Season ticket latest 11.5k sold ( General sale underway )

jr ewing

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Beast Boy

• jr ewing

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bigdavemaddog

does anybody know what will happen with the '18 game plan'  if the season starts behind closed doors? Will the 18 games start from the first game fans are allowed in?

8 hours ago, bigdavemaddog said:

does anybody know what will happen with the '18 game plan'  if the season starts behind closed doors? Will the 18 games start from the first game fans are allowed in?

I suspect virtual games will count towards the 18 home games. Basically a discount of 4 games next season. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I suspect virtual games will count towards the 18 home games. Basically a discount of 4 games next season. 

Absolutely no chance that will be the case. 0.

Edited by hughesie27

10 hours ago, bigdavemaddog said:

It's quite simple. Hearts said your ST will allow you to attend 18 home matches. Regardless of which season they are played in. Or if you are planning on renewing next year they will provide a discount to next years ST to the value of games you were yet to attend.

Edited by hughesie27

David McCaig
25 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It's quite simple. Hearts said your ST will allow you to attend 18 home matches. Regardless of which season they are played in. Or if you are planning on renewing next year they will provide a discount to next years ST to the value of games you were yet to attend.

My big concern is that if everyone took full advantage of that offer we would be completely financially screwed for season 2021/2022.

Edited by David McCaig

39 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Absolutely no chance that will be the case. 0.

Assuming they give free access to season ticket holders for streamed Tynecastle games I’d say there is a chance and to be honest I’m ok with that. 

13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

My big concern is that if everyone took full advantage of that offer we would be completely financially screwed for season 2021/2022.

True but it's a something Hearts have obviously calculated for. I think a decent amount of people will still opt to pay full price. 

Perhaps our away ticket fund will help counter that too.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Assuming they give free access to season ticket holders for streamed Tynecastle games I’d say there is a chance and to be honest I’m ok with that. 

They couldn't make it any clearer on the Website.

SmartSelect_20200731-095416_Chrome.jpg

David McCaig
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

True but it's a something Hearts have obviously calculated for. I think a decent amount of people will still opt to pay full price. 

Perhaps our away ticket fund will help counter that too.

Hopefully

24 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Don’t think it’ll be a big problem. I think the majority won’t take the offer. If they do, then they are well within their rights though, and it’s only right that they should be able to do so. I am proud of the club for doing this. I’m glad we are in a position to offer it to those who may have to take it up. I think without that offer, we would have sold far fewer season tickets. I expect the fund raising and FoH pledges will more than mitigate for the loss.

I renewed when they first went on sale.  I just want back to games ASAP.  Also as angry as I am with the whole SPFL debacle I'm actually looking forward to seeing games against other teams instead of playing F****** Motherwell every other home game, or so it seems.

36 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

"Access to games"

Online is access. 

But I think there is a decent chance we can go.

Complicates playing at Murrayfield though. 

30 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

"Access to games"

Online is access. 

Thats how I read it also, giving free streams to season ticket holders is giving access. Makes no difference to me just don’t want people expecting big discounts next year. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

"Access to games"

Online is access. 

58 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Thats how I read it also, giving free streams to season ticket holders is giving access. Makes no difference to me just don’t want people expecting big discounts next year. 

Literally says 18 matches at Tynecastle Park.

I'd bet my house on the fact that we won't be counting online streams as attending a game.

Edited by hughesie27

Just now, hughesie27 said:

I'd bet my house on the fact that we won't be counting online streams as attending a game.

It does

Where does it say fans have to be at Tynecastle Park? 

davemclaren
31 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That’s not how I read it. 

The whole 18 games thing has confused me and that's why I'm not renewing for the coming season...if it looks like we're getting a full season next year then I'll buy one again but I'm just not sure what the 18 games thing does to next years season ticket sales.

5 minutes ago, Defender said:

The whole 18 games thing has confused me and that's why I'm not renewing for the coming season...if it looks like we're getting a full season next year then I'll buy one again but I'm just not sure what the 18 games thing does to next years season ticket sales.

I presumed that for any games which are missed this season, you would be given an additional ticket for a game next season. You would still be paying for a full season ticket next year 

this will be at least 4 tickets so far with fewer games this season

Edited by Newton51

Shouldn’t the club come out and clarify what this 18 match situation is. Even on this thread there is confusion about whether 18 games includes access to online streaming of games. 

I have not renewed yet, and TBH I would feel a bit shortchanged if say 5 of my 18 games were just watching on Hearts TV. 

43 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I presumed that for any games which are missed this season, you would be given an additional ticket for a game next season. You would still be paying for a full season ticket next year 

this will be at least 4 tickets so far with fewer games this season

An additional ticket to give to a friend? That could be impossible to guarentee to everyone depending on a number of things. How many STs we sell, how many games we miss this year, how many away fans attend etc.

My Season ticket cost me £315 which is £17.50 per game in an 18 game season. If Hearts are planning on counting streamable games as in their words "...access...to a home game..." then they'd need to charge non ST fans at least £17.50 per match to stream to their home. Otherwise they will have screwed over ST holders. 

As far as I am aware there hasn't even been any discussion from any official party (other than Morton recently) about teams even being allowed to stream games outside of the Premiership. 

GorgieRules22
40 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Shouldn’t the club come out and clarify what this 18 match situation is. Even on this thread there is confusion about whether 18 games includes access to online streaming of games. 

I have not renewed yet, and TBH I would feel a bit shortchanged if say 5 of my 18 games were just watching on Hearts TV. 

Everyone’s different, I’ll buy mine and my boys season tickets regardless of any circumstances...that and the Foundation are my contribution to the team we all love.

Will take in any attended games this season and a good part of next whether at Tynecastle or more likely Murrayfield. Most sensible compromise I would imagine. 

32 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Everyone’s different, I’ll buy mine and my boys season tickets regardless of any circumstances...that and the Foundation are my contribution to the team we all love.

Yeah I think you are right, that everyone is different. That’s why I think the club should send out a message to clarify to ensure nobody buys a season ticket on a false premise. 

This whole idea of live streaming of matches for any team is not worthwhile the attention its been given.

Firstly for ourselves it cannot be possible for a streamed game to be counted as one of the 18 guaranteed games.Some fans, admittedly a small number, won't have access to enable streaming.

For all teams the idea that a ppv option for non ST holders will generate worthwhile income is nonsense .Non ST holders will simply congregate in small groups and pay once, or will borrow log in details from someone-there is going to be lots of ST's registered to one household who will only require one.

There may also be legal minimum age for someone to whom a company can offer streaming services 

Not our concern but for the premier teams any worthwhile income would obviously be from OF fans subscribing for away games.This will be a non starter as the games will more than likely be on Sky.

I was in the shop earlier.There seemed a decent stream of people at the ticket office.Good to see.

On a side note the plaza is a bit of a mess.Weeds coming up etc.Any Gardners on here could nip down and give it a tidy up?

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

An additional ticket to give to a friend? That could be impossible to guarentee to everyone depending on a number of things. How many STs we sell, how many games we miss this year, how many away fans attend etc.

My Season ticket cost me £315 which is £17.50 per game in an 18 game season. If Hearts are planning on counting streamable games as in their words "...access...to a home game..." then they'd need to charge non ST fans at least £17.50 per match to stream to their home. Otherwise they will have screwed over ST holders. 

As far as I am aware there hasn't even been any discussion from any official party (other than Morton recently) about teams even being allowed to stream games outside of the Premiership. 

6 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

The answer to the part in bold is covered by the last line in your other post.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that is for people not renewing.

Edited by graygo

1 minute ago, bigdavemaddog said:

do we think there will be walk up tickets available at any point in the season?

Very unlikely until a vaccine I’d think. Cat C season ticket probably best bet for anyone who thinks they may have done up to 10 walk ups. 

Wonder if maybe the club will leave it up to the individual and just give them the choice between:

1) no discount next season

2) discount next season 

3) discount in the form of TV access

That would make most sense to me. Leave it up to the individual.

KyleLafferty

Already been confirmed the games we couldn’t attend cause of Covid-19 would be carried onto next seasons season ticket.

Decision made tonight (never really in doubt tbh) season tickets for me and the laddie definitely getting renewed next week.

8 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Already been confirmed the games we couldn’t attend cause of Covid-19 would be carried onto next seasons season ticket.

Has it? Didn’t know that. Do you mean games from last season, or 2020/21 games?

Edited by TheOak88

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Has it? Didn’t know that. Do you mean games from last season, or 2020/21 games?

He must mean 2020/21, there was a discount applied to this season's ST price to compensate for lost games last season. £50 off platinum.

Renewed three this morning. Small queue outside before opening and a bigger queue when I left. Looking good for club sales.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Wonfiveone said:

Renewed three this morning. Small queue outside before opening and a bigger queue when I left. Looking good for club sales.

Sounds very positive. 👍

To remind you, we don’t have a deal with Sky Sports to develop virtual season tickets as we’re no longer in the Premiership.

However Hearts are still working on this (possibly Hearts TV?) and will share information as soon as they have it. 

2 renewed and a third one bought this afternoon. Shop was busy and there was someone renewing before me and a couple behind me. There was also people coming and going from the bar. Felt good to be back at the ground.

Sorely tempted to get one.

Gave mine up due to finances about 7 years ago.... fast forward to now and the money is just sitting there in the savings looking at me.....

We refused to renew last season and only just (at the last minute) bought one for the season before. We will be paying at the gate this season and more likely to renew for the season after this.

47 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We refused to renew last season and only just (at the last minute) bought one for the season before. We will be paying at the gate this season and more likely to renew for the season after this.

That's the spirit 

Just now, ramrod said:

That's the spirit 

We refused as the product on the park was horrendous and as it turns out, it was the correct decision anyway, even without the dreaded covid issue. The last time we refused to renew was back in 2008 i think (around the Laszlo time) and renewed again the season after. Apart from that, season tickets have been bought every other season since 1987.

Just now, jambonian said:

We refused as the product on the park was horrendous and as it turns out, it was the correct decision anyway, even without the dreaded covid issue. The last time we refused to renew was back in 2008 i think (around the Laszlo time) and renewed again the season after. Apart from that, season tickets have been bought every other season since 1987.

Can't argue with any of that , hopefully you change your mind before the start of the season as the club needs fans more when it's struggling rather than successful. 

Just now, ramrod said:

Can't argue with any of that , hopefully you change your mind before the start of the season as the club needs fans more when it's struggling rather than successful. 

I'll still be going to most games regardless but the mate often works Saturdays now so can't always make it so not worth the bother. There'll be times when work gets in my way aswell so they'll still get our cash, just as a walk up instead.

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I'll still be going to most games regardless but the mate often works Saturdays now so can't always make it so not worth the bother. There'll be times when work gets in my way aswell so they'll still get our cash, just as a walk up instead.

Listen ,  circumstances change constantly so you've absolutely nothing to explain . 

Paying for walk ups and thinking about renewing next year is definitely in the spirt as i posted earlier. 

2 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Sorely tempted to get one.

Gave mine up due to finances about 7 years ago.... fast forward to now and the money is just sitting there in the savings looking at me.....

Shitebag if ye dinnae 

August Landmesser
38 minutes ago, bigdavemaddog said:

how many do we think will make general sale?

Total guess but I reckon we'll hit 9250 by the 8th, we're probably close to 9k just now.