2020-21 Kit Design - Revealed!!

I P Knightley

On 05/05/2020 at 23:09, Pasquale for King said:

Every season I keep my fingers crossed for an away strip like this!!!!

B38CBCD1-73A2-407F-87BA-7D55A2704643.jpeg

Abso****inlutely

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Batistuta87

• Pasquale for King

• Anything2

The Natural Order
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

On the Torino theme... imagine. Change the bull to the heart of midlothian crest

TorinoHSS1617_a.gif

image.jpg

Top 1.jpg

20 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Top 1.jpg

Blended in more and it would be class. Or even a blended in outline of the castle

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

On the Torino theme... imagine. Change the bull to the heart of midlothian crest

TorinoHSS1617_a.gif

image.jpg

Would be like the 98 OS top. 

In other news, Kappa are shite.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

We had a club store in the St James' Centre (looking out towards Multrees Walk). I'm sure there was a dispute with the rental as Vlad had stopped paying it. 

Yeah, because we were losing money, old Vlad didnt feel he should pay if he's losing money.

We had to pay out for rent, rates, wages, taxes and utilities on a city centre unit. That means every day they needed decent business just to break even, and they weren't getting that.

We have a store available and online facilities, people can get what they want from us. It just doesn't make financial sense for a club of our size to have a city centre shop. I worked in Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam for a few years, I watched with inerest as they put together the Ajax shop over the road, they spent ages doing it. About 2 years it lasted IIRC, maybe less. Even the Ajaxes of the world who get decent levels of football tourism realise it's not worth the expense. 

Samuel Camazzola
33 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, because we were losing money, old Vlad didnt feel he should pay if he's losing money.

We had to pay out for rent, rates, wages, taxes and utilities on a city centre unit. That means every day they needed decent business just to break even, and they weren't getting that.

We have a store available and online facilities, people can get what they want from us. It just doesn't make financial sense for a club of our size to have a city centre shop. I worked in Rembrandtplein in Amsterdam for a few years, I watched with inerest as they put together the Ajax shop over the road, they spent ages doing it. About 2 years it lasted IIRC, maybe less. Even the Ajaxes of the world who get decent levels of football tourism realise it's not worth the expense. 

Agree. 👍 

BelgeJambo

Irks me when I fly into Edinburgh and all you can see is weegie strips on sale 

Edinburgh FFS

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

A permanent shop isn't required but someone with a bit of marketing know-how could probably get a temporary stall on Princes Street on match days selling merchandise and advertising the game to tourists and casual fans. A stall at the Christmas Market might work as well, we might not have a massive global appeal but if you were a tourist at Christmas or Hogmanay and were looking for gifts to take home to your football loving children etc. merchandise with a distinctive foreign club crest on it is something people would probably buy. I've certainly done that when abroad. 

Online shopping means these sort of outlets are generally pointless nowadays. The only one that would make any money, is ironically the one that would cost the most rates; the airport.

The only external Hearts shop I'd like to see is in Edinburgh Airport a fantastic opportunity for passing trade, however it's rumoured that rental fees far outweigh potential profits.

9 hours ago, Dunks said:

We used to have a spot in I think Burtons on Princes Street. I remember being in on the day of a Scotland v Wales rugby international and all the Welsh were mad for the Hearts stuff, buying up hats, scarves and tops. We even had a Hearts rugby top at the time.

I actually still have the Hearts rugby style top from Burtons. Occasionally it gets an outing to a match in winter on account of it's long sleeves.

8 hours ago, been here before said:

Should re-open Topsport on Gorgie Road.

20200518_121834.jpg.3398587c78996869795cadc344216e92.jpg

Sure i used to know the guy that had that.guy with the tash cant mind his name.did stocktaking for people as well

Edited by Hearts007

andythejambo
2 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Sure i used to know the guy that had that.guy with the tash cant mind his name.did stocktaking for people as well

Russell and Christine Lawson were the owners.

2 hours ago, whodanny said:

I actually still have the Hearts rugby style top from Burtons. Occasionally it gets an outing to a match in winter on account of it's long sleeves.

I had the maroon and white one - I'm sure there was one with pale blue too.

I had mine a few stone ago though :D

14 hours ago, andythejambo said:

Russell and Christine Lawson were the owners.

Thats right cheers..

Edited by Hearts007

Nookie Bear

Do we need to open Hearts-only retail outlets?

Whats wrong with just having our shirts available in places like Sports Direct?

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Maybe them talking plenty for selling them?

11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

When did we stop doing this, out of interest?

I vaguely remember seeing Hearts stuff in the old JJB Sports up at the Fort, would have been 2005/06 season.

14 hours ago, Dunks said:

I had the maroon and white one - I'm sure there was one with pale blue too.

I had mine a few stone ago though :D

Yes, maroon and white. It's faded a bit now and the collar has a pinkish tinge where the dye has run after so many washings, but it's still in good nick and still fits I'm pleased to say. Could be that I bought a size larger than I needed at the time though. 😄

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Walrus said:

1281332712_heartshome1.thumb.jpg.6a8cd410c694ed66f68cd938f68fb1c3.jpg1862705404_heartsaway1.thumb.jpg.0e17b320e75c903283bd6bc669b10c23.jpg1813376258_heartsaway2.thumb.jpg.883d2462b9b88022deebd8287279b640.jpg1930777274_heartsajax1.thumb.jpg.5e48ccad34bb9bd376b9d4cc979cf354.jpg

Top left and bottom left are cracking. Love the all maroon home top - would be cracking with just plain shorts and socks, no stripes or anything like that. 

1 hour ago, Walrus said:

1281332712_heartshome1.thumb.jpg.6a8cd410c694ed66f68cd938f68fb1c3.jpg1862705404_heartsaway1.thumb.jpg.0e17b320e75c903283bd6bc669b10c23.jpg1813376258_heartsaway2.thumb.jpg.883d2462b9b88022deebd8287279b640.jpg1930777274_heartsajax1.thumb.jpg.5e48ccad34bb9bd376b9d4cc979cf354.jpg

The all maroon looks really classy. Would take the white with maroon and navy stripes as well. 

A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why on earth would we want to give all the retail profit margin from our shirt sales to Mike Ashley when you can buy direct from the club with ease?

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Why on earth would we want to give all the retail profit margin from our shirt sales to Mike Ashley when you can buy direct from the club with ease?

Gorgie Rd has zero passing trade for tourists and visitors. 

5 hours ago, Walrus said:

1862705404_heartsaway1.thumb.jpg.0e17b320e75c903283bd6bc669b10c23.jpg1813376258_heartsaway2.thumb.jpg.883d2462b9b88022deebd8287279b640.jpg

All the mock ups are sweet, but that top one is just utter sexy filth

💦💦💦💦💦

A throw back to my favourite top as a kid .

The second one is good too, going back to our roots with that. Any chance you could re-mock it with just one dark blue hoop under the sponsor, the same size as the maroon one (keeping the maroon one as well). 

19 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

All the mock ups are sweet, but that top one is just utter sexy filth

💦💦💦💦💦

A throw back to my favourite top as a kid .

The second one is good too, going back to our roots with that. Any chance you could re-mock it with just one dark blue hoop under the sponsor, the same size as the maroon one (keeping the maroon one as well). 

701521521_heartsaway3.thumb.jpg.f0d9fbe3c20c1135b972837d9907c9bd.jpg276058176_heartsaway4.thumb.jpg.dd686ff63404790af161b620bc1cbf4e.jpg

9 minutes ago, Walrus said:

701521521_heartsaway3.thumb.jpg.f0d9fbe3c20c1135b972837d9907c9bd.jpg276058176_heartsaway4.thumb.jpg.dd686ff63404790af161b620bc1cbf4e.jpg

Like that, a wee bit different but still familiar!! 

One last request, on that top one, could you do a light grey in between the two maroon bands

chubby1973
20 hours ago, tian447 said:

pies2020.png

Pot noodle as a sponsor would look better on that. 😎

4 hours ago, chubby1973 said:

Pot noodle as a sponsor would look better on that. 😎

There used to be loads of mockups with things like that :lol: Probably lost, amongst the classics.

Not Pot Noodle, I did find this from an old thread as well:

Pies.png

Would :pinilla: 

On 20/05/2020 at 00:46, tian447 said:

pies2020.png

I know thats in jest, but I really like the serious part of the design. Very retro :) 

Bad Religion
8 hours ago, Alan_R said:

NK triglav (slovenia)

IMG_6100.jpeg

NK_Triglav_Ozbej_Kuhar_200220.jpg

That would be close to perfect for me. 

Unknown user
On 20/05/2020 at 00:46, tian447 said:

pies2020.png

Well chuffed, I did the tree and fist thing but lost the file, can you send it over?

On 18/05/2020 at 21:04, Hearts007 said:

Topsport....Ah the memories.  I remember the bloke that had it. Really friendly guy, big Hearts fan as you’d expect.  I used to get my boots from there as well as my Hearts pin badges. 

It was very rare for shops in the 80s but I’m sure he opened on Boxing Day? May have been a one off? I couldn’t wait to spend some Xmas money I got and went into Gorgie. Think I was the only one on the bus 😁

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Well chuffed, I did the tree and fist thing but lost the file, can you send it over?

Amazing :rofl: 

Here's the version I added PIES to:

fist.png

Here's the image without PIES:

fistnopies.png

I think it needs a bit of work to restore the parts lost under the PIES logo.

It's a shame that a lot of these images were uploaded to image hosts that have since deleted the content.

Hagar the Horrible
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 13:06, Jeff said:

TorinoHSS1617_a.gif

image.jpg

Can anybody change that  for comparison an outline  of the City skyline  (the castle) and Hearts badge?

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Can anybody change that  for comparison an outline  of the City skyline  (the castle) and Hearts badge?

Dont know how to edit the Torino one but had a go on the cracking home top @Walrus made:

image.png.d52c6ef786109d99ec19df54104145ba.pngimage.png.488e70a3920ba574dd83e31153f162f9.png

We can dream, eh! :) 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It would work, the darker one regardless of the type of top?

Yeah the dark one would make a lovely kit I think. Doubt we'll ever get anything quite as edgy as that though. Wouldn't mind a cobbled pattern or something like the blue away top we had a couple of season ago.