Bundesliga returning in May?

Muppetboy

1 hour ago, Geordie Jambo said:

Are you REALLY wanting football to start back up right now in Scotland when we are still fighting this virus?  

Oooooft, I will try not turn this thread into 'that debate' but here I go with y 2 cents

Firstly, I see zero proof that social distancing saves lives.  There are so many ways we can keep this under wraps with out pulling the shutters down on life and the economy.

Show me someone who thinks shutting down the economy will 'save the NHS' and I will show you a simpleton.  There are so many examples of countries to show the way in this and the UK is not one.

The stats of this simply do not justify the actions.  These drachonian measures are doing untold damage to the masses and that is wrong.  We need to in my opinion look after the vulnerable AND the healthy. At this moment in time zero ****s are been given about 96% of the healthy population The damage that this house arrest is doing is damaging the healthy and that is counter productive.  People need jobs!

So yes there are ways to bring back football.  I think if our governments started treating us like adults and not snotty nosed toddlers we can do it.  Sturgeon especially treats the entire population like we are snowlflakes.  She even used the word "delicate" to describe us yesterday.  **** me,  this is a nation that survived the blitz, this governent would not have us survive a ****ing water fight.

The Internet

The spirit of the blitz will see us through. 

Think I agree with some of that post though, maybe for different reasons. UK has handled this shambolically, tried one thing but realised they didn't have the capabilites to do it properly so half arsed a lockdown where if you can't work from home then you can't work but people are free to roam the streets and shops as much as they want (let's not kid on these restrictions are enforced, we're not under house arrest, Spain was under house arrest). Now we're stuck between a rock and a hard place where the virus is so widespread it's impossible to track so it's not technically safe to go back to work on buses and stuff but the economy is genuinely smashed to pieces so we're just forced to open up and try survival of the fittest again. 2nd highest death toll only beaten by a country run by donald trump, who at least didn't go around shaking hands with covid patients and end up in ICU with it, and only because he's got 5x the population. Incompetent from top to bottom, nothing has been done with any conviction. I know its Unprecedented™ but they're still shit. 

That said I'm not going to pretend I have all the answers but there are many other countries that seem to be doing a lot better than us in both death toll and damage to the economy. 

• 4 weeks later...

Heads up:

Hoffeheim v. Leverkusen live on BBC Alba. Prog starts at 6.05.

Has to be better than Emmerdale or a rerun of Netherlands v. Scotland in Euro'92. Goalless draw, iirc. 

59 minutes ago, martoon said:

Heads up:

Has to be better than Emmerdale or a rerun of Netherlands v. Scotland in Euro'92. Goalless draw, iirc. 

Great set up at Hoffeheim for beer and food outside the ground.

Pity there will be no one using it.

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Watching Dortmund paying Hertha and the crowd sound effects now apply

Not as bad as I thought it would be

Yeah, it's watchable with crowd noise. Total waste of time without. It'll be interested to hear after a few months of this how no crowds affects players - if some players try things they wouldn't otherwise or if some lose a bit of edge. It must have an effect and I suspect no crowds benefits the better teams.

Samuel Camazzola
On 05/06/2020 at 16:11, martoon said:

Heads up:

Euro '96 was goalless. We lost the' 92 tie. Bergkamp scored. 👍 

57 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Euro '96 was goalless. We lost the' 92 tie. Bergkamp scored. 👍 

Cheers, bud.