Season ticket latest 11.5k sold ( General sale underway )

jr ewing

kingantti1874
33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How flexible?

I don’t know Dave, but You have think there would be a number Which would be financially better for both the SRU and hearts? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Beast Boy

• jr ewing

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Harry Potter
21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t know Dave, but You have think there would be a number Which would be financially better for both the SRU and hearts? 

Thats the correct answer.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Thats the correct answer.

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not convinced it makes financial sense where we are at the moment. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

depends on the number. Even if it’s break even for hearts it’s the right thing to do.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yep. I’d be amazed if we were looking at murrayfield. It would cost us an absolute fortune. We have hospitality etc at Tynecastle and would take a hit on that as well if we shifted to MF.

Well just have to do ballots Id imagine. 
cant think of anyone I know that would be wanting refunds or discounts for next season.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep. I’d be amazed if we were looking at murrayfield. It would cost us an absolute fortune. We have hospitality etc at Tynecastle and would take a hit on that as well if we shifted to MF.

Well just have to do ballots Id imagine. 
cant think of anyone I know that would be wanting refunds or discounts for next season.

Actually I think it’s the exact opposite..  

hearts won’t be able to run hospitality as normal next season and displace a ST holder from a seat. 

we could have pre and post match hospitality at tynecastle and they could walk to murrayfield.. 

as I say I don’t think anyone on here has any idea of cost, there may be a number which leaves both parties better off

The arrangement with SRU during the new stand build worked out quite well. Don't recall any bitterness. SRU will still be keen to host football despite Hampden being bought by the SFA.

Plus hospitality options at Murrayfield and Tynecastle will be money spinners like last time.

17 minutes ago, kila said:

The arrangement with SRU during the new stand build worked out quite well. Don't recall any bitterness. SRU will still be keen to host football despite Hampden being bought by the SFA.

Plus hospitality options at Murrayfield and Tynecastle will be money spinners like last time.

maybe money spinners when we got 40,000 or whatever it was v Rangers. That more than paid for the rent. This time there won’t be these crowds so guess it would depend on the rental etc. With no or little likely walk ups paying. I’m not Einstein but fail to see how even breaking even would be possible. Also  I’m pretty sure the hospitality at murrayfield is the SRU’s profit. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

maybe money spinners when we got 40,000 or whatever it was v Rangers. That more than paid for the rent. This time there won’t be these crowds so guess it would depend on the rental etc. With no or little likely walk ups paying. I’m not Einstein but fail to see how even breaking even would be possible. Also  I’m pretty sure the hospitality at murrayfield is the SRU’s profit. 

I tend to agree with you on this one but I’m sure Hearts will have looked at it as an option. I reckon our max possible crowds this season will be 13/14k ignoring any covid restrictions. 

23 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

SRU can decide what they want to charge. How much are Edinburgh Rugby being charged for hosting the game this weekend albeit with only a 700 crowd?

And hospitality at Murrayfield is of course SRU's profit, but it's an incentive for them given we'll likely sell out the suites as many will go all out at the opportunity to get back watching Hearts after all this. And like last time Hearts could sell pre-match hospitality at Tynecastle.

The alternative is Murrayfield lying empty - surely the opportunity for them to demonstrate successfully their ability to operate at 30% capacity given current CV19 restrictions is something they'd be keen on cooperating with Hearts over. There's more to all this than just what the rent was last time during the new stand build.

Edited by kila

What about this for an idea.

It is going to be a nightmare for the club to organise who can go on a game to game basis and then keep track of how many games each ST holder has left on their ST.

So, what about totally ignoring ST's until such times as all can attend together.

Then say, 3000 or 4000 spaces are available for each game, they are priced accordingly and made available to buy.

You could do this as follows so everyone gets a chance of a game - Game 1 folks with 100 loyalty points, Game 2 folks with 75 - 100 points and so on.

Hearts get cash on a game to game basis and we get full value for our ST eventually.

Might be pie in the sky but how else is it going to get done?

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, mitchjambo said:

What about this for an idea.

It is going to be a nightmare for the club to organise who can go on a game to game basis and then keep track of how many games each ST holder has left on their ST.

So, what about totally ignoring ST's until such times as all can attend together.

Then say, 3000 or 4000 spaces are available for each game, they are priced accordingly and made available to buy.

You could do this as follows so everyone gets a chance of a game - Game 1 folks with 100 loyalty points, Game 2 folks with 75 - 100 points and so on.

Hearts get cash on a game to game basis and we get full value for our ST eventually.

Might be pie in the sky but how else is it going to get done?

Absolutely mental. 

fabienleclerq
11 hours ago, kila said:

SRU can decide what they want to charge. How much are Edinburgh Rugby being charged for hosting the game this weekend albeit with only a 700 crowd?

And hospitality at Murrayfield is of course SRU's profit, but it's an incentive for them given we'll likely sell out the suites as many will go all out at the opportunity to get back watching Hearts after all this. And like last time Hearts could sell pre-match hospitality at Tynecastle.

The alternative is Murrayfield lying empty - surely the opportunity for them to demonstrate successfully their ability to operate at 30% capacity given current CV19 restrictions is something they'd be keen on cooperating with Hearts over. There's more to all this than just what the rent was last time during the new stand build.

Do the SRU not own Edinburgh Rugby? 

Bazzas right boot

If there is a reduced capacity of around 30%-50% until there is a vaccine then football needs to get together to find a solution. 

Outwith donations and benefactor / individual help no club will be able to survive this for a prolonged period. 

If there is reduced capacity for say around a year then Scottish football has a very big problem. 

Individual clubs scrambling for a short term solution is all fine and good whether that be moving stadium, selling a player or hoping the sky money lands in time, but longer term there really needs to be a shift of mindset from the clubs, the sfa and spfl.

The sf, that would have net all clubs a considerable sum seems a none starter, not to mention the final, iirc worth around £1m all in. 

The first step would have been a larger league of clubs that could play. 

They ****ed that tho. 

Too much is based on hope. 

Hope top teams and players behave. 

Hope crowds can return over time 

Hope the lower leagues can be completed. 

Hope that crowds are allowed for the sc games

Hope that football isn't stopped again. 

Hope each club can keep itself in business. 

The befred cup- hope and a prayer, that has disaster all over it. 

The whole thing is a mess hanging by a thread, it may all work out but if it does it's not by design. 

16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Do the SRU not own Edinburgh Rugby? 

Ah so they do. Guess they won't charge themselves rent :D I didn't read much into the reasons behind the temporary (?) move to Myreside though I know a few folk who refused to go as they were putting money into a private school's hands.

Either way I think SRU would be open to some arrangement with Hearts. More money to be made from the place being open to 20,000 fans than sitting empty.

If  capacity is limited to 30%, each section or possibly even row should get a 30% allocation. That should keep most fans onside and bad feeling to a minimum. 

I really don't think it would be too difficult to ensure everybody gets the opportunity to attend more or less the same number of games.  Keeping family/mates together could be more complicated. 

12 minutes ago, poultry said:

Think I read somewhere Hearts would be allowed 6,029 fans in Tyncastle. 

That’s based on an assumption of 30% capacity. 

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s based on an assumption of 30% capacity. 

Ye God knows where I saw it don't think it was on here. Age getting the better of me.

6 minutes ago, poultry said:

Ye God knows where I saw it don't think it was on here. Age getting the better of me.

Could be correct, more or less. The rugby developments might give us a clue. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, poultry said:

Uefa/fifa  I think for Internationals.. 

Read that ... Andrew McKinlay mentions 11,500! That’s now becoming a really serious number of ST holders - power to the Jambos!! 

On 23/08/2020 at 20:02, Boof said:

Somebody more financially clued up than I (and not one of those dot net fantasists) could clarify...

We've paid for 18 (or whatever) games. The VAT on that will be significant.

Will it make a difference to how much the club ultimately receives if we either waive the refund or accept it and plough it back into FoH?

I think someone pointed out way earlier in the thread that it would be more beneficial to Hearts if fans accept the refund then donate it to FoH rather than insist on paying the full ST fee for next season, as the ST fee would include VAT.  It would also probably add to admin costs if Hearts offered a choice of accepting or declining the discount for next season.

I think the best bet is to accept the discounted ST for next season, and if you're minded to forego that discount, just make a one-off payment to FoH. That's what I plan on doing.

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think someone pointed out way earlier in the thread that it would be more beneficial to Hearts if fans accept the refund then donate it to FoH rather than insist on paying the full ST fee for next season, as the ST fee would include VAT.  It would also probably add to admin costs if Hearts offered a choice of accepting or declining the discount for next season.

I think the best bet is to accept the discounted ST for next season, and if you're minded to forego that discount, just make a one-off payment to FoH. That's what I plan on doing.

Ye I would be inclined to do the same.

15 hours ago, RobNox said:

Is that what's likely to happen? I've not been aware of any official announcement - maybe let this season's ones get dealt with first :lol: 

A cheaper ST (for renewers) next season to accommodate the games we'll miss this season? 

Then up to us how much of a one-off we want to give to FoH?

If that's the most £-efficient for the club then that's what, I'd assume, most folk who can afford it will do.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Boof said:

Is that what's likely to happen? I've not been aware of any official announcement - maybe let this season's ones get dealt with first :lol: 

A cheaper ST (for renewers) next season to accommodate the games we'll miss this season? 

Then up to us how much of a one-off we want to give to FoH?

If that's the most £-efficient for the club then that's what, I'd assume, most folk who can afford it will do.

Didn't you read anything at all from Hearts about this coming season's season ticket arrangements, or indeed anything before now on this thread? 

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Didn't you read anything at all from Hearts about this coming season's season ticket arrangements, or indeed anything before now on this thread? 

If I did, I can't recall what was said. Hence the questions.

I thought it was a relevant question in these unique circumstances we find ourselves.

If you can find the answer - I couldn't - a link would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

19 hours ago, RobNox said:

That was me. I think the club need to make sure they publicise this as an option when the time comes.

Due to the inevitable bloodbath in the job market to come, there will no doubt be some people who need to take the refund/discount for next season. So the additional revenue from the FOH route/VAT saving would hopefully cover a large chunk of the cost of refunds/discounts.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Boof said:

If I did, I can't recall what was said. Hence the questions.

I thought it was a relevant question in these unique circumstances we find ourselves.

If you can find the answer - I couldn't - a link would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hearts stated that buying a 20/21 season ticket would give you a guarantee of at least 18 home games, and that if we don't have 18 home games that fans can attend, you'll either get a discount on the following season's ST or, if you don't buy one for the following season, you'll get credit for individual match tickets. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-and-hospitality/matchday/2020-21-season-tickets

Obviously, it remains to be seen how many games we'll actually end up getting this season, and how much the discount for next season will amount to!

FarmerTweedy
56 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

That was me. I think the club need to make sure they publicise this as an option when the time comes.

Due to the inevitable bloodbath in the job market to come, there will no doubt be some people who need to take the refund/discount for next season. So the additional revenue from the FOH route/VAT saving would hopefully cover a large chunk of the cost of refunds/discounts.

I'm not sure, but I think the club might have to be careful about saying much in that regard, in case it opens an opportunity for HMRC to try to start arguing that there's some tax dodging going on. Even if there's ultimately found to be nothing untoward, that could end up in costly legal bills to defend. 

59 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Hearts stated that buying a 20/21 season ticket would give you a guarantee of at least 18 home games, and that if we don't have 18 home games that fans can attend, you'll either get a discount on the following season's ST or, if you don't buy one for the following season, you'll get credit for individual match tickets. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-and-hospitality/matchday/2020-21-season-tickets

Obviously, it remains to be seen how many games we'll actually end up getting this season, and how much the discount for next season will amount to!

And a repeat of the thanks. I remembered some of that but not all. 

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not sure, but I think the club might have to be careful about saying much in that regard, in case it opens an opportunity for HMRC to try to start arguing that there's some tax dodging going on. Even if there's ultimately found to be nothing untoward, that could end up in costly legal bills to defend. 

I agree. I’m sure they would get the appropriate advice before doing so

3 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think we will be OK if Hearts offer the discount then fans decide to donate to FoH.  We've been clear that this season's ST gets 18 home games and any shortfall will be carried forward to next season.  The club won't be asking fans to forego any carry forward, it will be up to individual fans to decide to make a donation to FoH if they choose to do so.  Anyone making a donation will have already paid for the games that are carried forward, so we're not screwing the tax man.  They will have received the VAT on an 18 game season ticket even if some of those games carry forward to next season.  That's why I don't think Hearts will offer the option to opt out of the carry forward arrangements.  We'll get the 18 games we've paid for, and if anyone decides to donate all or part of the carry forward match costs to FOH, then that is a personal donation, over and above what we paid for this season's ST.

Regarding Season Ticket refunds I’ll be not wanting anything back not only because I’m not short of a few bob but because of what Hearts have went through over the years I just want my club to thrive and any way I can help my club I will try my hardest every time.

Bazzas right boot

For refunds, the club should offer them but in my utopia, when covid is clear maybe a big open day at Tynecastle rolling over a period of time as compensation and even a thank you could be offered ( open day, but bookings Ofc) 

The museum, players meet and greet etc. That sort of thing, even a booing stage to satisfy some. 😉

They could offer an option to attend hospitality next year for a game or games instead of a refund depending on how many games are affected . I'm sure that would be popular and cost effective. 

kingantti1874

Being honest. I think there is zero % chance of football being attended in any material way.. why would they government take that risk? Football is sadly not necessary.. 

I thought this when I bought my season ticket, always viewed it as not much more than a donation

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

They could offer an option to attend hospitality next year for a game or games instead of a refund depending on how many games are affected . I'm sure that would be popular and cost effective. 

Not sure that this is viable, 11,500 STs including children, this would swamp hospitality and prevent income from that source until everyone has had a go.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

For refunds, the club should offer them but in my utopia, when covid is clear maybe a big open day at Tynecastle rolling over a period of time as compensation and even a thank you could be offered ( open day, but bookings Ofc) 

The museum, players meet and greet etc. That sort of thing, even a booing stage to satisfy some. 😉

OMFG 🤩😍

A boooo'ing stage....that sounds just what the doctor ordered for many Jambos!!!!

🤣😅😂😅😄😃

AB & AM...get on that!!!!

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

OMFG 🤩😍

A boooo'ing stage....that sounds just what the doctor ordered for many Jambos!!!!

🤣😅😂😅😄😃

AB & AM...get on that!!!!

Charge a fiver for 5 minutes to boo and spout bile at the players. 😎

Go mental, boo, shout  "get it forward",, "GTF" , "lazy *******" etc and for the hardcore shout the wrong name at the player. I remember folk shouting "Lee, you're shite" - it was Bozanic.. 

Tbh, some might prefer that to a game 

Money spinner 💵🤑-🤑- maybe even do season tickets. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Charge a fiver for 5 minutes to boo and spout bile at the players. 😎

Go mental, boo, shout  "get it forward",, "GTF" , "lazy *******" etc and for the hardcore shout the wrong name at the player. I remember folk shouting "Lee, you're shite" - it was Bozanic.. 

Tbh, some might prefer that to a game 

Money spinner 💵🤑-🤑- maybe even do season tickets. 

Very cheap, we can get more than that...take out the wrong player and its like you sit next to me pre covid 🤣😂😅

I know exactly who I am giving dogs abuse to, thank you v much!! 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

Very cheap, we can get more than that...take out the wrong player and its like you sit next to me pre covid 🤣😂😅

I know exactly who I am giving dogs abuse to, thank you v much!! 

Good to line your ducks up, you don't want to be one of these fools that waste 10/20 minutes deciding on who to boo. 

Amateur hour. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good to line your ducks up, you don't want to be one of these fools that waste 10/20 minutes deciding on who to boo. 

Amateur hour. 

🤡's those folk

😉

On 29/08/2020 at 21:02, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm expecting Hearts TV will broadcast games which will result in free access offered to ST holders to avoid having to give a discount for season 21-22.

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Not sure that this is viable, 11,500 STs including children, this would swamp hospitality and prevent income from that source until everyone has had a go.

Lots of fans wouldn't want a refund , some would and some would look at the Hospitality offer . 

Given that we will be playing some utter shite this year  there  will be lots of hospitality choices available and they could limit it to a ballot if need be ,it's def  an option , even if it's just a pie and a pint for a few games . Obv  the number crunchers would be in a better position to access the viability. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Being honest. I think there is zero % chance of football being attended in any material way.. why would they government take that risk? Football is sadly not necessary.. 

I thought this when I bought my season ticket, always viewed it as not much more than a donation

I’m exactly the same.

30 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

I'm expecting Hearts TV will broadcast games which will result in free access offered to ST holders to avoid having to give a discount for season 21-22.

As things currently stand the club's generosity has created a huge potential financial timebomb for next season.  We could technically be in a position, where no renewals are due until the 2022/2023 season.  

Other clubs have written their ST conditions in such a way that offering a live stream = attendance.