Jump to content
jr ewing

Season ticket latest 10.5k sold ( Renewal period ends 8/8 )

Recommended Posts

Jambof3tornado

Our 4 now sorted. Half payment before 8th june half payment in december.

 

Lindsay sorted in all no bother.

 

Good outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Our 4 now sorted. Half payment before 8th june half payment in december.

 

Lindsay sorted in all no bother.

 

Good outcome.

Well done. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
17 hours ago, henryheart said:

 

If Hearts go bankrupt Anne Budge will lose all her money; there are agreements in place with FOH which is in a position to make payments her. Any other debts are insignificant by comparison and can be reasonably covered by funding transfers and costs being covered by Budge and/or FOH. The current actions being taken by the club are aimed at handing the club over to FOH with either no or manageable debt.  

She has had all but £100k of the money. She has actually loaned a chunk of it back to the club 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
17 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Pay half now half later then. Better than nothing. 

And on a credit card just in case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
On 24/04/2020 at 18:37, letsmakesomenoise said:

I  just cant get my head around the club trying to sell us something they pretty much know they cant deliver.

 

If they want to flog us shares, or a different way of making money like debentures or something, then fine but please don't try to sell us something we already know is a bogey.  Id happily double my FOH monies for the next year, if it helped.  But I struggle with buying an 18 game season ticket when we know that wont happen.

A football season will start at some point and when it does the season ticket bought will give access to those games. If a proportion of them end up being streamed, because matches are played behind closed doors therefore an online season ticket, then so be it. 

 

You’re happy to double your FOH contributions, which will get you nothing personally, but you would struggle to buy a season ticket as, effectively, the exact date it would commence isn’t know yet 🤷‍♂️

 

If you are struggling to get your head round this I’d hate to see you try long division!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperAustin

Got email back very quick saying she spilt the payment 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
12 minutes ago, SuperAustin said:

Got email back very quick saying she spilt the payment 

 

 

So you have to email her first before doing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
1 hour ago, been here before said:

 

Have a look.

Don’t see anything 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperAustin
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So you have to email her first before doing it?

Yeah have to email 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
On 24/04/2020 at 18:59, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Completely agree, it’s utter madness. 
 

 

Have we suddenly been bought over by some Saudi consortium? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
On 25/04/2020 at 20:34, Sirudi said:

Personally I am not too impressed with the way the club have gone about this.

A season ticket is a big outlay for me, so I would prefer to be treated with a bit more openness.

 

To offer a 10% discount for missing 3 home games this season is disingenuous, when it is more likely that 4 home games have been lost and a 10% discount does not begin to cover this.

 

It would have been more upfront for the club to offer a refund for the lost home games, whilst making it clear they really would be in financial trouble if supporters accepted it. But at least give the fans the choice, after all it is the supporters money. I am pretty sure very few would have gone for the refund, but those that did would probably really need it given the current situation.

 

To ask fans to pay for a full season ticket at this stage makes no sense to me.

As others have suggested, it would probably make more financial sense to ask fans to pay a £100 deposit to secure their season tickets. The club would probably raise more money in the short term. Then come back when we know what league we will be playing in, or more realistically if there will be football played this year, and make it clear that more “donations” are required to keep the club going.  I am pretty sure fans would stump up.


Selling “season tickets” at this point, when there is no guarantee of football, is  misleading. Call it as it is. The fans will understand and help if they possibly can.

 

More self interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Well done. 👍

Just want to give the club something but not the full amount. This is ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
On 26/04/2020 at 14:05, henryheart said:

 

100% spot on. I have been very unimpressed by the short sighted and knee jerk way the club has gone about this.

I’d be interested to hear your ideas on how they should have gone about it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
37 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Just want to give the club something but not the full amount. This is ideal.

As others have said I’ve been stuck in the house not spending as much for five weeks. I would have bought one anyway but it feels like I’ve saved for it, for a change. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid
Just now, davemclaren said:

As others have said I’ve been stuck in the house not spending as much for five weeks. I would have bought one anyway but it feels like I’ve saved for it, for a change. 😄

I’ve been stuck in the house not earning a penny . ☹️

Half now ,half later ,might sway it ,but I need to wait to see IF I get anything from the govt in June as I’m self employed . 


I won’t be the only one and I don’t think anyone querying the sale of ST is doing it for there own self interest as posted above , more out of genuine financial dilemma . 
 

Id like to think we’re all doing what we can to help our club out 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
3 hours ago, EH22-Jambo said:

L not i

It's: 

[email protected]

 

Easy done 😁👍🏻

Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve been stuck in the house not earning a penny . ☹️

Half now ,half later ,might sway it ,but I need to wait to see IF I get anything from the govt in June as I’m self employed . 


I won’t be the only one and I don’t think anyone querying the sale of ST is doing it for there own self interest as posted above , more out of genuine financial dilemma . 
 

Id like to think we’re all doing what we can to help our club out 🤔

Absolutely. Some of us are a lot luckier than others. Hope things pick up for you soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve been stuck in the house not earning a penny . ☹️

Half now ,half later ,might sway it ,but I need to wait to see IF I get anything from the govt in June as I’m self employed . 


I won’t be the only one and I don’t think anyone querying the sale of ST is doing it for there own self interest as posted above , more out of genuine financial dilemma . 
 

Id like to think we’re all doing what we can to help our club out 🤔

My self interest quip related to the poster wanting money returned for games he might (seasons not been called yet) miss and stating 10% discount not good enough. Given the current circumstances I’d say that is completely self interest. 

 

If someone has to think of the financial implications of buying a season ticket for this forthcoming season - such and when that will be - then fair enough. I have no time whatsoever though for people moaning about partial refunds for this season, even if the season is not completed. 

 

The solution to this issue is quite simple. If someone wants to buy a season ticket - by whatever means - then they are entitled to do so. If someone doesn’t want to then likewise, they are entitled not to. But, FFS don’t come on here greeting about the attempts being made by the club to keep the club out of the shite. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Absolutely. Some of us are a lot luckier than others. Hope things pick up for you soon. 

Cheers Dave 👍🏻

 

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My self interest quip related to the poster wanting money returned for games he might (seasons not been called yet) miss and stating 10% discount not good enough. Given the current circumstances I’d say that is completely self interest. 

 

If someone has to think of the financial implications of buying a season ticket for this forthcoming season - such and when that will be - then fair enough. I have no time whatsoever though for people moaning about partial refunds for this season, even if the season is not completed. 

 

The solution to this issue is quite simple. If someone wants to buy a season ticket - by whatever means - then they are entitled to do so. If someone doesn’t want to then likewise, they are entitled not to. But, FFS don’t come on here greeting about the attempts being made by the club to keep the club out of the shite. 

 

Should’ve been clearer , I was having a personal go at you , just using the words posted . 
My personal opinion is the money I handed over to Hearts for this season is theirs , wouldn’t be looking for a refund ( maybe a couple of pints in bar1874 would be good tho 😀) . 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sirudi
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

More self interest.


 

 

44 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My self interest quip related to the poster wanting money returned for games he might (seasons not been called yet) miss and stating 10% discount not good enough. Given the current circumstances I’d say that is completely self interest. 

 

If someone has to think of the financial implications of buying a season ticket for this forthcoming season - such and when that will be - then fair enough. I have no time whatsoever though for people moaning about partial refunds for this season, even if the season is not completed. 

 

The solution to this issue is quite simple. If someone wants to buy a season ticket - by whatever means - then they are entitled to do so. If someone doesn’t want to then likewise, they are entitled not to. But, FFS don’t come on here greeting about the attempts being made by the club to keep the club out of the shite

 


Care to point out where I personally requested a refund ?

 

Read more rant less would be my recommendation.

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My self interest quip related to the poster wanting money returned for games he might (seasons not been called yet) miss and stating 10% discount not good enough. Given the current circumstances I’d say that is completely self interest. 

 

If someone has to think of the financial implications of buying a season ticket for this forthcoming season - such and when that will be - then fair enough. I have no time whatsoever though for people moaning about partial refunds for this season, even if the season is not completed. 

 

The solution to this issue is quite simple. If someone wants to buy a season ticket - by whatever means - then they are entitled to do so. If someone doesn’t want to then likewise, they are entitled not to. But, FFS don’t come on here greeting about the attempts being made by the club to keep the club out of the shite. 

 

Very well put. Top post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iwasthere1954
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

 

 

When the Chairperson comes out and publicly states that she thinks it highly unlikely that Football will be played in front of an stadium audience this year then it is hardly going to inpsire people to buy a season ticket at the moment.

On that basis if nobody buys a season ticket there will not be a club to follow. I really think its as serious as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’ve been stuck in the house not earning a penny . ☹️

Half now ,half later ,might sway it ,but I need to wait to see IF I get anything from the govt in June as I’m self employed . 


I won’t be the only one and I don’t think anyone querying the sale of ST is doing it for there own self interest as posted above , more out of genuine financial dilemma . 
 

Id like to think we’re all doing what we can to help our club out 🤔

I feel for you buddy. I have a few mates in the same line of work as you that are in the same boat.

 

Ive also lost my whole summer orders that had us booked out till November this year. £500k worth of work has either postponed or cancelled and my workforce has went from 22 down to 5. If the don’t open things up within 4 weeks then I won’t have a business left. Its on life support just now. The position I’m in then I’ll do what I can for the club but it won’t be anything like the last few years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
micole

Well for better or worse that's me renewed albeit on a split payment. HHGH!!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid
51 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I feel for you buddy. I have a few mates in the same line of work as you that are in the same boat.

 

Ive also lost my whole summer orders that had us booked out till November this year. £500k worth of work has either postponed or cancelled and my workforce has went from 22 down to 5. If the don’t open things up within 4 weeks then I won’t have a business left. Its on life support just now. The position I’m in then I’ll do what I can for the club but it won’t be anything like the last few years 

Cheers mate and I hope you get your business moving too ( and everyone else) 
 

On the up side I’ve learned how to use the washing machine thingy, make the tea and even hoover up , all whilst being a kept man 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom Hardy’s Dug
Posted (edited)

Whether you agree that the 10% covers your “loss” the club have been transparent - particularly as they have no legal obligation to cover the “loss” under the T&Cs.

 

If we are in the Premiership next season on an expanded 14 team basis - you’ll have lucked out as in theory as there will be more home games and the discount will be a real one as we will still be in the SPL also.

 

Nobody knows what is going to happen about football.

 

We know one thing for certain - if fans don’t buy season tickets we likely go bust.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ethan Hunt
2 hours ago, Sirudi said:


 

 


Care to point out where I personally requested a refund ?

 

Read more rant less would be my recommendation.

 

 


 

😂😂 You obviously don’t do irony. The majority of your post was a rant about how the club have handled season tickets 😂😂

 

I would suggest it’s pretty clear from the text below that you were looking for further discount and/or a partial refund. If you aren’t then you are making a fecking good job of making it look like you are, or maybe your just taking up the fight for other supporters, after all it’s the supporters money eh.

 

Personally I am not too impressed with the way the club have gone about this.

A season ticket is a big outlay for me, so I would prefer to be treated with a bit more openness.

 

To offer a 10% discount for missing 3 home games this season is disingenuous, when it is more likely that 4 home games have been lost and a 10% discount does not begin to cover this.

 

It would have been more upfront for the club to offer a refund for the lost home games, whilst making it clear they really would be in financial trouble if supporters accepted it. But at least give the fans the choice, after all it is the supporters money. I am pretty sure very few would have gone for the refund, but those that did would probably really need it given the current situation

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I feel for you buddy. I have a few mates in the same line of work as you that are in the same boat.

 

Ive also lost my whole summer orders that had us booked out till November this year. £500k worth of work has either postponed or cancelled and my workforce has went from 22 down to 5. If the don’t open things up within 4 weeks then I won’t have a business left. Its on life support just now. The position I’m in then I’ll do what I can for the club but it won’t be anything like the last few years 

Best of luck Saughton.  Terrible predicament.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I feel for you buddy. I have a few mates in the same line of work as you that are in the same boat.

 

Ive also lost my whole summer orders that had us booked out till November this year. £500k worth of work has either postponed or cancelled and my workforce has went from 22 down to 5. If the don’t open things up within 4 weeks then I won’t have a business left. Its on life support just now. The position I’m in then I’ll do what I can for the club but it won’t be anything like the last few years 

It’s a really bad position for you to be in and a really bad one for the club as well. A lot of regular corporate sponsors will struggle to continue their support given the current crisis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
2 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

On that basis if nobody buys a season ticket there will not be a club to follow. I really think its as serious as that.

I think you are spot on!

 

If nobody buys season tickets the only other way(s) to survive would be for all FOH subscribers to at least quadruple their payments or implement the clause / article 12 in players contracts and stop paying wages.

Season ticket money will be required to pay wages especially when the furlough payments (currently end of June) cease! 


And once ST money runs out it will fall on the bank of last resort to fund the club, which is the Bank of Budge!

 

Queen Ann to save to save Hearts again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s a really bad position for you to be in and a really bad one for the club as well. A lot of regular corporate sponsors will struggle to continue their support given the current crisis. 

I think your right Dave. I’ve spoken with a few from corporate already and there’s a lot that can’t justify it. Especially when businesses are crashing and there’s no prospect of even getting in to watch anything at Tynecastle this year. I’ve got 4 weeks left to save the business and then I have to freeze the company for the time being and make some really hard decisions. The economy has to keep moving and sanctions with restrictions, need to be in place. 
 

There’s more anger and resentment at the former manager than their is with covid though. Think that’s the other thing that the chairman needs to take into account before the 8th June cut off date. If he’s still around then there’s a lot that won’t renew as they blame him for this mess we find ourselves in.....and sadly I have to agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownkg
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

As others have said I’ve been stuck in the house not spending as much for five weeks. I would have bought one anyway but it feels like I’ve saved for it, for a change. 😄

I am in the fortunate position of having put money aside over the last 12 months so had the money for the season tickets  I bought and even used the 10% saving to go towards a new base unit which does mean that I have got 12 months to save up for the season after next rather than have 10% of it already saved. I understand not everyone is in this position but being a pensioner does have some advantages. Yes it is a leap of faith to have bought but there are many businesses and people struggling in the current situation and I would miss going to Tynecastle so hopefully enough of us can help out in these desperate times.
I see my FOH subs as a monthly expenditure item so again no issues with that

PS as a pensioner  I am deeply jealous of how much some of you blow in a weekend

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownkg
9 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

 

There’s more anger and resentment at the former manager than their is with covid though. Think that’s the other thing that the chairman needs to take into account before the 8th June cut off date. If he’s still around then there’s a lot that won’t renew as they blame him for this mess we find ourselves in.....and sadly I have to agree. 

I though AB said at the AGM that the contracts were up at the end of May and they would be gone by then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, brownkg said:

I though AB said at the AGM that the contracts were up at the end of May and they would be gone by then

🙏 she’s been known to change her mind before though 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownkg
Just now, Saughton Jambo said:

🙏 she’s been known to change her mind before though 

I agree but given the way things are at the moment (sorry to scratch that itch for you) I would reckon that won't happen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
13 minutes ago, brownkg said:

I agree but given the way things are at the moment (sorry to scratch that itch for you) I would reckon that won't happen

 

Think you misinterpreted my praying hands. Should’ve put a full stop after the emoji. They’re for when he finally goes and  the club are free. I’m certainly not praying for her to change her mind about him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brownkg
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Think you misinterpreted my praying hands. Should’ve put a full stop after the emoji. They’re for when he finally goes and  the club are free. I’m certainly not praying for her to change her mind about him 

No I didn't take you wanted him to stay nor do I expect him to.I was due to get my windows replaced the day lock down started I am  just hoping they , and you of course, mange to get through this OK. Mind you the warmer weather and the lack of hurricanes means it is not quite as urgent as it was to replace the old ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hungry hippo
11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Think you misinterpreted my praying hands. Should’ve put a full stop after the emoji. They’re for when he finally goes and  the club are free. I’m certainly not praying for her to change her mind about him 

 

Only mentioning this because I think it's interesting rather than correcting but that emoji is meant to be a high five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

Only mentioning this because I think it's interesting rather than correcting but that emoji is meant to be a high five.

And I’ll be there to high 5 him right out the building.  That’s what happens when you’re over 50. Can’t keep up with the young ones IT these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
10 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

And I’ll be there to high 5 him right out the building.  That’s what happens when you’re over 50. Can’t keep up with the young ones IT these days 

Will him leaving increase the season ticket sales I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David McCaig
9 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Will him leaving increase the season ticket sales I wonder?

Yes, my 3 x STs will be bought as soon as I know that we have taken all possible steps to reduce expenditure.

 

I have no issue buying a ST and every game next season being behind closed doors, but I do have an issue if that revenue goes on retaining Levein and MacPhee.    I would also be disappointed, if any of the players with expiring deals were offered new contracts in the current climate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
56 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Will him leaving increase the season ticket sales I wonder?

It’ll certainly mean I’ll renew my 3 if he goes. Would seriously make me think twice about renewing if he’s still here come 1st June. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hectormasson
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Will him leaving increase the season ticket sales I wonder?

If we are def down and whether hes here or not , might not really matter ,  if we get 9k season cards sold it's a good sale imo'   I think people will choose their games for a bit,   theres no gers or hobos  or even dun utd in it ?  So decent opposition is not really there  ,, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
On 27/04/2020 at 15:41, Jambof3tornado said:

Our 4 now sorted. Half payment before 8th june half payment in december.

 

Lindsay sorted in all no bother.

 

Good outcome.

Any update on the numbers sold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders

Is there anything official on the website yet about this split payment option?

 

Just seems a bit odd that it is available but they haven't made people aware of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
10 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Is there anything official on the website yet about this split payment option?

 

Just seems a bit odd that it is available but they haven't made people aware of it.

 

Have a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Have a look.

I don't see it

 

if you do - please share the link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I don't see it

 

if you do - please share the link

 

Thats twice youve answered your own question on this thread.

 

👏

 

Given Im a bit bored I'll ask...Why would you need a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natural Orders
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

 

Thats twice youve answered your own question on this thread.

 

👏

 

Given Im a bit bored I'll ask...Why would you need a link?

so why is it not on the website?

 

Surely it would only be right for them to do this so all fans know

Edited by Natural Orders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...