Bundesliga returning in May?

Muppetboy

Possibly some quality football to appreciate again, would definitely ease the current situation if only by a little. 

Wee revolting Krankie intimated yesterday that there will be no football till next year, certainly none with crowds.  will have to take all I can get then.

AlphonseCapone
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Wee revolting Krankie intimated yesterday that there will be no football till next year, certainly none with crowds.  will have to take all I can get then.

I see your wee holiday effects have worn off. 

The Internet
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This is definitely relevant as the scottish government is responsible for when German football can start up again. Thanks bud. 

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

This is definitely relevant as the scottish government is responsible for when German football can start up again. Thanks bud. 

Not being funny but how on earth could you get this from my post?

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Different infrastructure.

Also different will and determination.

Here's the thoughts of Scottish Rugby doctor on closed doors games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52395263

The SRU have openly stated that they don't think the autumn tests will be taking place this year. I think these games are played in November. 

So how are the Bundesliga approaching this....

Approval from the German government and federal states yet?

Access to testing without impacting the ability of testing access to their health workers, care workers, social workers, key workers and wider public?

Paying for everything themselves in line with government instructions and funding?

And so on......

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

See how the Germans get stuff done?

Not saying we backed the wrong team in 1939, just saying...

After WW2 Germany should have been raped and pillaged of all its resources (like many previous wars victors tried to do) to put them in their place.

Would as previously, led to more wars across western, central Europe but hey ho.....they wouldn't be where we are now.... 

Head of FifPro (world players union) was on Radio Scotland intimating that they need to see a lot more info on how any league would restart.

Mentioned testing, players staying central or going home but also that unless testing is available without prejudice to wider population, support to play won't be guaranteed

How would closed doors game be a positive in Scotland.

No money as it is so it would be another expense that clubs could do without.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, benny said:

How would closed doors game be a positive in Scotland.

No money as it is so it would be another expense that clubs could do without.

I think if it’s to finish this season then it would pay per view on Saturdays at 3pm As it’s unlikely to happen it would be next season, Sky aren’t going to pay out if there’s no games, if it’s pay per view they might make more money and have to split it with the clubs. There’s money to be made.

Enzo Chiefo
20 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

So how are the Bundesliga approaching this....

Approval from the German government and federal states yet?

Access to testing without impacting the ability of testing access to their health workers, care workers, social workers, key workers and wider public?

Paying for everything themselves in line with government instructions and funding?

And so on......

Vorsprung durch technik

Seymour M Hersh
21 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

In your haste to slag off I8 (which in itself is often no bad thing) you completely failed to understand what he said. 

Good look forward some football in sports grounds, 22 players behind closed doors, few pints after behind closed doors

Broken leg leave player on pitch.

Any player sweating sent to dug out

No spitting on pitch

No close contact with ref lino except when wrong decision has being made allowed then to get close with respect.

No corners to be taken unless players remain at safe distance.

No defensive wall during free kick.

No heading of ball may be contaminated

Sure I have missed a few rules.

Bazzas right boot

This thread.... 

Blaming sturgeon, I assume for no football starting here. ...

Backing the nazis in 1939...

CF90YPxUUAEyEFz.jpg

glynnlondon
5 minutes ago, JL47 said:

Good look forward some football in sports grounds, 22 players behind closed doors, few pints after behind closed doors

No spitting on pitch

No close contact with ref lino except when wrong decision has being made allowed then to get close with respect.

Our lot of charlatans would pass the no sweating rule with flying colours tbf

On 24/04/2020 at 10:11, i8hibsh said:

Such an angry wee man. 

2 hours ago, JL47 said:

No spitting on pitch

Hopefully it’ll stop players firing snot out their nostrils!!! It’s feckin minging when they do that.

Krankies are Unionists so you are right they are revolting. 

The lovely Nicola on the other hand is doing a great job. 👍

I have watched a few Australian football matches on bt.

I mean I watched the start of the games.

Honestly they are terrible to watch without fans.

Fort Vallance

It's ok though. She's going to have a grown up conversation with us. Patronising #####.

• 2 weeks later...
The Internet

Cleared to return this month with games behind closed doors. Likely to be games on 16th/17th May. 

6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Cleared to return this month with games behind closed doors. Likely to be games on 16th/17th May. 

Cool. Great news for a football fan and betting aficionado like myself.

I have plenty money to burn after my recent pillaging of the bookies.

Way-hayyyyyyyyy

2 minutes ago, smiler said:

Cool. Great news for a football fan and betting aficionado like myself.

I have plenty money to burn after my recent pillaging of the bookies.

Way-hayyyyyyyyy

No been betting on the Belarus league?i feel like a loyal BATE Borisov fan now the team for me 😉

Personally think its too soon and recipe for disaster as once one player inevitably tests positive it'll all be off again,can't see how EVERYONE is being told to social distance but its OK for footballers to have a relaxed rule 🤔

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

No been betting on the Belarus league?i feel like a loyal BATE Borisov fan now the team for me 😉

Yeah man, check out some of my successes from Belarus in the pinned betting thread at the top of the forum page.

annushorribilis III
24 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

From a German tweeter I follow

Constantin Eckner

@cc_eckner

·

1h

It's done. #Bundesliga return gets the go-ahead from Germany's governments. The earliest date for a resumption of the season would be 22 May, with 29 May being a likely alternative.

Hashimoto

I think you have a problem with the female sex......First Budge and now Sturgeon....You know that you can get help....Well once the lockdown is eased.....

On 25/04/2020 at 19:05, benny said:

Agreed. But it might be a bit different when it is your own team playing.

I probably won't watch many closed door games of other teams.

Henry. Henry.
1 hour ago, smiler said:

Yeah man, check out some of my successes from Belarus in the pinned betting thread at the top of the forum page.

I’ve had a wee bit of success on player cards.  Referees are card happy over there.   Magic. 

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, rory78 said:

Personally think its too soon and recipe for disaster as once one player inevitably tests positive it'll all be off again,can't see how EVERYONE is being told to social distance but its OK for footballers to have a relaxed rule 🤔

They've tested all the players. I believe 12 tested positive, none were showing symptoms. 

They'll test every player multiple times in the next fortnight.

2 hours ago, Henry. Henry. said:

I’ve had a wee bit of success on player cards.  Referees are card happy over there.   Magic. 

👍

It's worth a look at some corners markets mate, it's money for old rope. 

3 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

I think you have a problem with the female sex......First Budge and now Sturgeon....You know that you can get help....Well once the lockdown is eased.....

So let me get this straight. 4 billion females on the planet. I hate 2 of them and I have a problem with the female sex.

:wtf:

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So let me get this straight. 4 billion females on the planet. I hate 2 of them and I have a problem with the female sex.

Do you actually hate Budge? Hate is a strong word. 

1 minute ago, smiler said:

Do you actually hate Budge? Hate is a strong word. 

Yes.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Yes.

Fair enough mate. 

Fwiw I cannae stick Sturgeon, don't hate the dame mind. 

Jamboelite
40 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No, the many posts you’ve made with your utter contempt of anything involving women probably sealed it.

Skipped to the very end of this thread about German football, and seen i8 potratying hatred for Budge and Sturgeon. Do I bother with the rest of the thread? :rofl: 

5 hours ago, smiler said:

They love bookings 60+ over there 👍 I'll check the forum 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Locky said:

Skipped to the very end of this thread about German football, and seen i8 potratying hatred for Budge and Sturgeon. Do I bother with the rest of the thread? :rofl: 

Me too.

Football behind closed doors from May 15, players tested twice a week, cardboard cut outs of fans in at least one stadium. 

Hopefully something to watch on TV, strange without crowd bit maybe s little bet....  Make it feel more like a weekend..

On 25/04/2020 at 19:05, benny said:

:spoton:

Geordie Jambo

Are you REALLY wanting football to start back up right now in Scotland when we are still fighting this virus?