Season ticket latest 11.5k sold ( General sale underway )

jr ewing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Beast Boy

• jr ewing

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

I think its been there for a while. The T&Cs include stuff from the price freeze a few seasons ago.

20200425_133244.thumb.jpg.b85d20ed8271372fa98ec4855eda0eda.jpg

Would imagine the renewal date for securing your seat will be extended well into the Summer given the likely low uptake atm . 

Splitting in two is a start so thanks for listening,  HMFC. But how about the following?

I'd pay it in full right now if the club announced it will be valid for the next 18 consecutive home league games, whenever played. Relegation doesn't matter; I can live with that , whilst hoping it doesn't happen.

I don't expect to be going to any games in 2020. Hope I'm wrong but that would take a miracle.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Splitting in two is a start so thanks for listening,  HMFC. But how about the following?

I'd pay it in full right now if the club announced it will be valid for the next 18 consecutive home league games, whenever played. Relegation doesn't matter; I can live with that , whilst hoping it doesn't happen.

I don't expect to be going to any games in 2020. Hope I'm wrong but that would take a miracle.

Not a bad idea. 

2 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I've renewed expecting to get around 18 games from the season ticket but it would likely increase sales if they announced something along these lines. 

Personally I am not too impressed with the way the club have gone about this.

A season ticket is a big outlay for me, so I would prefer to be treated with a bit more openness.

To offer a 10% discount for missing 3 home games this season is disingenuous, when it is more likely that 4 home games have been lost and a 10% discount does not begin to cover this.

It would have been more upfront for the club to offer a refund for the lost home games, whilst making it clear they really would be in financial trouble if supporters accepted it. But at least give the fans the choice, after all it is the supporters money. I am pretty sure very few would have gone for the refund, but those that did would probably really need it given the current situation.

To ask fans to pay for a full season ticket at this stage makes no sense to me.

As others have suggested, it would probably make more financial sense to ask fans to pay a £100 deposit to secure their season tickets. The club would probably raise more money in the short term. Then come back when we know what league we will be playing in, or more realistically if there will be football played this year, and make it clear that more “donations” are required to keep the club going.  I am pretty sure fans would stump up.

Selling “season tickets” at this point, when there is no guarantee of football, is  misleading. Call it as it is. The fans will understand and help if they possibly can.

6 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

The club announced in an email to corporate members that: - if there was less than 18 games then you’d get a credit pro rata to cancelled games and then this ‘credit’ could be used towards games the following season, further hospitality for additional guests or spent towards club merchandise from the shop. Not sure if it applies to ordinary ST holders though 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Lone Striker
6 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Good shout.   A ST  purchase just results in a  new data record being added to a file on the HMFC computer - your card with the bar code stays unaltered.    An alternative gesture from the club would be to guarantee another discount on an ST for the following season (2021-22) for folk who purchase one for 2020-21  - that should hopefully entice a good few "sitting on the fence"  fans to buy one now, since (hopefully !!) we'll be back the Premiership by then.   

As others above have pointed out,  the very existence of the club is at stake here.   I'll be renewing, even though the  ongoing COVID situation may persuade me not to attend many matches.

Always Hearts. 

The best way is to start where we left of in March.Start with last 3 games then Scottish cup,Finish with the split.There will be no football for a year at least.Vaccine next year at the earliest.I have a strong feeling football will not survive in its present form.

51 minutes ago, Julie18740 said:

The best way is to start where we left of in March.Start with last 3 games then Scottish cup,Finish with the split.There will be no football for a year at least.Vaccine next year at the earliest.I have a strong feeling football will not survive in its present form.

I agree with starting where we left off. If football doesn't survive in its present form here's hoping it's reborn in a set-up we might occasionally win rather than just being cannon-fodder enabling the OF to get into Europe, which is wearing a bit thin.

12 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I agree with starting where we left off. If football doesn't survive in its present form here's hoping it's reborn in a set-up we might occasionally win rather than just being cannon-fodder enabling the OF to get into Europe, which is wearing a bit thin.

You would need to go back to the days of splitting the gate receipts 50/50. Never going to happen. 

17 hours ago, Sirudi said:

A season ticket is a big outlay for me, so I would prefer to be treated with a bit more openness.

To offer a 10% discount for missing 3 home games this season is disingenuous, when it is more likely that 4 home games have been lost and a 10% discount does not begin to cover this.

It would have been more upfront for the club to offer a refund for the lost home games, whilst making it clear they really would be in financial trouble if supporters accepted it. But at least give the fans the choice, after all it is the supporters money. I am pretty sure very few would have gone for the refund, but those that did would probably really need it given the current situation.

As others have suggested, it would probably make more financial sense to ask fans to pay a £100 deposit to secure their season tickets. The club would probably raise more money in the short term. Then come back when we know what league we will be playing in, or more realistically if there will be football played this year, and make it clear that more “donations” are required to keep the club going.  I am pretty sure fans would stump up.

Selling “season tickets” at this point, when there is no guarantee of football, is  misleading. Call it as it is. The fans will understand and help if they possibly can.

100% spot on. I have been very unimpressed by the short sighted and knee jerk way the club has gone about this.

17 hours ago, Sirudi said:

Pretty much this. I never manage to get to all the home games my season ticket entitles me to but I think the club should have offered someting to the fans as compensation for missing out on three home games that are now unlikely to be played. A credit for the club shop for the cost of a ticket for those games would have been fair. I think we'll see a fall in sales for next season.

On 25/04/2020 at 12:42, davemclaren said:

People should pay by credit card if they want additional security under the cca. 

I believe debit card payments are secured along the same lines a credit cards. I had an experience last year where the bank got me a refund on a purchase I wasn't happy with after using a Visa debit card. Would be a shame if fans seeking refunds had to go down this route and be at odds with the club.

58 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I believe debit card payments are secured along the same lines a credit cards. I had an experience last year where the bank got me a refund on a purchase I wasn't happy with after using a Visa debit card. Would be a shame if fans seeking refunds had to go down this route and be at odds with the club.

Safer to use your credit card. 

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Safer to use your credit card. 

Staff at "HBoS Disoutes" assured the same protection to debit cards as credit cards. Always thought credit cards offered more protection....

Don't see what all the moaning is about. 

Many fans including myself are happy to buy St's. 

The club are only providing a product that people were asking for. 

If some people don't want to buy then that is their choice. 

Nobody's being forced into anything. 

Some folk just like to have a dig at the club. 

Hungry hippo
53 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Staff at "HBoS Disoutes" assured the same protection to debit cards as credit cards. Always thought credit cards offered more protection....

Who?

On 25/04/2020 at 14:20, 4marsbars said:

Good idea, but can we also add - and those 2 clowns Levein & McFraud will not be on the payroll.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Don't see what all the moaning is about. 

Many fans including myself are happy to buy St's. 

The club are only providing a product that people were asking for. 

If some people don't want to buy then that is their choice. 

Nobody's being forced into anything. 

Some folk just like to have a dig at the club. 

It is not about liking having a dig at the club. For Pete's sake I had a season ticket since 1969 and I want nothing but the best for Hearts. I have no doubt that what is written on here will be being monitored by the club, and the fact that it is offering season tickets for sale with so many unanswered questions rests very uneasily with some supporters. Of course nobody is forced to buy a season ticket but the worry for the club should be that there are no doubt many of us who would under normal circumstances be renewing but because of where we are at the moment are holding back. Setting Premiership prices with an early June deadline to take advantage of so called discounts and offers sits very uncomfortably with me. 

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

It is not about liking having a dig at the club. For Pete's sake I had a season ticket since 1969 and I want nothing but the best for Hearts. I have no doubt that what is written on here will be being monitored by the club, and the fact that it is offering season tickets for sale with so many unanswered questions rests very uneasily with some supporters. Of course nobody is forced to buy a season ticket but the worry for the club should be that there are no doubt many of us who would under normal circumstances be renewing but because of where we are at the moment are holding back. Setting Premiership prices with an early June deadline to take advantage of so called discounts and offers sits very uncomfortably with me. 

Some mind find the truth unpalatable ie we are skint, we still have wages to pay, we don't know when our next match day will happen so please, please give us your money or we will go bankrupt.

15 minutes ago, henryheart said:

The club needs cash now.

People asked for STs to go on sale.

The club doesnt know which league they are going to be in so have taken a decision to go with this price structure based on what it does know.

The answer to the questions you have neither the club nor anyone else currently has the answers in respect to what next season is going to look like. 

if people dont want to buy on that basis then they are entitled to hold out or not buy at all.

I dont think there is much more they can do because some questions may not be answered long before we are in financial trouble.

Those that buy are happy doing so with the unknowns.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Some mind find the truth unpalatable ie we are skint, we still have wages to pay, we don't know when our next match day will happen so please, please give us your money or we will go bankrupt.

If Hearts go bankrupt Anne Budge will lose all her money; there are agreements in place with FOH which is in a position to make payments her. Any other debts are insignificant by comparison and can be reasonably covered by funding transfers and costs being covered by Budge and/or FOH. The current actions being taken by the club are aimed at handing the club over to FOH with either no or manageable debt.  

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

The club needs cash now.

People asked for STs to go on sale.

The club doesnt know which league they are going to be in so have taken a decision to go with this price structure based on what it does know.

The answer to the questions you have neither the club nor anyone else currently has the answers in respect to what next season is going to look like. 

if people dont want to buy on that basis then they are entitled to hold out or not buy at all.

I dont think there is much more they can do because some questions may not be answered long before we are in financial trouble.

Those that buy are happy doing so with the unknowns.

Pay half now half later then. Better than nothing. 

Hungry hippo
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Disputes.......👍

Ah. Genuinely thought disoutes" was maybe some sort of French legal term.

12 hours ago, henryheart said:

I say this once more. 

Fans asked Hearts to put St's on sale because they realise the club needs the money to keep going. 

I don't see how that negatively impacts

anyone. 

It's not as if they are going to sell out. 😴

32 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I say this once more. 

Fans asked Hearts to put St's on sale because they realise the club needs the money to keep going. 

I don't see how that negatively impacts

anyone. 

It's not as if they are going to sell out. 😴

I think that the main party this strategy negatively impacts in the short term is the club.

If they asked fans for a £100 deposit in the first instance to secure their seat I believe they would have raised more money as a lot more fans would be able to afford it.

In the long term, the fans who pay the full amount up front may also be negatively impacted.

There has been a massive hit to the economy during lockdown which will continue when we attempt to get back to normal. The extra government spending associated with the virus will be hitting us in the pocket for decades.

Consequently, most of us have yet to feel the true economic impact which is on its way. Unemployment, increased taxes and less disposal income are inevitable in the months/years ahead and will mean that those who believe they can afford the full season ticket price at this time may not feel the same way in the coming months.

Given that football matches with fans present won’t happen for the foreseeable future, I Just think it makes for sense for the club and the fans not to be asking for the full price of a season ticket up front.

58 minutes ago, Sirudi said:

I think that the main party this strategy negatively impacts in the short term is the club.

If they asked fans for a £100 deposit in the first instance to secure their seat I believe they would have raised more money as a lot more fans would be able to afford it.

In the long term, the fans who pay the full amount up front may also be negatively impacted.

There has been a massive hit to the economy during lockdown which will continue when we attempt to get back to normal. The extra government spending associated with the virus will be hitting us in the pocket for decades.

Consequently, most of us have yet to feel the true economic impact which is on its way. Unemployment, increased taxes and less disposal income are inevitable in the months/years ahead and will mean that those who believe they can afford the full season ticket price at this time may not feel the same way in the coming months.

Given that football matches with fans present won’t happen for the foreseeable future, I Just think it makes for sense for the club and the fans not to be asking for the full price of a season ticket up front.

Half now half in December. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sirudi said:

Thanks for your concern but I’m still very comfortable with my decision to buy a season ticket. I fully accept others will feel differently about it. 

On 25/04/2020 at 20:34, Sirudi said:

It will be hard for Ann Budge to please everyone, in fact it will be impossible to please every fan who'd like to buy a season ticket. Football is in a crisis and i agree that fans will understand and help although as we all know there's always someone who will never be happy.

35 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It will be hard for Ann Budge to please everyone, in fact it will be impossible to please every fan who'd like to buy a season ticket. Football is in a crisis and i agree that fans will understand and help although as we all know there's always someone who will never be happy.

After getting the amount of tickets sold after a few days which was 1000 why have we not hit any new targets.

Have we hit 2000 yet and if we haven't what would we make of that ?

Just had it confirmed by Lyndsey that you can split the ticket payment, however you will have to send an e-mail to her so she can make the adjustment before payment. 

6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

After getting the amount of tickets sold after a few days which was 1000 why have we not hit any new targets.

Have we hit 2000 yet and if we haven't what would we make of that ?

I will be getting mine on or about May 11th when I get my monthly works pension in my bank. Could be a spike in sales after 5pm tonight though.

The deadline is 8th June for renewals figures about then will show where we are.

Edited by EIEIO
Spelling

SuperAustin
8 minutes ago, micole said:

Just had it confirmed by Lyndsey that you can split the ticket payment, however you will have to send an e-mail to her so she can make the adjustment before payment. 

Where do you send the email ? 

2 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Where do you send the email ? 

I went onto HMFC web site and went to contact us and selected ticketing. 

6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I will be getting mine on or about May 11th when I get my monthly works pension in my bank. Could be a spike in sales after 5pm tonight though.

The deadline is 8th June for renewals figures about then will show where we are.

:thumbs_up:

I've heard from a very very reliable source that it will be a 14/14/14 set up whenever football is resumed. 

Jambo 4 Ever
On 24/04/2020 at 18:54, davemclaren said:

Over a thousand bought them. Other clubs are doing it as well. 

Doesn’t make it right though 

On 25/04/2020 at 14:20, 4marsbars said:

When the Chairperson comes out and publicly states that she thinks it highly unlikely that Football will be played in front of an stadium audience this year then it is hardly going to inpsire people to buy a season ticket at the moment.

Jambo 4 Ever
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s right for me but maybe not for you. 

Yeh happy to agree to disagree on it then 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, micole said:

Is there anything official on the website about this yet?

been here before
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Is there anything official on the website about this yet?

Have a look.