Season ticket latest 11.5k sold ( General sale underway )

jr ewing

12 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I think next season could potentially be a bigger problem for the club. If fans who have bought ST's this season are only allowed into 3 or 4 games this season and therefore get credited for about 14 games next season and they take up that option, that will mean a significant drop in revenues. I appreciate some people will probably write off this season and just make it a donation, but it could become a significant problem if that doesn't happen.. 

I think there will be vastly more people who choose not to take up the offer. Those who do take it up will be well within their rights to do so though. I think if they do, then others will fundraise to fill the gap in the finances. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Beast Boy

• jr ewing

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I think there will be vastly more people who choose not to take up the offer. Those who do take it up will be well within their rights to do so though. I think if they do, then others will fundraise to fill the gap in the finances. 

Don't forget the FOH money which no other clubs have to the extent that we do. I am sure as always if the club are feeling the pinch then our fans will step up their contributions to help.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Don't forget the FOH money which no other clubs have to the extent that we do. I am sure as always if the club are feeling the pinch then our fans will step up their contributions to help.

Agreed. I’m not worried about it.

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I think next season could potentially be a bigger problem for the club. If fans who have bought ST's this season are only allowed into 3 or 4 games this season and therefore get credited for about 14 games next season and they take up that option, that will mean a significant drop in revenues. I appreciate some people will probably write off this season and just make it a donation, but it could become a significant problem if that doesn't happen.. 

Tell them to keep the credit. Some people might not be in such a comfortable position financially and feel they will need the credit to keep their ST, perfectly fine, but many others will just ask the club to waive it. 

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Tell them to keep the credit. Some people might not be in such a comfortable position financially and feel they will need the credit to keep their ST, perfectly fine, but many others will just ask the club to waive it. 

Yes this is where I’m at. Renewed my 3 and if I get to see a few games this season then it’s a bonus. Everyone’s circumstances are different though and people that can afford it, will waive their credits. People who struggle to buy an ST then they deserve a credit for next season as imo, it’s a bigger gesture in supporting our club. 

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes this is where I’m at. Renewed my 3 and if I get to see a few games this season then it’s a bonus. Everyone’s circumstances are different though and people that can afford it, will waive their credits. People who struggle to buy an ST then they deserve a credit for next season as imo, it’s a bigger gesture in supporting our club. 

Yup. And hopefully people will allow their fellow Hearts fans to make whichever decision best suits their interests without threatening to name and shame them like the ridiculous arguments surrounding people choosing not to attend away matches. 

2 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yup. And hopefully people will allow their fellow Hearts fans to make whichever decision best suits their interests without threatening to name and shame them like the ridiculous arguments surrounding people choosing not to attend away matches. 

Hopefully there will be no away fans at games this season and the decision will be made for us. If they do then I’ve no problem with fans that decide to attend away games. My decision is made already. I love the away games and don’t miss many but I just can’t put anything into these clubs except ICT. 

Likewise fans that will receive credits for ST’s next year. It’s a fantastic commitment again from our support and many will have bought them knowing they can’t attend and struggle to pay for them. The financial impact has been felt in many a household so a tremendous applause for those who bought them who were financially impacted.  They shouldn’t be persecuted for asking or receiving credits for next season. No fans should be named and shamed for this 

Weakened Offender
45 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Hopefully there will be no away fans at games this season and the decision will be made for us. If they do then I’ve no problem with fans that decide to attend away games. My decision is made already. I love the away games and don’t miss many but I just can’t put anything into these clubs except ICT. 

Likewise fans that will receive credits for ST’s next year. It’s a fantastic commitment again from our support and many will have bought them knowing they can’t attend and struggle to pay for them. The financial impact has been felt in many a household so a tremendous applause for those who bought them who were financially impacted.  They shouldn’t be persecuted for asking or receiving credits for next season. No fans should be named and shamed for this 

Spot on. 

Weakened Offender
33 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Everyone could be accommodated in Murrayfield. Wouldn't then miss a game. 

Murrayfield is a rugby stadium. I never want to watch another HMFC match there in my puff. 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Murrayfield is a rugby stadium. I never want to watch another HMFC match there in my puff. 

I'd go down to my local park to watch. Don't care where we play. 

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

Yes I agree. I though it was soulless. I also don’t think given our financial plight this year, that we could afford to pay the SRU to hire this. 

been here before
4 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yes I agree. I though it was soulless. I also don’t think given our financial plight this year, that we could afford to pay the SRU to hire this. 

Christ, imagine a game at Murrayfield on a freezing Wednesday night in January against the likes of Alloa...

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Christ, imagine a game at Murrayfield on a freezing Wednesday night against the likes of Alloa...

A five goal plus evisceration of a club who’s repugnant owner has played a part in putting us in the shit? Nice and near our home stadium... watching Hearts... sounds okay to me.

If Murray field is financially viable then should go for it in the short term. Means no season ticket will miss out with the chances of a walk up gate

11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If Murray field is financially viable then should go for it in the short term. Means no season ticket will miss out with the chances of a walk up gate

If it allows more of us in to see the Hearts, then we just do it, surely. 🤷‍♂️

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

This.

Somebody more financially clued up than I (and not one of those dot net fantasists) could clarify...

We've paid for 18 (or whatever) games. The VAT on that will be significant.

Will it make a difference to how much the club ultimately receives if we either waive the refund or accept it and plough it back into FoH?

On 22/08/2020 at 13:39, wavydavy said:

This was from a statement by AB two days ago on HMFC website.

Despite all the uncertainty over the past five months the supporters have rallied behind the club and once again shown why they are best in the country, with more than 11,000 season tickets snapped up for the 2020/21 campaign.

👍

12 hours ago, been here before said:

Christ, imagine a game at Murrayfield on a freezing Wednesday night in January against the likes of Alloa...

It’s a double edged sword imo. If they allowed 25-30% of capacity in the stadium then it would need a massive effort by every Jambo to turn up including 5-8k walk ups. I just can’t see this happening in the championship this season. Our hardcore home support is 13-14k, excluding walk ups. We couldn’t even get Tynecastle half filled for the sevco cup game and if we happen to be on tv on a Friday night at home in Murrayfield, then I just can’t see this being a viable option. Who knows, we have ICT at home twice and maybe a big crowd will show for this game. Might be fine looking to hire the stadium for these two games. You never know, you might get a big travelling away support if this was the case. 

I haven’t done it yet but I intend to purchase a father and u13 season ticket to give away to someone less fortunate to enjoy,  if fans can go back to watching games this season. 

42 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It’s a double edged sword imo. If they allowed 25-30% of capacity in the stadium then it would need a massive effort by every Jambo to turn up including 5-8k walk ups. I just can’t see this happening in the championship this season. Our hardcore home support is 13-14k, excluding walk ups. We couldn’t even get Tynecastle half filled for the sevco cup game and if we happen to be on tv on a Friday night at home in Murrayfield, then I just can’t see this being a viable option. Who knows, we have ICT at home twice and maybe a big crowd will show for this game. Might be fine looking to hire the stadium for these two games. You never know, you might get a big travelling away support if this was the case. 

I haven’t done it yet but I intend to purchase a father and u13 season ticket to give away to someone less fortunate to enjoy,  if fans can go back to watching games this season. 

Not sure I agree. On the other hand it’s the first chance in months to go and watch Hearts again, on a Friday night in the city centre, against a team we will be very likely to hammer by a great score line.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Not sure I agree. On the other hand it’s the first chance in months to go and watch Hearts again, on a Friday night in the city centre, against a team we will be very likely to hammer by a great score line.

Would like the opportunity to watch them for all the "home " games. 

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Friday nights are p155 for me as I am self employed and can't guarantee to be finished in time for a Friday night game. It doesn't matter to HMFC as my season ticket is paid for and if I don't sit in Tynie this year it doesn't bother me as hearts have the money.

Championship football should be 3pm on a Saturday and let the gold diggers in the Premier have the Sunday 1230 in Dingwall or Friday night in Kilmarnock, because they are the reason we are where we are.

7 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Wether you agree with it or not, It will all come down to how many fans the SG let inside stadiums to watch football this season. I can’t see us renting Murrayfield at a cost of £250k per game to watch anyone this season. It doesn’t make economical sense. Most fans have written off this years ST’s for the sole reason of helping our club through the financial crisis.  We are then not going to spunk £250k x 14 home games at a cost of £3.5M  just to give all ST holders a chance to watch us play live. That’s why we are getting free Hearts tv to watch games. We will take a £4m hit this season so to hire Murrayfield, and almost double our hit, for home fixtures is just wishful thinking imo. 

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wether you agree with it or not, It will all come down to how many fans the SG let inside stadiums to watch football this season. I can’t see us renting Murrayfield at a cost of £250k per game to watch anyone this season. It doesn’t make economical sense. Most fans have written off this years ST’s for the sole reason of helping our club through the financial crisis.  We are then not going to spunk £250k x 14 home games at a cost of £3.5M  just to give all ST holders a chance to watch us play live. That’s why we are getting free Hearts tv to watch games. We will take a £4m hit this season so to hire Murrayfield, and almost double our hit, for home fixtures is just wishful thinking imo. 

Just offering my own feelings on the matter. If we are given an opportunity to go and watch Hearts, I’ll be all over that like a rash. By the time October comes I’ll be going demented.

22 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Would like the opportunity to watch them for all the "home " games. 

Me too. Reckon a lot of supporters will feel similarly.

20 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

Friday nights are p155 for me as I am self employed and can't guarantee to be finished in time for a Friday night game. It doesn't matter to HMFC as my season ticket is paid for and if I don't sit in Tynie this year it doesn't bother me as hearts have the money.

Championship football should be 3pm on a Saturday and let the gold diggers in the Premier have the Sunday 1230 in Dingwall or Friday night in Kilmarnock, because they are the reason we are where we are.

I won’t be going to away games whether we are allowed or not, but I agree with you, I’d rather we played all our Championship games 15:00 on a Saturday. Thankfully though, despite it being a bit of a slog back to Penicuik, I’d be looking forward to a Friday night in the city centre watching Hearts. Realise that’s not possible for others though.

15 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Is it actually as much as 250k to rent Murrayfield ? 

Not that it's really an option anyway. 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Think it was around that sort of mark previously. Maybe the SRU would cut us a good deal? Some extra income v none in these troubling times?

8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Think it was around that sort of mark previously. Maybe the SRU would cut us a good deal? Some extra income v none in these troubling times?

Maybe pay a little extra to cover it.

19 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe pay a little extra to cover it.

I was thinking more the opposite. revenue will be down at the SRU too, quite significantly I would imagine. I expect they would welcome the opportunity for some gauranteed income. Would hope they would be willing to offer use of their facility for a decent discount.

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I’m pretty sure that’s what we paid the last time we were there per game. I stand to be corrected though. Obviously the whole stadium needs opened and then policed. Be even worse with Covid restrictions as we’d have a cleaning bill on top. Pretty sure that was the cost for the two OF games and the sheep. They only open one stand for the rugby but they can’t have home and away fans sitting together for football. It’s just not viable from a financial point of view. 

I get that we all want to watch us play but I just can’t see it happening at Murrayfield.  The Celtic semi final we didn’t even take hospitality from the SRU as it was too expensive. We had it at Tynecastle instead and then they had to walk to the stadium via Russell road. 

47 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Just offering my own feelings on the matter. If we are given an opportunity to go and watch Hearts, I’ll be all over that like a rash. By the time October comes I’ll be going demented.

Your feelings echo mine. I’m champing at the bit to get back to games. My Saturdays just don’t seem the same anymore and there’s no routine. 3pm on a Saturday at Tynecastle is where I want to be. 

49 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I was thinking more the opposite. revenue will be down at the SRU too, quite significantly I would imagine. I expect they would welcome the opportunity for some gauranteed income. Would hope they would be willing to offer use of their facility for a decent discount.

Either way. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Me too. Reckon a lot of supporters will feel similarly.

I won’t be going to away games whether we are allowed or not, but I agree with you, I’d rather we played all our Championship games 15:00 on a Saturday. Thankfully though, despite it being a bit of a slog back to Penicuik, I’d be looking forward to a Friday night in the city centre watching Hearts. Realise that’s not possible for others though.

A slog back to Penicuik?? Lol.

We've fans travel hundreds of miles go get to matches.

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yes, but I’m a bit more precious than them, and I lived in the city from 20 onwards! :lol:

Besides, there’s been times at midweek games when my mates from the south coast have been home quicker than me. Just can’t adjust to life in the styx. 

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yes, but I’m a bit more precious than them, and I lived in the city from 20 onwards! :lol:

Besides, there’s been times at midweek games when my mates from the south coast have been home quicker than me. Just can’t adjust to life in the styx. 

Think you must be getting the wrong bus.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Just now, davemclaren said:

Think you must be getting the wrong bus.  🤷🏼‍♂️

Frequently. :lol:

59 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Frequently. :lol:

not sure frequent adequately describes the service  🙂

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Haha. 

1 hour ago, brownkg said:

not sure frequent adequately describes the service  🙂

Indeed... I’m not used to this level of bumpkinnery. At least not since I left Balerno at 20. 😄

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Haha. 

Honestly, mate... I can almost guarantee you’ve left a midweek game and got home to England before I’ve got home to Penicuik. (Pubs may have a part to play however).

12 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m pretty sure that’s what we paid the last time we were there per game. I stand to be corrected though. Obviously the whole stadium needs opened and then policed. Be even worse with Covid restrictions as we’d have a cleaning bill on top. Pretty sure that was the cost for the two OF games and the sheep. They only open one stand for the rugby but they can’t have home and away fans sitting together for football. It’s just not viable from a financial point of view. 

I get that we all want to watch us play but I just can’t see it happening at Murrayfield.  The Celtic semi final we didn’t even take hospitality from the SRU as it was too expensive. We had it at Tynecastle instead and then they had to walk to the stadium via Russell road. 

We paid £100k per game

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Be interesting to do that for the top two leagues with the average attendance side by side. 

Said previously, shite House tin pot clubs will not be effected as much as the "bigger teams". 

Big hits for us, Hibs, Aberdeen, rangers, Celtic and maybe utd.  Dundee taking a hit as well. 

Less of a hit for most others, with only the of gate being effected. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Laughable us being in this division. We could sell three times what we would be reduced to, whilst the other clubs would stab their grannies to get the 30% allowance through their gates. :lol:

Edited by Beast Boy

Gilberts Fridge

Surly our capacity is an unfair advantage in this division and we should have to reduce it to fall in line with the diddy clubs.

kingantti1874

We should look to play games at Murrayfield I’m sure the SRU  would be delighted with any sort of income this season and would be flexible on cost. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

We should look to play games at Murrayfield I’m sure the SRU  would be delighted with any sort of income this season and would be flexible on cost. 

How flexible?

On 24/08/2020 at 10:52, Jambof3tornado said:

Glory Hunters 🤷‍♂️

I would imagine the club would be receptive to Murrayfield and the SRU likewise.  The club will be wanting as many people in as possible as they could potentially face the financial impact of season ticket holders getting a discount off the following years Season ticket for any games not attended out of the 18 this time. 5000 times even 20 quid for one match would probably make the club find the price of hiring Murrayfield more palatable perhaps,

Not that I expect many ST holders would take or indeed want the discount the following year.