Pot Noodles

Greedy Jambo

14 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Ru really a jambo? Forgotten toast... Played a blinder with lurpack. And i know he wasn't too everyone's taste but after a few pot noodle complimented him perfectly. Of course he was no red wine and brie

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I haven’t got the first clue what you’re on about.  :lol: 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• martoon

• ArcticJambo

• Jeff

On 25/04/2020 at 13:47, highlandjambo3 said:

At last.........

ive found someone else..........I used to crush up cheese and onion crisps into chicken & mushroom pot noodle.........not for a very long time now mind you.

It’s something I’ve often been ridiculed for. Don’t know what they are missing. Takes the pot noodle to the next level. 

Greedy Jambo

Scotmid have started doing these things, thought i'd give them a go. 

Not sure about putting crisps in a pot noodle but i've now got a craving for a buttered roll with salt n vinegar walkers on it. 

yumsu_instant_noodles_chicken_curry_flavour.jpg

Greedy Jambo

I don't think they deserve their own thread but super noodles piss all over some of these pots. 

Really fecking bad for you by all accounts. 

Hector Riva
On 25/04/2020 at 00:44, ArcticJambo said:

I know I'm polluting your thread, bud but for more refined gentlemanly dining these are  ...  :quitegood:

51iPjy24vPL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,Bott

Never had a pot noodle for years. Got this one and a BBB from the supermarket.  Just had the Thai green curry. Ooooft superb!  Bbb tomorrow.

ArcticJambo
3 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

Never had a pot noodle for years. Got this one and a BBB from the supermarket.  Just had the Thai green curry. Ooooft superb!  Bbb tomorrow.

They're excellent, well as far as these type things go.  And, as I also posted way back, the Mama Creamy Shrimp Tom Yum is top of the budget pile noodles in a bag.  :thumbsup: You won't be disappointed.

On 26/04/2020 at 16:26, Ray Gin said:

snapshotimagehandler_414105973.jpeg?h=54

Just had this. Never had a noodle pot like it and was fairly impressed

21 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Just had this. Never had a noodle pot like it and was fairly impressed

Should explain that I mean the use of a draining lid. Really makes a difference

I used to like all various flavours of Pot Noodle and Super Noodles but Curry is the only flavour I like now. That Mac and Cheese thing looks awful. It probably smells and tastes worse.

I had a curry Pot Noodle yesterday which had no wee sauce sachet in it. The opposite of getting two wee blue bags in a pack of salt and shake crisps.  Maybe this should be in the seethe thread. :seething:

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

I had a curry Pot Noodle yesterday which had no wee sauce sachet in it. The opposite of getting two wee blue bags in a pack of salt and shake crisps.  Maybe this should be in the seethe thread. :seething:

I've had both: no sachet and two. 

If you ever get the latter don't put both in thinking it will make it tastier. It doesn't. If anything the opposite. 

I think there was someone recently who complained that the sachet in the King size variety was the same size as the regular. In essence, the sachet is therefore disproportionately smaller (no @Morgan, this is not a euphemism about my sex life) 

What a saddo. Imagine wasting precious time debating Pot Noodle. 

Some people. 

1 hour ago, Lemongrab said:

Not had a pot noodle in a long time but used to eat the curry one without the mango chutney added

Just now, martoon said:

I think there was someone recently who complained that the sachet in the King size variety was the same size as the regular. In essence, the sachet is therefore disproportionately smaller (no @Morgan, this is not a euphemism about my sex life) 

What a saddo. Imagine wasting precious time debating Pot Noodle. 

Some people. 

i was the one who mentioned it as i saw it on a tv program. i dont eat pot noodles so wasn't complaining

Just now, milky_26 said:

i was the one who mentioned it as i saw it on a tv program. i dont eat pot noodles so wasn't complaining

I didn't mean anyone on here. I was talking about the punter who complained. Also had tongue firmly planted in cheek. 

53 minutes ago, martoon said:

I didn't mean anyone on here. I was talking about the punter who complained. Also had tongue firmly planted in cheek. 

so you have tried the new pot noodles then

17 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so you have tried the new pot noodles then

😊

Greedy Jambo

Heads up. 

Scotmid are doing the nissin Soba noodles for a quid, normal size pot noodles down to 52p. 

Game on. 

Sooperstar
On 26/04/2020 at 20:21, Space Pirate said:

Scotmid have started doing these things, thought i'd give them a go. 

Not sure about putting crisps in a pot noodle but i've now got a craving for a buttered roll with salt n vinegar walkers on it. 

yumsu_instant_noodles_chicken_curry_flavour.jpg

Saw these the other day and they were 25p each. That was enough to tell me not to buy them.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Saw these the other day and they were 25p each. That was enough to tell me not to buy them.

Ha, they're actually nice, just noodles with 2 different sachets though. Probably proper bad for you. 

Greedy Jambo
41 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Pot noodles.  :vrface:

Let's hear about your culinary delights, Morgan ye dick. 

Greedy Jambo

I picture you having an old stale piece for lunch that you probably heat up in the microwave, followed by an old bashed brown banana. 

Got a BBB off the back of this thread. Took a bit of the sauce on my fingers for a taste. Sweet jesus... that thing packs a punch. Thought it was be 'mass-market hot'. Its spicy for me

Greedy Jambo
9 minutes ago, Phage said:

Got a BBB off the back of this thread. Took a bit of the sauce on my fingers for a taste. Sweet jesus... that thing packs a punch. Thought it was be 'mass-market hot'. Its spicy for me

Aye, it blows yer heed off. You don't get much in their sachets so it's probably concentrated if that's the right word. 

Samuel Camazzola

The named 'Pot Noodle' is pretty rank and the 'noodles' don't even resemble noodles. 

The Soba ones are decent but Naked Noodles are the best of the bunch. Aldi's version of them are not bad and very cheap. 

Greedy Jambo
21 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The named 'Pot Noodle' is pretty rank and the 'noodles' don't even resemble noodles. 

The Soba ones are decent but Naked Noodles are the best of the bunch. Aldi's version of them are not bad and very cheap. 

The actual noodles in a pot noodle are shit to be fair. 

After this thread I got a couple of Pot Noodles and 5/6 Naked  Noodles. 50p a pop at Asda.

Sorted for noodles

Sleepystujam

Years ago I went to my Gran's for dinner when I was at school, she knew I liked Pot Noodles, so she got me a Chicken & Mushroom & a Beef & Tomato, stuck them both in the same bowl & dished them up. Glad she's deid!

Greedy Jambo
53 minutes ago, Sleepystujam said:

Years ago I went to my Gran's for dinner when I was at school, she knew I liked Pot Noodles, so she got me a Chicken & Mushroom & a Beef & Tomato, stuck them both in the same bowl & dished them up. Glad she's deid!

😂

Greedy Jambo

My cupboard is full of these things after this thread. 

On the subject of teriyaki, I ordered Teriyaki chicken about a year ago from a chinese an it was bloody awful. 

It's put me off for life. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Sooperstar

I used to love the Soba ones but I've gone right off them. So has the wife. Find they leave a bad aftertaste in your mouth.

On 06/05/2020 at 16:47, Irufushi said:

Yup, big fan of those .

What's the best flavour? Might have to give them a go.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What's the best flavour? Might have to give them a go.

Chilli 🌶 

IronJambo
9 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

My cupboard is full of these things after this thread. 

On the subject of teriyaki, I ordered Teriyaki chicken about a year ago from a chinese an it was bloody awful. 

It's put me off for life. 

Best bought from the Japanese, not the Chinese.

iantjambo
On 06/05/2020 at 16:45, Sleepystujam said:

:lol:

Usually only like curry flavoured noodles these days but I've got into these, recently. 2 for a £1 in Morrisons in their oriental section. 

Probably the simplest to prepare, too. Add the sachet, cold water, place the lid back on and just shy of 3 mins in the micro. 

Comes in a few flavours and having tried them all during lockdown I've found chicken flavour to be the best. 

Edit: you even get a wee fork. 

cup-rosted-page-small.thumb.jpg.e8979a6cacd69d382d69701f4f216216.jpg

Edited by martoon

Greedy Jambo
17 minutes ago, martoon said:

Usually only like curry flavoured noodles these days but I've got into these, recently. 2 for a £1 in Morrisons in their oriental section. 

Probably the simplest to prepare, too. Add the sachet, cold water, place the lid back on and just shy of 3 mins in the micro. 

Comes in a few flavours and having tried them all during lockdown I've found chicken flavour to be the best. 

2 for a quid says that they will be absolutely sensational. You could get a whole Michael Stewart for that. 

8 hours ago, martoon said:

3 for a quid at Poundland.  The Hot & Spicy ones are nicer. 

You'd have thought when they took the photo, they'd have tried to include both the peas you get in it.

Edited by Lemongrab