shield"

Hibs may have won the first actual Shield but that is rather like the saying that the current FA Cup (which is the fourth I think) is a different competition.

The Shield was a continuation of the EFA Cup awarded to the best team in the Edinburgh and then the East of Scotland.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_of_Scotland_Shield

The first winners were '3rd Edinburgh Rifle Volunteers' then the 'Thistle'.

Hearts beat Hibs in the fourth replay in 1878 3-2 to win the first meeting of the sides in the Final.

1878042001.jpg

1878042002.jpg

1878042003.jpg

more reports here

There all deluded fools on mobilehomes.net ,i find it very amusing :)

Trust me my friend i read this every day and this is far more amusing. if you look back at posts in the last month and see which managers and players have been linked with hearts its very very amusing and there are many deluded people on this

Wh*t do you me*an? There wa*s f*uck a*l wro*ng wi th*t score*board.

I ******ing love*d it! Th* on*ly wa*y I coul* w*rk out wh* was w*nning!

Hibs scoreboard was the visual equivalent of that 'comedian' in the 70s who's only gag was pretending his mike was cutting out. His name escapes me and it's doing my nut in! Frankie? Norman?

Help me out!

Norman Collier.

King of the North

couple of observations about this thread

1. Norman Collier also did an excellent chicken impersonation.

2. The hobos were never 'invited' to the European Cup - Aberdeen (the champions) and the OF all turned down the opportunity - Hibs were next in line and the only team interested in what was seen as a 'waste of time' by the rest of Scotland and indeed Britain.

3. HMFC have never disbanded and reformed, unlike HIbernians.

4. Didnt stenhousemuir have floodlights before the lochend brazil?

5. The funniest Hobo myth is the 'brazil training manual' one. Based on a tour of Brazil in the 50s, during which they failed to win a match, apparently inspiring generations of samba football in the process.

5. The funniest Hobo myth is the 'brazil training manual' one. Based on a tour of Brazil in the 50s, during which they failed to win a match, apparently inspiring generations of samba football in the process.

Hehehe, I can just see this.....

African%20American%20Father-Son%20Fishing.jpg

"Romario, my son, I tell you these stories only because I know you love the beautiful game. These men from Scotland...... they are like no others I have ever seen.... They dress in the viridian of the gecko you see there on the wall... Their football - it was horrible! This I tell you, my son, as an inspiration to you. You could score 5 goals a game if you played against these gecko men every week..."

So let's get this straight.

Almost every one of the hobo's mythical " firsts " is , in fact , a big fat LIE.

They have handed down these straw-clutching claims from generation to generation to make them feel better about themselves while their neighbours get on with the real business of winning derby football matches and trophies which mean something.

Suerly they don't peddle these supposed " firsts " to deflect away from the fact they have probably the worst same city derby record in World football history , they have largely watched bland boring long ball hooffery for the majority of their 130 odd year history , they have had a succession of board members and players/managers who have fleeced them dry of money ( Hart , Duff , Gray , Sauzee , Petrie/Farmer to name but a few ) , their overall record in Europe largely consists of first round exits to mediocre teams bar the odd freak result and is in actual fact far inferior to that of their city rivals who are the last Scottish team outside of the Old firm to reach the last 8 of the UEFA Cup and who remain the ONLY Edinburgh club EVER to qualify for Europe's premier tournament , their tenuous claim to have been influential in the formation of the Brazillian National football philosophy was in fact a total fallacy and it was in fact a Scotsman with absolutley no connection to hibernian who inspired the total football we have come to associate with this country , and finally they take the moral high ground on every occasion despite a succession of embarassing incidents involving their suporters running on to the field of play attacking opposition players , supporters , referees , throwing coins at both opposing and their own players and generally acting like lawless thugs ?

Sheesh , being a hibby must be like living in a constant Walter Mitty World of fantasy and delusion.

At least we can admit we're kack and don't have to invent some delusional parallel World to deal with failure.

Fine Scottish Wine

A few that i don't think have been mentioned yet are which club ......

were the only East of Scotland club play in the first Scottish football league (Original members)

scored 5 goals or more on 33 occasions against the other club

has provided the most Scotland internationals

which clubs player was the first to score a world cup finals goal for Scotland

qualified for the European cup by winning the league (twice) and not through invitation

qualified for the Cup Winners Cup by winning their domestic cup competition

6-0 10-2 7-3 6-1 7-1 6-1 6-0 8-2 8-3 6-2 6-5 6-1

Fine Scottish Wine

Lmao, yes i remember that one. The same competition that they lost every game. :)

Archived