2020-21 Kit Design - Revealed!!

I P Knightley

If our away top next year is something like the Gremio home shirt, I could see it making a lot of people happy:

gremio_2020_umbro_home_shirt.jpg

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tian447

• Batistuta87

• Pasquale for King

• Anything2

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If our away top next year is something like the Gremio home shirt, I could see it making a lot of people happy:

gremio_2020_umbro_home_shirt.jpg

That's horrible. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Could end up with something similar from the teamware catalogue

Screenshot_20200515_083608.jpg

Actually love the idea of a top like this. The white trim is cracking.

image.png.aeb756318af58c36f13d3327eb4a7dab.png

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ruud Krol said:

I had forget about that page, last time I saw it i had my great nephew drawing Hearts strip whilst I was babysitting him 😃. Some good ones there. Another classic strip from a bygone era with Black socks again next season maybe? 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:indeed:

3rd kit has now been re-branded as the 19/20 and 20/21 Third Kit on heartsdirect.co.uk.

We seem to alternative between white and blue for our away kits most seasons.  The current season is an off white with blue, so I reckon we'll have a mostly light blue away shirt, and (bold, I know!) a maroon home shirt.

Probably.

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Could end up with something similar from the teamware catalogue

Screenshot_20200515_083608.jpg

Umbro had previously stated their pro wear kits would be bespoke. No teamwear efforts for us. 

Hectormasson
On 05/05/2020 at 14:42, Cruyff said:

I like option 2 of the home one. 

Don't like that away top, never did. 

However, if you could do something like West Ham's away from the 1960's, like a Sampdoria top, that would be class! 

897-680.jpg.4b993d8dd2afb92cd8d6ce89bdcf28ed.jpg

Very nice ......with a torino style home top  ?   a deep maroon type maroon shorts  black and maroon topped socks with hearts crest on them ?

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That's horrible. 

I think the 90's cartoon style outlines don't help.

Take the white border away, and it would be fine!

3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

That's awful looks like a rugby top! Hope ours is nothing like that. 

Totally agree. It was just seeing the post earlier made me think of the teamware catalogue.

45 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Umbro had previously stated their pro wear kits would be bespoke. No teamwear efforts for us. 

Sure I had read that on here, hope it's not the design in the picture as it's almost our top from two seasons ago.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

That's good news 👍 I do quite like that particular example from the teamwear line though and would be happy with that if there was a bit of a pattern through the material. 

Hopefully not long to wait now anyway - usually they reveal them around the start / middle of June, and given the current situation and maybe needing some money they might do it early this year... 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, tian447 said:

I think the 90's cartoon style outlines don't help.

Take the white border away, and it would be fine!

Agreed. Ours in the early 90s was perfect, not too much detail and very plain.

Batistuta87

Would have a semi if we get a kit with white Umbro piping down the sleeves like we had in the 70s:

hearts 1977

The reverse of this as an away kit would be equally semi-inducing. 

EagleJambo
On 26/04/2020 at 13:52, Angel eyes said:

Did our 3rd kit sell out with the second batch? Pop up saying you can pre-order it again take it they’re using it for next season as well don’t mind buying a new home shirt every season if they turn the away or 3rd kits over every second.

Ordered the 3rd kit last week and it was delivered today. Looks braw and fits really well. Well chuffed with it. Thought I also saw that they confirmed it as the 3rd kit for next season (if that goes ahead). Money well spent.

Goes against modern tradition but in respect of the 1914 team I’d have black socks back as a permanent choice at home. I think we should wear the strip those players did as standard.

Unknown user
18 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would have a semi if we get a kit with white Umbro piping down the sleeves like we had in the 70s:

hearts 1977

The reverse of this as an away kit would be equally semi-inducing. 

I don't like when we do a reverse away kit, such lazy design IMO, boring.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

Normally I would agree - I hated when we had those Puma ones a few seasons ago - but I reckon this design with the Umbro piping down the sleeves would look awesome in maroon/white and white/maroon. I normally don't even like white kits but one with a maroon collar and a stripe down the sleeve would be lovely. 

PhoenixHearts
On 16/05/2020 at 11:42, Batistuta87 said:

Normally I would agree - I hated when we had those Puma ones a few seasons ago - but I reckon this design with the Umbro piping down the sleeves would look awesome in maroon/white and white/maroon. I normally don't even like white kits but one with a maroon collar and a stripe down the sleeve would be lovely. 

Second Puma home kit 16-17 (plain maroon, round neck) was amazing imo.

lisburnjambo

Off topic for a minute here

As part of the New Kit and Retail Deal with Castore the Ibrox Megastore is earmarked to undergo a £250,000 refurbishment.

Its hoped that this will be the catalyst for the expansion of the clubs retail empire with FIVE new stores in the pipeline, in addition to pop up stores appearing around the Ibrox Stadium footprint. 

Why can’t we do this? Open a few stores over the UK as well as in Edinburgh Centre - Hearts to get all the money 

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, lisburnjambo said:

As part of the New Kit and Retail Deal with Castore the Ibrox Megastore is earmarked to undergo a £250,000 refurbishment.

Its hoped that this will be the catalyst for the expansion of the clubs retail empire with FIVE new stores in the pipeline, in addition to pop up stores appearing around the Ibrox Stadium footprint. 

Why can’t we do this? Open a few stores over the UK as well as in Edinburgh Centre - Hearts to get all the money 

We don't have enough glory hunters scattered throughout the UK. 

13 minutes ago, lisburnjambo said:

I suppose it’s timing and there may be opportunities in the future, but this has been done in the past mate.(specifically Edinburgh).

St James Centre shop never really lasted long. Then I remember the Gyle having a shop but it was always intended as temporary(May have targeted Christmas?).

We just don’t have the level of custom.  

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I suppose it’s timing and there may be opportunities in the future, but this has been done in the past mate.(specifically Edinburgh).

St James Centre shop never really lasted long. Then I remember the Gyle having a shop but it was always intended as temporary(May have targeted Christmas?).

Am sure we had one in Livingston as well .

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This!   It was honestly one of the nicest kits we've ever had!

Plain maroon, nice round neck, and the only white on it was the sponsors and manufacturers logo.

A properly classy kit! 

I've got every kit we've had since 2005 in my wardrobe, with the exception of this monstrosity:

hearts-09-home_6_1_4_2.jpg

Umbro, if you're looking in, don't even ****ing bother :lol: 

Midloth_Iain
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I've got every kit we've had since 2005 in my wardrobe, with the exception of this monstrosity:

hearts-09-home_6_1_4_2.jpg

Umbro, if you're looking in, don't even ****ing bother :lol: 

in case you change your mind  .....

https://www.uksoccershop.com/p-170319/hearts-2009/10-bnwt-home-shirt-m-umbro.html

😂

only £54 ... 🙈

34 minutes ago, tian447 said:

This!   It was honestly one of the nicest kits we've ever had!

Plain maroon, nice round neck, and the only white on it was the sponsors and manufacturers logo.

A properly classy kit! 

hearts070816.jpg.d51f73bcb1bc9954b2d4d65aa2bc031b.jpgNew-Hearts-Strip-2016-17.jpg.bb33f431cc502f0a955f9ae66b4b234b.jpg

Class strip

4 minutes ago, Walrus said:

hearts070816.jpg.d51f73bcb1bc9954b2d4d65aa2bc031b.jpgNew-Hearts-Strip-2016-17.jpg.bb33f431cc502f0a955f9ae66b4b234b.jpg

Class strip

So good, I've got 4 of them :thumbsup:

If Umbro did something similar, I wouldn't complain!  Plain maroon, round neck, with some sort of diamond detailing on the sleeve?  Perfection!  :)

hearts_18_19_umbro_home_kit.jpg

lisburnjambo
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Everything should be tried again, don’t forget there are ‘fans’ that can’t always just step to Tynecastle park - like Belfast for example. I know there’s online but some people could just “walk in and buy” on the spot “without planning”

think we should try open one or two (even temporary) 

Holyrood_Hearts
On 16/05/2020 at 08:40, Smithee said:

Agreed

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, lisburnjambo said:

Will be interesting to see what price tags are stuck on the club stuff. When Andy Murray switched his kit sponsorship to them a couple of years ago, the price of simple stuff like polo's, goodies and caps were Hollywood stuff. 

Unknown user

3 hours ago, lisburnjambo said:

Everything should be tried again, don’t forget there are ‘fans’ that can’t always just step to Tynecastle park - like Belfast for example. I know there’s online but some people could just “walk in and buy” on the spot “without planning”

think we should try open one or two (even temporary) 

There just isn't the demand to justify the costs

On 05/05/2020 at 14:55, Batistuta87 said:

Collar stripe is a nice touch actually: 

image.png.ef2b51bd175b051de6ba51832c7fe433.png

I'm with you, would love to see an Inter Milan style away kit but thinking its quite unlikely since the black 3rd strip is being kept on for next season. Here's an attempt at an Inter style: 

image.png.7e99df220a976c8f0f7a9f732171264d.png

What software are you using to make these?

15 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

We don't have enough glory hunters scattered throughout the UK. 

Neither do Rangers, as the closure of their Edinburgh store proved a few years ago. Think we rid ourselves of the Celtic one not long after that too. Online sales make these outlets a bit redundant these days anyway.

15 hours ago, tian447 said:

Hang on, don't have this either:

hearts-07-home-tags-boys.jpg

:vrface: 

This one was alright I had it in long sleeve was quite heavy wearing this on a summer holiday to Spain 

If we do go to the championship I don't see any real reason to have 3 football tops. Id like to see the 3rd top being used more but both are too dark. 

Forever Hearts
42 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Neither do Rangers, as the closure of their Edinburgh store proved a few years ago. Think we rid ourselves of the Celtic one not long after that too. Online sales make these outlets a bit redundant these days anyway.

It used to sicken me knowing those shops were in Edinburgh. I'm glad they are long gone and hopefully never return. 

Batistuta87
21 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

It was nice but was disappointing to have pretty much the same kit twice in a row. 

Nookie Bear

I knw there are reasons for this but it seems ridiculous to me that you can only buy Hearts merchandise from our club store which, let's face it, is situated in a part of town that tourists do not tend to visit.

Surely we can find a way to sell our gear at the airport, for instance.

Batistuta87
10 hours ago, Sertse said:

What software are you using to make these?

There are sites you can make up template strips (google football kit creator or something) - made the kits on those then added badges and stuff using Powerpoint.

Edited by Batistuta87

23 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It used to sicken me knowing those shops were in Edinburgh. I'm glad they are long gone and hopefully never return. 

It used to cause me almost irrational levels of rage when I walked past them. Both were a shitstain on the city. The Rangers one was possibly worse because of its location on George Street, and the design of the building so it’s window protruded out like a stage. It was when they had that stinking orange away too as well. You’d be walking down this beautiful Georgian street with all these nice bars and designer shops and all of a sudden there’s this stinking great orange and blue carbuncle standing out like a sore thumb. The Celtic one was chavvy as **** too, but at least it was on a side street. The windows of the Celtic one were always broken too, which I took a bit too much smug delight in.

21 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I knw there are reasons for this but it seems ridiculous to me that you can only buy Hearts merchandise from our club store which, let's face it, is situated in a part of town that tourists do not tend to visit.

Surely we can find a way to sell our gear at the airport, for instance.

Should get a pop up stall up the royal mile in the festival in the future could get some money brought in by tourists . 

We used to have a spot in I think Burtons on Princes Street. I remember being in on the day of a Scotland v Wales rugby international and all the Welsh were mad for the Hearts stuff, buying up hats, scarves and tops. We even had a Hearts rugby top at the time.

Batistuta87

We have several ways of marketing our merchandise to tourists so I'm honestly really surprised that we don't have a pop-up during the Fringe or a stall during the Xmas Market selling strips, t-shirts, mugs, badges, all that sort of thing. Those Americans with "Scottish roots" visiting Edinburgh would lap it up if we used our connection to the "Old Castle Rock" and to the Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile and that sort of stuff. They would love to go home to their mates and show off their new sports team over in Scotland!

Even everyday tourists who like football might be tempted to pick up a strip or something if there was a more central outlet. I know whenever I go to a new city I look out for their local football team's merch and try to take something home for my wee lad - whether it be a keyring, a cup/mug, a strip, whatever. I know our agreements with kit manufacturers often mean no selling in any other shops though so something to be considered probably. 

But aye, would love to see a Hearts shop during the Festival / Xmas Market. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Samuel Camazzola
30 minutes ago, Dunks said:

We used to have a spot in I think Burtons on Princes Street. I remember being in on the day of a Scotland v Wales rugby international and all the Welsh were mad for the Hearts stuff, buying up hats, scarves and tops. We even had a Hearts rugby top at the time.

We had a club store in the St James' Centre (looking out towards Multrees Walk). I'm sure there was a dispute with the rental as Vlad had stopped paying it. 

been here before

Should re-open Topsport on Gorgie Road.

20200518_121834.jpg.3398587c78996869795cadc344216e92.jpg

Edited by been here before

19 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

We had a club store in the St James' Centre (looking out towards Multrees Walk). I'm sure there was a dispute with the rental as Vlad had stopped paying it. 

Aye, that was much later. Had the ones in Livingston and the Gyle too.

I remember Vlad boldly stating he was opening shops in the Weege :D